Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Heartening to see such concern for the mental health of children from supporters of same people who crippled so many children in punishment beatings. As usual no real concern for ayone but a sickly delight in something going wrong for the government

The church, enabled and supported by successive FF/FG governments has not the grip it use to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nobotty wrote: »
    I'd say now ,being told you're confirmed in your course or that you're getting the one you want would improve mental Health not the other way round

The colleges and universitys have said they have no room or staff for extra places. DKIT's President was on the local radio this morning, saying they have too many students as it is, they cannot cater for more.

What about the people who got their correct points but missed out on colleges cause some people got INFLATED grades?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Their ordeal though for the last year has nothing to do with this glitch
    The glitch has actually worked in their favour
    The student doing biomedical science on morning Ireland this morning who said they'd now qualify for medicine was actually delighted

So a bit of 'I'm alright Jack' and everything will be grand?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    you and your fellow travelers constantly use varadkars sexuality when the news isn't going your way. Its gutter level and homophobic to use his sexuality in such a manner. That coupled with throwing around insults is the mark or your level of 'debate'. Its pretty pathetic.
    Maybe stick to the topics rather than the insults and smears.

Dude, you created an account here using the name of Leo’s partner. Any chance of some self-reflection?

christy c wrote: »
    Agreed, slightly weird though IMO

Whats weird is posters using it and referencing it because FG are getting a hammering in the news.

• Advertisement

Dude, you created an account here using the name of Leo’s partner. Any chance of some self-reflection?

See above. Dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

you and your fellow travelers constantly use varadkars sexuality when the news isn't going your way. Its gutter level and homophobic to use his sexuality in such a manner. That coupled with throwing around insults is the mark or your level of 'debate'. Its pretty pathetic.
    Maybe stick to the topics rather than the insults and smears.

When do I use Varadkar's sexuality? Please provide the quotes. Can't recall having done so unless it was specifically brought up by someone else.

Not sure how many insults I have thrown around but those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

The colleges and universitys have said they have no room or staff for extra places. DKIT's President was on the local radio this morning, saying they have too many students as it is, they cannot cater for more.

What about the people who got their correct points but missed out on colleges cause some people got INFLATED grades?

The solving of your 1st point has not been gotten to yet so I can't criticise the solution untill I see it
    As regards your second,I was just about to post about the people who took a year out last year and who found they lost out because of points gone up
    Should they be given an amnesty ? Yes IMO

Whats weird is posters using it and referencing it because FG are getting a hammering in the news.

I was referring to the allegations of homophobia, and suggested your username was the only thing that could be interpreted as homophobic. Although I didn't think it was IMO. All clear now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I was referring to the allegations of homophobia, and suggested your username was the only thing that could be interpreted as homophobic. Although I didn't think it was IMO. All clear now?

I would judge a poster on having racial or homophobic tendencies based on the contents of their posts, as opposed to their username.

Most people on the site would be unaware of Leo's (I believe ex now?) partner, and am sure just as many would give a shyte anyway, when they eventually became aware.

"Liam Neesons left nut" was obviously holding a grudge against a Hollywood movie stars testicles according to some on here. :pac:

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    I would judge a poster on having racial or homophobic tendencies based on the contents of their posts, as opposed to their username.

Most people on the site would be unaware of Leo's (I believe ex now?) partner, and am sure just as many would give a shyte anyway, when they eventually became aware.

"Liam Neesons left nut" was obviously holding a grudge against a Hollywood movie stars testicles according to some on here. :pac:

Exactly, that's why I said I did not think it was homophobic. At the time I did not know Leo's partner's name but thats neither here nor there.

Don't know what the Liam Neeson thing was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Exactly, that's why I said I did not think it was homophobic. At the time I did not know Leo's partner's name but thats neither here nor there.

Don't know what the Liam Neeson thing was about.

Just demonstrating how usernames can be chosen for numerous reasons, there's not necessarily an underlying sinister meaning behind it.

When do I use Varadkar's sexuality? Please provide the quotes. Can't recall having done so unless it was specifically brought up by someone else.

Not sure how many insults I have thrown around but those in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

Not directed at you which is why I deleted it.

Their ordeal though for the last year has nothing to do with this glitch
    The glitch has actually worked in their favour
    The student doing biomedical science on morning Ireland this morning who said they'd now qualify for medicine was actually delighted

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1311604862535102464?s=19

Places for all was it? As Éamonn Ryan confirmed on leaders Questions, the state will have to pay any bills coming from this, so all the court cases they lose, guess who will pay the bill. Yes us the Taxpayer

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1311604862535102464?s=19

Places for all was it? As Éamonn Ryan confirmed on leaders Questions, the state will have to pay any bills coming from this, so all the court cases they lose, guess who will pay the bill. Yes us the Taxpayer

That's a year wasted for a number of students. Things were difficult with Covid never mind FF/FG* brand incompetence.

*No point in including the Greens IMO.

That's a year wasted for a number of students. Things were difficult with Covid never mind FF/FG* brand incompetence.

A year wasted on the dole, more money us taxpayers will pay

That tweet was at 10 to 11
    The actual minister responsible for Higher education was on the news at one saying different After having spoken to all the University and college heads in a conference call just prior
    He expects a 1000 new places will be needed
    He also said 600 had to be found after rechecks last year
    599 were found
    There doesn't seem to be a limit to the budget for this
    Thats the latest I've heard
    Higher education is a new department I think so Ms Foley doesn't actually have the authority to speak about it,only the route to it,secondary education

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Best line of the day from Peader Toíbín. :)

"Minister, this morning you could nearly hear the collective groan of hundreds of thousands of families as they listened to their morning radio on the latest instalment of this Government's fiasco factory" Aontú leader

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

A year wasted on the dole, more money us taxpayers will pay

Is it dole or social protection?
    A bit of a plop of a statement from a poster professing social needs for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

They've vanished completely the last few weeks, half expect to see missing person pictures on Facebook, last seen loitering around Leinster house

• Advertisement

They've vanished completely the last few weeks, half expect to see missing person pictures on Facebook, last seen loitering around Leinster house

The aul' alarm mightn't have gone off.
    Many would have hoped the Green's would keep FF/FG in check. How disappointing.

Had to admit it under sustained questioning. Shocking really.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1311775552227991554

The aul' alarm mightn't have gone off.
    Many would have hoped the Green's would keep FF/FG in check. How disappointing.

Absolutely deadweights. Wishy washy yes men and women happy to be in the comfy seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

The LC mistakes at least can be forgiven as genuine mistakes, nothing ill-intention. But the lack of Covid clarity cannot. Endless partial lockdowns with no courege to make a big decision, ruining people's lives for years. This should never be forgiven.

The_Brood wrote: »
    The LC mistakes at least can be forgiven as genuine mistakes, nothing ill-intention. But the lack of Covid clarity cannot. Endless partial lockdowns with no courege to make a big decision, ruining people's lives for years. This should never be forgiven.

The intent is only questionable when 'our own' are making off it. That said there shouldn't be a pass for honest incompetence.
    Trouble is they want to be seen to heed the advice whilst suiting themselves. Its tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The_Brood wrote: »

The hiring of special advisors laced with journalist hacks is really telling. What's going to happen is big optics management exercise. Imagine they'll put more effort into trying to look good than making an honest effort of it.

Over 900 covid cases in the North today :eek:
    If that's mirrored in the south,it'll be country wide lock down and worse
    Why don't people cop the fook on and stick with it until the spring and the vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Why don't people cop the fook on and stick with it until the spring and the vaccine

No Bott.... It’s Pat you are dealing with here, just remember that.

Doesn’t do compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Did you read what they said?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1002/1168952-covid-northern-ireland/

"Yesterday, First Minister Arlene Foster said any new period of full lockdown in Northern Ireland should only happen as part of a co-ordinated move across the UK.

Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said a lockdown, if it were to be required, should be undertaken across the island of Ireland."

Record number of cases, and the two sectarian parties are trying to score points about the consitutional issues. What idiots.

Northern Ireland is bigger than Latvia, deal with it.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Did you read what they said?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1002/1168952-covid-northern-ireland/

"Yesterday, First Minister Arlene Foster said any new period of full lockdown in Northern Ireland should only happen as part of a co-ordinated move across the UK.

Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said a lockdown, if it were to be required, should be undertaken across the island of Ireland."

Record number of cases, and the two sectarian parties are trying to score points about the consitutional issues. What idiots.

Northern Ireland is bigger than Latvia, deal with it.

Which option is the wisest though on a fricking island. It is ridiculous and dangerous to be trying to safeguard the islands health in this way.
    If we had a government that was in any way brave they would be hammering on tables insisting that an all island approach is taken.

Wise up, before it's too late. It could be us posing a threat to them just as easily. We are a threat to each other and it doesn't have to be that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement