Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Which is it?

There was no choice or Hume took the wrong choice?

The story changes with every post, just so that Sinn Fein can be defended at all costs.

Some had the luxury of choice, others had no choice.

No country is a homogeneous nirvana of people all in the same situation blanch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/police-raid-iras-30m-property-portfolio-317813.html

Reading between the lines of this article, you can see that a softly, softly approach was later taken in respect of this portfolio, but it certainly exposes the lie that this property was only recently acquired and references the link to December 2004.

"An IRA "property portfolio" worth some £30m in domestic and business properties, including hundreds of apartments, is under investigation by the Assets Recovery Agency."

"The IRA was said to have invested in properties and businesses worth millions in both parts of Ireland and overseas, possibly in Bulgaria, and last year it stole £26m in a Belfast bank robbery"

Before you respond, I don't believe the nonsense that SF and the IRA were separate organisations.

"

How did these investigations go?

Awh pet have a day off

Nobotty wrote: »
    I presume since that article is over 15 years old,you can provide us with the results of the investigation.

blanch is desperate for distraction fodder. Go aisy! We could be going back 25 years or more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They have left Blanch alone to fight the Govt's corner today.

Id say he is disgusted that the Green Govt's Minister for Transport has done nothing to stop expressway services to citys around Ireland, meaning more people will have to drive. Eamonn must have been asleep when this was put to him same as the time with his vote in the dail when he wasasleep.

I would say what happened here is when he woke to the question of do you have any objections, he said no def not.

Can be no other explanation

Sorry if thats off topic on the "FF/FG/Green Next Government" thread

Haven't read the details on this, but transport between the major cities is available by rail, if that is the plan, I'm all for it.

Haven't read the details on this, but transport between the major cities is available by rail, if that is the plan, I'm all for it.

Of course these train fares are dearer most of the time but sure hey thats the FF/FG way, cause your leader had no input in this or anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Those damned delicate FG types. Why cant they just get ever themselves and just forget about all the murders bombings and mutilation of children. The miserable stuck up bastards

They have to accept their history and not let it colour their dealing with today's social issues. No point in hiding in the past to dodge the present.

Good man. Keep throwing random vague accusations

TBF, glassing a constituent or elbowing a pensioner is more blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    TBF, glassing a constituent or elbowing a pensioner is more blue.

I suppose at least it isn’t murdering someone. You know. Why’ll we are playing that game.

Oh dear. Michael gets asked a question about Unity Unit and goes into rant about the Shinners. :)

'FF enabled you to give up the gun'. That'll encourage a big rush back to FF. :)

I suppose at least it isn’t murdering someone. You know. Why’ll we are playing that game.

Like the Blueshirts? Bad bastards them

• Advertisement

Like the FG, SF and FF's affiliates use to.
    It was suggested FG were white collar. A poster inferred it was baseless, I stated they were capable of blue and gave examples.
    You feel free to change the topic if it's too close to the bone.

FG Councillor O'Leary still holds a torch for them.

FG Councillor O'Leary still holds a torch for them.

That's the type of characters in FG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any bomb makers in their ranks?

Any bomb makers in their ranks?

I don't know, I wouldn't know any bomb makers but ya never know they could have had bomb makers in their ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wants loadsa money!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Like the FG, SF and FF's affiliates use to.
    It was suggested FG were white collar. A poster inferred it was baseless, I stated they were capable of blue and gave examples.
    You feel free to change the topic if it's too close to the bone.

Or drew Harris and his murky links to loyalist paramilitaries. Shadowy links!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Hard to beat the last couple of pages for dishonest Sinn Fein disinformation and Trumpy propaganda.

FG need to send somebody better than Jennifer O'Connell out against Pearse Doherty...he destroyed her ill-informed comments there on the Tonight show and even when she tried the distraction mambo at the end in a futile effort to score a point.

Hard to beat the last couple of pages for dishonest Sinn Fein disinformation and Trumpy propaganda.

Parnell Square must be worried about something to have them all running around scraping barrels of **** out.

• Advertisement

Parnell Square must be worried about something to have them all running around scraping barrels of **** out.

Says the poster who pulled a 15 year old newspaper article out of the ether today. :D:D:D

Says the poster who pulled a 15 year old newspaper article out of the ether today. :D:D:D

While discussing something that happened sixteen years ago, it was appropriate. Epic fail on your part if you didn’t understand the context.

While discussing something that happened sixteen years ago, it was appropriate. Epic fail on your part if you didn’t understand the context.

I'd have called it flailing around desperately for a distraction myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If it's OK to refer to FG as the Blueshirts is it OK to refer to SF as Hitler's Fellow-travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

FG need to send somebody better than Jennifer O'Connell out against Pearse Doherty...he destroyed her ill-informed comments there on the Tonight show and even when she tried the distraction mambo at the end in a futile effort to score a point.

Can't say I know much at all about O'Connell but she must be brutal if she is getting destroyed by Pearse Doherty of all people given his terrible track record?

feargale wrote: »
    If it's OK to refer to FG as the Blueshirts is it OK to refer to SF as Hitler's Fellow-travellers?

If you wish freedom of speech means you can go ahead. FG just say Sinn Féin IRA when the IRA no longer exsist so I will refer to FG as the Blueshirts as we don't seem to be leaving the past behind any of the parties (or is it meant to just be SFs past that can be critized)

Leo even has Mickey Martin doing it now too, it's comical to watch.
    He hasn't answered 1 question by Mary Lou in the Dáil without having a personal swipe at Mary Lou or s swipe at Sinn Féin. It's embarrassing to be fair

christy c wrote: »
    Can't say I know much at all about O'Connell but she must be brutal if she is getting destroyed by Pearse Doherty of all people given his terrible track record?

Well any FGer stupid enough not to have simple facts was gonna get mauled and she was. Then she tried the insinuation tack and got mauled on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If you wish freedom of speech means you can go ahead. FG just say Sinn Féin IRA when the IRA no longer exsist so I will refer to FG as the Blueshirts as we don't seem to be leaving the past behind any of the parties (or is it meant to just be SFs past that can be critized)

Leo even has Mickey Martin doing it now too, it's comical to watch.
    He hasn't answered 1 question by Mary Lou in the Dáil without having a personal swipe at Mary Lou or s swipe at Sinn Féin. It's embarrassing to be fair

In other words we should stay silent about atrocities in the last 30 years of the 20th century ("the past") - while Adolf's fellow-travellers bang on about the Blueshirts, the Black and Tans ( recently invited out near Dromoland) the Famine, Cromwell, the 800 years of oppression FFS.
    No. You just keep banging on about the Blueshirts. And let us talk about Hitler's pals. Draw a line in the sand where it suits? Nice work if you can get it.

feargale wrote: »
    In other words we should stay silent about atrocities in the last 30 years of the 20th century ("the past") - while Adolf's fellow-travellers bang on about the Blueshirts, the Black and Tans ( recently invited out near Dromoland) the Famine, Cromwell, the 800 years of oppression FFS.
    No. You just keep banging on about the Blueshirts. And let us talk about Hitler's pals. Draw a line in the sand where it suits? Nice work if you can get it.

I said if people keep referring to SFs past in every 2nd post, il refer to FGs past in every 2nd post.

We are in this together sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

christy c wrote: »

You can tell someone has a poltical taint when you read something like this. You don't have to like SF to admit Doherty is one of the more formidable frontbenchers in Dáil Éireann.

He p*sses off Fine Gaelers precisely because he gets so many shots on target. Not just that, but he has a very good record in producing alternative legislation for consideration to the house, and that really gets on the government's wick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement