Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Did you ever play golf yourself, dude? A hobby that involves fresh air and meeting real people might suit you.

I'm cula bula. Just noticed a lot of your comments are regarding your idea of the tone, 'lot of anger' and the like. Don't let it get in on you is all.

I waited and hoped Covid was tackled well. Like in everything I dont particularly care who gets the brownie points if they are doing right by the public.
    The fiddling with NPHET advice to suit was selfish and incompetent, IMO, that and things like inaction with the meat plants has Ireland were it is today.
    Covid didn't respond well to 'One rule for us' and cronyism.
    Like in 2011, when many of us thought they'd learned their lesson and would 'change the way we do business', 'an end to cronyism' etc. they did, but didn't care to follow through. That electoral chatter showed they know what they do damages but they can't help themselves. FF/FG and lickspittles like the Greens need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mary McAleese having a cut at those partitionists who 'think' they know what they are talking about, specifically Eoghan Harris.
    He was (don't know if he still is) M. Martin's northern advisor and I think his spectacular rants about SF and his eulogising of Martin before the election probably did more to push voters into the arms of the Shinners. 'They know not what they do'. :)
    Ei1d6NqXgAEp161?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You don’t have to have lived in Northern Ireland to know that murdering innocent people was both morally wrong and a complete waste of time.

Absolute basket case of a place.

You don’t have to have lived in Northern Ireland to know that murdering innocent people was both morally wrong and a complete waste of time.

I know somewhere the exact same thing happened a few decades before...mad hi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The point is why anyone was murdered by anyone else, that's the point.

It's all very well to sit on a high horse pontificating about murderers this and murderers that, when you have only ever known life in a state where the police force and government didn't collude with paramilitaries to murder one section of the community for no other reason than their religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Ladies and gentlemen of the north who identify as Irish that may be reading this, meet our resident blueshirt spirit animal JohnnySpice.

In case you're in any doubt what his ilk think of you. The "constitutional nationalism" of FG my left nut, pursed lips and vacant stares while talking up their non-record in making peace on the island.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen of the north who identify as Irish that may be reading this, meet our resident blueshirt spirit animal JohnnySpice.

In case you're in any doubt what his ilk think of you. The "constitutional nationalism" of FG my left nut, pursed lips and vacant stares while talking up their non-record in making peace on the island.

From the party that look after their own, dodge responsibility on social issues and write off sections of society, it's not surprising they'd support cutting ties with sections of the country that didn't benefit them in some way. On that they're happy to bark about the north if it helps deflect from their own shenanigans.

Bowie wrote: »
    From the party that look after their own, dodge responsibility on social issues and write off sections of society, it's not surprising they'd support cutting ties with sections of the country that didn't benefit them in some way. On that they're happy to bark about the north if it helps deflect from their own shenanigans.

Indeed. They're fond of the northern bogeyman narrative for their own narrow poltical reasons even though the conflict is almost 2 decades behind us at this stage. With every year that passes their finger wagging furrowed brows with dire warnings get more and more comical.

One of the days they'll find themselves behind the 8-ball politically on the question of the north.Just as they're behind it on their failures on a spate of social and economic issues that developed on their watch - spending their days coming up with communications strategies to gaslight the population that they're not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

What in the name of God would Eoghan Harris know about the north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nobotty wrote: »
    What in the name of God would Eoghan Harris know about the north

Or half the headbangers in this thread. Lunatics referring to grieving families as crackpots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »

It's all very well to sit on a high horse pontificating about murderers this and murderers that, when you have only ever known life in a state where the police force and government didn't collude with paramilitaries to murder one section of the community for no other reason than their religion.

The PIRA killed more catholics and nationalists than any other group. Bunch of scumbags they were. Serial killers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, and nonces.

The PIRA killed more catholics and nationalists than any other group. Bunch of scumbags they were. Serial killers, rapists, wife beaters, bank robbers, and nonces.

I doubt anyone other than FG spin master's, partitionist's and belligerent unionists were keeping score cards John on who killed who, or what flavor of religion they were but the IRA were an unfortunate necessity at the time, as a response to gerrymandering, discrimination and murders being carried out by the British Government, the Security forces and loyalist paramilitaries.

The GFA has thankfully been in place now for over twenty years, and Sinn Fein have increased its vote share here year on year since that, and it appears to be a trend that is continuing.

The younger generation don't give a shiny shyte for this continuous "but the IRA" nonsense yourself and the rest of the blueshirt brigade keep rattling on about, time to try a different tactic I suspect.

20200926-170807.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I know somewhere the exact same thing happened a few decades before...mad hi!

No you don't that is not true. The indiscriminate campaign of relentless murder and thuggery carried out by Sinn Fein IRA is unique.

But cheer up. As many Shinnerbots here point out there is a younger generation who either dont know or dont care so Sinn Fein may yet take power in the South. My prediction given the low calibre of their membership is for a diastrous sh1tsandwich of incompetence and criminality when they do that will make Trump look like Jesus. As is already evidenced here there is a hard core of support for them even amongst those who know exactly who and what they are. So lets see how it works out for you if poor Mary Lou, Pearse, Dessie and the rest of them get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Truthvader wrote: »
    No you don't that is not true. The indiscriminate campaign of relentless murder and thuggery carried out by Sinn Fein IRA is unique.

But cheer up. As many Shinnerbots here point out there is a younger generation who either dont know or dont care so Sinn Fein may yet take power in the South. My prediction given the low calibre of their membership is for a diastrous sh1tsandwich of incompetence and criminality when they do that will make Trump look like Jesus. As is already evidenced here there is a hard core of support for them even amongst those who know exactly who and what they are. So lets see how it works out for you if poor Mary Lou, Pearse, Dessie and the rest of them get in.

The parallels with the Party from 1984 and FFG is breath taking sometimes. This reads like Two Minute Hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I think you will find many young folk do know what went on in the 6 counties. They have great sympathy with Catholics who had to live there

As FF and FG became more alike and then partnered they lost their traditional see-saw of the public going for one to punish the other. All they've had for the last few decades is being the more preferable of a bad lot. That's no longer the case. They need up their game or accept that they can't bank on replacing each other any more.
    When most people decide who's best to vote for they aren't thinking of things that happened 20 or 30 years ago.

Bull. If they'd had the means they'd have done the same.

The 'intents' were not unique. Has been seen in war/conflicts that escalate all over the world all through history.

Bull. If they'd had the means they'd have done the same.

The 'intents' were not unique. Has been seen in war/conflicts that escalate all over the world all through history.

Bull right back at you. Wars and conflicts do not routinely or necessarily include a policy of random murder of random people and where it does the guilty should be in prison. By world standards of depravity, crippling children and mutilating non combatants in pub bombings and the likes of Enniskillen and Omagh is as low as it gets. Its just not OK and people who are responsible or who justify it are not fit to mix with decent people - never mind govern them

Bull right back at you. Wars and conflicts do not routinely or necessarily include a policy of random murder of random people and where it does the guilty should be in prison. By world standards of depravity, crippling children and mutilating non combatants in pub bombings and the likes of Enniskillen and Omagh is as low as it gets. Its just not OK and people who are responsible or who justify it are not fit to mix with decent people - never mind govern them

Name these war/conflicts that didn't kill innocent people Truth? There may be some, but plenty were the exact same as what happened here.

This one had government agents plotting to bomb a primary school ffs. It was always going to escalate when you had an unstable partisan government on one side and a government who didn't care on this side.

• Advertisement

Name these war/conflicts that didn't kill innocent people Truth? There may be some, but plenty were the exact same as what happened here.

This one had government agents plotting to bomb a primary school ffs. It was always going to escalate when you had an unstable partisan government on one side and a government who didn't care on this side.

Disagree Anyway as per all previous posts your good with it (bar a bit of Gerry Adams hand wrining and "we're all victims" equivocation. So as above you may get your way and Mary Lou and the Sinn Fein mob will be let in. I have no doubt what will happen in that eventuality. You think that they will lead you to some kind of United Ireland promised land. Lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is worse are those who didn’t experience it either and who pontificate from afar sitting on a higher horse that it explains and justifies the murder of little boys.

That is truly sickening pontification, the type of sickness that infests Cullinane, Mary-Lou and posters like yourself.

Disagree Anyway as per all previous posts your good with it (bar a bit of Gerry Adams hand wrining and "we're all victims" equivocation. So as above you may get your way and Mary Lou and the Sinn Fein mob will be let in. I have no doubt what will happen in that eventuality. You think that they will lead you to some kind of United Ireland promised land. Lets see

Trump got in, Johnson got in, Sinn Fein are our Irish equivalent, so they have every chance.

No, I am not, and never was 'good with it'.
    It doesn't matter to me if the bomb is dropped from 20,000 ft or set off in a car...death is death and suffering is suffering. That is why I want to remove the cause of the war/conflict on this island.
    You guys couldn't care less, you would exclude and discriminate just like unionists as long as your boogeymen don't get to partake fully in this democracy. YOU are the ones 'good with it'

blanch152 wrote: »
    What is worse are those who didn’t experience it either and who pontificate from afar sitting on a higher horse that it explains and justifies the murder of little boys.

That is truly sickening pontification, the type of sickness that infests Cullinane, Mary-Lou and posters like yourself.

Well firstly, you do not have to experience at first hand to realise collusion to murder innocent civilians by a government, it's security forces, and paramilitaries to know it is inherently wrong, and it would inevitably end up with a backlash, and secondly you know absolutely nothing about me, where I'm from, and whether or not I have first hand experience in any of the above.

I suspect you seen the partitionist's/FG spin master's/Belligerent unionists reference and couldn't help yourself.

As sure as night follows day.

Trump got in, Johnson got in, Sinn Fein are our Irish equivalent, so they have every chance.

Au contraire, Fine Gael, as evidenced by the contributions of you and the B.O.Ts on this thread are the Trumpites in the equation. Powered by spite and divide and conquer tactics among societal groups.

There's nothing you won't post or say. Thin on facts and heavy on bluster. Always telling people how clever you are just like the Donald. Very stable geniuses. And not angry in the least dude.

Well firstly, you do not have to experience at first hand to realise collusion to murder innocent civilians by a government, it's security forces, and paramilitaries to know it is inherently wrong, and it would inevitably end up with a backlash, and secondly you know absolutely nothing about me, where I'm from, and whether or not I have first hand experience in any of the above.

How do you know I don’t know, I have you well sussed.

Blanch making out like he's Special Branch now.

I'm sure you have the nuclear codes and all Jason Bourne.

What a calamitously embarrassing poster.

How do you know I don’t know, I have you well sussed.

A bit creepy and sinister that ^

• Advertisement

A bit creepy and sinister that ^

Sinister fringe. The B.O.Ts need a day off; they're losing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement