Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

john4321 wrote: »
    Any context to this link dump from Twitter?

How many did they have to ferry? 2 or 200?

Anymore than 0 is against restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Anymore than 0 is against restrictions

Why break restrictions and brag about in on twitter then repost it here?

Why break restrictions and brag about in on twitter then repost it here?

To show what a **** show the Govt are running that they can't get these people housed in Dublin since every hotel is near empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Other cities (abroad) are housing Covid positive people who have nowhere to self isolate up in specially set up hotels and the like. Surely there's a few FF/FG henchmen with slobbering chops at the very idea? Surprised if it's not been floated.
    Hotels get money, people get well, spread is lessened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

blanch152 wrote: »
    Today there were 220 cases in Northern Ireland and 234 in Ireland.

Northern Ireland has a population one-third the size of Ireland. The rising problem in Ireland is in the border counties of Louth and Donegal.
    The Six Occupied Counties are in IRELAND.

There is no such thing as "Ireland and Northern Ireland" and to suggest otherwise is seditious and treasonous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Risteard81 wrote: »

There is no such thing as "Ireland and Northern Ireland" and to suggest otherwise is seditious and treasonous.

:D:D:D

To show what a **** show the Govt are running that they can't get these people housed in Dublin since every hotel is near empty

It doesn't really show anything it's a single tweet from a person who is invested in the industry.

No facts or context behind it but you decided to use it to have a dig at government and take it at face value.

Can you provide more information as to why they had to ferry people against advice between counties?

housing people would be essential work anyway lads so no restrictions broken
    A bit strange alright that they could get nowhere suitable in the city
    Hopefully it was somewhere warm and safe and that the busses were socially distanced
    I'll say a prayer for them

Northern Ireland has a population one-third the size of Ireland. The rising problem in Ireland is in the border counties of Louth and Donegal.

Mary-Lou would want to stop bleating about the minimum wage down here and look at the disgracefully low social welfare payments her party oversees up North and means that people can't stay at home when sick during the pandemic.

The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools.

Gone Missing since this

Bowie wrote: »
    Other cities (abroad) are housing Covid positive people who have nowhere to self isolate up in specially set up hotels and the like. Surely there's a few FF/FG henchmen with slobbering chops at the very idea? Surprised if it's not been floated.
    Hotels get money, people get well, spread is lessened.

Don't really follow this mini rant. Are you in favour of government setting up a facility to allow people to self isolate which they have already done or are you against it?

• Advertisement

Actually up north household visiting indoors is now banned which is a stronger move than down south
    There was probably always a higher residue of virus in the North than official figures showed as for months only the hospitalised were tested thanks to UK policy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Nobotty wrote: »
    Actually up north household visiting indoors is now banned
    That's an unlawful totalitarian diktat so has no legal standing. I'll have whoever I want in my household. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

No, I didn't travel unnecessarily. Stop telling them lies again mark.
    And put the gatling deflection gun away.

Didnt you cross the border numerous times, during the height of the lockdown, back in April, yet refused to say exactly why you had to do so?
    There were very strict conditions with travel back then, the whole 2km radius of your house condition and so on.

This is off-topic though, but as the saying goes, "Those in glass houses..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Don't really follow this mini rant. Are you in favour of government setting up a facility to allow people to self isolate which they have already done or are you against it?

Why do you think its a rant? I mentioned something that happens elsewhere and wondered why it wasn't happening in Ireland, or if it had been discussed. What part of that was a rant and why?
    Do you still think the HSE being affiliated with the Department of Health and the Minister of Health is an accusation that needs backing up? You never explained that one.

markodaly wrote: »
    Didnt you cross the border numerous times, during the height of the lockdown, back in April, yet refused to say exactly why you had to do so?
    There were very strict conditions with travel back then, the whole 2km radius of your house condition and so on.

So you know he broke restrictions but don't know why he travelled. You sir are psychic

Why didn't you warn us about Covid earlier?

if you lived 2kms from the border its within your zone in the early lockdown

Nobotty wrote: »
    if you lived 2kms from the border its within your zone in the early lockdown

Add in some people have to cross over a border and back to get to their closest town too, some peoples closes shop will be over the order but mark knows someone broke the rules cause he just does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Desperate lads, arguing over covid for the sake of it. Get a dig in at any cost.
    No one knows for sure where this is going, but it looks like it's going to stretch our health services to the limit and people are going to die if not with it, then because of it as other health services will be neglected.
    There is no moral high ground for any party here, just a desperate need to overcome it.
    But it seems asking and scoring political points re money and you're worse than me is more important to some.
    Grow up lads, we need to act together on this and cheap political and personal jibes isn't the answer.
    No one has a magic bullet for covid as yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes I did and like other lies you tell about me, it was for essential purposes, the delivery of a product I said.
    I said this numerous times but no, you guys preferred to run off swapping the usual faux outrage rant baton between you.

So you know he broke restrictions but don't know why he travelled. You sir are psychic

I don't want to get off topic, but yes. The poster in question has not hid the fact the area where he lives, in a border community but also let slip, back in March/April that he visited random towns well well away from the 2km/5km zone for 'work' during the lockdown.

When asked, exactly what that work was, no answer was forthcoming.
    Work travel is supposed to be essential only back then.

Again, this is off topic, but I stand by my 'Throwing stones in glass houses' comment.
    If you are going to criticise others about the rules, yet break them yourself, it is absolutely fair to call that out.

• Advertisement

Yes I did and like other lies you tell about me, it was for essential purposes, the delivery of a product I said.
    I said this numerous times but no, you guys preferred to run off swapping the usual faux outrage rant baton between you.

This is new information.
    Again, it depends on the product as there was no 'pass' for all and any delieveries.
    If you want to be more specific, then you can. Otherwise, I can drop it, as I really do not care too much.

I don't want to get off topic, but yes. The poster in question has not hid the fact the area where he lives, in a border community but also let slip, back in March/April that he visited random towns well well away from the 2km/5km zone for 'work' during the lockdown.

When asked, exactly what that work was, no answer was forthcoming.
    Work travel is supposed to be essential only back then.

Again, this is off topic, but I stand by my 'Throwing stones in glass houses' comment.
    If you are going to criticise others about the rules, yet break them yourself, it is absolutely fair to call that out.

What gives you the right to think, anybody on a forum has to tell you what they work at?

This is new information.
    Again, it depends on the product as there was no 'pass' for all and any delieveries.
    If you want to be more specific, then you can. Otherwise, I can drop it, as I really do not care too much.

No it isn't...go back and research before telling more lies.

You must remember Mark, I am not here in the 'Court of Mark'. Take or leave the information, but don't lie about it.

Mary-Lou would want to stop bleating about the minimum wage down here and look at the disgracefully low social welfare payments her party oversees up North and means that people can't stay at home when sick during the pandemic.

The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools.

Ah your back man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Desperate lads, arguing over covid for the sake of it. Get a dig in at any cost.
    No one knows for sure where this is going, but it looks like it's going to stretch our health services to the limit and people are going to die if not with it, then because of it as other health services will be neglected.
    There is no moral high ground for any party here, just a desperate need to overcome it.
    But it seems asking and scoring political points re money and you're worse than me is more important to some.
    Grow up lads, we need to act together on this and cheap political and personal jibes isn't the answer.
    No one has a magic bullet for covid as yet anyway.

Do you think this would have been a time to have a national government involving all parties rather than having what we have at the moment? Surely a national crisis such as this pandemic requires a national government all working together and none of this he said she said finger pointing ****e we currently have.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Risteard81 wrote: »

Rubbish. Once again the mask slips.

The name of our state is Ireland. We no longer have a territorial claim on the rest of the island. It was removed as part of the GFA - we only want to reunite the people, not the territory.

Northern Ireland is a part of the UK.

Them's the facts, live with it.

Testing and Tracing for our airports, proper financial supports for citizens out of work due to restrictions, proper testing and tracing which has been said from day 1 is needed which we have not met any targets they claimed they would get.

The publics opinion is what matters most and fact matter is the majority of the country have lost faith

I'd also stop throwing out ideas like paying influencers (many who spent time in Ibiza etc over summer) 20,000 to give advice to too youngsters

We might need to close our border because of the worsening situation in the North, thanks to the incompetent government up there.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/24/news/10-ni-ambulance-staff-test-postiive-for-coronavirus-6-more-told-to-isolate-2077041/

These must be the lads that infected half of Tullamore on their golf trip.

There have been plenty of posters on here who have admitted breaking restrictions.

There was someone in the middle of the big Covid lockdown who claimed he posted six times during the morning while building a wall in his back garden with his mates.

We might need to close our border because of the worsening situation in the North, thanks to the incompetent government up there.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/24/news/10-ni-ambulance-staff-test-postiive-for-coronavirus-6-more-told-to-isolate-2077041/

These must be the lads that infected half of Tullamore on their golf trip.

You can really plumb the depths when on the defensive.

We have had 3 counties on a renewed lockdown...our capital city is on level 3 and 7 or 8 counties probably going onto level 3 shortly. We have had breaking of restrictions from teenagers right up to government ministers and EU commissioners...but but but the shinners.

Fecking hell...you must be absolutely sweating it.

• Advertisement

There have been plenty of posters on here who have admitted breaking restrictions.

There was someone in the middle of the big Covid lockdown who claimed he posted six times during the morning while building a wall in his back garden with his mates.

Not even honest enough to name who you are talking about...just the snide remarks.

You were sickened when I posted a photo with your name written on a piece of paper after you tried to claim I wasn't doing what I said I was doing...and ever since have implied/accused me of breaking regs.

My 'mates' where my neighbours and we observed all of the rules and restrictions without any issue whatsoever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement