Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

Floppybits wrote: »
    This travel thing is one big cock up. If the government don't want anyone travelling then they should come out and say it simple as that. The reason they wont come out and say it is because then the airlines will have to refund anyone who booked flights. O'Leary was on Newstalk yesterday and he was saying that there will be no refunds for any that has booked flights who don't turn up, as he said the flights the Germany will still be going.

Refunds were never issued for no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Blanch is blaiming SF/DUP for issues North and South, word is he's saying SF men were in China when the outbreak first happened

Well they did roar and shout around Athens when their fellow travelers imploded and schorched off on a motorbike when they were found out.

Couldn’t take the heat dude.

Like I said very easy to call for everything, totally different to deliver.

You need to examine that stuff closely, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well they did roar and shout around Athens when their fellow travelers imploded and schorched off on a motorbike when they were found out.

Couldn’t take the heat dude.

Like I said very easy to call for everything, totally different to deliver.

You need to examine that stuff closely, my friend.

Well there isn't a problem Brendi when you call out a party for this and that.

It's a completely different leap into the absurd when, in his defensiveness, blanch has fired off the gatling gun of blame at SF for being responsible for our issues with Covid.

The shinners are corroding your rational thinking if such ever existed.
    You need to examine that stuff closely and metaphorically give it a blast of the WD40.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's a completely different leap into the absurd when, in his defensiveness, blanch has fired off the gatling gun of blame at SF for being responsible for our issues with Covid.

You need to examine that stuff closely and metaphorically give it a blast of the WD40.

Well Francie, Pierce is struggling badly on Drivetime .

Donegal was,as is well known the Wild West when the drink regulations
    were in force, nod and wink, carry on ,what ya havin’ lads.

Pierce gave no leadership when he must have known what was going on, Communions, parties, weddings..

Then when the merde hit the fan the guy starts looking for more ‘help’ for the people who spread the virus by not co operating.

Francie..... would you ever............please

I’m not dancing on the head of a pin on this... so don’t bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pierce gave no leadership when he must have known what was going on, Communions, parties, weddings..

Then when the merde hit the fan the guy starts looking for more ‘help’ for the people who spread the virus by not co operating.

Doherty wouldn’t be the sharpest tool in the box, Brendan. Struggles to make a coherent and nuanced argument, so just reverts to the usual SF tactic of shouting, moaning, and being indignant.

He wasn’t above breaking lockdown rules either, so any point he makes about Covid is null and void.

2-C20-DAC0-F907-43-F9-92-D8-3-BF95051201-A.jpg

• Advertisement

Who fault is Offaly, Kildare, Dublin Brendi?

The virus does not recognise party affiliations or whether you live in Donegal or Dublin.

When are you lads gonna accept this? The Shinners is not an excuse.

Donegal has it's 'nod and wink' reputation as a result of FF and genepool FF politicking BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

As I said to christy c, it's not over until the iFat Lady sings.

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1309430491657973760

If it is not over, then it makes even less sense to want to spend the Apple money as the angry man Pearse wanted to.

I wouldn't hold out much hope if I were SF, better have the "fairness" soundbites at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

This travel thing is one big cock up. If the government don't want anyone travelling then they should come out and say it simple as that. The reason they wont come out and say it is because then the airlines will have to refund anyone who booked flights.
    It is not just travel. As has been covered ad nauseam in other threads publicans have been strung along for months in a way that makes it impossible for them to plan their livelihoods. Visas have also had months of ad-hoc six week extensions. People who have had citizenship approved and paid all the fees have had radio silence since March. I could go on but there are only so many part of government & the civil service I pay any attention to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

christy c wrote: »
    If it is not over, then it makes even less sense to want to spend the Apple money as the angry man Pearse wanted to.

I wouldn't hold out much hope if I were SF, better have the "fairness" soundbites at the ready.

That apple money is not ours,its an elaborate case dreamed up by very highly paid civil servants with nothing better to do in Brussels
    They were always going to appeal to save face
    Why wouldn't they,the money they spend on lawyers is not theirs
    I do not know why any left party use it as a talking point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Refunds were never issued for no shows.

Are you saying that people who have flights booked to non green list countries should go despite the government you support saying not to go?

• Advertisement

Are you saying that people who have flights booked to non green list countries should go despite the government you support saying not to go?

No. I’m simply pointing out that if the plane is flying and a passenger decides not to travel, they’re not automatically entitled to a refund. Their decision. Their loss. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Blanch is blaiming SF/DUP for issues North and South, word is he's saying SF men were in China when the outbreak first happened

The hysterical overreaction, twisting and poster-blaming in response to any criticism of Sinn Fein is going past childishness now, and becoming boring. Bang another drum, lads.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The hysterical overreaction, twisting and poster-blaming in response to any criticism of Sinn Fein is going past childishness now, and becoming boring. Bang another drum, lads.

Over reaction..think that line was crossed with the lad blaming the Shinners for the Donegal increase. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

What is a 'proper apology'?

Those guilty served their sentence and as far as I know apologies have been made.

NOBODY who was a victim of the conflict/war has been properly compensated.

In Northern Ireland, Sinn Féin, if they have turned the corner and accept the Good Friday Agreement need to learn to move on.

There is tremendous pain on both sides in NI. Opening old wounds helps no-one. There were heinous atrocities committed by all participants in the troubles.

The GFA allowed the release of all prisoners related to the troubles and tried to forgive and let bygones be bygones but SF or the DUP won't allow NI to heal as the constant war keeps them in power (having the populace vote against the other faction) and highlights the absolute lack of initiative they've had in power - which is nothing short of a disgrace.

For SF to be trusted by the mainstream in the Republic, nothing short of the outright condemnation of the acts of murder of our public servants in the line of duty and condemnation of those involved will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

No. I’m simply pointing out that if the plane is flying and a passenger decides not to travel, they’re not automatically entitled to a refund. Their decision. Their loss. Simples.

So if they follow the government guidance they are at the loss of the money for the flight, then there can be no complaints from anyone if the people get on the plane and travel. Would you agree with that? Can't have it both ways

So if they follow the government guidance they are at the loss of the money for the flight, then there can be no complaints from anyone if the people get on the plane and travel. Would you agree with that? Can't have it both ways

The government isn’t telling them not to fly! Just advising against it! Sh1t happens!! Personal responsibility and all that! Possibly losing ones life versus losing a few Euro. If people wish to travel, the choice is theirs.

In Northern Ireland, Sinn Féin, if they have turned the corner and accept the Good Friday Agreement need to learn to move on.

There is tremendous pain on both sides in NI. Opening old wounds helps no-one. There were heinous atrocities committed by all participants in the troubles.

The GFA allowed the release of all prisoners related to the troubles and tried to forgive and let bygones be bygones but SF or the DUP won't allow NI to heal as the constant war keeps them in power (having the populace vote against the other faction) and highlights the absolute lack of initiative they've had in power - which is nothing short of a disgrace.

For SF to be trusted by the mainstream in the Republic, nothing short of the outright condemnation of the acts of murder of our public servants in the line of duty and condemnation of those involved will suffice.

The bottom line is, we either see the value of a truth process, were all sides, including the Irish governments, sit down and give witness to what happened or we don't.
    You can't create another halfway house like the north was itself where there is a ceiling that nationalists are not allowed beyond.
    There was more than the IRA or SF at fault, and everyone involved needs to take part in a truth process or forget it basically.
    We'll keep on with the slow reveal of what Britain did, because that is what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

But SF are fast becoming our largest party, going on opinion polls.
    The other parties can't keep ignoring them.
    Someone somewhere obviously doesn't give a **** about apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You should take a day off, dude. This stuff is eating you up inside.

Shouldn't let it get in on you JF. People in a discussion forum be discussin. Maybe sign off for a bit, play a round. No sense in getting het up sbout comments.

Bowie wrote: »
    Shouldn't let it get in on you JF. People in a discussion forum be discussin. Maybe sign off for a bit, play a round. No sense in getting het up sbout comments.

Tis called living in a democracy. Differing views vocalised and debated.

• Advertisement

But SF are fast becoming our largest party, going on opinion polls.
    The other parties can't keep ignoring them.
    Someone somewhere obviously doesn't give a **** about apologies.

Or maybe they realise just what went on up 'there'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »

Did you ever play golf yourself, dude? A hobby that involves fresh air and meeting real people might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I love it when Johnny the obsessive makes out like he's cool hand Luke, as if he's casually posting missives on his Huawei on his way to the back-nine. When the reality is he's hunched over a keyboard with the veins popping out of his head, incredulous that people have different opinions and have the temerity to chat-back to him and his multis.

The bottom line is, we either see the value of a truth process, were all sides, including the Irish governments, sit down and give witness to what happened or we don't.
    You can't create another halfway house like the north was itself where there is a ceiling that nationalists are not allowed beyond.
    There was more than the IRA or SF at fault, and everyone involved needs to take part in a truth process or forget it basically.
    We'll keep on with the slow reveal of what Britain did, because that is what is happening.

I have a good friend of nationalist stock from up-north who lives in Dublin (she's actually from a SDLP family before the B.O.Ts lose their minds) who has choice words about the attitudes of the great and the good in the south towards her community, and many of those attitudes are reflected in this thread.

Basically, she has got accustomed to the pursed lips and vacant stares into the distance when she tries to explain what her community went through at the hands of British state actors and the dismissive hand waving and tin ear turned towards them by the governing class in the south. And as she points out, these are the very class of people running around the world speaking in conflict zones for expenses telling everyone how they crafted the GFA and what wonderful peacemakers they are.

Yurt! wrote: »

Basically, she has got accustomed to the pursed lips and vacant stares into the distance when she tries to explain what her community went through at the hands of British state actors and the dismissive hand waving and tin ear turned towards them by the governing class in the south. And as she points out, these are the very class of people running around the world speaking in conflict zones for expenses telling everyone how they crafted the GFA and what wonderful peacemakers they are.

If your friend is going on like that ,she's not a normal person from the north
    I know a lot from the north and none of them go on with that
    You're either exaggerating or she is
    The troubles should have its own thread,what in the name of God has it to do with this government today
    We all have much more to be concerned about

Nobotty wrote: »
    The troubles should have its own thread,what in the name of God has it to do with this government today

You want her email address or something? She'd run rings around you btw.

If you know nobody from up north "who gos on with that" I'd wager you don't actually know too many people from the north. A good many of them (and they're not all SF supporters) wouldn't have too many kind words to say about how they are viewed by the likes of JohnnyBrendanFlashSpice as to where they fit in the Irish nation. Blue tinged foghorns who like to repurpose the history of the troubles because they're in a spot of electoral bother, fete the likes of Mallon and Hume but patronise the population as soon as the M1 becomes the A1.

Plenty of people feel they were abandoned in the north and with good reason IMO. And there are plenty who think that FG in particular are far too cozy with, and forgiving of Unionism and the British. Just look at these threads and mostly those who defend FG are also our partitionists.

Stop trying to censor the thread too...if the topic doesn't interest you just make whatever point you want, we are all able to cope with two or three conversations happening at the same time.

People in their 20s and younger don't feel like that as a norm

People in their 20s and younger don't feel like that as a norm

She's in her 20s. And I could introduce you to a few more who harbor similar sentiments.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    She's in her 20s. And I could introduce you to a few more who harbor similar sentiments.

Well that's news to me,I've never came across that only in older people
    There are pages of stuff here tooing and froing about the north in a thread about what this government is doing
    Thats ridiculous IMO
    I mean seriously
    And its not your fault, there's 5 or 6 in a tango here not discussing anything at all,just in a competition on who bests who
    I'll end up at it if I stick around

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement