Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You couldn't write this level of bizarreness. Leo gets 5 minutes on Prime Time...
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313225121339973634

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Tbf, they're hamstrung on this.
    Beligerent uniosts are not for turning.

That doesn’t stop them from finding Northern Ireland solutions to Northern Ireland problems. Constantly looking to Mammy Dublin and Daddy London is not possible for fast-moving problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

aido79 wrote: »
    Did you read the post I was replying to? What had KPMG got to do with the hospital deal with Denis O'Brien?

Perhaps that poster believes that KPMG are owned by Denis O’Brien, it seems he believes everything else in Ireland is.

Some head on him. Himself and Ciara Kelly be sharing notes and botox clinics.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313226949729320961?s=19

• Advertisement

Leo says NPHET and the government 'need to get on the same page'.

Complete rubbish, NPHET need to give the best health of the nation advice they can regardless of what 'page' the government is on.

NPHET made a health decision, Leo made a political one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Complete rubbish, NPHET need to give the best health of the nation advice they can regardless of what 'page' the government is on.

Mary Lou ‘Not a Clue’ was going on about opening the pubs during the week. Not advocating for a further lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I believe an economic decision was made And I agree with it. The consequences of going to level 5 would be terrible for the economy and cause permanent damage. I think people need to understand this. I am very lucky to be in secure employment but hundreds of thousand of people could lose their jobs permanently, lose their homes, their businesses. A welfare payment doesn’t make up for not having a job.

Mary Lou ‘Not a Clue’ was going on about opening the pubs during the week. Not advocating for a further lockdown.

Sure Leo said the same. Said we were the only ones in Europe with our lockdowns. Now he's going against the public health advice. They castigated others against this sort of thing. All in this together. Put on the Green jersey etc etc. And not when the chips are down they're throwing the toys out of the pram. Strong and stable bollocks!

smurgen wrote: »
    Some head on him. Himself and Ciara Kelly be sharing notes and botox clinics.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313226949729320961?s=19

I’m not sure commenting on someone’s physical appearance adds to the debate.

• Advertisement

Hubertj wrote: »
    I believe an economic decision was made And I agree with it. The consequences of going to level 5 would be terrible for the economy and cause permanent damage. I think people need to understand this. I am very lucky to be in secure employment but hundreds of thousand of people could lose their jobs permanently, lose their homes, their businesses. A welfare payment doesn’t make up for not having a job.

NPHET don't give economic advice...not their bag. For Leo to undermine them the way he did was a bit of a knife in the back tbh. Big political gamble....that particular rant (like most of them) might have been wisely kept for his coffee table autobiography.

Just what we need in the middle of a pandemic...well done Lro.

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1313223938219151360

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

All kicking off tonight.

NPHET don't give economic advice...not their bag. For Leo to undermine them the way he did was a bit of a knife in the back tbh. Big political gamble....that particular rant (like most of them) might have been wisely kept for his coffee table autobiography.

That is true but the shambles made of yesterday needed to be called out. I do agree that RTÉ current affairs programme wasn’t the right place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That is true but the shambles made of yesterday needed to be called out. I do agree that RTÉ current affairs programme wasn’t the right place for it.

The shambles yesterday? There's lads here don't even think yesterday was a problem.

Yes you are right HJ, it could have been sorted between them until Leo decided to make things inordinately worse on Clare Byrne.

McMurphy wrote: »

This is the key of the attack on NPHET the fact is that NPHET are now the punch bag because of decades of mismanagement at the hands of FF and FG. It's the reason our ICU capacity is a fraction of the OECD average.what's worse is the failed to correct it in the last few months.

The shambles yesterday? There's lads here don't even think yesterday was a problem.

Yes you are right HJ, it could have been sorted between them until Leo decided to make things inordinately worse on Clare Byrne.

Sudden decision to ditch the plan and go from level 2 to 5, then leak it. A lot of people left very stressed and anxious overnight. I’m not debating whether the NPHET advise or right or wrong but the communication an embarrassment again, that seems to be par for the course with public servants across the board.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Completely obvious that the NPHET advice was leaked by politicians rather than anyone on NPHET. Journalists have hinted fairly heavily at it.

• Advertisement

Sudden decision to ditch the plan and go from level 2 to 5, then leak it. A lot of people left very stressed and anxious overnight. I’m not debating whether the NPHET advise or right or wrong but the communication an embarrassment again, that seems to be par for the course with public servants across the board.

NPHET or somebody was releasing info about what they were going to recommend before. Here is the recommendation for Dublin in the public domain before going to cabinet.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-level-3-5207472-Sep2020/

Suddenly this time there is a problem because it is not politically palatable.

NPHET or somebody was releasing info about what they were going to recommend before. Here is the recommendation for Dublin in the public domain before going to cabinet.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-level-3-5207472-Sep2020/

Suddenly this time there is a problem because it is not politically palatable.

My point is level is a whole lot worse than level 3. I don’t think it is comparable.

My point is level is a whole lot worse than level 3. I don’t think it is comparable.

If you read NPHETs letter to government however they state level three will not be enough. That we might have that and then a worse level later on. That's why they were recommending the harsher restrictions now.

Worth noting also that the general population were begging for a lockdown weeks before leo and the FG government. Pubs close and petitions for cancellation of Patrick's day ceremonies reached tens of thousands of signatures. The delayed decision to close probably lead to hundreds of extra deaths.

NPHET were the experts on that, but now they aren't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Leo just ****ed off NHEPT off, clear as day.

As for his nobody from NHEPT will be on the PUP if we go to Level 5, he rejected the living wage for everybody.

Dr Tony (although I don't like him after the Cervical scandal) is there to advise the Mafia , it's upto them to decide. No need to try turn it all on him and NPHET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

aido79 wrote: »
    Did you read the post I was replying to? What had KPMG got to do with the hospital deal with Denis O'Brien?

Why not respond to the comment so?
    You mentioned O'Brien. KPMG got 11m to advise on the broadband contract that went to O'Brien. Was wondering was it money well spent on a likely inevitability?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Schools apparently getting three weeks for mid- term, easier to jump to level 5 end of next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Perhaps that poster believes that KPMG are owned by Denis O’Brien, it seems he believes everything else in Ireland is.

You playing dumb to get a sad dig in again? My comment explains itself.
    If you can read that why not answer, are the government right to ignore NPHET advice? Who will be to blame if it goes tits up?

• Advertisement

I find it particularly bizarre the reaction on here tonight in light of that. The lads are all over the place, not sure what they are against, just that they are against something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement