Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

NHPET presents facts and stats, Government decides, the media then reports. Everyone is trying their best. You don’t live in a utopia. You never will.

This is a new and dangerous disease. Decisions are made with an incomplete view of all the information. The idea decisions are being made simply to fück people over or because of gross incompetence is the sort of thing believed by mouth-breathing morons on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »
    Why are NPHET not on confidentiality agreements to stop them leaking things like this? Surely this would be common practice.

Governments don't operate to the same omerta standards as say private paramilitary armies do. I know that that is a difficult concept for some to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

NHPET presents facts and stats, Government decides, the media then reports. Everyone is trying their best. You don’t live in a utopia. You never will.

This is a new and dangerous disease. Decisions are made with an incomplete view of all the information. The idea decisions are being made simply to fück people over or because of gross incompetence is the sort of thing believed by mouth-breathing morons on Twitter.

What makes you think it was 'competent'?

Tell us why you think the release of this information serves any purpose?

I run a small business and have orders to make today and I don't know what to do. I can only guess the chaos it has thrown bigger concerns int. And that is before we go into the stress it is causing.

So go Johnny, tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Someone said about covid19 management that its a case that we are building the plane as we are flying it

This is going to get very costly and I'm sorry the scenes with Blackrock GAA in cork last night is typical of how we've got here
    I'm mad as hell with people
    Stupid stupid people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Numbers over the next day or two will decide whether we go to level 5, Monday numbers are usually on the low side so some sort of announcement tomorrow night, Probably need to get tough on the breaches,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Really????? Mary Lou had her big fat head on the front page a couple of weeks back calling for all pubs to be opened.

Bad as thing are who in Sinn Fein would you like to see calling the shots on anything?

Japers. This the anon online bullying 'the indian' was talking about? You unionists have a poor manner.

They're at it already.
    I was in Dunnes Longford yesterday with herself, as bad as Xmas in there.
    I think we are still OK for toilet roll.

The word is they are going for kitchen roll this time. Makes as much sense, none.

They'll make allowances for reasons best known to themselves but they are generally incompetent as far as looking after the public's lot. They'll police a pub from opening, no issue, but they'll leave a meat plant with covid clusters to it's own devices. Or a bar with food having the barman up on the bar pouring shots into mouths. That's personal responsibility :rolleyes:
    The golf piss up was a reminder that they are not fit or capable of adhering to advice that doesn't suit them.
    I'd hang on to the 'incompetence' line, it's their only saving grace. Otherwise why do they do what they do, on purpose? And what's the goal?

Bowie wrote: »
    Japers. This the anon online bullying 'the indian' was talking about? You unionists have a poor manner.

Mad isn't it? The moral high grounders foaming at the mouth about 'online abuse' yet they waltz past one of their own coming out with this stuff all the time. Good old FG and FF stock that wear the trousers at home, 'where a woman should be', no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blanch152 wrote: »
    Governments don't operate to the same omerta standards as say private paramilitary armies do. I know that that is a difficult concept for some to understand.

You really are a WUM aren't you? You are not here for discussion but to just insult and wind people up. Is that how you are getting your kicks? Shocking behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Numbers over the next day or two will decide whether we go to level 5, Monday numbers are usually on the low side so some sort of announcement tomorrow night, Probably need to get tough on the breaches,

The GAA have suspended all club activity until further notice.
    Celebrations all around the Country went too far.
    A rise in the levels probably, but not straight to five I think. 3.5 or 4 more likely I reckon.

The GAA have suspended all club activity until further notice.
    Celebrations all around the Country went too far.
    A rise in the levels probably, but not straight to five I think. 3.5 or 4 more likely I reckon.

They wont go back to the Lockdown that we had in March, the backlash against them would destroy the government and would also expose their failures to deliver the necessary infrastructure in the hospitals to cope with this virus.

Good comment from Brid Smith re KPMG and the Debenham workers:
    Solidarity/PBP TD Bríd Smith said there is €11m worth of stock inside the Debenhams shops which she said was the same fee paid to KPMG to advise on the National Broadband Plan.

Ms Smith said the Government is treating the workers disgracefully and that the State had "no end of largesse" when it came to paying a company like KPMG for advice.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1001/1168727-debenhams-workers-warning/

The selective magic money tree was at play I imagine.

Sleepy Eamo says he supports the workers but government can't intervene. Nobody tell LV and his lying comment?

To recap:
    The workers are demanding implementation of a 2016 collective agreement entitling them to four weeks redundancy pay per year of service, rather than the statutory minimum of two weeks capped at €600 per week.

However, the liquidators have argued that because Debenhams Ireland is now insolvent, that collective agreement has no legal standing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Them PR teams will have their work cut out this evening. The play all along was we are following public health guidelines, we have to listen to the experts.

Will they explain or just do it and when will it be Sinn Féins fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

They'd be lucky to get one million for that stock now its over 6 months old,all last season stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Mad isn't it? The moral high grounders foaming at the mouth about 'online abuse' yet they waltz past one of their own coming out with this stuff all the time. Good old FG and FF stock that wear the trousers at home, 'where a woman should be', no doubt.

So so sensitive.

Pity Jean McConville, Joanne Mathers or Caroline Moreland and hundreds of others couldn't be left at home "where a woman should be"

So so sensitive.

Pity Jean McConville, Joanne Mathers or Caroline Moreland and hundreds of others couldn't be left at home "where a woman should be"

Another WUM.

Another WUM.

The IRA disappeared, tortured, mutilated, shot, and blew up innocent women and children. They also protected nonces and rapists within their ranks. They don’t really get to have a say in these things.

So so sensitive.

Using murder victims to get an off topic dig in. Classy.

The IRA disappeared, tortured, mutilated, shot, and blew up innocent women and children. They also protected nonces and rapists within their ranks. They don’t really get to have a say in these things.

The government in this fair republic sent single mothers to work houses and the took their kids of them and adopted them out. They also turned a blind eye to priests raping poor kids that they were suppose to the helping, never mind the physical and mental torture they subjected those poor kids too.

• Advertisement

The government in this fair republic sent single mothers to work houses and the took their kids of them and adopted them out. They also turned a blind eye to priests raping poor kids that they were suppose to the helping, never mind the physical and mental torture they subjected those poor kids too.

Ya, it’s a good thing no one is defending that though. Or trying to make excuses for it. Or praising the leadership.

Oh OK....Who knew? Right, Gerry and the lads were well entitled to kill whoever they liked so.

Ya, it’s a good thing no one is defending that though. Or trying to make excuses for it. Or praising the leadership.

No they are not defending instead they are ignoring it or brushing it under the carpet.

Also why is it assumed that anyone who criticises the government is a SF supporter?

Also why is that the when the government is criticised that the posters like yourself, Truthevader and Blanch keep throwing out the Leo Varadkar pathetic tactic of "But SF", why not give the reasons why their decisions should be supported?

Bowie wrote: »
    Using murder victims to get an off topic dig in. Classy.

1. On topic

2. Creating murder victims and then accusing others of "using" them when attention is drawn to the savagery is not a tenable position

Oh OK....Who knew? Right, Gerry and the lads were well entitled to kill whoever they liked so.

There ya go again but SF. I have not seen one post from you where you give the reasons for supporting the government position. You are nothing but a WUM and have no intention of the trying to defend the government, I would have more respect for you if you did, instead you, Johnny, Blanch and Varadkar have all become laughing stocks.

I don't support or vote SF but I also do not support FF and FG as they are not about what is good for the country they are only about what is good for themselves. So be careful who you are labelling a SF supporter, there are many out there similar to me who disillusioned with the state of politics in this country and what we are seeing going on. It is is the likes of You, Johnny and Blanch that are turning more and more people against FF and FG and driving us to look at other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There ya go again but SF. I have not seen one post from you where you give the reasons for supporting the government position. You are nothing but a WUM and have no intention of the trying to defend the government, I would have more respect for you if you did, instead you, Johnny, Blanch and Varadkar have all become laughing stocks.

I don't support or vote SF but I also do not support FF and FG as they are not about what is good for the country they are only about what is good for themselves. So be careful who you are labelling a SF supporter, there are many out there similar to me who disillusioned with the state of politics in this country and what we are seeing going on. It is is the likes of You, Johnny and Blanch that are turning more and more people against FF and FG and driving us to look at other parties.

They can't see it floppybits, that's why I keep engaging them :D

1. On topic

2. Creating murder victims and then accusing others of "using" them when attention is drawn to the savagery is not a tenable position

It's disgraceful exploitation of victims and selective. It's been going on here for years. Mind you don't go off the official list though, there is a hierarchy!

McMurphy wrote: »
    They can't see it floppybits, that's why I keep engaging them :D

It is what is going to destroy their parties. We already see FF on 10 - 15% and it will only go lower. FG are only higher because they are seen as the least worst option but people are starting to get sick and tired of the Varadkar and his look over there are SF. This is the reason that SF did so well in the last election and yet the supporters of FG and FF are still carrying on the same way and just driving people away from them.

It is getting very difficult for voters like myself to get out and vote as all parties are seen as being as bad as each other.

So, now we are going against the advice of NPHET. This should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

What was the point and how much time did the Mafia to come up with the 5 stage plan were each county would be treated per rates of virus they have.
    Less than a month on and all going to 3 even though counties like Leitrim Mayo have very few cases.

The MyGov website also changed this morning to state schools still open at level 5 with restrictions. It's been confirmed it said nothing about restrictions yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement