Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hi Blanch I've asked you before and I'll ask again. Do you think Drew Harris done a good job of investigating and into the Gleananne gang? Do you think he was right to shut down the HET inquiry?

https://twitter.com/SilverbridgeGAA/status/1306335685557747718?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you understand the word 'were'?

Instead of inventing stuff why not answer the posters question?

I think you didn't even read my post.

Samantha Power, born in London, automatic UK citizen, member of National Security Council of former colony which fought a War of Independence to become free. Exactly analagous to Drew Harris.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Afternoon Blanch, I believe you have already been put back in to your box over this absolute nonsense, however.

I meant to come back to this one yesterday but got distracted in my job.

Nice try blanch - but when I was posting about "Hogan's replacement needing to be Irish" I sure as hell wasn't referring to who our govt nominated to replace Hogan..

They (the people stating that the new trade Commissioner should be Irish) were obviously referring to the role he resigned from. I.E trade Commissioner.

So with that in mind, do you think people who were suggesting the Hogan's replacement as Trade Commissioner "needing to be Irish" was xenophobic?

Well, I don't recall anyone saying that. I do recall public commentary that Ireland needed to hold on to the Trade Commissioner post, but that is not xenophobic, in that Ireland could have nominated Leo Varadkar, a man with an entitlement to Indian citizenship.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The pay of TDs will rise to close to Celtic Tiger levels next week when a wage hike pushes their earnings above €98,000 a year.

INDEPENDENT

Wow, the pay of TDs will be close to what it was in 2008!!! Gosh, they have been on the pigs back for the last 12 years then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

smurgen wrote: »
    Anyone know why the junior ministers are getting advisors? Is this usual?

It's waste and cronyism which has been the FFG policy for 30+ years now.
    Why do we need so many junior ministers? Super juniors?
    The timing of reducing PUP payments while hiring special advisors is another FFG classic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ten-new-advisers-to-junior-ministers-to-be-appointed-despite-previous-government-decision-1.4361444
    The Cabinet has agreed to appoint of 10 new advisers for junior ministers after they “made the case” for the appointments.

Previously, Ministers of State were told that they would have to share a pool of advisers, which caused consternation amongst some.
    The pay for special advisers is between €87,325 and € 101,114 for those who work with senior and “super-junior” Ministers who attend Cabinet, and between €67,659 and €78,816 for advisers to Ministers of State.

Pigs in the trough while Ireland suffers.

• Advertisement

It's waste and cronyism which has been the FFG policy for 30+ years now.
    Why do we need so many junior ministers? Super juniors?
    The timing of reducing PUP payments while hiring special advisors is another FFG classic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ten-new-advisers-to-junior-ministers-to-be-appointed-despite-previous-government-decision-1.4361444

Pigs in the trough while Ireland suffers.

It's a strange one, you wouldn't get a decent adviser for 60/70k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Were they up in McAleers bar after the big game?

Social distancing..No

Face coverings..No

Up on tables..Yes

Sectarian songs..Yes

Not a word about these cretins.

Not a lot of suffering up in McAleers Bar, cock

blanch152 wrote: »
    It's a strange one, you wouldn't get a decent adviser for 60/70k.

Their current team of advisors and PR merchants are definitely way overpaid. Calamitous communications and planning over the past 90 days.

This is from July

https://www.thejournal.ie/advisers-2-4731950-Jul2019/
    FOUR MINISTERS HAVE special advisers whose pay breaches the maximum salary for their roles, new figures have revealed.

The latest list of government special advisers published this week shows the pay rates of 58 different advisers employed to provide advice to different ministers.

A total of seven of the advisers are on pay rates above the peak of the pay scale for their roles.

Special advisers are placed on the Principal Officer scale, which begins at €79,401 and tops out at €91,624.

According to the latest special advisers list, the Taioiseach’s chief of staff Brian Murphy has the highest salary of €157,433.

58 advisers in the coalition of chaos.

https://connachttribune.ie/report-on-why-supreme-court-judge-was-at-clifden-golfgate-due-next-week/
    A report into why a Supreme Court judge was at an Oireachtas Golf Society dinner in Clifden is due to be completed next week.

Retired Chief Justice Susan Denham is carrying out the inquiry in Seamus Woulfe’s attendance at the controversial gathering which breached Covid-19 guidelines.

That will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fg-tds-discuss-ways-to-shed-partys-nasty-image-39538549.html

"FG TDs discuss ways to shed party's 'nasty' image"

https://www.thejournal.ie/councillor-tried-to-have-hap-tenant-relocated-from-property-while-acting-as-estate-agent-5211785-Sep2020/

"A FINE GAEL Councillor has been found in breach of the Local Government Act’s Code of Conduct after he requested that a HAP tenant be moved from a property he was trying to sell while acting as an estate agent. "

Best of luck with shedding the party's "nasty" image with cowboys like this in their ranks.

Richard Garland (@richardtgarland) Tweeted:
    Another video from the Dungannon Clarkes controversy, this time of celebrations in McAleers Bar. Between IRA songs and a complete disregard for Covid regulations, the GAA have a lot of work to do. https://t.co/mmWjYbuf8B

Covid loves to party....who said that?

Gobshytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Another video from the Dungannon Clarkes controversy, this time of celebrations in McAleers Bar. Between IRA songs and a complete disregard for Covid regulations, the GAA have a lot of work to do. https://t.co/mmWjYbuf8B

Its par of the course really in much of Nationalist Ulster.

I guess when they see MoN partaking in a political rally with an empty coffin, then a few fat frogs in the local bar is not too bad, during a global pandemic.

Since this is in the North, will SF, who are in government condem this, or are they too busy taking potshots at NEPHT?

What has this got to do with a FF/FG/Green Government in the 26 counties thread?

Deflecting away from the Govts failures maybe

markodaly wrote: »

I guess when they see MoN partaking in a political rally with an empty coffin, then a few fat frogs in the local bar is not too bad, during a global pandemic.

Since this is in the North, will SF, who are in government condem this, or are they too busy taking potshots at NEPHT?

This had nothing to do with Sinn Fein. It was a local GAA clubs players/fans in a local bar.

So let me get this straight. The blinkered FFG supporters on this thread are willing to willfully ignore all the wrongdoings of FFG because (a) Sinn Fein exists (b) Sinn Fein is bad and (c) Sinn Fein will do bad things in the future. Is that it? Is that how simply you view the situation?

If so I guess I should stop hoping for a better political system in Ireland. Is that the status quo you are willing to endure forever? I am truly curious as to how you adopt that mindset and hope things might improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »

Where have you been since the start of this?

The cheap agenda of the FGer laid bare there Mark

This had nothing to do with Sinn Fein. It was a local GAA clubs players/fans in a local bar.

I realise that, but as SF is a member of Government, they do have something to do with this.
    Are they a) going to condemn this and b) rectify it by enforcing legislation so that it doesn't happen again?

Or are they going to ignore it?

Where have you been since the start of this?

The cheap agenda of the FGer laid bare there Mark

Where have I been? Well not breaking the rules by not travelling unessesarily unlike a certain person who did during the height of the lockdown. ;)

• Advertisement

What has this got to do with a FF/FG/Green Government in the 26 counties thread?

Deflecting away from the Govts failures maybe

Everything, dude.

Shows how the kip is run and why anyone with any sense would have nothing to do with that scenario.

Complete bunch of tools.

All of them.

Yes, but what are they doing about it?

The COVID-19 situation in the North seems to be way out of control and we will get a spillover down here. Time for SF to get the finger out and do something.

Everything, dude.

Shows how the kip is run and why anyone with any sense would have nothing to do with that scenario.

Complete bunch of tools.

All of them.

So what difference really is their between what happened in the bar/on the pitch at full time, than what happened in Dublin at them flats the weekend and the house parties the Gardai had to close down in Dublin/Golfgate.

Is that all because Ireland is a KIP dude

Of the last 39 posts, 41.03% are about Sinn Fein on a non Sinn Fein thread. Where are the mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Agreed. Back on topic, FF are in a death spiral and FG are working through their latest comms strategy to try to convince the Irish populace that they're not actually a party consisting of spivs.

The forced marriage or FFG predicted by many pundits for years is here; who knew that it would be so grimly entertaining watching them take lumps out of each other and become the worst version of each party in the process.

I take this cycle of Irish poltical history as a growth phase for the country as the scales fall from the eyes of the electorate as to what the two parties are actually made of. A whole lot of nothing at all, with a very limited vision for the country.

Doing what they are supposed to do, hopefully, not allowing their platform to be used as a polemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Of the last 39 posts, 41.03% are about Sinn Fein on a non Sinn Fein thread. Where are the mods?

As a big fan of Sinn Fein you should be pleased with all the attention. In addition they are the main opposition party so hard to proceed without reference to them.

Agree the thread has gone off topic but maybe you should have a look at who is banging the drum about the Gleananne gang and the ongoing Sinn Fein IRA obsession with the Garda Commissioner before running off to the Mods again

Doing what they are supposed to do, hopefully, not allowing their platform to be used as a polemic.

Like I said. A whole lot of nothing at all. Completely empty. "We're the best because...umm...we're just the best."

Yurt! wrote: »
    Like I said. A whole lot of nothing at all. Completely empty. "We're the best because...umm...we're just the best."

Buddy, the Shinners have been beating the drum on a UI for who knows how long.

Having seen the the crap that came out of McAlleers bar , what sensible person would have anything to do with them.

Someone tell these tools that they are on the wrong track

Sort yersells out, and don’t be annoying us.

• Advertisement

Buddy, the Shinners have been beating the drum on a UI for who knows how long.

Having seen the the crap that came out of McAlleers bar , what sensible person would have anything to do with them.

Someone tell these tools that they are on the wrong track

Sort yersells out, and don’t be annoying us.

BuddyPalDude.

FFG: Empty. Nada. Zlich. ничего

Fianna Fáil: a national political movement that drove itself into a brick wall.

Fine Gael: a poltical movement consisting of spivs that smell their own farts and try to convince everyone around them they're competent despite f*ckups following them everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement