Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Any explanation for your thinking that SF and the DUP have caused most issues on the island with Covid?

You seemed to drop it when everyone pissed themselves laughing at you

I never expressed that opinion, just more twisting on your part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    I never expressed that opinion, just more twisting on your part.

Did you not nó?

""The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools."

Did you not nó?

""The SF/DUP government is putting the whole island at risk. They can't seem to make any decisions. When they do, they are a week behind the rest of the island. Incompetent fools."
    Any explanation for your thinking that SF and the DUP have caused most issues on the island with Covid?

You seemed to drop it when everyone pissed themselves laughing at you

If you can't see the difference between the two sentences, that is not my problem.

Has the SF/DUP government handled the Covid-19 crisis much worse than the various Irish governments? Undoubtedly.

Does that put the whole island at risk? Yes, of course it does.

Does that mean the SF/DUP government have casued most issues on the island with Covid-19? Absolutely not, because most issues have been caused by people not obeying the rules.

I think you were a little premature in getting excited over one of my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

smurgen wrote: »
    I'm sure him being a landlord had no interference at all on his advice against the ban on rent increases and evictions lol.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1310180877624803328?s=19

That's just ridiculous. How does someone get to a position like AG and not know when they've a vested interest which should be declared? :rolleyes:

If you can't see the difference between the two sentences, that is not my problem.

Has the SF/DUP government handled the Covid-19 crisis much worse than the various Irish governments? Undoubtedly.

Does that mean the SF/DUP government have casued most issues on the island with Covid-19? Absolutely not, because most issues have been caused by people not obeying the rules.

I'd say the Irish Govt have caused serious issues on the island too, Still no proper testing and tracing, still not enough ICU beds, ****ed up re-opening of the country, Golfgate, Still no control of airports or ferry terminals, trying to close down the Dáil cause of 1 suspected case which is not the procedure in everyone else's workplace, cutting the PUP payment which they now seem like they will swap back (How many U turns is that now) No fines or convictions for people who break rules, something the North are well on top of.

• Advertisement

I'd say the Irish Govt have caused serious issues on the island too, Still no proper testing and tracing, still not enough ICU beds, ****ed up re-opening of the country, Golfgate, Still no control of airports or ferry terminals, trying to close down the Dáil cause of 1 suspected case which is not the procedure in everyone else's workplace, cutting the PUP payment which they now seem like they will swap back (How many U turns is that now) No fines or convictions for people who break rules, something the North are well on top of.

I will just address a couple of these

The travel restrictions into Northern Ireland are much less than the travel restrictions into Ireland.
    Golfgate is small compared to the farce of the fake funeral.
    There is no PUP payment in the Northern Ireland comparable to the generous one in Ireland
    Testing capacity in Ireland is greater per 100,000 population than in Northern Ireland and much more testing has been carried out.
    Depending on which statistic you rely on, ICU bed capacity is similar or greater in Ireland than Northern Ireland adjusted for population.
    Shutting down a parliament for half a day for a potential positive case is better than shutting it down for three years over a Languages Act.

As I said the record of the SF/DUP government on Covid-19 is far worse than the various Irish governments.

I will just address a couple of these

The travel restrictions into Northern Ireland are much less than the travel restrictions into Ireland.
    Golfgate is small compared to the farce of the fake funeral.
    There is no PUP payment in the Northern Ireland comparable to the generous one in Ireland
    Testing capacity in Ireland is greater per 100,000 population than in Northern Ireland and much more testing has been carried out.
    Depending on which statistic you rely on, ICU bed capacity is similar or greater in Ireland than Northern Ireland adjusted for population.
    Shutting down a parliament for half a day for a potential positive case is better than shutting it down for three years over a Languages Act.

As I said the record of the SF/DUP government on Covid-19 is far worse than the various Irish governments.

Why not compare us to a similar sized country like Denmark?

Our Govt have ****ed up with Covid.

There is no restrictions in airports, I travelled abroad twice (Green List Country Poland qnd to visit a relative in Portugal) I done what was asked when I came home, but I was under no obligation too and never received 1 phone call to follow up on where I was staying in Ireland (I did in Poland and Portugal though)

The Govt reduced the PUP payment and as they got it wrong are going to increase it. The UK's Covid pay rates have nothing to do with payments here (and are controlled by Westminster but sure you knew that)

We don't have adequate ICU beds in the 26 counties, again how many beds they have in 6 counties has no affect on us having not enough.

It was shut down in error and reinstated only when MM realised he and his Govt had made a balls of things, again nothing to do with SF/DUP

You can't asw every question with well it's worse up North

Why not compare us to a similar sized country like Denmark?

Our Govt have ****ed up with Covid.

There is no restrictions in airports, I travelled abroad twice (Green List Country Poland qnd to visit a relative in Portugal) I done what was asked when I came home, but I was under no obligation too and never received 1 phone call to follow up on where I was staying in Ireland (I did in Poland and Portugal though)

The Govt reduced the PUP payment and as they got it wrong are going to increase it. The UK's Covid pay rates have nothing to do with payments here (and are controlled by Westminster but sure you knew that)

We don't have adequate ICU beds in the 26 counties, again how many beds they have in 6 counties has no affect on us having not enough.

It was shut down in error and reinstated only when MM realised he and his Govt had made a balls of things, again nothing to do with SF/DUP

You can't asw every question with well it's worse up North

You want to have it both ways, compare us to countries who did it better, so that you can criticise the Irish government, but don't compare us to the North, where the SF/DUP government have been much worse, even though one of those parties wants to be in government here.

The SF/DUP government comparison is the most relevant, as if we have to change our government, we will be getting a government with SF in it. If they are doing a much worse job up North, then the conclusion to be drawn is to be careful what you wish for. Not only that, but the North is the closest to us in terms of culture, society, etc. so makes for a better comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You want to have it both ways, compare us to countries who did it better, so that you can criticise the Irish government, but don't compare us to the North, where the SF/DUP government have been much worse, even though one of those parties wants to be in government here.

The SF/DUP government comparison is the most relevant, as if we have to change our government, we will be getting a government with SF in it. If they are doing a much worse job up North, then the conclusion to be drawn is to be careful what you wish for. Not only that, but the North is the closest to us in terms of culture, society, etc. so makes for a better comparison.

You have just inflated the size of the problems in the north to engage some more in your macabre competition.
    I can just imagine guys like you awaiting the daily figures.

How you can compare a number of party members breaking regulations at a funeral with Golfgate which cost 8 people their positions is bizarre tbh.

Yes just completely ignore the **** ups by FF/FG over the last 6 months.

This is not about SF. This is about the current Govt

• Advertisement

You have just inflated the size of the problems in the north to engage some more in your macabre competition.
    I can just imagine guys like you awaiting the daily figures.

How you can compare a number of party members breaking regulations at a funeral with Golfgate which cost 8 people their positions is bizarre tbh.
    Yes just completely ignore the **** ups by FF/FG over the last 6 months.

This is not about SF. This is about the current Govt

There is absolutely nothing wrong with benchmarking the government's performance against the performance of the other government on this island.

Once again, the SF acolytes are trying to control and limit discussion on here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with benchmarking the government's performance against the performance of the other government on this island.

Once again, the SF acolytes are trying to control and limit discussion on here.

Yes there is a problem when you magnify the issues.

Our government have got some things right and some wrong, like governments everywhere.

What is unique abour you and a select few other posters is that you have broached no criticism of the government here on threads designed to discuss those things

Your mission is in fact to deflect to SF each and every time.

Yes there is a problem when you magnify the issues.

Our government have got some things right and some wrong, like governments everywhere.

What is unique abour you and a select few other posters is that you have broached no criticism of the government here on threads designed to discuss those things

Your mission is in fact to deflect to SF each and every time.

Once again you make it about the poster (with typically false, untrue and misleading comments) rather than about the issue.

You are not able to rebut a single element of substance that I posted so you just go after my motives, says it all about the issue.

Once again you make it about the poster (with typically false, untrue and misleading comments) rather than about the issue.

You are not able to rebut a single element of substance that I posted so you just go after my motives, says it all about the issue.

Substance?

You equated some breaking of guidelines at a funeral with an incident which cost 8 people their positions in various levels across governance with a Supreme Court Judges position still in the balance. :)

That takes some doing.

I did rebut...you inflated or magnified issues to have a pop. Your old tired mantra...SF bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It wasn't a funeral, Francie. The fat sociopath was being whisked across Belfast to be cremated.

The fact that no one from the party resigned or apologised shows yet again that they are not a normal political party. They are the only major political party operating in Europe with links to illegal criminal organisations.

Doesn't even happen in the south of Italy. Worrying times for the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch, a wet day ago you were on here handwaving away any responsibility on FFG for anything to do with covid numbers, and insisted that covid - and our success or failures in dealing with it was down to irresponsible people and/or businesses.

Next day you were on accusing the dup/SF of taking their eye of the ball and not keeping tabs on their citizens allowing them to potentially spread the virus down here.

One stance completely and utterlt contradicts the other.

It wasn't a funeral, Francie. The fat sociopath was being whisked across Belfast to be cremated.

The fact that no one from the party resigned or apologised shows yet again that they are not a normal political party. They are the only major political party operating in Europe with links to illegal criminal organisations.

Doesn't even happen in the south of Italy. Worrying times for the Republic.

What links?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch, a wet day ago you were on here handwaving away any responsibility on FFG for anything to do with covid numbers, and insisted that covid - and our success or failures in dealing with it was down to irresponsible people and/or businesses.

Next day you were on accusing the dup/SF of taking their eye of the ball and not keeping tabs on their citizens allowing them to potentially spread the virus down here.

One stance completely and utterlt contradicts the other.

I think you missed this where I explained it for those who failed to understand.

What links?

Bobby Storey, Thomas Slab Murphy, Vincent Traynor, Jerry Kelly, Gerry Adams.

Don't play the innocent. Now you might not think anything about supporting a party who has links to serial killers, smugglers, and sex criminals, but it's not up to normal society to just turn a blind eye to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

B.O.Ts gonna bot McMurphy. I can feel the sweat on their brow as they desperately log in an out of their multis trying to cobble together a post that has a semblance of coherency and credibility.

I said it before, the longer this government goes on, the more likely we'll see one of them snap on here one of the days.

Their contributions have bordered on parody at some stages. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was some sort of Avant Garde performance piece for a final year fine arts student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Auld square head getting a bit of flack over the escape tweet.

Mary Lou of course seem to think there was only celebrating facts.

No responsibility for people killed.

Seemed to think there wasn’t a problem.

And people wonder why that lot are not in power........couldn’t make it.

Gerry 'Killey' Kelly is it, Brendan?

Sure what would you expect from a pig only a grunt? In fairness it wasn't Kelly who shot the prison officer who died. He did shoot a prison officer in the head, but he survived. A vegetable, but alive never the less.

Don't play the innocent. Now you might not think anything about supporting a party who has links to serial killers, smugglers, and sex criminals, but it's not up to normal society to just turn a blind eye to this.

So no links to criminal organisations there Johnny.

There are people who attached themselves to the IRA...still waiting for these 'links' to criminal organisations that SF have.

Please don't say the IRA. They are not active anymore and are committed to the peace process exactly as they said they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Drew Harris has links to British Intelligence and knowledge of the Glennane gang. Your boys put h on power. Any moral authority over criminality is lost when you gloss over mass murder.

I thought Mary Lou stumped Sara going anywhere with that one Brendi when she said 'there are plenty of events celebrated where people have been hurt or died'.

Did you not like to be reminded of that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think you missed this where I explained it for those who failed to understand.

I didn't miss anything, and your lame attempt to rewrite your own history butters no parsnips as big noonan would say.

You are quite clearly (and literally) saying here that the government in the 26 counties cannot be expected to keep an eye on people and make them adhere to guidelines.
    The virus can only get out of control if ordinary people and ordinary businesses are reckless and careless and don't take personal responsibility for what they do.

The Government can't sit outside the Bridge House Hotel and count the number of people going in together. Neither can they be everywhere at everytime for every time a doorbell rings to check how many people are going into a house. You would need 300,000 gardai to monitor all that.

So it all comes down to personal responsibility. We know that there are around 25% of the population who have a Trump/Johnson/Brexit attitude to everything but the rest of us have to be responsible even when they won't.

Yet here asking if the government in the north not have it's eye on the ball?
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/craigavon-ambulance-staff-test-positive-for-covid-after-golf-trip-39557632.html

"The Belfast Telegraph can reveal that 10 staff members from the Southern Division base tested positive for the virus following a social event — believed to be a golf trip to the Republic — and a further six have had to self-isolate and are unavailable for work."

What were they doing going on a golf trip to the South? Does the government up there not have its eye on the ball?

And again. Not only saying suggesting they're incompetent, but without a shadow of a doubt blaming citizens from the north for "infecting half of Tullamore"
    We might need to close our border because of the worsening situation in the North, thanks to the incompetent government up there.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/24/news/10-ni-ambulance-staff-test-postiive-for-coronavirus-6-more-told-to-isolate-2077041/

These must be the lads that infected half of Tullamore on their golf trip.

Why lie about stuff that is so easily proven to be a lie is beyond me, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you have spent so long here spinning and deflecting since Leo and his buds got their holes handed to them by the Shinners, that you are no longer capable of seperating truth from fiction, or remembering what stance to adopt depending on who you can make look bad.

Tut tut tut. It's kind of pathetic tbh.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I didn't miss anything, and your lame attempt to rewrite your own history butters no parsnips as big noonan would say.

You are quite clearly (and literally) saying here that the government in the 26 counties cannot be expected to keep an eye on people and make them adhere to guidelines.

Yet here asking if the government in the north not have it's eye on the ball?

And again. Not only saying suggesting they're incompetent, but without a shadow of a doubt blaming citizens from the north for "infecting half of Tullamore"

Why lie about stuff that is so easily proven to be a lie is beyond me, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you have spent so long here spinning and deflecting since Leo and his buds got their holes handed to them by the Shinners, that you are no longer capable of seperating truth from fiction, or remembering what stance to adopt depending on who you can make look bad.

Tut tut tut. It's kind of pathetic tbh.

Brilliant Mc, the hypocrisy all in black and white there.

smurgen wrote: »
    Drew Harris has links to British Intelligence and knowledge of the Glennane gang. Your boys put h on power. Any moral authority over criminality is lost when you gloss over mass murder.

I'll need to see some proof that Harris was involved in criminality. Not just 'feelings' and accusations because he was involved in the PSNI.

Your lads are knee deep in murder, smuggling, sexual abuse, and torture. Celebrating the life of a serial killer is the sort of thing SF still like to do.

Completely abnormal party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gerry 'Killey' Kelly is it, Brendan?

Sure what would you expect from a pig only a grunt? In fairness it wasn't Kelly who shot the prison officer who died. He did shoot a prison officer in the head, but he survived. A vegetable, but alive never the less.

Poor lad was stabbed I believe and died of a heart attack with auld square head riding in the front seat of the lorry.

M-L floundering when Sarah put that issue, but of course just powder puff questions coming Sarah and plenty of name checking from M-L, cosy little chat, I’d call it.

• Advertisement

I'll need to see some proof that Harris was involved in criminality. Not just 'feelings' and accusations because he was involved in the PSNI.

Your lads are knee deep in murder, smuggling, sexual abuse, and torture. Celebrating the life of a serial killer is the sort of thing SF still like to do.

Completely abnormal party.

'Knee deep'???? :):) Brilliant. Demands proof about one set of allegations...turns around in the same post and makes an unprovable accusation himself.

The as yet unanswered allegations (there is still a live inquiry) should have been enough to rule Harris out of consideration for the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement