Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is a 'proper apology'?

Those guilty served their sentence and as far as I know apologies have been made.

NOBODY who was a victim of the conflict/war has been properly compensated.

There was no conflict in the South, a point I made and you ignored.

The compensation in the South is due from Sinn Fein, the compensation in the North is being blocked by Sinn Fein.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Heard Pat Kenny grilling Paschal over that breaking news this morning, I thought this was always in the pipeline anyway tbh.

One thing is certain, we are lucky we didn't follow the foolish route of spending the money.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We might need to close our border because of the worsening situation in the North, thanks to the incompetent government up there.
    It's only our partitionists and belligerent Unionists that seem to want to engage in a macabre competition over this.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0925/1167366-covid-19/

"Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn and his Northern Ireland counterpart Dr Michael McBride will issue a joint statement later this morning after discussions about efforts to reduce travel between Co Donegal and Northern Ireland.

Dr Glynn will discuss the increased incidence rates of Covid-19 in Co Donegal with Dr McBride as well as reducing travel between the two jurisdictions."

"Derry and Strabane have the highest rates of the virus in Northern Ireland."

Once again Francie, the green-tinted spectacles failed to let you see what was coming. What the report doesn't say is that Derry and Strabane have the highest rates on this island. There is much left unsaid in the media about the virus, including the shambolic efforts of the SF/DUP government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

With the government - repeatedly - putting out "green lists" that include micro states that don't even have an airport, I'm just wondering if they are just giant trolls whose only interest is taking the piss out of the people, or so utterly, utterly, utterly incompetent they lack the most basic of googling skills?

Either way, the embarrassment grows bigger by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There was no conflict in the South, a point I made and you ignored.

The compensation in the South is due from Sinn Fein, the compensation in the North is being blocked by Sinn Fein.

The partitionist view is there was no conflict/war here, but the many victims would think otherwise. My community would think otherwise.
    The state was involved in the solution, of course it was involved in the problem and has now, and did then, responsibilities.

One of those, along with it's co signatory is to institute a proper procedure to deal with legacy issues.
    The British and Unionist/Loyalist, and the Irish government are the blockages to that process. SF and the IRA have said they are willing, if all the players are.

I commented on the victim compensation thing before and it is more nuanced than it seems at first. I suggest you research that.

• Advertisement

"Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn and his Northern Ireland counterpart Dr Michael McBride will issue a joint statement later this morning after discussions about efforts to reduce travel between Co Donegal and Northern Ireland.

Dr Glynn will discuss the increased incidence rates of Covid-19 in Co Donegal with Dr McBride as well as reducing travel between the two jurisdictions."

Once again Francie, the green-tinted spectacles failed to let you see what was coming. What the report doesn't say is that Derry and Strabane have the highest rates on this island. There is much left unsaid in the media about the virus, including the shambolic efforts of the SF/DUP government.

I suppose Dublin being on a Level 3 and possibly going to 4 or 5 means our efforts have been shambolic too?

You are so desperate to score a point it is getting pathetic and nauseating.

It's clear to me and I persume any rational sane person that the virus sees no borders and is moving around areas that drop their guard, necessitating the raising of the levels...how many counties on the island now are in line for a level raising and how close are they to the border? The first 3 to go onto a new level and Dublin are hardly as a result of the terrible work of the shinners are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I suppose Dublin being on a Level 3 and possibly going to 4 or 5 means our efforts have been shambolic too?

You are so desperate to score a point it is getting pathetic and nauseating.

It's clear to me and I persume any rational sane person that the virus sees no borders and is moving around areas that drop their guard, necessitating the raising of the levels...how many counties on the island now are in line for a level raising and how close are they to the border? The first 3 to go onto a new level and Dublin are hardly as a result of the terrible work of the shinners are they?

It is SF spreading the virus. :) well that is what FG would like you to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You should take a day off, dude. This stuff is eating you up inside.

Was off most of the week. Noticed the same old posted all week. Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

Risteard81 wrote: »
    The Six Occupied Counties are in IRELAND.

There is no such thing as "Ireland and Northern Ireland" and to suggest otherwise is seditious and treasonous.

Better tell the lads who wrote the Constitution they were seditious and treasonous so! :pac:
    The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland.

Floppybits wrote: »
    It is SF spreading the virus. :) well that is what FG would like you to believe.

From a poster who's own county is locked down and possibly going to level 4 or 5 (before anywhere else) because everyone, from teenage ravers to EU commissioners couldn't take the messaging onboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Better tell the lads who wrote the Constitution they were seditious and treasonous so! :pac:

They were.

But you ignore the fact that the 1937 Constitution clearly states that all 32-Counties are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thought you said a Government cannot be everywhere monitoring people's movements, and that would take thousands of police if they wanted to?*

*Mind you that was in relation to this Govt in the 26 counties. Never waste an opportunity to get a dig in and make a shinner reference blanch.

I repeat, you're parody.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Thought you said a Government cannot be everywhere monitoring people's movements, and that would take thousands of police if they wanted to?*

*Mind you that was in relation to this Govt in the 26 counties. Never waste an opportunity to get a dig in and make a shinner reference blanch.

I repeat, you're parody.

That he thinks nobody notices the routine and predictable hypocrisy says a lot.

That he thinks nobody notices the routine and predictable hypocrisy says a lot.

Do the government supports go on a training course or something? They all seem to behave this way or is it just one person with multiple accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The partitionist view is there was no conflict/war here, but the many victims would think otherwise. My community would think otherwise.
    The state was involved in the solution, of course it was involved in the problem and has now, and did then, responsibilities.

One of those, along with it's co signatory is to institute a proper procedure to deal with legacy issues.
    The British and Unionist/Loyalist, and the Irish government are the blockages to that process. SF and the IRA have said they are willing, if all the players are.

I commented on the victim compensation thing before and it is more nuanced than it seems at first. I suggest you research that.

Still running with this "conflict/war" nonsense on every thread to cover up the criminal and useless murder campaign by Sinn Fein IRA. Clearly you wont be stopped. Yourself and your fellow travellers should however stop whining when others respond and pretending that there is some weird "deflection" campaign to bring up Sinn Fein at every opportunity. If you wont be stopped neither will those responding

You might also consider that the "partitionist view" (which you clearly view as a bad thing and something imposed by the English which betrays a gap in your education) is only encouraged by the mindset of both sides in the North. Many in "the Free State" or "the mainland" (to use the preferred nomenclature of the two sides) want nothing to do with either side and are very and increasingly comfortable with partition. An unpopular reality for border obsessives like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

Risteard81 wrote: »
    They were.

But you ignore the fact that the 1937 Constitution clearly states that all 32-Counties are included.

No I didn't, I chose to recognise the fact that the Constitution is a living document and has been changed since 1937. As I'm sure you know the constitution was amended specifically to remove the claim over the 6 counties of Northern Ireland, and yet the name of the country stayed the same. The name of the country is Ireland, and if certain people feel calling the country Ireland is in some way offensive they are free to petition their local TD about amending the constitution to change it. Doubt even SF would touch that though.

I am curious though, in what way do you feel the writers of the 1937 constitution were treasonous and seditious?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Still running with this "conflict/war" nonsense on every thread to cover up the criminal and useless murder campaign by Sinn Fein IRA. Clearly you wont be stopped. Yourself and your fellow travellers should however stop whining when others respond and pretending that there is some weird "deflection" campaign to bring up Sinn Fein at every opportunity. If you wont be stopped neither will those responding

You might also consider that the "partitionist view" (which you clearly view as a bad thing and something imposed by the English which betrays a gap in your education) is only encouraged by the mindset of both sides in the North. Many in "the Free State" or "the mainland" (to use the preferred nomenclature of the two sides) want nothing to do with either side and are very and increasingly comfortable with partition. An unpopular reality for border obsessives like yourself.

:):) That'd be why Michael addressed the ever growing issue of unity and the impending crisis by setting up the Unity project?

Because 'everyone' is increasingly comfortable with partition? :):)

I think I'll leave that doozie to stand on it's own.

:):) That'd be why Michael addressed the ever growing issue of unity and the impending crisis by setting up the Unity project?

Because 'everyone' is increasingly comfortable with partition? :):)

I think I'll leave that doozie to stand on it's own.

Micheal was only concerned with protecting his nationalist flank from Sinn Fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I think people are getting lazy on the virus full stop
    Thats what's wrong and its going to cost us all regardless of who is in government

Celbridge has the 2nd highest rate in the country and its a long way from the North
    Thats worse than Madrid,never mind Belfast

Excuse my language but there's an awful lot of tit for tat shoite in this thread
    Its pathetic

Micheal was only concerned with protecting his nationalist flank from Sinn Fein.

Who are British Universities, Unionists themselves, a myriad of political and media voices here, in NI, and the EU 'protecting' themselves from?

Jaysus lads, to try and say that a UI is not front and centre of the debate about the future of this island is absurd, delusional and downright hilarious.

• Advertisement

Who are British Universities, Unionists themselves, a myriad of political and media voices here, in NI, and the EU 'protecting' themselves from?

Jaysus lads, to try and say that a UI is not front and centre of the debate about the future of this island is absurd, delusional and downright hilarious.

Not really a matter for debate as such. Just think you are wrong but there may be some kind of poll on the subject.

My guess is that in a list of things the public would like tackled by government a united Ireland is a far distant item in a hazy background after housing, health, crime, public transport, cycle lanes, parking spaces, bank scandals, who Leo was with in the Phoenix Park. I get that it is clearly front and centre for you but for many it is simply not a consideration at all. And indeed for many it is if fact a consideration in that they don't want it

Not really a matter for debate as such. Just think you are wrong but there may be some kind of poll on the subject.

My guess is that in a list of things the public would like tackled by government a united Ireland is a far distant item in a hazy background after housing, health, crime, public transport, cycle lanes, parking spaces, bank scandals, who Leo was with in the Phoenix Park. I get that it is clearly front and centre for you but for many it is simply not a consideration at all. And indeed for many it is if fact a consideration in that they don't want it

So you don't 'really' know anything about this. You are just dipping a, if you'll forgive me' jaundiced toe in a dried up pool.

The power swap will underestimate feelings on this matter, just like they did when they tried to sneak in a state commemoration for the B&T's and the RIC.

Sick listening to people (partitionists and their Unionist allies) make these statements on behalf of the electorate...call for a border poll if you believe it won't pass. Of course they won't because fear stalks that particular land.

So you don't 'really' know anything about this. You are just dipping a, if you'll forgive me' jaundiced toe in a dried up pool.

The power swap will underestimate feelings on this matter, just like they did when they tried to sneak in a state commemoration for the B&T's and the RIC.

Sick listening to people (partitionists and their Unionist allies) make these statements on behalf of the electorate...call for a border poll if you believe it won't pass. Of course they won't because fear stalks that particular land.

You may well be right about the fear and you might ask yourself why that is and who people fear

You may well be right about the fear and you might ask yourself why that is and who people fear

Hold on until I check under the bed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

I wonder did Leo push for Dublin to remain at Level 2 with every other county. He did remind people he was a Dubliner.

MM saying there is clarity is always a worry!
    Nobotty wrote: »
    I think people are getting lazy on the virus full stop
    Thats what's wrong and its going to cost us all regardless of who is in government

Celbridge has the 2nd highest rate in the country and its a long way from the North
    Thats worse than Madrid,never mind Belfast

Excuse my language but there's an awful lot of tit for tat shoite in this thread
    Its pathetic

You got it.

Same old monotonous bs from the same few perma whingers, day in year out.

Some of them are even proud of what they call their debating skills.

I kid you not :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

mattser wrote: »
    You got it.

You ain’t kidding, my friend.

Glad to see there are some sensible folk in the country who don’t try to blame the Government for everything.

mattser wrote: »
    You got it.

Glad to see there are some sensible folk in the country who don’t try to blame the Government for everything.

Whingers whinging about whingers, and the wheel turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

The_Brood wrote: »
    With the government - repeatedly - putting out "green lists" that include micro states that don't even have an airport, I'm just wondering if they are just giant trolls whose only interest is taking the piss out of the people, or so utterly, utterly, utterly incompetent they lack the most basic of googling skills?
    Close call. The inability to understand how actions/inactions affect others makes me wonder whether a lobotomy is a prerequisite for certain sections of the administration.

PommieBast wrote: »
    Close call. The inability to understand how actions/inactions affect others makes me wonder whether a lobotomy is a prerequisite for certain sections of the administration.

This travel thing is one big cock up. If the government don't want anyone travelling then they should come out and say it simple as that. The reason they wont come out and say it is because then the airlines will have to refund anyone who booked flights. O'Leary was on Newstalk yesterday and he was saying that there will be no refunds for any that has booked flights who don't turn up, as he said the flights the Germany will still be going.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Blanch is blaiming SF/DUP for issues North and South, word is he's saying SF men were in China when the outbreak first happened

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement