Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I think the Golf event was a disgrace

But seriously, this was an illegal event held in a built up area. With no security, have you seen the videos of the mess afterwards? what about people with young kids trying to get them to sleep? people working the next morning? all sort could of happened.

I would say I was surprised anyone would compare the event but then I looked at which thread I was on.

Oh I'm in agreement with you two illegal events. Both which should see convictions and fines. I just think it's curious FG and it's T.D's are so proactive about condemning one and calling for Garda prosecutions in one of the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I would say I was surprised anyone would compare the event but then I looked at which thread I was on.

I would have said the same about those that can't see the reasons why people have an issue with Drew Harris as Garda Commissioner but there ya go.

Floppybits wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't be shocked but the level of turning a blind eye to the Drew Harris appointment is astonishing. It has nothing to do with jobs for the Irish or its because he is a protestant and the folks making those statements know this but cannot nor will not accept that Harris is was not the correct appointment.

He shouldn't have been appointed because of his history with RUC, the shutting down of investigations and also is supposed link's to MI5. Anyone one of those should have ruled out any candidate for the job, his ties are too close. Also the fact that the Garda are responsibility for the security of the state should have ruled him out as well. Any candidate from any other country we are friendly with that didn't have his connections to the troubles or MI5 would have been suitable.

It makes you wonder what the die hard anyone but Sinn Fein crowd would turn a blind eye too if Brexit turned nasty. Him traveling in the psni car without informing Gardai took the biscuit. Can you imagine what he might get up to in the event of a nasty brexit? Would he continue to use psni cars?

https://www.irishlegal.com/article/drew-harris-challenged-to-clarify-details-of-car-crash-at-garda-hq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

The Golf event was against regulations and no security. We didn't see a single picture of it or video funnily enough. We don't as yet even know who was at it.

It was a dinner in a hotel.

Why would you see a picture or video of it? do you like watching people eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

The Golf event was against regulations and no security. We didn't see a single picture of it or video funnily enough. We don't as yet even know who was at it.

Most people don't snapchat every moment of their waking life. Seems reasonable.

Then again, some people take selfies at funerals.

Each to their own.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Oh I'm in agreement with you two illegal events. Both which should see convictions and fines. I just think it's curious FG and it's T.D's are so proactive about condemning one and calling for Garda prosecutions in one of the events.

Maybe you are, maybe a few others are. The rest of the World, well not so much.

I really do need to get one of the government parties to say the World is round to see you lads argue that it is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It makes you wonder what the die hard anyone but Sinn Fein crowd would turn a blind eye too if Brexit turned nasty. Him traveling in the psni car without informing Gardai took the biscuit. Can you imagine what he might get up to in the event of a nasty brexit? Would he continue to use psni cars?

https://www.irishlegal.com/article/drew-harris-challenged-to-clarify-details-of-car-crash-at-garda-hq

Surely anyone who is a citizen of this state should be questioning the appointment of Harris to Garda commissioner. It doesn't matter what party a person may or may not support that appointment should not have been made.

Surely anyone who is a citizen of this state should be questioning the appointment of Harris to Garda commissioner. It doesn't matter what party a person may or may not support that appointment should not have been made.

What's so so curious about Harris is that he was more than willing to investigate, give evidence and even more testimony when it suited him. Like when he accused Gardai of colluding with the IRA.

"The Garda Síochána Retired Members Association, which represents almost 6,000 retired gardaí and widows, said former gardaí particularly in Dundalk had "very real concerns" about his evidence.

The association says because of Mr Harris' "key role with MI5 and Special Branch Intelligence, he must hold sensitive information of interest to the Irish State."

It has questioned whether he will share this information in his role as Garda Commissioner.

The Association also claims that Mr Harris "has been swamped in controversy before he even gets off the blocks."

https://www.rte.ie/amp/990804/

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Most people don't snapchat every moment of their waking life. Seems reasonable.

Then again, some people take selfies at funerals.

Each to their own.

81 people and nobody took a picture? Yeh right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

81 people and nobody took a picture? Yeh right.

It will eventually come out who was at this event

• Advertisement

It's funny. The same posters that are dismissing the criticism of Drew Harris as xenophobia are the same posters that we're telling us the sky was gonna fall if Phil Hogan lost the EU trade commission that a non Irish trade Commission couldn't possibly represent Ireland's interests. I must say the FFG double think is a sight to behold! Big Brother would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It's funny. The same posters that are dismissing the criticism of Drew Harris as xenophobia are the same posters that we're telling us the sky was gonna fall if Phil Hogan lost the EU trade commission that a non Irish trade Commission couldn't possibly represent Ireland's interests. I must say the FFG double think is a sight to behold! Big Brother would be proud.

Didn't we have a poster imply that others were being xenophobic and racist because they were pointing as to how Harris' is completely the wrong person for the role in one breath.

And then remind us all that Harris (born and bred on this island) is as Irish as the rest of us in the next breath.

Confused or goading? You decide.

Personally I couldn't give a dam if Drew Harris is yellow headed spaghetti monster from the planet Zogg - his race, creed/religion or nationality has the square root of absolutely shag all to do with his unsuitability for the job.

I think the Golf event was a disgrace

But seriously, this was an illegal event held in a built up area. With no security, have you seen the videos of the mess afterwards? what about people with young kids trying to get them to sleep? people working the next morning? all sort could of happened.

Redgirl I'm sorry. Didn't you take issue with laws and rules the last day saying people should exercise personal responsibility? Surely given the strong stance you took on non government intervention you'd be calling out the FG senator looking for Garda prosecutions?

Redgirl I'm sorry. Didn't you take issue with laws and rules the last day saying people should exercise personal responsibility? Surely given the strong stance you took on non government intervention you'd be calling out the FG senator looking for Garda prosecutions?

What are you talking about?

I think you are still struggling to understand personal responsibility, fairly pointless going down that rabbit hole again

If you move in the right circles, fairly standard not to take a photo every 5 seconds at an event.

Some of the greatest self publicists in the country? Nah, not buying it. I reckon there was a camera ban because they knew what they were doing.
    Just an opinion.

What are you talking about?

I think you are still struggling to understand personal responsibility, fairly pointless going down that rabbit hole again

Go on give us that lecture you were promising for the laugh.

Go on give us that lecture you were promising for the laugh.

Maybe, you could comment on the topic instead of a constant barage about of posts about me? Just an idea.

Even go back to repeats the same ad nauseam in the desperate hope someone will comment is better than this current line of dribble.......

Some of the greatest self publicists in the country? Nah, not buying it. I reckon there was a camera ban because they knew what they were doing.
    Just an opinion.

An opinion based on what? do you normally travel in these circles? have experience of what happens at these events?

I am in agreement, I think we should all make sure he is fired from his job, can you share with me the details you have on him and I will share with everyone I know. Send me the links/sources all the information to show what this man is truely like. Lets get him fired.

An opinion based on what? do you normally travel in these circles? have experience of what happens at these events?

Yes, I have. At dinners or events hosted by celebs/high achievers in their fields at the top table. Phil Hogan being that person at this dinner.
    EVERYONE wants a pic with the celeb or high achiever or cannot wait to tell the world where they are. Staff would be even snapping away in a general interest way. But not at this event seemingly. Extremely odd how they managed to keep it pic free and also enforce an omerta on who was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Prime Time doing a good program on whistblowing and the state. HSE not looking too good.

Yes, I have. At dinners or events hosted by celebs/high achievers in their fields at the top table. Phil Hogan being that person at this dinner.
    EVERYONE wants a pic with the celeb or high achiever or cannot wait to tell the world where they are. Staff would be even snapping away in a general interest way. But not at this event seemingly. Extremely odd how they managed to keep it pic free and also enforce an omerta on who was there.

Thats a load of regular people with one semi famous person. Not a similar event at all. The few people I seen where all of the same or similar social status.

Why would any of the people at the event want to take a photo to show they met someone they regular meet? And travel in the same circle?

No idea why you need to use caps!

Prime Time doing a good program on whistblowing and the state. HSE not looking too good.

When has the HSE ever looked good?

Thats a load of regular people with one semi famous person. Not a similar event at all. The few people I seen where all of the same or similar social status.

Why would any of the people at the event want to take a photo to show they met someone they regular meet? And travel in the same circle?

No idea why you need to use caps!

Some were politicians, not all of them were. And hi, they are regular people, no better or no worse than you and me.

Families meet up for weddings/events all the time and snap away evne though they are in company with one another all the time...football dinners, etc. Go to these politicians twitters and they are always posting stuff that makes them look good, more so than most people, I would say, because of the nature of the job.
    Why are you so defensive all the time...it is just an opinion and you aren't a FG/FF lackey but you are on the defensive ALL the time.

Caps are for emphasis...a long time standard thing to do on boards. I remember another poster getting in a strop about me using caps too. (Shefwedfan it was)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

When has the HSE ever looked good?

John Egan sent off tonight leading to a 1-0 loss.

Seems like Leo it ignored a fair few letters from whistleblowers.

Some were politicians, not all of them were. And hi, they are regular people, no better or no worse than you and me.

Families meet up for weddings/events all the time and snap away evne though they are in company with one another all the time...football dinners, etc. Go to these politicians twitters and they are always posting stuff that makes them look good, more so than most people, I would say, because of the nature of the job.
    Why are you so defensive all the time...it is just an opinion and you aren't a FG/FF lackey but you are on the defensive ALL the time.

Caps are for emphasis...a long time standard thing to do on boards. I remember another poster getting in a strop about me using caps too. (Shefwedfan it was)

You all seemed very interested in this shefwedfan character? Did you go around stalking him/her on boards as well?

I wasn’t in a strop, I was asking why you felt the need, it’s something I seen kids do and was wondering.

Someone asks a question and you all fly off the handle, why is that? I see a good few of you spend the entire time telling each other how great they are, looks like you can’t handle it when someone doesn’t agree with everything?

Personally the circles I travel in we don’t do photo/social media. Wedding, like mine, we had camera left for everyone which they could take photos all day long and then left as they went home. No photos to social media....

Give a example, group have a party in flats in town and photo/video all around the world. Group of people have golf event and not one picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NITARILHAM13

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No such thing as a "left alliance", that was clear after PBP had to come out after the FF/FG/Green start negotiations to say SF had not come near them. Bit of a nail in that coffin every getting anywhere.

Some people might not like it, lets see how it works. FF in reality have to push and make this a success or they will struggle in next election.

A lot of finger pointing at the Greens which seems unfair seeing as any party which went into government had to push the green agenda forward.

Still to be passed by membership but at this stage it would be suicide for any party to pull out.

You all seemed very interested in this shefwedfan character? Did you go around stalking him/her on boards as well?

I wasn’t in a strop, I was asking why you felt the need, it’s something I seen kids do and was wondering.

Someone asks a question and you all fly off the handle, why is that? I see a good few of you spend the entire time telling each other how great they are, looks like you can’t handle it when someone doesn’t agree with everything?

Personally the circles I travel in we don’t do photo/social media. Wedding, like mine, we had camera left for everyone which they could take photos all day long and then left as they went home. No photos to social media....

Give a example, group have a party in flats in town and photo/video all around the world. Group of people have golf event and not one picture.

I thought it was interesting that's why.

Anyone who uses forums knows that ALL CAPS is generally taken as 'shouting' and using a single word in caps is usually meant to denote and emphasis on THAT particular word.

81 people gathered for an event and not one pic has emerged and there was an immediate omerta about who all the guests were. That is worthy of note IMO.

Don't be so defensive.

• Advertisement

I thought it was interesting that's why.

Anyone who uses forums knows that ALL CAPS is generally taken as 'shouting' and using a single word in caps is usually meant to denote and emphasis on THAT particular word.

81 people gathered for an event and not one pic has emerged and there was an immediate omerta about who all the guests were. That is worthy of note IMO.

Don't be so defensive.

So far you cannot post without saying something personal about me? I guess the plan is to get someone to respond and get banned. Not going to work.

I’m not defensive, just pointing out the utter bullsh*t been posted.

In regards to photos, as I said a certain element of society yes photos would come out, the higher end of society and I wouldn’t expect photos. The fact you cannot understand why photos didn’t get taken tells it own story

I don’t see what difference photos would make, the main people of interest got found out and lost jobs, I would say it seems odd to want to look at the rest of the people eating dinner but then we have people on this thread stalking posters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement