Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Did you read what they said?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1002/1168952-covid-northern-ireland/

"Yesterday, First Minister Arlene Foster said any new period of full lockdown in Northern Ireland should only happen as part of a co-ordinated move across the UK.

Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said a lockdown, if it were to be required, should be undertaken across the island of Ireland."

Record number of cases, and the two sectarian parties are trying to score points about the consitutional issues. What idiots.

Northern Ireland is bigger than Latvia, deal with it.

TBF an in-tandem lockdown on the island is more practical than Derry following Shropshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Flanagan getting some going over on twitter after his comments yesterday. At least he has highlighted the programme now on main stream media

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Floppybits wrote: »
    Flanagan getting some going over on twitter after his comments yesterday. At least he has highlighted the programme now on main stream media

Angry faceless men on Twitter don’t represent public opinion.

Thanks be to Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thanks be to Jesus.

They did when he suggested his state commemoration of the Black & Tans. Leo dropped him like a hot potato and we had the quickest government turnaround I have ever seen in my many years watching.

Thanks be to Jesus.

Just because Leo favours setting up anonymous accounts to spin yarns online doesn't mean they are all fake.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Just because Leo favours setting up anonymous accounts to spin yarns online doesn't mean they are all fake.

Michael now want 'influencers' to take to the internet too. Posh word or Corkonian for 'bots'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Which option is the wisest though on a fricking island. It is ridiculous and dangerous to be trying to safeguard the islands health in this way.
    If we had a government that was in any way brave they would be hammering on tables insisting that an all island approach is taken.

Wise up, before it's too late. It could be us posing a threat to them just as easily. We are a threat to each other and it doesn't have to be that way.
    TBF an in-tandem lockdown on the island is more practical than Derry following Shropshire.

Cultural norms are different in Northern Ireland to those in Ireland. That is an important fact to be considered.

Cultural norms are different in Northern Ireland to those in the rest of the UK, that is another important fact to be considered.

Northern Ireland needed and still needs, measures tailored to its own particular requirements. Both sectarian parties have failed dismally to give it what it needs.

Cultural norms are different in Northern Ireland to those in Ireland. That is an important fact to be considered.

Cultural norms are different in Northern Ireland to those in the rest of the UK, that is another important fact to be considered.

Northern Ireland needed and still needs, measures tailored to its own particular requirements. Both sectarian parties have failed dismally to give it what it needs.

Covid don't recognise 'cultural' anything blanch.

so you think a virus will take alledged cultural norms into account or are you just trying to get a dig in by inferring NI has more in common with the British? Pretty pathetic.

They've not. An all island one makes the most sense. Maybe you have a stance on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

so you think a virus will take alledged cultural norms into account or are you just trying to get a dig in by inferring NI has more in common with the British? Pretty pathetic.

They've not. An all island one makes the most sense. Maybe you have a stance on it?

At the risk of having a post thanked again by the fine gael lad,Foster can't control Sammy and there's half the population of the north being irresponsible
    Sames happening in the south now
    If we don't cop on we are all going to be fooked economically or dead
    No matter what anyone thinks of anyone else,that message needs getting across
    At the risk of losing the fine gael lads thanks vote,SF with the exception of that funeral are and have been very good with the message
    It is that important Please Everyone

• Advertisement

Despite all the deflections, look over there at themuns, this is pretty much how it was. 'Lurching'.

EjZVWTLX0AAAB6f?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Nobotty wrote: »
    At the risk of having a post thanked again by the fine gael lad,Foster can't control Sammy and there's half the population of the north being irresponsible
    Sames happening in the south now
    If we don't cop on we are all going to be fooked economically or dead
    No matter what anyone thinks of anyone else,that message needs getting across
    At the risk of losing the fine gael lads thanks vote,SF with the exception of that funeral are and have been very good with the message
    It is that important Please Everyone

Really????? Mary Lou had her big fat head on the front page a couple of weeks back calling for all pubs to be opened.

Bad as thing are who in Sinn Fein would you like to see calling the shots on anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Truthvader wrote: »
    Really????? Mary Lou had her big fat head on the front page a couple of weeks back calling for all pubs to be opened.

Bad as thing are who in Sinn Fein would you like to see calling the shots on anything?

Nobody is the answer there, TV.

Unless as a taxpayer you want to be cleaned out.

Whats the problem with pubs being open?
    Personal responsibility stops covid,not anything else
    The only reason why pubs are singled out and other freedoms hindered is because of already widespread failures in Personal responsibility causing covid surges leading to drastic blunt instrument decisions having to be taken to enforce social distancing
    No other reason

There are quite a few people in Sinn Féin clued in enough to be involved in government
    There are people less so
    No different in that respect to any other party

Numbers in the North are still a big cause for concern.

It seems that the differences between the two sectarian parties are leading to indecision. Time they both got their act together, put their world views aside and got on with sorting out the country they actually lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Nobotty wrote: »
    Whats the problem with pubs being open?
    Personal responsibility stops covid,not anything else
    The only reason why pubs are singled out and other freedoms hindered is because of already widespread failures in Personal responsibility causing covid surges leading to drastic blunt instrument decisions having to be taken to enforce social distancing
    No other reason

There are quite a few people in Sinn Féin clued in enough to be involved in government
    There are people less so
    No different in that respect to any other party

Sadly if we could rely on personal responsibility the pubs would be open but no-one would be in them - bar Mary Lou and Dessie Ellis.

Cant think of a single member of Sinn Fein I would trust to send down to Tescos for a club orange and a kit kat

It seems that the differences between the two sectarian parties are leading to indecision. Time they both got their act together, put their world views aside and got on with sorting out the country they actually lead.

Are you not concerned about our rising numbers blanch - our health experts most certainly are.
    "The numbers being reported today and over the past week represent a significant escalation in the profile of Covid-19 in Ireland.

Are you not concerned about our rising numbers blanch - our health experts most certainly are.

Of course I am, but the numbers up North are at record levels, and seem out of control. Some stabilisation down here, but that won’t last if the North continues on its current path.

Of course I am, but the numbers up North are at record levels, and seem out of control. Some stabilisation down here, but that won’t last if the North continues on its current path.

They'll do what Offally, Laois Kildare, Donegal and Dublin had to do...tighten restrictions because those places dropped their guard and risked infecting the places around them.

They'll do what Offally, Laois Kildare, Donegal and Dublin had to do...tighten restrictions because those places dropped their guard and risked infecting the places around them.

You have more faith in Michelle and Arlene than I do.

• Advertisement

You have more faith in Michelle and Arlene than I do.

Who are the people of Dublin to 'have faith in'?

Sadly if we could rely on personal responsibility the pubs would be open but no-one would be in them - bar Mary Lou and Dessie Ellis.

Cant think of a single member of Sinn Fein I would trust to send down to Tescos for a club orange and a kit kat

You are entitled to your opinion
    Different opinions are available
    Just as valid
    I won't be tatting your tit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Level five being recommended for the whole country here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1004/1169272-coronarvirus-ireland/

Get ready for lockdown number 2 folks.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Level five being recommended for the whole country here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1004/1169272-coronarvirus-ireland/

Get ready for lockdown number 2 folks.

Fecking ridiculous management. Why are NPHET releasing that info. The country will go into panic tomorrow bulk buying. NPHET should make the recommendation to government then release the cabinets decision. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Fecking ridiculous management. Why are NPHET releasing that info. The country will go into panic tomorrow bulk buying. NPHET should make the recommendation to government then release the cabinets decision. Crazy.

I kind of seems like NPHET are trying to force the government's hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

They're at it already.
    I was in Dunnes Longford yesterday with herself, as bad as Xmas in there.
    I think we are still OK for toilet roll.

They're at it already.

They're at it already.

They're at it already.

It's an incredibly unfair thing to do to people. Absolutely no need for NPHET to realease that ahead of a cabinet meeting. Chaos again.

• Advertisement

Sorry for multiple post, kept seeing errors.
    Keep seeing it as I try to delete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement