Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Only because Northern Ireland is considered one region.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

FG description -Single region,overseas . Probably iceland you're looking at lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nobotty wrote: »
    Those restrictions imposed though after the horse bolted
    Mid Ulster and West Ulster,Rural areas are doing badly
    In the south its following mostly RoW trends,worst in urban areas except close to the North
    The antics in Holy Land in Belfast should have been a warning sign for the south to simply stop students going to campus accommodation
    Theyre not there this week to learn, its to party
    Very selfish

You think the localised lockdowns imposed here, firstly with KLO then Dublin/Donegal weren't after the "horse had bolted"?

I'd go a step further, Ireland only started imposing certain restrictions at all "after the horse had bolted" see nursing homes for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    You think the localised lockdowns imposed here, firstly with KLO then Dublin/Donegal weren't after the "horse had bolted"?

I'd go a step further, Ireland only started imposing certain restrictions at all "after the horse had bolted" see nursing homes for example.

Honest to god...the absolute rubbish these guys are talking has to be read to be believed.

Honest to god...the absolute rubbish these guys are talking has to be read to be believed.

The response to increase in numbers anywhere is in itself "after the horse had bolted" sure even in Wuhan they initiated restrictions after the horse had bolted.

If no increase in numbers - you don't impose further restrictions.

That's some flawed logic if ever I heard it.

• Advertisement

Couldn’t agree more. Ye’re going round and round in circles, trotting out the same rubbish page after page after page after page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"You know those viewership numbers are fake Ron Burgundy; they don't take into account houses with two television sets...and other things of that nature."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »

I think only Dublin was after the horse was bolted
    Klo worked and Donegal will
    Much bigger decision in Dublin as its almost the whole population of the North scrunched in one place and most of the countries income
    Nursing homes were a problem everywhere
    So were meat factories
    Both patched up but I fear if people don't cop on,sheer numbers will mean vulnerable people will die again because the more have it,the higher the risk it spreads
    Its a people problem
    But as usual in this thread,same 5 or 6 at it blaming each others parties

Much bigger decision in Dublin as its almost the whole population of the North scrunched in one place and most of the countries income
    So were meat factories
    Both patched up but I fear if people don't cop on,sheer numbers will mean vulnerable people will die again because the more have it,the higher the risk it spreads
    Its a people problem
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0609/1146441-raw-sewage-covid/ This is an interesting article.

So were meat factories
    Its a people problem

You got caught out trying to validate the macabre competition blanch wants to engage in.

I am not 'blaming' anyone. The 'usual' crew who also engage in pulling out selective victims of the conflict/war here are again doing it, in relation to COvid.

And the sick selectivity has one purpose...get SF.

• Advertisement

You got caught out trying to validate the macabre competition blanch wants to engage in.

I am not 'blaming' anyone. The 'usual' crew who also engage in pulling out selective victims of the conflict/war here are again doing it, in relation to COvid.

And the sick selectivity has one purpose...get SF.

ah now its as much get the others
    You're all at it
    Tit for tat
    Its like an elephants telling off giraffes here for being too tall
    Impossible for one or the other to stop the outrage competitions

ah now its as much get the others
    You're all at it
    Tit for tat
    Its like an elephants telling off giraffes here for being too tall
    Impossible for one or the other to stop the outrage competitions

And you pretend you aren't up to your oxters in it too.

These threads are for discussion of the rights and wrongs of government policy and action.

When you wade into them, what exactly were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

14-day cases per 100,000:

NI: 144.9
    ROI: 88.2 (yesterday)

Derry City & Strabane: 357.7
    Belfast: 204.0
    Donegal: 191.0
    Newry: 185.5
    Dublin: 160.3
    Mid Ulster: 132.5
    Armagh City: 123.0

Case numbers in Northern Ireland are growing at a worrying rate.

When you wade into them, what exactly were you expecting?

Not this anyway:D

For people on here who say they dont care about Northern Ireland, Foreign Land etc

They dont stop fecking talking about it

So were meat factories
    Its a people problem

I'm not trying to blame anyone - I just corrected blanch (who actually was though) you rowed in with a silly comment, I highlighted how it was silly.

That's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

14-day cases per 100,000:

NI: 144.9
    ROI: 88.2 (yesterday)

Derry City & Strabane: 357.7
    Belfast: 204.0
    Donegal: 191.0
    Newry: 185.5
    Dublin: 160.3
    Mid Ulster: 132.5
    Armagh City: 123.0

Case numbers in Northern Ireland are growing at a worrying rate.

Not surprised at those statistics.
    Not surprised that the usual suspects are trying to shout it down.

Not this anyway:D

Well instead of trying to validate the persistent and pathetic attempts of one poster to divert the thread to his nemesis why don't you espouse your views on how the thread subjects are getting on?

Maybe somebody will debate you on that.

Well instead of trying to validate the persistent and pathetic attempts of one poster to divert the thread to his nemesis why don't you espouse your views on how the thread subjects are getting on?

Maybe somebody will debate you on that.

I tried but McMurphy said my 1st post today was silly in his 3rd reply to me
    Not exactly encouraging but I'll move on without biting
    Basically would the FG lads stop going on about the north unless its a valid point and would everyone elsetalk critically or otherwise about the government or whatever the thread is on
    Its all very messy and actually hard to wade in
    Its like a closed hate shop at this stage
    Unlikely
    Its too late

So we are at a stage where if anyone has issues with Covid rates getting high in the 26 counties, the response will be look at the North.

• Advertisement

So we are at a stage where if anyone has issues with Covid rates getting high in the 26 counties, the response will be look at the North.

That's where the tit for tat has gone yes
    The north has a problem the south hasn't and thats unionists in government
    Maybe fine Gael lads like Blanch could start by not posting about the north for a month and see if the tit for tat stops,
    I'd be impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Seems to be a standard response from the government and their supporters.

I see Mary Lou has just asked a question about the housing and impact of Covid on housing. She also said that today is the last day of september and it asking where is the governments plans for increasing social housing which they promised would be this month?

Hopefully there will be some reasonable responses to these questions unlike the rubbish from Martin yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

All of the criticism of the Government in this thread is now coming from a few foaming-at-the-mouth rabid Shinners. The funny thing about SF is we can actually see what they might be like in Government themselves as they are in power in Northern Ireland.

So we get them saying one thing down here, and doing another up North.

And then you have all the shady business that other parties don't get up to - Murphy knowing who murdered Paul Quinn; Murphy going to some dude based in Ballymurphy called Ted Howell to get advice on how to proceed with the cash-for-ash thing; former leader Adams being visited by his niece where she accuses her father, Liam Adams, of being a child abuser. Adams then packing his brother over the border where he quickly took up a job working with kids (and later being his brother's election agent), Gerry Kelly being in the pub the night Robert McCartney had his eye popped out and gutted from neck to torso etc.

Not a normal party. Now you lads can continue to support them, but the normal people of Ireland can rightfully point out that your moral compass is hopelessly broken.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1311263567774199808?s=19

His face after she said this was priceless

All of the criticism of the Government in this thread is now coming from a few foaming-at-the-mouth rabid Shinners. The funny thing about SF is we can actually see what they might be like in Government themselves as they are in power in Northern Ireland.

So we get them saying one thing down here, and doing another up North.

And then you have all the shady business that other parties don't get up to - Murphy knowing who murdered Paul Quinn; Murphy going to some dude based in Ballymurphy called Ted Howell to get advice on how to proceed with the cash-for-ash thing; former leader Adams being visited by his niece where she accuses her father, Liam Adams, of being a child abuser. Adams then packing his brother over the border where he quickly took up a job working with kids (and later being his brother's election agent), Gerry Kelly being in the pub the night Robert McCartney had his eye popped out and gutted from neck to torso etc.

Not a normal party. Now you lads can continue to support them, but the normal people of Ireland can rightfully point out that your moral compass is hopelessly broken.

Awh pet, does it bother you that the party you are talking about are the most popular on the island?

People in general don't care about the past, the youth only care for the future and can see they have none under FF/FG so will vote for SF until they can see what SF can deliver apart from sky high rents, out of control health service, homelessness at record levels, banks been put before people.

That's the facts man. Shouting IRA this and that won't change it.

The Taoiseach has confirmed that "Two Errors" have been discovered in the Leaving Cert Calculated Process.

The shambles continues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Affected students to be contacted first in an attempt to buy time and put the best possible spin on it.

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Affected students to be contacted first in an attempt to buy time and put the best possible spin on it.

RTE News reporting 10% of kids have been given the wrong grades. Education Minister next out the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

RTE News reporting 10% of kids have been given the wrong grades. Education Minister next out the door?

O Dear, how's Norma going to explain this? Michael wasn't much help in the Dail, I sense a spare school bus being utilised for Norma to find herself under. When were results awarded exactly? This is just extraordinary

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

FF ministers not really having much luck.

Looks like they are upgrading the fee paying schools marks.

Is it too late given that lectures have begun?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement