Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So you get asked a basic question which you are incapable of answering then you try to insult the intelligence of other posters?

Think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror

Are you feeling sorry for yourself here?

You weren't interested in any answer to any question, and you know it. If you genuinely want answers, ask it without the dripping snark when you pose it and you might get one. Otherwise, read the link and do what you want with the information.

You're not playing this off like you weren't trying to thumb your nose ("do you know or do you think you know?") and play silly buggers with the topic. We've all seen posters of your ilk so mirrors aren't necessary.

This isn't going to plan for you Redgirl is it? Maybe JohnnyFlash or one of his multi accounts will be along to dig you out if you're lucky.

Still waiting on your credentials to speak on the topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Yurt! wrote: »
    Are you feeling sorry for yourself here?

You weren't interested in any answer to any question, and you know it. If you genuinely want answers, ask it without the dripping snark when you pose it and you might get one. Otherwise, read the link and do what you want with the information.

You're not playing this off like you weren't trying to thumb your nose ("do you know or do you think you know?") and play silly buggers with the topic. We've all seen posters of your ilk so mirrors aren't necessary.

This isn't going to plan for you Redgirl is it? Maybe JohnnyFlash or one of his multi accounts will be along to dig you out if you're lucky.
    Still waiting on your credentials to speak on the topic...

I refer to post #8539 and post #8541

What plan do you actually think I have? do you think this is some sort of strategic government forum?

I am stil waiting for your explanation of "snark"? you seem to like the word.

Give it over Sheffy, the game is up...

Who would have thought a poster with so many miles on the clock wouldn't be able to operate a search engine to look up the meaning of the word 'snark'?

Give it over Sheffy, the game is up...

Who would have thought a poster with so many miles on the clock wouldn't be able to operate a search engine to look up the meaning of the word 'snark'?

What is Sheffy?

I have asked for you to explain the word. You seem to like to use it, so what if your description?

• Advertisement

What is Sheffy?

I have asked for you to explain the word. You seem to like to use it, so what if your description?

Use a search engine Sheffy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Redgirl82 and Yurt! stop bickering and let's get the thread back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 69,186 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

An amazing loss of the young vote by the government parties when you think about it. You would think the Greens would be making some inroads with that demographic.

https://twitter.com/QuinlivanTD/status/1307728388350791681/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

An amazing loss of the young vote by the government parties when you think about it. You would think the Greens would be making some inroads with that demographic.

https://twitter.com/QuinlivanTD/status/1307728388350791681/photo/1

How, Eamonn Ryan is like the annoying uncle you avoid at weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 69,186 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How, Eamonn Ryan is like the annoying uncle you avoid at weddings

Has to be worrying for the rest of the membership if Eamonn is returning those figures from that demographic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    The current Garda commissioner. As tension ratchets up with the UK there's no way this man can be trusted.

Xenophobic racist nonsense from you.

What next? Irish jobs for Irish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »

Stop trying to get discussion shut down please Mark, this is another shining example of folk whinging about a topic they find uncomfortable.

There's nothing "xenophobic" nor "racist" about mentioning the current Garda Commissioner actively took part in closing down an investigation into the killings of 120+ fellow Irish men and women, in defiance of uk courts when he was employed as one of the top brass within the PSNI. I witnessed a poster posting in defence about FG just yesterday over in the Leo/smoothie thread post "how are FG right wing, sure Leo is a brown gay man - the son of an immigrant" if someone posted that here - it'd be used against them as somehow being "racist and homophobic" there's a trend.

You don't seem to have posted within the thread about same, it's entitled "Unquiet Graves" despite you showing a bit of an interest in here about it.

Away off to that thread and mention xenophobia, so as I can witness you get torn a new one.

For by all that didn't Leo himself say that the Belfast branch of FG were "an overseas fg branch"? Were you outraged on behalf of your fellow men and women?

markodaly wrote: »

Check out post #8502 and then #8405

If you don't get a reaction the first time just keep on posting the same thing :p

Check out post #8502 and then #8405

If you don't get a reaction the first time just keep on posting the same thing :p

You would miss shefwedfan all the same red, wouldn't you?

McMurphy wrote: »

Thanks be to God since he got banned, someone with the exact same posting style, posting across all the same forums he posted in, using verbatim language has appeared to take his place.

Remarkable, and something to be thankful for.

So you are accusing me now of been someone else?

Did shefwed post the same thing multiple times to try and get a reaction like that poster is doing? is that the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A small item that would make the situation around covid alot safer I feel would be the sick pay leave. Hopefully the government parties can introduce mandatory sick pay soon and help keep those in lower paying jobs safer.

https://twitter.com/irishcongress/status/1307933433998569472?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

smurgen wrote:
    A small item that would make the situation around covid alot safer I feel would be the sick pay leave. Hopefully the government parties can introduce mandatory sick pay soon and help keep those in lower paying jobs safer.

Keep covid payments in place also, at the 350 rate, for all, consider rolling out some sort of payment system for all citizens as well, keep the economy ticking over as best as possible, might save a few jobs and businesses

So you are accusing me now of been someone else?

Did shefwed post the same thing multiple times to try and get a reaction like that poster is doing? is that the connection?

No I'm not, I'm saying you would miss shefwedfan all the same, specifically you as the two of you electric/hybrid car owners, who post similarly in the exact same forums - hence why I said you presumably miss him/her, seeing as you've seemingly so much in common.

Don't get so defensive.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Keep covid payments in place also, at the 350 rate, for all, consider rolling out some sort of payment system for all citizens as well, keep the economy ticking over as best as possible, might save a few jobs and businesses

I was listening to rte 1 this morning on the pubs reopening. In fairness the publicans on said they were happy for the PUP while they couldn't operate and are now happy to be working again while they can stay open. Sounds like that system is working.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote:
    I was listening to rte 1 this morning on the pubs reopening. In fairness the publicans on said they were happy for the PUP while they couldn't operate and are now happy to be working again while they can stay open. Sounds like that system is working.

Disagree there, can understand the publicans concerns about not opening, dreadful time for the industry, and for most other industries, we re playing with fire here, think it's best to keep them closed, and covid payments in place, just till we get over this second wave, it's too risky heading into the winter, our health system probably doesn't have the capability to deal with stronger waves that will be created by reopening

No I'm not, I'm saying you would miss shefwedfan all the same, specifically you as the two of you electric/hybrid car owners, who post similarly in the exact same forums - hence why I said you presumably miss him/her, seeing as you've seemingly so much in common.

Don't get so defensive.

So you have gone checking all my posts across boards? :confused: seriously who does that?

Is that what you do in spare time? creepy

Why would you also check into this shefwedfan posts to know about his/her posts? so this is a regular thing for you?
    Who wouldn't get defensive when you are stalking them around boards!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I did not know shefwed was banned. I thought he was just taking a break. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So you have gone checking all my posts across boards? :confused: seriously who does that?

Why would you also check into this shefwedfan posts to know about his/her posts? so this is a regular thing for you?

:eek: you have a stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

smurgen wrote: »

https://twitter.com/irishcongress/status/1307933433998569472?s=19

Why do we need sick pay?

There is already an illness benefit payment.

Do you want sick pay and illness benefits?

Oh, and the information that you linked to is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Very common occurrence with some of the “lesser types” on this site, R. They’ll follow you around, from thread to thread, like a beggar looking for loose change.

Another cheap “tactic” is repeatedly accusing you of being 14 other users. I’m afraid there’s not much can be done about it so it’s best just to ignore their angry “attacks” and stay the course.

Best of luck with your future endeavours.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

atticu wrote: »
    Why do we need sick pay?

no harm in pushing up thing such as illness benefit to meet the covid 350

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Why do we need sick pay?

The important distinction between sick pay and sick benefit is twofold
    First: It is needed to note that sick pay is paid by the employer, sick benefit is paid for with taxpayer money
    Second: Sick pay is generally paid at full salary, sick benefit is generally paid at JSA rates

Very common occurrence with some of the “lesser types” on this site, R. They’ll follow you around, from thread to thread, like a beggar looking for loose change.

Another cheap “tactic” is repeatedly accusing you of being 14 other users. I’m afraid there’s not much can be done about it so it’s best just to ignore their angry “attacks” and stay the course.

Best of luck with your future endeavours.

First time I seen this sort of crazy sh*t. Very strange to announce on the forum that you are stalking not one but multiple posters :confused: I have no idea why anyone would do that? what exactly is the goal?

• Advertisement

Why do we need sick pay?

Sick pay. As some of the workers are not paying PRSI I would see illness benefit payment as not being possible. Open to correction however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement