Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Tut Tut smurgen...Brendi and Redgirl can make these claims and not have to back them up...that's how they roll, doncha know.

Era trolls gonna troll Fran,sure what would ya expect from a pig only a grunt. I won't be engaging anymore. Much to much going on to get bogged down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,563 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »
    Era trolls gonna troll Fran,sure what would ya expect from a pig only a grunt. I won't be engaging anymore. Much to much going on to get bogged down.

Aaaaand the white flag has been raised........

Last throw of a beaten docket.... accuse a respected poster of trolling....

After the post you put out......

We can look out and verify if it is raining chum.

We cannot verify various claims you and others make when you won't back them up with data...they remain flimsy nebulous things flaoting around in the air - like misty rain on the bog.

He heh.... can I take it so that you disagree with my assessment that a closing of the schools would not, as I suggested, create the greatest depression since the lockdown, for our people?

But as you say it’s just “flimsy nebulous things floating in the air- like misty rain on the bog”

Re-enforces my belief the real reasons why your fellow travelers are in opposition and will stay there till you can understand the mood of the people.

I’m afraid Francie, you need a lot of links and back ups to justify that point of view.

But go ahead anyway........ you know you want to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He heh.... can I take it so that you disagree with my assessment that a closing of the schools would not, as I suggested, create the greatest depression since the lockdown, for our people?

But as you say it’s just “flimsy nebulous things floating in the air- like misty rain on the bog”

Re-enforces my belief the real reasons why your fellow travelers are in opposition and will stay there till you can understand the mood of the people.

I’m afraid Francie, you need a lot of links and back ups to justify that point of view.

But go ahead anyway........ you know you want to:D

I think you exaggerate greatly Brendi.

I will continue to think that until you produce some back-up. for you claims..but I fear said bog will have turned to the hardest of sedimentary rock before that event happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Last throw of a beaten docket.... accuse a respected poster of trolling....

I had to log-on to express how amusing I found this. Respected poster? If you're referring to yourself you must be huffing glue

• Advertisement

I think you exaggerate greatly Brendi.

I will continue to think that until you produce some back-up. for you claims..but I fear said bog will have turned to the hardest of sedimentary rock before that event happens.

Francie, a chara, if you think the closure of schools by the ASTI wouldn’t produce the biggest depression since the lock down and actually have to ask for back up for that........

Frankly the mind boggles and really shows up your lack of appreciation of our State.

But hey... there’s Cullinane down in the SE.....so no surprise there.

Carry on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Tut Tut smurgen...Brendi and Redgirl can make these claims and not have to back them up...that's how they roll, doncha know.

What claims Francie? Please quote me?

Or there more of you making silly assumption?

It isn't basic manners except in your head. People do it all the time on this site n an effort to keep the topic focused.

I am not 'running to the mods' either, I am telling you that if you have an issue with what I am doing that you have the option of going to the mods because I am going to continue using the site as I always have.

So you don’t understand basic manners even when someone points it out to you multiple times?

If you are not running to the mods why have you twice made reference to them?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So you don’t understand basic manners even when someone points it out to you multiple times?

If you are not running to the mods why have you twice made reference to them? You are right for once, the mods won’t be able to teach you basic manners

You referred to relatives of victims of the Glennane gang as crackpots and doubled down on it. You trying to lecture people on manners would be like John Delayney giving a talk on corporate governance.

Ya god damn them for looking for contact tracing, testing and quick turnaround on results.
    Meanwhile the dail is still in the convention center.

https://twitter.com/GininaTeacup1/status/1307372452297748487?s=19

I don’t know what sort of a “person” would think in the middle of this crisis that a strike is good?

It will put the whole country in ruin. Shows the level of stupidity on this forum.

I really do think I should get ff to announce the earth is round to see you clowns try to argue it flats. Baffling stupidity on here.

• Advertisement

We'll put here by Holly Cairns on the meat plants and lockdowns. Whole situation is baffling.

https://twitter.com/rtetwip/status/1307658188242792448?s=09

You referred to relatives of victims of the Glennane gang as crackpots and doubled down on it. You trying to lecture people on manners would be like John Delayney giving a talk on corporate governance.

I didn’t, I referred to a specific website.

I have no idea why you lot have such issues with the English language, every accusation you throw has nothing to back it up

Why do I constantly need to teach you the same lesson?

Read my post from weeks ago: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114376141&postcount=6640

Read it. Try and let it sink in.

Redgirl says she votes for the coalition of chaos because they are the best of bad lot. That in my opinion is a sad and weak argument. It will only keep the status quo in place. I voted for a Social Democrat and a very capable Independent at the last election. I voted FG for 20 years - that will never happen again.

It would be easier for me to have kept on my FG blinkers and looked the other way when they gorged at the trough and abused their positions. The lifelong family-made blinkers seem to work for Bendar, Blanch etc but they stopped fitting me. I hope new parties emerge when FFG decline even further. I hope FF cease to exist.

New Politics anyone?

When did I say I voted for the coalition?

If you could quote me please.

We'll put here by Holly Cairns on the meat plants and lockdowns. Whole situation is baffling.

She's dead right on the unethical subcontracting practices (about which we know little about the scale of) with workers on a bogus employment status in another EU state. In normal times, this should be ruthlessly rooted out and halted; a pandemic, it's simply reckless. If Germany can put a stop to it, so can we. It's a matter of poltical will and facing down an interest group. This particular interest group enjoys a perverse amount of power over the traditional big two it appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I sense an under current of racism/I'm alright Jack with the meat plants getting raised every five minutes.

Meat Plants are likely no worse than offices etc but because a) they are lower end jobs b) they don't have many national level voters involved they're an easy target.

Couple that with the industry being unpopular following Larry Goodman and it's a clean sweep. Oddly it was the fact the factories themselves tested people that weren't sick bumped up the number of cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I see Harris pulling a Varadkar, giving his tuppence on someone else's ministry re testing.

I sense an under current of racism/I'm alright Jack with the meat plants getting raised every five minutes.

Meat Plants are likely no worse than offices etc but because a) they are lower end jobs b) they don't have many national level voters involved they're an easy target.

Couple that with the industry being unpopular following Larry Goodman and it's a clean sweep. Oddly it was the fact the factories themselves tested people that weren't sick bumped up the number of cases

Meat plant workers are cheek by jowl with each other on lines for hours on end doing often very physical work. They are leagues worse than an office environment for transmission.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Meat plant workers are cheek by jowl with each other on lines for hours on end doing often very physical work. They are leagues worse than an office environment for transmission.

You saying that from experience? Or just because you think you know?

You saying that from experience? Or just because you think you know?

What do you think?

EDIT: Seeing as you're content to post snark. Take it from experts instead of me if you so wish:

"When you have people standing right next to each other working heavily - because of course this is a difficult job - and breathing heavily, you have a chance for spreading virus from just one infected individual to many that are in close proximity," said Tara Smith, professor of epidemiology at Kent State University in Ohio."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/53137613

Enjoy the read. See you at the other side of it.

What do you think?

EDIT: Seeing as you're content to post snark. Take it from experts instead of me if you so wish:

"When you have people standing right next to each other working heavily - because of course this is a difficult job - and breathing heavily, you have a chance for spreading virus from just one infected individual to many that are in close proximity," said Tara Smith, professor of epidemiology at Kent State University in Ohio."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/53137613

Enjoy the read. See you at the other side of it.

I asked if you are posting from experience? And you answer with a link from BBC about an outbreak in UK?

Why not just answer the question saying you don’t have a clue ?

I don’t either but I don’t claim to.

• Advertisement

I asked if you are posting from experience? And you answer with a link from BBC about an outbreak in UK?

Why not just answer the question saying you don’t have a clue ?

I don’t either but I don’t claim to.

Take it from the experts, or dont. I'm not in the business of entertaining people who trade in snark.

What would satisfy you? If I worked on a line in a meat plant deboning carcasses? I don't care tbh.

The dangers of the environment of meat plants have been well known and well reported on from the early stages of the pandemic. You can feign ignorance and try to play gotcha but it doesn't butter parsnips. Whatever you're M.O. is on this thread, it's rather silly.

Take it from the experts, or dont. I'm not in the business of entertaining people who trade in snark.

What would satisfy you? If I worked on a line in a meat plant deboning carcasses? I don't care tbh.

The dangers of the environment of meat plants have been well known and we'll reported on from the early stages of the pandemic. You can feign ignorance and try to play gotcha but it doesn't butter parsnips. Whatever you're M.O. is on this thread, it's rather silly.

It's funny the FG TD's were well able to post videos of the berlin bar and threaten it with closure but not one of them is mentioning meat plants of posting videos of the plants or the busses or workers packed into plan ran coaches. The difference in attitude is telling.

The dangers of the environment of meat plants have been well known and well reported on from the early stages of the pandemic. You can feign ignorance and try to play gotcha but it doesn't butter parsnips. Whatever you're M.O. is on this thread, it's rather silly.

If you get asked a question answer it. It’s fairly basic

Do you have personal experience in meat factories? Yes or No

If you said yes I think you would bring a valuable point of view to the conversation. Do you not think an actual meat factory worker would be of interest?

Why is asking a question “snark”? What the hell is “snark”?

It's funny the FG TD's were well able to post videos of the berlin bar and threaten it with closure but not one of them is mentioning meat plants of posting videos of the plants or the busses or workers packed into plan ran coaches. The difference in attitude is telling.

Why is that funny?

Do you think the bar should not get a warning?

If you get asked a question answer it. It’s fairly basic

Do you have personal experience in meat factories? Yes or No

If you said yes I think you would bring a valuable point of view to the conversation. Do you not think an actual meat factory worker would be of interest?

What are your credentials to speak on meat plants seeing as that's the bar you're setting? I'd love to see you set them out seeing as that's what you're demanding of others.

You've my initial post buttressed by a thoroughly researched article laced with quotes from experts reflecting what I posted.

Go on... You go first...

I'll put the kettle on and will be back to the thread when you produce them

Edit: you know full well what snark is. And if you don't, I shouldn't have to give you a tutorial on how to use a search engine. You've adopted a pugnacious and dismissive attitude for yourself here, so get used to the leather flying.

Why is that funny?

How many cases related to that bar? There's been hundreds linked to individual meat plants yet no mention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Why is that funny?

I wouldn't say its funny, I'd say its a disgrace.

What are your credentials to speak on meat plants seeing as that's the bar you're setting? I'd love to see you set them out seeing as that's what you're demanding of others.

You've my initial post buttressed by a thoroughly researched article laced with quotes from experts reflecting what I posted.

Go on... You go first...

I'll put the kettle on and will be back to the thread when you produce them

Edit: you know full well what snark is. And if you don't, I shouldn't have to give you a tutorial on how to use a search engine. You've adopted a pugnacious and dismissive attitude for yourself here, so get used to the leather flying.

I suggest you read my post before ranting

What is snark? You mentioned it not me

How many cases related to that bar? There's been hundreds linked to individual meat plants yet no mention.

So why is that funny?

Funny is not a word I would use

• Advertisement

You're no stranger to it yourself. Dude.

I don't feel one bit sorry for yourself or the likes of Redgirl getting it back. You lot are always the cleverest boys and girls in the room, and you don't like it dished back to you when you instigate it.

So you get asked a basic question which you are incapable of answering then you try to insult the intelligence of other posters?

Think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror

Not sure what you’re dishing back either?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement