Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

blanch152 wrote: »
    Woohoo, Sinn Fein have topped the poll with most votes in an election, thanks to that they have achieved...... eh...... well............ something surely?............... nothing at all?............................. eh.................................. ah here, the posters say that have great achievements.................. the reality is they have sat on their arses which is all they are really good for.

The thing is that FFG are rolling out the red carpet for a SF led government at the next election. They couldn't do anymore for the opposition. The FFG coalition of chaos and a few years of deep recession will see them continue to shed votes to SF and other parties.

I am still surprised Leo/FG did not call for a 2nd election during the 5 months of dithering. SF knew too well the risk of going into government with a major recession looming and were never going to grasp the nettle. They also had a lot of new TDs which needed managing/upskilling (that clown Cullinane proved that even with his experience). The irony is that it was Maria Bailey that forced the February election. FG would not have lost 12 seats if the election was held in May as they originally wanted. Irish politics as fascinating as it is dysfunctional.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

81 people gathered for an event and not one pic has emerged and there was an immediate omerta about who all the guests were. That is worthy of note IMO.

Don't be so defensive.

There were more than 81 of the organised whiteshirts patrolling the fake funeral, and we still don't know who organised and controlled them amid all of the omerta around it.

Can the same be said for Mary Lou and Sinn Feins current achievments, Sinn Fein now is more popular than FG, a terrific general election and getting stronger in all opinion pools, and have the youth well and truely on board. fooled

We will have no more but but the IRA as lets judge on achievements rather than past records of the party?

Absolutely no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He is a Northern Ireland Protestant, that is why so many of you dislike him. We even had some poster dragging up some American guff about dual citizenship against him, forgetting the provisions of the GFA in that regard.

You keep saying that if you feel better for it chief, but as it stands there's only one cohort of posters that has been on here claiming that the best person for a job "needed to be Irish" and to date I have never seen that line used as to Drew being unsuitable for the role he was put into.

You lads never seem to have much foresight (nor hindsight either,) when spewing your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There were more than 81 of the organised whiteshirts patrolling the fake funeral, and we still don't know who organised and controlled them amid all of the omerta around it.

And...deflect.

Are SF running an omerta on that event? Have any of them refused to be accountable to the inquiry?

Not that I can see. Yet we still don't know who was at Golfgate and curiously there are no pics of the event.
    I can just imagine you hammering on your keyboard if that happened and de Shinners were involved. :)

• Advertisement

That SF are at the gates has sparked some fierce enjoyable rants around here. I'll say that.

:):):)

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

And...deflect.

Are SF running an omerta on that event? Have any of them refused to be accountable to the inquiry?

Not that I can see. Yet we still don't know who was at Golfgate and curiously there are no pics of the event.
    I can just imagine you hammering on your keyboard if that happened and de Shinners were involved. :)

Why are you so interested in a photo from the golf event?

They probably had a no camera policy, as I tried to explain loads of people do similar. It does depend on who is at the party. A group of "how r ya's" of course they would have camera. Some people are more civilized.

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Why are you so interested in a photo from the golf event?

They probably had a no camera policy, as I tried to explain loads of people do similar. It does depend on who is at the party. A group of "how r ya's" of course they would have camera. Some people are more civilized.

'Loads', really?

How is it done? I've never been to an event like that. Is it on the invitation, are you strip searched on the way in?
    Do tell. Examples would be good too.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You keep saying that if you feel better for it chief, but as it stands there's only one cohort of posters that has been on here claiming that the best person for a job "needed to be Irish" and to date I have never seen that line used as to Drew being unsuitable for the role he was put into.

You lads never seem to have much foresight (nor hindsight either,) when spewing your nonsense.

You obviously missed your friend Smurgen's rampant xenophobia to the extent that he rubbished the concept of dual citizenship enshrined by the Good Friday Agreement.
    smurgen wrote: »
    This sums it up better than I can put it. Now think of this in the context of someone who has worked at a high rank in a foreign intelligence force that has murdered Irish citizens.

"In the United States, dual citizenship is associated with two categories of security concerns: foreign influence and foreign preference. Contrary to common misconceptions, dual citizenship in itself is not the major problem in obtaining or retaining security clearance in the United States. As a matter of fact, if a security clearance applicant's dual citizenship is "based solely on parents' citizenship or birth in a foreign country", that can be a mitigating condition.[77] However, taking advantage of the entitlements of a non-US citizenship can cause problems. For example, possession or use of a foreign passport is a condition disqualifying one from security clearance"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship

There are multiple policies forces that won't let you even apply for entry as an office if you're not a citizen e.g Denmark let alone be the head of police.

You obviously missed your friend Smurgen's rampant xenophobia to the extent that he rubbished the concept of dual citizenship enshrined by the Good Friday Agreement.

Is it xenophobic of racist to express a desire to have Hogan's replacement to be "Irish"?

If not why not?

• Advertisement

Is it xenophobic of racist to express a desire to have Hogan's replacement to be "Irish"?

If not why not?

Do you accept that I was correct on the xenophobia displayed by your comrade on the Harris issue?

Because before you move the goalposts again, I need an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Drew is a shady character. I didn't realize to what extent. I see lots of bizarre stuff in hindsight. I suppose I didn't know his involvement in the gleannane gang and the HET shut down. Take this for a line he gave ;

"Commissioner Harris made his first appearance at the Joint Oireachtas (parliamentary) Committee on Justice and Equality.

Speaking about legacy, he told the chairman, Sinn Fein's Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin, that "very little is achieved through the criminal justice system".

Why would the new head of policing play down the effectiveness of the criminal justice system? What other more effective was of policing is he aware of? Though unofficial means maybe?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45966643

Then there's the car crash in the PSNI car at Garda HQ. Why were armed PSNI officers in Dublin? This is not normal.

"A retired Garda detective chief superintendent and former national head of Interpol said a security incident at police headquarters in Dublin “raises questions” around the legality of PSNI in the Republic who “have no authority to carry firearms”.

John O’Brien voiced his concern after a report that an unmarked armoured PSNI 4x4 vehicle was damaged when security personnel activated security bollards at Phoenix Park last month"

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/drew-harris-under-fire-over-armed-psni-irish-republic-987276

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

The thing is that FFG are rolling out the red carpet for a SF led government at the next election. They couldn't do anymore for the opposition. The FFG coalition of chaos and a few years of deep recession will see them continue to shed votes to SF and other parties.
    I'm not expecting FF/FG/G to actually last that long. I do note that in a recent poll of under-35s the Greens have already tanked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If SF want to forget about the PIRA then why are they shouting about "Up da Ra" and going to enmass to a funeral up the North for some scumbag who murdered people?

What about the "politcian" in SF who went around saying a young lad who was killed was a criminal to cover up for the PIRA?

If SF actually broke ties with PIRA then you could say all is forgotten, but they clearly haven't.

Do you say the same about FFs IRA Links or FG's Blueshirt links?

A yes or no answer will do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He is a Northern Ireland Protestant, that is why so many of you dislike him. We even had some poster dragging up some American guff about dual citizenship against him, forgetting the provisions of the GFA in that regard.

We dislike him over his track record. He is unsuitable for his current role because of his former role. Can I ask you a simple yes or no question. Do you think Drew Harris performed well in the persuit of justice for the victims of the Glennane gang?

'Loads', really?

How is it done? I've never been to an event like that. Is it on the invitation, are you strip searched on the way in?
    Do tell. Examples would be good too.

Get invited to one and you will be able to see it all.

Why would anyone strip search? if someone asks for no pictures then basic manners means you don’t do photos

Do you say the same about FFs IRA Links or FG's Blueshirt links?

A yes or no answer will do

No

Get invited to one and you will be able to see it all.

Why would anyone strip search? if someone asks for no pictures then basic manners means you don’t do photos

So no examples of 'loads' of these type of events. No answer to how it is communicated.

Okie doke. :)

Do you accept that I was correct on the xenophobia displayed by your comrade on the Harris issue?

Hehehe, I'm not playing your little games blanch, go find yourself some other mug to worry about entertaining yet another one of your rabbit holes.

The fact is yourself and your chum are riding roughshod over these threads casting racist and xenophobic insinuations against people, while refusing to answer if that means demand for Hogan's replacement to be Irish is, by your own definition also racist or xenophobic.

Stand over your own posts and try explaining to me why one is different to the other:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

PommieBast wrote: »
    I'm not expecting FF/FG/G to actually last that long. I do note that in a recent poll of under-35s the Greens have already tanked.

It's in the opposition's interest to let this government last at least 2 more years. To last through the worst of the recession in 2021 and 2022. They probably cant believe their luck over the last 90 days in terms of bad press. There be more and more chaos for sure and FG might seize the opportunity to bring it down but it's hard to say how much blame will be apportioned to FF over FG. The Green vote will always suffer in a recession.

• Advertisement

So no examples of 'loads' of these type of events. No answer to how it is communicated.

What are you talking about? I gave you examples yesterday. Maybe read what people are posting, it is not a competition to see how many times you can post per minute.

If you want to see what an event is like get an invite. Can you understand that concept?

Hehehe, I'm not playing your little games blanch, go find yourself some other mug to worry about entertaining yet another one of your rabbit holes.

The fact is yourself and your chum are riding roughshod over these threads casting racist and xenophobic insinuations against people, while refusing to answer if that means demand for Hogan's replacement to be Irish is, by your own definition also racist or xenophobic.

Stand over your own posts and try explaining to me why one is different to the other:D

And where did I say that Hogan's replacement had to be Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think you should look in the mirror, complaining about shutting down uncomfortable conversations when at the same time you are trying to shut down people who are pointing to the undertones of racism, sectarianism and xenophobia in many of the comments about Harris.

As hypocritical a post as I have seen on these boards.

If you can see racism on the thread then why arent you reporting it? Or are you just playing the race card because you dont have a coherent argument? It would seem the latter to me.

Quick question blanch- if you had knowledge of who caused the murder of 33 Irish citizens would you go to the Gardai and tell them? Thats a simple yes or no question.

What are you talking about? I gave you examples yesterday. Maybe read what people are posting, it is not a competition to see how many times you can post per minute.

If you want to see what an event is like get an invite. Can you understand that concept?

What examples?

I saw no examples of 'events' of which there are 'loads'.

Which post did you give examples...other than saying these events happen?

And where did I say that Hogan's replacement had to be Irish?

Where did I say you did:confused:

I said you and your chum that have been making xenophobic and racist accusations against folk who are expressing Harris' unsuitability for the role must( by that definition) believe people who were proclaiming that Hogan's replacement must be Irish are also xenophobic and racist, and if not asked for an explanation why not.

Fourth time asking.

Would it be xenophobic or racist to want to see Hogan's replacement to be an Irish man or woman, and if not why not blanch?

Fingers crossed you'll answer this time.

Seems you've painted yourself and marko into yet another corner.

What examples?

I saw no examples of 'events' of which there are 'loads'.

Which post did you give examples...other than saying these events happen?

So instead of reading the thread you post again. I refuse to constantly post the same answer because you are in such a rush to respond to people you don't actually read the post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The only events that I know off with these no camera or phones rules are stags or hens where the folks involved don't want anything getting out of any dodgy activity they may have been up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

There was zero xenophobia. World-class nonsense, and ye lot are embarrassing yourselves.

The Blueshirt Online Task-Force (B.O.T.)* will try to pull any stunt. You're seriously low-quality

*Pretty pleased with that one I must say.

Where did I say you did:confused:

I said you and your chum that have been making xenophobic and racist accusations against folk who are expressing Harris' unsuitability for the role must( by that definition) believe people who were proclaiming that Hogan's replacement must be Irish are also xenophobic and racist, and if not asked for an explanation why not.

Fourth time asking.

Would it be xenophobic or racist to want to see Hogan's replacement to be an Irish man or woman, and if not why not blanch?

Fingers crossed you'll answer this time.

Seems you've painted yourself and marko into yet another corner.

Who is my chum?

As for your question, which is designed for whataboutery rather than any real need for an answer.......

Constitutionally, a TD must be an Irish citizen (I would be ok with this being changed but it is the democratically expressed will of the Irish people). Gardai, Defence Forces and civil servants are not allowed become TDs. In my opinion, a Commissioner should ideally have held Ministerial rank in an Irish government (Richard Bruton would have been my choice to replace Hogan), so I would have an express preference therefore that our Commissioner be Irish because of the legalities of being a TD.

That does not translate into the kind of xenophobia being displayed on here in respect of Drew Harris as it arises from a purely technical issue. Incidentally, while a TD must be Irish, a garda Commissioner has no such constitutional restriction.

• Advertisement

So instead of reading the thread you post again. I refuse to constantly post the same answer because you are in such a rush to respond to people you don't actually read the post

I did re-read and I don't see a single 'example' of this type of event, just plenty of insistence that they do take place among a 'certain set'.

I also see no examples of how this 'no camera' request is communicated.

You are drowning here in a sea of your own making again Redgirl.

If 'loads' of these type of events happen tell us about one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement