Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Buddy, the Shinners have been beating the drum on a UI for who knows how long.

Having seen the the crap that came out of McAlleers bar , what sensible person would have anything to do with them.

Someone tell these tools that they are on the wrong track

Sort yersells out, and don’t be annoying us.

I've heard plenty of people from the 6 counties say the same about the ejjets in Clifden at a big party for a Golf event, Big party's in astro turf pitches in the middle of the Capital and the likes.

You do know in the 6 counties they are handing out fines daily for people breaking rules, university's are suspending students. Alot more active than the authorities and Govt here

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I've heard plenty of people from the 6 counties say the same about the ejjets in Clifden at a big party for a Golf event, Big party's in astro turf pitches in the middle of the Capital and the likes.

You do know in the 6 counties they are handing out fines daily for people breaking rules, university's are suspending students. Alot more active than the authorities and Govt here

Today there were 220 cases in Northern Ireland and 234 in Ireland.

Northern Ireland has a population one-third the size of Ireland. The rising problem in Ireland is in the border counties of Louth and Donegal.

Mary-Lou would want to stop bleating about the minimum wage down here and look at the disgracefully low social welfare payments her party oversees up North and means that people can't stay at home when sick during the pandemic.

The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Where have I been? Well not breaking the rules by not travelling unessesarily unlike a certain person who did during the height of the lockdown. ;)

No, I didn't travel unnecessarily. Stop telling them lies again mark.
    And put the gatling deflection gun away.

blanch152 wrote: »

Northern Ireland has a population one-third the size of Ireland. The rising problem in Ireland is in the border counties of Louth and Donegal.

Mary-Lou would want to stop bleating about the minimum wage down here and look at the disgracefully low social welfare payments her party oversees up North and means that people can't stay at home when sick during the pandemic.

The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools.

Westminster decides rates of Social Welfare dude not the N Ireland Govt of DUP/SF

Now its us folk in the border that's causing the increasing problems in Ireland. Explain why NPHET shut down Dublin if border counties were the issue?

This is not a thread about the 6 counties or Mary Lou. No matter how much you are obsessed with ber

So your blaiming SF and the DUP for the problems in Ireland, well **** me that's the best yet hahahaha

You do know The Irish Govt were told nearly a week before to shut Dublin than when they did. Them DUP and SF ****ers again hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Now its us folk in the border that's causing the increasing problems in Ireland. Explain why NPHET shut down Dublin if border counties were the issue?

This is not a thread about the 6 counties or Mary Lou. No matter how much you are obsessed with ber

So your blaiming SF and the DUP for the problems in Ireland, well **** me that's the best yet hahahaha

You do know The Irish Govt were told nearly a week before to shut Dublin than when they did. Them DUP and SF ****ers again hahahaha

I don't think you read my post at all.

The numbers are far worse in Northern Ireland than in the South, and there is a growing problem in Louth and Derry, two border counties. Simple as.

Dublin is a separate issue.

• Advertisement

I don't think you read my post at all.

The numbers are far worse in Northern Ireland than in the South, and there is a growing problem in Louth and Derry, two border counties. Simple as.

Dublin is a separate issue.

The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools

Did SF/DUP go against NPHETS advice on delaying restrictions in Dublin or opening pubs? A simple Yes or No will do dude

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

He must be Leo. He is seeing SF every where even under his bed. They government supporters can't defend the government because let's face it they been a disaster since they came so all they have is SF this SF that. It is pathetic the behaviour of the government supporters on here. You would have more respect for them if they were honest and said yeah they haven't been great in government, mistakes have been made but nope it has to be SF this and SF that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I can't believe you actually pressed 'post' on that.

God lord, your obsession has taken a sinister hold of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Westminster decides rates of Social Welfare dude not the N Ireland Govt of DUP/SF

Didn't SF vote to give those powers back to Westminster? Didn't even fight to hold onto them (from the party that fights for you?)?

Party before people again....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%C3%A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441

Didn't SF vote to give those powers back to Westminster? Didn't even fight to hold onto them (from the party that fights for you?)?

Party before people again....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%C3%A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441

Sinn Féin thread is easily found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sinn Féin thread is easily found

Unlike most things SF, lad.

Unlike most things SF, lad.

Back to topic of the Govt

Big calls and action needed, testing and capacity well below what's required in months to come, budget and plenty more regarding Brexit etc

Track record to date has me very worried. Made a balls of pretty much everything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Back to topic of the Govt

Big calls and action needed, testing and capacity well below what's required in months to come, budget and plenty more regarding Brexit etc

Track record to date has me very worried. Made a balls of pretty much everything since.

Seem to be managing a difficult and changing situation well IMO. What would you like them to do?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Seem to be managing a difficult and changing situation well IMO. What would you like them to do?

Testing and Tracing for our airports, proper financial supports for citizens out of work due to restrictions, proper testing and tracing which has been said from day 1 is needed which we have not met any targets they claimed they would get.

The publics opinion is what matters most and fact matter is the majority of the country have lost faith

I'd also stop throwing out ideas like paying influencers (many who spent time in Ibiza etc over summer) 20,000 to give advice to too youngsters

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1308842903373049864?s=19

Another U Turn coming up. The comedy show continues

Testing and Tracing for our airports, proper financial supports for citizens out of work due to restrictions, proper testing and tracing which has been said from day 1 is needed which we have not met any targets they claimed they would get.

The publics opinion is what matters most and fact matter is the majority of the country have lost faith

I'd also stop throwing out ideas like paying influencers (many who spent time in Ibiza etc over summer) 20,000 to give advice to toe youngsters

Disagree that public opinion is a relevant factor at all. Expert medical opinion should be the only factor. Not sure if the money is there for financial supports for those out of work but then again they came up with 80 billion to bail out the banks - though then again it was no fun paying it back. Not sure the airport regime and more testing will get markedly better results. The nightmare scenario is that maybe craxy Trump was right in the first place and a herd immunity solution is what we will end up with

Truthvader wrote: »
    Disagree that public opinion is a relevant factor at all. Expert medical opinion should be the only factor. Not sure if the money is there for financial supports for those out of work but then again they came up with 80 billion to bail out the banks - though then again it was no fun paying it back. Not sure the airport regime and more testing will get markedly better results. The nightmare scenario is that maybe craxy Trump was right in the first place and a herd immunity solution is what we will end up with

Well explain what you thought when the Govt went against medical advice on opening pubs and how it took them 1 week from getting medical advice to close Dublin to actually going it

Well explain what you thought when the Govt went against medical advice on opening pubs and how it took them 1 week from getting medical advice to close Dublin to actually going it

A perfect example of the dangers of public opinion. They should have ignored all the morons calling on them to open the pubs and simply followed the medical advice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Says the guy who was planning to ‘tanker up’ last monday.

Think for yourself, pal.

Think for yourself, pal.

As per the rules I went on the drink with 2 of my friends. Are we not meant to be following advice by the Govt? I done exactly that

Your having a go at me following advice hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Think for yourself, pal.

He's not in Dublin Brenner, (theres a massive hint in his username)

Wouldn't be fussed on hitting the pub myself, I'm more of a "highstool man" than a sit at a table kind of man myself, so I'll probably wait until they're open-open but that's me personally.

In dundalks case however, the government seem to think it's ok to go out and have a cold one with mates so long as you follow the guidelines they set out, surely you yourself would have no beef with that, surely not bren?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

As per the rules I went on the drink with 2 of my friends. Are we not meant to be following advice by the Govt? I done exactly that

Your having a go at me following advice hahaha

You did not follow the medical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I believe MLMD had Micheál almost reduced to a babbling wreck in the Dail today.

https://twitter.com/EmODonghaile/status/1308386484500574210?s=19

atticu wrote: »
    You did not follow the medical advice.

On Monday I went to the pub with my friends in my hometown Dundalk, had a great day/evening, ordered a Pizza at 9pm collected it on my walk home and ate it before going to bed..

I followed Government Advice, as per the rules man. If the Government had of advised not to do what I did, I wouldn't have gone out.

It was other posters who are saying agovt are making good decisions. I only questioned what they thought of the Govt going against Medical advice but you seen it as an opportunity to talk about me following the rules.

Doing the same tomorrow for the Dundalk FC match in the Europa League as I expect the advice to change next week. Louth will prob join Dublin at 3.67 on the 1-5 plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

On Monday I went to the pub with my friends in my hometown Dundalk, had a great day/evening, ordered a Pizza at 9pm collected it on my walk home and ate it before going to bed..

I followed Government Advice, as per the rules man. If the Government had of advised not to do what I did, I wouldn't have gone out.

It was other posters who are saying agovt are making good decisions. I only questioned what they thought of the Govt going against Medical advice but you seen it as an opportunity to talk about me following the rules.

Doing the same tomorrow for the Dundalk FC match in the Europa League as I expect the advice to change next week. Louth will prob join Dublin at 3.67 on the 1-5 plan

you're probably reasonably safe once you stuck to your own table and your own friends which you did
    That's the sad thing about where we are right now though
    Sooner theres a vaccine the better
    The nphat guys got a fair roasting tonight about there being no mass in Dublin and rightly so
    Yet 400 can be in the nec in killarney at the weekend dancing and singing to Gina and the champions :eek:
    Wonder what the Healy rae party has to say about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    I believe MLMD had Micheál almost reduced to a babbling wreck in the Dail today.

https://twitter.com/EmODonghaile/status/1308386484500574210?s=19

I see she raised it and he deflected about SF having money from the U S.
    Awful representation for the public.
    If you're a low paid worker you got no debate just ****ey digs....MM must be a boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I wonder could we keep sending our suspect covid cases when we fail to meet demand on testing again?

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1308801638073802754?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    I wonder could we keep sending our suspect covid cases when we fail to meet demand on testing again?

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1308801638073802754?s=19

To help with the last surge in demand, they suspended testing on meatplants for a period. That went well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Any context to this link dump from Twitter?

How many did they have to ferry? 2 or 200?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement