Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Sick pay. As some of the workers are not paying PRSI I would see illness benefit payment as not being possible. Open to correction however.

Why aren't the workers paying PRSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »

You don't seem to have posted within the thread about same, it's entitled "Unquiet Graves" despite you showing a bit of an interest in here about it.

That thread is a remarkable example of the hierarchy of victims in the mind of Fine Gael partitionists. If it were about Jean McConville they would be all over it like flies on a piece of sh1t. But when it is about 120+ Irish men and women murdered just for being Catholic and a further 33 killed by bombs in Dublin and Monaghan it is complete radio silence. The same people who call for justice for the McConville family completely ignore that our Garda Commissioner knows who murdered 33 Irish citizens in our capital city.

If ever proof is needed that FG partitionists on here use victims of the Troubles to score political points on Sinn Fein well thats it right there. They couldnt care less about the McConville family either but pretend to because it is convenient for SF bashing, its that simple.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why aren't the workers paying PRSI?

Last week you were calling it a conspiracy theory, are you not accepting the sources you were provided with then? Under FFG these meat plant workers are not paying Irish income taxes, nor employee PRSI and neither are the meat barons paying employers PRSI.

Its funny FGers would be the first to shout up about taxing the lowest paid workers more. But when shown evidence of the lowest paid workers paying all their taxes in Poland because of a scam the meat barons are pulling suddenly these 'captains of industry' don't get any criticism at all. Taxes for the little people, tax breaks for the billionaires is the way it works

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Last week you were calling it a conspiracy theory, are you not accepting the sources you were provided with then? Under FFG these meat plant workers are not paying Irish income taxes, nor employee PRSI and neither are the meat barons paying employers PRSI.

Its funny FGers would be the first to shout up about taxing the lowest paid workers more. But when shown evidence of the lowest paid workers paying all their taxes in Poland because of a scam the meat barons are pulling suddenly these 'captains of industry' don't get any criticism at all. Taxes for the little people, tax breaks for the billionaires is the way it works

What? ALL of the meat factory workers?

I never said all maryanne but you knew that. But while you are here are you okay with even just one meat plant not paying taxes on Irish soil? Are you okay with people working here and paying their taxes in Poland while relying on the Irish health service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

That's not what the poster said and you know it.

Very common occurrence with some of the “lesser types” on this site, R. They’ll follow you around, from thread to thread, like a beggar looking for loose change.

Another cheap “tactic” is repeatedly accusing you of being 14 other users. I’m afraid there’s not much can be done about it so it’s best just to ignore their angry “attacks” and stay the course.

Best of luck with your future endeavours.

If that poster isn't Shef, I'm the 41A bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

All the non-Irish ones at any rate, according to my sister in Social Protection who has to liaise with her European counterparts - basically, the factory owners hire a batch of European workers, who sign a contract to be paid the Polish/Czech etc rate of payment, and when/if dismissed or laid off temporarily, they have to claim from their country of origin, reducing the expense for the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

All the non-Irish ones at any rate, according to my sister in Social Protection who has to liaise with her European counterparts - basically, the factory owners hire a batch of European workers, who sign a contract to be paid the Polish/Czech etc rate of payment, and when/if dismissed or laid off temporarily, they have to claim from their country of origin, reducing the expense for the owner.

Why would they have to claim in their own country? One of the big issue did have at one stage was workers from Europe, coming over, then getting put onto the social but travelling home. This was known issue and the government tried to stop this.

Now you are saying that workers in Ireland are going back to Europe to claim workers benefits? Also according to previous on this thread these people have nothing to live for at home and are taken advantage of in Ireland, Brazil etc been mentioned. Now we are saying they are Polish/Czech?

Stuff and nonsense. The Oireachtas committee found that very few were being abused in this way. The same goes for the claim of “hot bedding” again very few being subjected to this abusive practice.

• Advertisement

I never said all maryanne but you knew that. But while you are here are you okay with even just one meat plant not paying taxes on Irish soil? Are you okay with people working here and paying their taxes in Poland while relying on the Irish health service?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40031960.html

It has been alleged by some trade unions that this is the case. I am sure that the Revenue are looking into it.

It is unacceptable and I hope the companies get done for back taxes, but there is no evidence it is as widespread as you claim.

And where did anyone say they were ok with it, you are creating a strawman to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yurt! wrote: »
    If that poster isn't Shef, I'm the 41A bus.

Bad mouth Bertie and see if he takes the bait

Stuff and nonsense. The Oireachtas committee found that very few were being abused in this way. The same goes for the claim of “hot bedding” again very few being subjected to this abusive practice.

I think the sister in Social Protection should be fired

What deputy / deputies or committee report found this? What percentage of workers did they find were being treated this way and who landed on the phrase "very few"?

This should be easy for you to dig up given that the transcripts and committee findings are all on the Oireachtas website.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40031960.html

It has been alleged by some trade unions that this is the case. I am sure that the Revenue are looking into it.

It is unacceptable and I hope the companies get done for back taxes, but there is no evidence it is as widespread as you claim.

And where did anyone say they were ok with it, you are creating a strawman to attack.

How widespread did he claim it was?

How widespread did he claim it was?

If he deems that issue to be causing the clusters in meat factories, then the extent of it must be much greater than the extent of the positive cases in meat factories.

I mean, if it was just one or two workers in a single meat factory, then it isn't relevant to the discussion.

If he deems that issue to be causing the clusters in meat factories, then the extent of it must be much greater than the extent of the positive cases in meat factories.

I mean, if it was just one or two workers in a single meat factory, then it isn't relevant to the discussion.

Where are the goalposts gone? They're only at the other end of Jones' Road bejaysus.

Bad mouth Bertie and see if he takes the bait

Why would I care about Bertie? who I guess you mean Bertie Ahearn?

Where are the goalposts gone? They're only at the other end of Jones' Road bejaysus.

Is it an issue or is it not?

Is it an issue or is it not?

My stance on this practice by the meat industry is clear as day if you've read my contributions on the thread.

• Advertisement

wow blanch, back to your usual attempts to put words into other posters mouths, it hasnt worked for you in the past and it wont work now
    1. I didnt claim meat barons paying their employer PRSI through Poland is "widespread"
    2. I made no mention of clusters, Covid or otherwise. My point was solely about the practice of meat barons paying their staff through Poland and thus avoiding Irish employment taxes, something last week you didnt even know was happening and labelled a "conspiracy theory" before you were shown to be wrong.

Do kindly refrain from attempting to make up stuff I never even posted in the first place. It seems to have become a very regular practice on your behalf when you dont have an argument you instead try to make up an argument that another poster never even made. Its pretty transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Why would I care about Bertie? who I guess you mean Bertie Ahearn?

Do you still have the yellow suit in the display cabinet?

wow blanch, back to your usual attempts to put words into other posters mouths, it hasnt worked for you in the past and it wont work now
    1. I didnt claim meat barons paying their employer PRSI through Poland is "widespread"
    2. I made no mention of clusters, Covid or otherwise. My point was solely about the practice of meat barons paying their staff through Poland and thus avoiding Irish employment taxes, something last week you didnt even know was happening and labelled a "conspiracy theory" before you were shown to be wrong.

Do kindly refrain from attempting to make up stuff I never even posted in the first place. It seems to have become a very regular practice on your behalf when you dont have an argument you instead try to make up an argument that another poster never even made. Its pretty transparent.

It remains as nothing more than a claim by a trade union. So maybe one step above a conspiracy theory.

Do you still have the yellow suit in the display cabinet?

Sorry I am lost now, what is a yellow suit about? is this a inside joke?

Not sure what Bertie has to do with the thread, it is only 12 years since he left

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Uhmmmm ..... lot of anger here today...best stay clear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

FF are chancers, we know this. I find FG to be particularly nasty. This government is a complete **** show. We've been shown that FG can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of the brethren. Attack the meat plant workers not sanction the owners is typical. The snakey undermining of their partners FF. Its all a game called 'looking after our own'. Not a normal party. Its a shame some decent folk support them and there's only FF to go to if you are so inclined. Anything goes with FG at this stage. Not moral or ethical center when it comes to using people for deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    FF are chancers, we know this. I find FG to be particularly nasty. This government is a complete **** show. We've been shown that FG can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of the brethren. Attack the meat plant workers not sanction the owners is typical. The snakey undermining of their partners FF. Its all a game called 'looking after our own'. Not a normal party. Its a shame some decent folk support them and there's only FF to go to if you are so inclined. Anything goes with FG at this stage. Not moral or ethical center when it comes to using people for deflection.

Can’t understand the fear of “deflection” around here.

Very strange indeed how folk are so afraid of slates being lifted and a light being shone into murky places.

Maybe the bogs along the ‘bawder’ should be drained and we’ll see what they reveal.

Mmmmm......let’s see the moral and ethical content there

• Registered Users Posts: 69,186 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Uhmmmm ..... lot of anger here today...best stay clear....

Few seconds later, Brendi can't help himself to try and deflect to non topic matter.
    Can’t understand the fear of “deflection” around here.

Very strange indeed how folk are so afraid of slates being lifted and a light being shone into murky places.

Maybe the bogs along the ‘bawder’ should be drained and we’ll see what they reveal.

Mmmmm......let’s see the moral and ethical content there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »

There's nothing "xenophobic" nor "racist" about mentioning the current Garda Commissioner

Dont take me for an idiot.

The SF types always hated Harris, because he knows the truth about SF and their twins the PIRA.

Harris is hated for not what he did, but who he is, a prod from the North.

Therefore, calling for him to be fired, because he cant be trusted is xenophobic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    Dont take me for an idiot.

The SF types always hated Harris, because he knows the truth about SF and their twins the PIRA.

Harris is hated for not what he did, but who he is, a prod from the North.

Therefore, calling for him to be fired, because he cant be trusted is xenophobic.

He has seriously shady behavior. Shutting down enquiries into mass murder when he didn't have the proper authority to do it. His crash into Garda bollards was bizarre also as was the refusal to comment on it. Then you've the interference in our elections. I said it before and I'll say it again. No other country in the world would have picked him for the job. In most other countries dual citizenship alone would rule you out for the role.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement