Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    While discussing something that happened sixteen years ago, it was appropriate. Epic fail on your part if you didn’t understand the context.

This is the interesting part I suppose. Considering:
    "An IRA "property portfolio" worth some £30m in domestic and business properties, including hundreds of apartments, is under investigation by the Assets Recovery Agency."

It's been sixteen years since this "investigation by the Asserts Recovery Agency" - what did the investigation uncover blanch?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yurt! wrote: »
    You can tell someone has a poltical taint when you read something like this. You don't have to like SF to admit Doherty is one of the more formidable frontbenchers in Dáil Éireann.

He p*sses off Fine Gaelers precisely because he gets so many shots on target. Not just that, but he has a very good record in producing alternative legislation for consideration to the house, and that really gets on the government's wick.

“Formidable” and “Doherty” don’t match R.P.. complete chancer.

FG need to send somebody better than Jennifer O'Connell out against Pearse Doherty...he destroyed her ill-informed comments there on the Tonight show and even when she tried the distraction mambo at the end in a futile effort to score a point.

Did you mean Jennifer Caroll MacNeill?

Didn't get to watch it last night, and doesn't look to be on the virgin player just yet, but she's the epitome of why FG lost the last election, she's got nothing of any note at all to offer except "but sure Sinn Fein" from any interview I've ever seen.

A particularly unpleasant and unlikeable character, you get the impression if she could cock her leg high enough, she'd take a dump on some folks heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

“Formidable” and “Doherty” don’t match R.P.. complete chancer.

If he's not formidable, what are you so concerned about him and why does he live in Fine Gaelers heads?

The clever boys and girls in FG like Carroll MacNeill should have no problem returning serve. Maybe they're out of sorts, or maybe they're not half as clever as you're making out.

McMurphy wrote: »

Didn't get to watch it last night, and doesn't look to be on the virgin player just yet, but she's the epitome of why FG lost the last election, she's got nothing of any note at all to offer except "but sure Sinn Fein" from any interview I've ever seen.

A particularly unpleasant and unlikeable character, you get the impression if she could cock her leg high enough, she'd take a dump on some folks heads.

Most unusual ‘analogy’ it has to be said.

Seems if you believe your character description of her, she’d be perfect Shinner material.

• Advertisement

As I was saying.....
    But she's the epitome of why FG lost the last election, she's got nothing of any note at all to offer except "but sure Sinn Fein" from any interview I've ever seen.

Seems if you believe your character description of her, she’d be perfect Shinner material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Yurt! wrote: »
    You can tell someone has a poltical taint when you read something like this. You don't have to like SF to admit Doherty is one of the more formidable frontbenchers in Dáil Éireann.

He p*sses off Fine Gaelers precisely because he gets so many shots on target. Not just that, but he has a very good record in producing alternative legislation for consideration to the house, and that really gets on the government's wick.

Not formidable at all, very good at soundbites but little substance. I'm blue in the face saying it but look at the ape wanting to spend Apple's money, potentially one of the most damaging decisions economically thus year if he had been in a position to implement it. Ff and FG for all their faults at least had the little bit of cop on needed to ignore him.

And don't forget the lovely sign he had printed up for the election about reducing the pension age, lapped up by the usual suspects here. Although in fairness, he seems to have dropped that one now (possibly after a conversation with someone in senior infants?).

A dangerous idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

FG need to send somebody better than Jennifer O'Connell out against Pearse Doherty...he destroyed her ill-informed comments there on the Tonight show and even when she tried the distraction mambo at the end in a futile effort to score a point.

That wasn’t Jennifer, dude. Jen O’Connell is a hack for the Times. All those FG women are the same, eh?

christy c wrote: »
    Not formidable at all, very good at soundbites but little substance. I'm blue in the face saying it but look at the ape wanting to spend Apple's money, potentially one of the most damaging decisions economically thus year if he had been in a position to implement it. Ff and FG for all their faults at least had the little bit of cop on needed to ignore him.

And don't forget the lovely sign he had printed up for the election about reducing the pension age, lapped up by the usual suspects here. Although in fairness, he seems to have dropped that one now (possibly after a conversation with someone in senior infants?).

A dangerous idiot.

Doherty is a profoundly stupid man. SF’s more vocal online supporter base seem to like him as he does a good line of breathless indignation. He has a very poor grasp of detail, mistakes fake outrage for passion in himself, and also gave a eulogy at the funeral of a psychopath in Belfast during lockdown.

A deeply flawed character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »

Jesus, very insightful. Oatabix spoiled.
    Good level of debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That wasn’t Jennifer, dude. Jen O’Connell is a hack for the Times. All those FG women are the same, eh?

Fair enough.
    She isnt of much substance tbh...male or female.

Filleted by a better informed opponent. Then tried the snide insinuation distraction mambo stuff and got filleted some more.

Doherty is a profoundly stupid man. SF’s more vocal online supporter base seem to like him as he does a good line of breathless indignation. He has a very poor grasp of detail, mistakes fake outrage for passion in himself, and also gave a eulogy at the funeral of a psychopath in Belfast during lockdown.

That’s being kind John......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A dangerous idiot.

Getting personal calling someone an Ape, when trying to have a debate is what seems to be the level FG and FF are at with SF.

The first proper opposition and the 2 former big parties can't deal and don't seem to be able to cope either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Pearse demolishing FG loudmouths and Leo the fifth pivoting like the lump he is copying his homework on insurance. No one the usual suspects are in here all pent up and angry. The Irish trumpers are a sight to be hold.

Fair enough.
    She isnt of much substance tbh...male or female.

Filleted by a better informed opponent. Then tried the snide insinuation distraction mambo stuff and got filleted some more.

So you watched a debate on Tv and didn’t even pick up the name of one of the people involved?Might be stretching yourself a bit thin with the old current affairs stuff, Francie. I doubt you’d have made the same mistake if it was a man that Doherty was up against.

Getting personal calling someone an Ape, when trying to have a debate is what seems to be the level FG and FF are at with SF.

The first proper opposition and the 2 former big parties can't deal and don't seem to be able to cope either.

Well I thought an ape was the best summation of his completely stupid actions over the years, although I agree i could have phrased it better.

I find this particular bitchiness funny tbh.They have never forgiven Doherty for embarrasing Noonan over the fiscal space.

He will forever be characterised as an idiot for that. I find him very well prepared and he is a politician who doesn't stoop into the gutter when he is under pressure. His gutting of O'Carroll was text book stuff, he gave her the rope and she took it.

smurgen wrote: »
    Pearse demolishing FG loudmouths and Leo the fifth pivoting like the lump he is copying his homework on insurance. No one the usual suspects are in here all pent up and angry. The Irish trumpers are a sight to be hold.

Speaking about Leo the fifth and then referring to other posters as trumpers. I see your self awareness hasn't improved.

In fairness Doherty never actually gutted anyone. Not like some of the SF members of the assembly.....

If he's stupid what's Leo the lump? Buddy to John Delayney. Didn't have a clue of D’Arcy, oining the Irish Association of Investment Managers

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/leo-varadkar-john-delaney-shouldn-t-have-to-resign-over-unusual-loan-1.3833023?mode=amp#.X2jVlkU7HHU.twitter

• Advertisement

So you watched a debate on Tv and didn’t even pick up the name of one of the people involved?Might be stretching yourself a bit thin with the old current affairs stuff, Francie. I doubt you’d have made the same mistake if it was a man that Doherty was up against.

Ah that's a bit desperate Johnny. She isn't a memorable person tbh, man or woman.

I love the idea that the current Government couldn’t do anything about insurance reform just because Doherty had a good day of fake indignation at a committee meeting a few years back.

It’s proper Shinnerlogic and shows they don’t even know how legislation gets drafted. Stick to the Wolfe Tones playlists lads, and leave the running of the country to parties who actually recognise the legitimacy of the place.

I find this particular bitchiness funny tbh.They have never forgiven Doherty for embarrasing Noonan over the fiscal space.

He will forever be characterised as an idiot for that. I find him very well prepared and he is a politician who doesn't stoop into the gutter when he is under pressure. His gutting of O'Carroll was text book stuff, he gave her the rope and she took it.

Good that you find it funny because if you are referring to me then it is your imagination.

Nothing to do with fiscal space, its to do with the breath taking nonsense he has come out with time and again. And the tactic of yourself and other SF fans seems to be to just ignore it and hope it goes away. I'll wait to see how you twist reducing the pension age and spending money that doesn't belong to us as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

smurgen wrote: »

This is the long and the short of it. FG don't know how to take an L with dignity no matter what the scoreline after 90 mins.

They should sleep on it and resolve to be a less sh*t version of themselves, as they've a long season ahead of them.

A deeply flawed character lol. Can't even stand up for himself. No character. All about the money with Leo the Fifth.

https://twitter.com/PatrickMehone/status/1263872978179239938?s=19

Good that you find it funny because if you are referring to me then it is your imagination.

Nothing to do with fiscal space, its to do with the breath taking nonsense he has come out with time and again. And the tactic of yourself and other SF fans seems to be to just ignore it and hope it goes away. I'll wait to see how you twist reducing the pension age and spending money that doesn't belong to us as good.

You'd be taken seriously as impartial christy if you criticised other financial policy you thought silly that was actually implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I'm getting in on the level of this debate.
    If Marylou can remember or do the macarena then how could she possibly run this country.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSum9r6T/

Maybe Pearse would be good at that.

Donegal partied while Pearse was asleep.

What is the first thing he does, correct, call for more money for those who facilitated the outbreak.

Doesn’t believe in upsetting the locals, does the bould Pearse.

Tough decisions ..nah mate.... spend the Apple money......

Then when that’s gone start ‘calling’ for more.....

Complete joke.

You'd be taken seriously as impartial christy if you criticised other financial policy you thought silly that was actually implemented.

Doesn't bother me if SF fans don't think I'm impartial. And anyway I'm not, I despise SF for the braindead nonsense they have come out with time and again.

• Advertisement

Donegal partied while Pearse was asleep.

What is the first thing he does, correct, call for more money for those who facilitated the outbreak.

Doesn’t believe in upsetting the locals, does the bould Pearse.

Tough decisions ..nah mate.... spend the Apple money......

Then when that’s gone start ‘calling’ for more.....

Complete joke.

That's when Jennifer got embarrassed the most last night, when she tried that tack. She got hit with a list of what other countries were doing and how that was designed to stimulate the economy all around. She had no answer.
    Also pointed out what all border dwellers know - that the border works both ways. Blanch's contention that it was the north that was endangering the south was also thrown out with the fact that several areas of Donegal had higher levels of Covid than the north.

You are struggling Brendi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement