Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

blanch152 wrote: »
    It remains as nothing more than a claim by a trade union. So maybe one step above a conspiracy theory.

So proven wrong last week about your claim it is a conspiracy theory you are now settling on "one step above a conspiracy theory". Maybe you should tell the German government who also found the same dodgy tax practices going on in their own meat plants and immediately took steps to shut it down.
    As of January 2021, the German government will ban work contracts in the industry and, as of 1 April, temporary work will also be banned, with the exception of companies registered as “craftsmen” (‘Handwerk’ in German) with fewer than 49 employees.
    This should protect the small butchers in the country, because the problem lies with the “big meat factories,” said Heil.
    “In the future, the slaughterhouse operator is responsible for all employees,” he said, adding that working hours must be recorded electronically so that the minimum wage can no longer be evaded so easily.
    As well as the meat industry, new standards will also be rolled out for other German companies, with the introduction of new standards for employee accommodation as well as more labour law checks.
    “Nobody should have to live in mouldy or overcrowded rooms,” said Heil. “This is not only unacceptable, but also a risk factor during a pandemic. These standards will also apply outside the company premises”.
    By 2026, the inspections are to be extended to 5% of all German companies across all sectors.
    https://www.euractiv.com/section/agriculture-food/news/german-labour-minister-announces-stricter-standards-in-the-meat-industry/

Maybe blanch you should give Angela Merkel a ring there and tell her that her government are engaging in conspiracy theories? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    FF are chancers, we know this. I find FG to be particularly nasty. This government is a complete **** show. We've been shown that FG can do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of the brethren. Attack the meat plant workers not sanction the owners is typical. The snakey undermining of their partners FF. Its all a game called 'looking after our own'. Not a normal party. Its a shame some decent folk support them and there's only FF to go to if you are so inclined. Anything goes with FG at this stage. Not moral or ethical center when it comes to using people for deflection.

Not a scintilla of evidence presented for this weird opinion.

Sure, we're used to it at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Dont take me for an idiot.

The SF types always hated Harris, because he knows the truth about SF and their twins the PIRA.

Harris is hated for not what he did, but who he is, a prod from the North.

Therefore, calling for him to be fired, because he cant be trusted is xenophobic.

That whole FG tactic falls on its arse where people gave Harris a chance and are asking questions, y'know people from the vast majority who don't support SF. What happens when they start asking questions?
    I was happy when they went outside for a non crony, initially.
    Gave Simon Harris a chance too. But everyone critical is a shinner, helps FG sleep better.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So proven wrong last week about your claim it is a conspiracy theory you are now settling on "one step above a conspiracy theory". Maybe you should tell the German government who also found the same dodgy tax practices going on in their own meat plants and immediately took steps to shut it down.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/agriculture-food/news/german-labour-minister-announces-stricter-standards-in-the-meat-industry/

Maybe blanch you should give Angela Merkel a ring there and tell her that her government are engaging in conspiracy theories? :rolleyes:

So we live in Germany now.

People spread the virus, not meat factories, not sick pay schemes, not tax avoidance arrangements.

It is funny that Sinn Fein want the meat factories closed and the pubs opened.

Bowie wrote: »
    That whole FG tactic falls on its arse where people gave Harris a chance and are asking questions, y'know people from m the vast majority who don't support SF. What happens when they start asking questions?
    I was happy when they went outside for a non crony, initially.
    Gave Simon Harris a chance too. But everyone critical is a shinner, helps FG sleep better.

Who is asking questions about Drew Harris? I have only seen a few cranks on the internet ask questions. Even the SF politicians shut up about him very quickly.

Where are you going with your vast majority who don't support SF are asking questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

There could no possible link between bogusly foreign registered sole traders with no recourse to sick-pay going into a crowded environment that is an acknowledged petri dish for contracting viruses and clusters of covid19. No siree bob, not in the slightest.

Look over there! Violet Anne Wynne tweeted something!

The absolute scutter you read on here sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Dont take me for an idiot.

The SF types always hated Harris, because he knows the truth about SF and their twins the PIRA.

Harris is hated for not what he did, but who he is, a prod from the North.

Therefore, calling for him to be fired, because he cant be trusted is xenophobic.

I don't hate the man...I don't know him.

I definitely hate that he was up to his tonsils shutting down investigations in to his police forces collusion and that of the British army.

Do you want us to forget that...yes or no, or do you think questions need to be asked?

Yurt! wrote: »
    There could no possible link between bogusly foreign registered sole traders with no recourse to sick-pay going into a crowded environment that is an acknowledged petri dish for contracting viruses and clusters of covid19. No siree bob, not in the slightest.

Look over there! Violet Anne Wynne tweeted something!

The absolute scutter you read on here sometimes.

If it was such a problem, Paul Murphy and Rich Boyd Barrett et al would be all over it. Yet not a word from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

If it was such a problem, Paul Murphy and Rich Boyd Barrett et al would be all over it. Yet not a word from them.

Look over there! Paul Murphy!

*They are both on record speaking in Dáil Éireann on meat plant conditions and covid FYI

Look over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

People spread the virus, not meat factories, not sick pay schemes, not tax avoidance arrangements.

You said the meat plants dodging taxes through the use of subcontractors it was a conspiracy theory and were proven wrong. Now when shown it was widespread in Germany too suddenly its off on a rant about spreading the virus, I didnt even mention the virus, only the tax dogging that FFG are complicit in by not shutting it down like the Germans are doing.

But dont take my word for it, here is the Financial Times reporting on it
    While Germany has a generous welfare system, strong trade unions and a general lack of labour strife, its meat industry is the glaring exception. German slaughterhouses exploit a loophole in the system: subcontractors supply the bulk of workforces — mostly eastern Europeans. Activists long struggled to focus public attention on an industry that delivers low prices at the cost of miserable conditions for tens of thousands of foreign workers. It took the pandemic to force a national reckoning

Hubertus Heil, Germany’s minister of labour, has vowed to place a law to end subcontracting in front of parliament, with a new system in place by 2021. Some foreign-owned plants already said they were behind the move. “We fully back plans to end this subcontracting system,” says Jens Hansen, a spokesman for Danish Crown, which moved some production to Germany to save up to 50 per cent on processes such as pig deboning. “It has been a challenge to the meat industry all over Europe, to have such low-cost workers for meat in Germany.”
    https://www.ft.com/content/5284d0d3-8c27-4e63-8790-7df0f8760581

So whats your claim now blanch, that its a conspiracy theory in Ireland but somehow not one in Germany? And why have FFG not acted to end this tax dodge for meat barons like the Germans are doing, is it because the meat barons have FFG in their pockets or some other reason we are unaware of?

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Look over there! Paul Murphy!

*They are both on record speaking in Dáil Éireann on meat plant conditions and covid FYI

Look over there!

Really? But not where people might actually hear them! If it really was the problem as claimed here, they’d be rallying the troops and making a nuisance of themselves.

What's even funner is chicken wings helping some pubs stay open while meat factories with covid clusters are okay too. Actually its not funny.

To be clear if a pub opened whats the fear, it might create covid clusters? Sure that's the peoples fault....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The mask slips again to reveal the racist sectarian xenophobic face of Sinn Fein.

I'm xenophobic? That's a serious accusations please retract it. You're saying all other countries allow non nationals or citizens to become head of police. Is this correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

smurgen wrote: »
    I'm xenophobic? That's a serious accusations please retract it. You're saying all other countries allow non nationals or citizens to become head of police. Is this correct?

Why does it matter where a person comes from if they can do the job?

Redgirl82 wrote: »

This sums it up better than I can put it. Now think of this in the context of someone who has worked at a high rank in a foreign intelligence force that has murdered Irish citizens.

"In the United States, dual citizenship is associated with two categories of security concerns: foreign influence and foreign preference. Contrary to common misconceptions, dual citizenship in itself is not the major problem in obtaining or retaining security clearance in the United States. As a matter of fact, if a security clearance applicant's dual citizenship is "based solely on parents' citizenship or birth in a foreign country", that can be a mitigating condition.[77] However, taking advantage of the entitlements of a non-US citizenship can cause problems. For example, possession or use of a foreign passport is a condition disqualifying one from security clearance"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship

There are multiple policies forces that won't let you even apply for entry as an office if you're not a citizen e.g Denmark let alone be the head of police.

Well then, if not, at the very least you are a partitionist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Drew as Irish as me or you?
    This sums it up better than I can put it. Now think of this in the context of someone who has worked at a high rank in a foreign intelligence force that has murdered Irish citizens.

"In the United States, dual citizenship is associated with two categories of security concerns: foreign influence and foreign preference. Contrary to common misconceptions, dual citizenship in itself is not the major problem in obtaining or retaining security clearance in the United States. As a matter of fact, if a security clearance applicant's dual citizenship is "based solely on parents' citizenship or birth in a foreign country", that can be a mitigating condition.[77] However, taking advantage of the entitlements of a non-US citizenship can cause problems. For example, possession or use of a foreign passport is a condition disqualifying one from security clearance"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship

There are multiple policies forces that won't let you even apply for entry as an office if you're not a citizen e.g Denmark let alone be the head of police.

Wow, just wow. The GFA enshrines the right to dual citizenship on every person born in Northern Ireland yet you don't like it. The mask slips again.

Let's face it, because he comes from a Protestant unionist tradition, his face doesn't fit with the sectarian nationalists who inhabit these threads. Have the moral courage to be honest about it.

Let's face it, because he comes from a Protestant unionist tradition,

Would ya ever get off the pot.

That is just deceitful rubbish. There is a very good reason why questions should be asked of this man and it was all in that programme you are in denial off.

Xenophobic racist nonsense from you.

What next? Irish jobs for Irish people?

The mask slips again to reveal the racist sectarian xenophobic face of Sinn Fein.

On the party script any way lads. Do you get a list of key words to throw out? Like a word of the day thing?

Laughable from a party allows a blueshirt admirer in its ranks, a minister try put on a parade for tans and a leader who thinks the civil service is very white but tweets Trump like #WLM comments.

Well then, if not, at the very least you are a partitionist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Drew as Irish as me or you?

Wow, just wow. The GFA enshrines the right to dual citizenship on every person born in Northern Ireland yet you don't like it. The mask slips again.

Let's face it, because he comes from a Protestant unionist tradition, his face doesn't fit with the sectarian nationalists who inhabit these threads. Have the moral courage to be honest about it.

Take back the accusation of xenophobia please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Martin McGuinness shouldn’t have been allowed for President using the latest line of Shinner Spinner logic being spouted around here.

• Advertisement

In the investigation of the 120 Glennane gangs murders drew harris was not able to secure a single conviction. Does this scream competency to you?
    He then shut down the inquiry into the collision. With no explanation. This is beyond suspicious.why would you think he will tackle loyalist terrorists if something happens as a result of brexit. He has a blind spot during his career that is the elephant in the room.

In the investigation of the 120 Glennane gangs murders drew harris was not able to secure a single conviction. Does this scream competency to you?
    He then shut down the inquiry into the collision. With no explanation. This is beyond suspicious.why would you think he will tackle loyalist terrorists if something happens as a result of brexit. He has a blind spot during his career that is the elephant in the room.

The shutting down of the inquiry was actually 'unlawful' something that didnt tarnish his CV when he came looking for a job here.

If you or I did something unlawful would we get the most senior job in an organisation?

The shutting down of the inquiry was actually 'unlawful' something that didnt tarnish his CV when he came looking for a job here.

If you or I did something unlawful would we get the most senior job in an organisation?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even his failures should have rule him out let alone all the other baggage surrounding him.the only think that got him that role was his hatred of Sinn Fein. And didn't he show his worth making interference in the election. Making claims he has yet to provide evidence to back up. A banana republic.

None of which you can prove. But you have got the reaction you wanted after posting this twice, what happened if nobody quoted it? would you post it again?

None of which you can prove. But you have got the reaction you wanted after posting this twice, what happened if nobody quoted it? would you post it again?

You've posted this three times now. Boring poster is boring.

You've posted this three times now. Boring poster is boring.

Maybe answer the question, how many times would you have posted the same thing till you got a response?

Ah it looks like Fine Gael are pushing for prosecutions for the Oliver Bond flats rave. Admirable. However I noted that they had no such call to arms for the golf pissup? Kearney sounds livid!!!

https://www.finegael.ie/rave-organisers-must-be-prosecuted-seery-kearney/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I know I shouldn't be shocked but the level of turning a blind eye to the Drew Harris appointment is astonishing. It has nothing to do with jobs for the Irish or its because he is a protestant and the folks making those statements know this but cannot nor will not accept that Harris is was not the correct appointment.

He shouldn't have been appointed because of his history with RUC, the shutting down of investigations and also is supposed link's to MI5. Anyone one of those should have ruled out any candidate for the job, his ties are too close. Also the fact that the Garda are responsibility for the security of the state should have ruled him out as well. Any candidate from any other country we are friendly with that didn't have his connections to the troubles or MI5 would have been suitable.

Ah it looks like Fine Gael are pushing for prosecutions for the Oliver Bond flats rave. Admirable. However I noted that they had no such call to arms for the golf pissup? Kearney sounds livid!!!

https://www.finegael.ie/rave-organisers-must-be-prosecuted-seery-kearney/

I think the Golf event was a disgrace

But seriously, this was an illegal event held in a built up area. With no security, have you seen the videos of the mess afterwards? what about people with young kids trying to get them to sleep? people working the next morning? all sort could of happened.

I would say I was surprised anyone would compare the event but then I looked at which thread I was on.

• Advertisement

I think the Golf event was a disgrace

But seriously, this was an illegal event held in a built up area. With no security, have you seen the videos of the mess afterwards? what about people with young kids trying to get them to sleep? people working the next morning? all sort could of happened.

I would say I was surprised anyone would compare the event but then I looked at which thread I was on.

The Golf event was against regulations and no security. We didn't see a single picture of it or video funnily enough. We don't as yet even know who was at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement