Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me if SF fans don't think I'm impartial. And anyway I'm not, I despise SF for the braindead nonsense they have come out with time and again.

We'd have some fun compiling a list of 'braindead' policies over the years christy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

smurgen wrote: »
    A deeply flawed character lol. Can't even stand up for himself. No character. All about the money with Leo the Fifth.

https://twitter.com/PatrickMehone/status/1263872978179239938?s=19
    You just called gay men and women over the decades deeply flawed
    This is grossly offensive dirty abuse
    As someone who campaigned in that referendum, most of us knew what politicians had to do for decades right up until a referendum was called in order to maintain their position of quietly getting on with things in the closet
    Whats maddening aswell about trotting out that is,we are trying to argue that politicians should provide what the public want and not the politicians private agendas (eg Sen Darcy) yet here we are with a poster pulling out this randomly for the sake of it
    Cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

We'd have some fun compiling a list of 'braindead' policies over the years christy!

Plenty of them no doubt, but not much point compiling them if you just stick your head in the sand when it comes to SF ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://twitter.com/SMacB/status/1310991567117783041?s=19

How do these characters not get called ou lt on this by the mainstream media. Shambolic country

Plenty of them no doubt, but not much point compiling them if you just stick your head in the sand when it comes to SF ones.

Afraid you cannot hook me on that one christy.

On record as saying that I think SF are ready to share governance not to rule on their own.

I think we have such a dismal line-up in economic competence across the political spectrum that none of them are capable or should be allowed to govern alone. One tempers the other or coalition, as it is called beckons for quite some time I fear.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/SMacB/status/1310991567117783041?s=19

How do these characters not get called ou lt on this by the mainstream media. Shambolic country

A bit like Leo called out SF for handing out food parcels...almost instantly people were posting pics of Eoghan Murphy actually using 'handing out parcels' as a photo op. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That's when Jennifer got embarrassed the most last night, when she tried that tack. She got hit with a list of what other countries were doing and how that was designed to stimulate the economy all around. She had no answer.
    Also pointed out what all border dwellers know - that the border works both ways. Blanch's contention that it was the north that was endangering the south was also thrown out with the fact that several areas of Donegal had higher levels of Covid than the north.

You are struggling Brendi.

Nonsense again. Earlier this week, one of the daily case counts in Northern Ireland was higher than the daily count in Ireland, despite it only being one-third of the population. Record numbers of cases in Northern Ireland at the moment and consistently worrying trends. Pearse would be better off getting on to Michelle to sort things out rather than complaining about the Dublin government.

On record as saying that I think SF are ready to share governance not to rule on their own.

I think we have such a dismal line-up in economic competence across the political spectrum that none of them are capable or should be allowed to govern alone. One tempers the other or coalition, as it is called beckons for quite some time I fear.

Yes I most certainly can hook you, you are still waiting for the Apple tax to be over, despite it being abundantly clear that it was exceptionally stupid to want to spend it only a few short months ago. Also don't remember reading your comments on SF and others wanting to reduce the pension age despite the looming time bomb.

I do agree that we have dismal economic competence, some worse than others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A bit like Leo called out SF for handing out food parcels...almost instantly people were posting pics of Eoghan Murphy actually using 'handing out parcels' as a photo op. :)

One was meals on wheels. The other was the government handing out food to families in danger of food poverty in one of the most socially and economically disadvantaged places in Western Europe. Northern Ireland. A basket case partly overseen by SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Donegal partied while Pearse was asleep.

What is the first thing he does, correct, call for more money for those who facilitated the outbreak.

Doesn’t believe in upsetting the locals, does the bould Pearse.

Tough decisions ..nah mate.... spend the Apple money......

Then when that’s gone start ‘calling’ for more.....

Complete joke.

Sure the European big boys are going after the apple money again big boy. Oh and sure didn't Leo have lovely cans in the park and a shin dig before he left. Bold Leo!

• Advertisement

Yes I most certainly can hook you, you are still waiting for the Apple tax to be over, despite it being abundantly clear that it was exceptionally stupid to want to spend it only a few short months ago. Also don't remember reading your comments on SF and others wanting to reduce the pension age despite the looming time bomb.

I do agree that we have dismal economic competence, some worse than others though.

That's because the jury is still out on the Apple money christy and the not insignificant fact that the Irish government are aiding Apple in appealing this.
    We will talk on it when the case is over.

Regarding pensions...the honest answer on that (and I haven't taken anybody's side on it) is that I don't know. I haven't paid it much attention...mea culpa.

Economic competence is like learning to drive a tractor...you can do the theory all you want but experience out in the field becomes essential after a while. I think a spell in government is what SF now need. I am long since convinced(just by reviewing the last 20 years) that they'll be no better and no worse than what we have.

One was meals on wheels. The other was the government handing out food to families in danger of food poverty in one of the most socially and economically disadvantaged places in Western Europe. Northern Ireland. A basket case partly overseen by SF.

Eoghan standing posing for the cameras with his food parcels :):) posted all over social media minutes after Leo had a hissy fit about the dastardly Shinners using handng out food parcels for self publicity.

Cringe Johnny...cringe. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Cast an eye at the GPO some evening. Volunteer groups keeping the homeless fed in Fine Gael's Ireland.

An ugly post I've quoted truth be told.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nonsense again. Earlier this week, one of the daily case counts in Northern Ireland was higher than the daily count in Ireland, despite it only being one-third of the population. Record numbers of cases in Northern Ireland at the moment and consistently worrying trends. Pearse would be better off getting on to Michelle to sort things out rather than complaining about the Dublin government.

Still prepared to embarrass yourself on that one blanch...ah well. Our capital city on level 3 lockdown, 3 counties just after being in lockdown and one still on level 3 lockdown. Add to that a host of regulation breaking by everyone from teenagers to EU commissioners...yet it's Michellle in blanch's crosshairs.

You couldn't write it tbh.

Leaders Questions

Mary Lou, What did you have for breakfast
    Martin, Hey you only for me, Sinn Féin wouldn't have breakfast and we need a enquiry into cereal been sold abroad.
    Mary Lou, I only asked what you had for breakfast
    Martin, Don't you talk to me like that, your party is a disgrace you gave out my mates went on the piss and you had the cheek to go to a funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's because the jury is still out on the Apple money christy and the not insignificant fact that the Irish government are aiding Apple in appealing this.
    We will talk on it when the case is over.

Regarding pensions...the honest answer on that (and I haven't taken anybody's side on it) is that I don't know. I haven't paid it much attention...mea culpa.

Economic competence is like learning to drive a tractor...you can do the theory all you want but experience out in the field becomes essential after a while. I think a spell in government is what SF now need. I am long since convinced(just by reviewing the last 20 years) that they'll be no better and no worse than what we have.

How much would you be willing to put on the appeal by the EU succeeding? Anyway you could still comment on wanting to spend money that was in escrow, it was put in their for a reason which Pearse ignored.

Well if you dont know about pensions, it would be useful for you to have a read rather than plead ignorance. Wouldn't take very long to see the scale of the problem.

Problem with letting them have a turn on the tractor is that they have been demanding that the current driver to steer towards the drain and accelerate. So they haven't made a very good case (no pun intended!) for getting behind the wheel. If you dont understand the pension issue for example, I could see why you think we would not be worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Uhmm..... lot of anger building up.

The bile spreading earlyish...

The Bren might stay clear for a bit...

Uhmm..... lot of anger building up.

The bile spreading earlyish...

The Bren might stay clear for a bit...

You can stay gone if you want. I doubt you've much to add with your "definitely" "not" "angry" posting record.

Still prepared to embarrass yourself on that one blanch...ah well. Our capital city on level 3 lockdown, 3 counties just after being in lockdown and one still on level 3 lockdown. Add to that a host of regulation breaking by everyone from teenagers to EU commissioners...yet it's Michellle in blanch's crosshairs.

You couldn't write it tbh.

You have just explained the difference Francie, lockdowns in place down here, and the numbers coming under control, free-for-all up North, with the numbers rising dramatically and Michelle running around doing her best impression of Lance-Corporal Jones.

• Advertisement

You have just explained the difference Francie, lockdowns in place down here, and the numbers coming under control, free-for-all up North, with the numbers rising dramatically and Michelle running around doing her best impression of Lance-Corporal Jones.

That the best you can do blanch?

Would we need level 3 lockdowns if we were getting it right...no, we wouldn't. As Doherty explained to the equally hapless Jennifer, that's not how this virus works.

Keep the cheap point scoring up against your boogeymen.

Eh hey have stricter restrictions than in the 26

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-regulations-guidance-what-restrictions-mean-you

Why do you post things when you either don't know about or know your wrong

If the numbers are under control why are further counties looking at further restrictions and Dublin have no chance of moving outta 3.57 with a bit of 5 thrown in

w37_38_COVID_subnational_Last_2week.png?itok=MrlKuGyb

Dublin the worst performing reported region on the island as per ecdc data, ahead of NI looking at 14 day case rate.

Nothing to crow about.

Yurt! wrote: »
    w37_38_COVID_subnational_Last_2week.png?itok=MrlKuGyb

Dublin the worst performing reported region on the island as per ecdc data, ahead of NI looking at 14 day case rate.

Nothing to crow about.

Blanch's head reading that "Them ****ing Northerners"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is a "free for all":confused: from here
    Visitors from other households are not allowed indoors in any home - this includes friends, relatives and people from outside of NI.
    Exemptions include a home that has formed a bubble with another household (max of six people indoors); care providers; trades people working in private homes; legal or medical visits; a funeral; someone operating a business from home or in the case of a civil marriage or partnership where one partner is terminally ill and up to 10 people are allowed to attend indoors, not counting kids under 12.

Up to six people can gather outdoors together at a private home from a max of two households, not counting kids under 12. If the homes are in a bubble together, then the most allowed to meet outdoors is 15 people, not counting kids.
    Exemptions apply as a max of six people from two bubbling homes can attend an indoor gathering together. To contain the risk of the virus a household can only be part of one bubble and should maintain strict social distancing with everyone outside the bubble. If anyone in a bubble develops symptoms, everyone must self isolate.
    If you have more than six in your family, you are not breaking the rules - but you can only have six people in one room if a those from a household you are bubbling with visit.

The full list of Coronavirus rules announced in Northern Ireland in the last week

They include:
    • No alcohol or food served after 10.30pm and all customers out by 11pm - no exceptions
    • Pubs, bars, hotels, cafes, social clubs and evening wedding venues must comply
    • Six people max from no more than two households can share a table, with children under 12 not counted
    • More than six allowed if from the same home
    • Food and drink are only allowed to be consumed when individuals are seated at a table
    • Apart from entering and leaving premises, the only movement allowed is to access toilet facilities or to select buffet food

You've been taking a right good thrashing lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Togglename

Blanch's head reading that "Them ****ing Northerners"

I wonder does he have strong opinions about Corsica as well?

Somewhere in a parallel universe, JeanBaptisteFlash is on Corsican boards concocting statistics about various French departments he has hang-ups about.

Togglename wrote: »

??

Yurt! wrote: »

Nothing to crow about.

Only because Northern Ireland is considered one region.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »
    This is a "free for all":confused: from here

Those restrictions imposed though after the horse bolted
    Mid Ulster and West Ulster,Rural areas are doing badly
    In the south its following mostly RoW trends,worst in urban areas except close to the North
    The antics in Holy Land in Belfast should have been a warning sign for the south to simply stop students going to campus accommodation
    Theyre not there this week to learn, its to party
    Very selfish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement