Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    I find it particularly bizarre the reaction on here tonight in light of that. The lads are all over the place, not sure what they are against, just that they are against something.

You're thinking of the government.

Quoting JF's inaccurate 'quote'...nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You're thinking of the government.

Quoting JF's inaccurate 'quote'...nice :)

Tell me again which level the government should go too?

And should that involve opening the pubs in Dublin as suggested by Mary-Lou?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Tell me again which level the government should go too?

And should that involve opening the pubs in Dublin as suggested by Mary-Lou?

Do you think they are right to ignore NPHET advice? Who do you think will be to blame if it goes tits up?

Can you quote MLMD saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you think they are right to ignore NPHET advice? Who do you think will be to blame if it goes tits up?

So for once you don’t have an opinion. Amazing that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You playing dumb to get a sad dig in again? My comment explains itself.
    If you can read that why not answer, are the government right to ignore NPHET advice? Who will be to blame if it goes tits up?

The Virus or Sinn Féin, DUP might even get a shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Hubertj wrote: »
    I believe an economic decision was made And I agree with it. The consequences of going to level 5 would be terrible for the economy and cause permanent damage. I think people need to understand this.
    The damage is already done. Just having a jump to Level 5 on the table means that xmas is now a complete write-off, as no one is going to do any heavy logisitical planning in this atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5917891/mary-lou-mcdonald-pubs-open-leo-varadkar-sinn-fein/amp/

NPHET overstepped the mark on Sunday night by releasing their findings publically before consulting with the govt.
    The govt showed balls and went to the next step rather than jump to level 5.
    Its up to us to comply with regulations now.
    The govt aren't spreading the virus, it's the public that are doing that.
    Spread the word, keep to the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5917891/mary-lou-mcdonald-pubs-open-leo-varadkar-sinn-fein/amp/

NPHET overstepped the mark on Sunday night by releasing their findings publically before consulting with the govt.

Politicians are being blamed for leaking the info, not NPHET apparently.

McMurphy wrote: »

Of course he knows that.

Attacking public health officals on a TV show, I thought I was listening to Trump at times.

Now we have The Gardaí saying on morning Ireland they don’t know what ensuring higher levels of compliance will entail. It’s almost as though the government did not consult or think this through, the very things Leo Varadkar felt warranted a very public dressing down of NPHET & Tony Holohan.

P.S We have 28 Free ICU beds

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I find it particularly bizarre the reaction on here tonight in light of that. The lads are all over the place, not sure what they are against, just that they are against something.

They are not against the "RAH".......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Well said Bish.....clean headshot there......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Which politicians?
    There are 40 members on Nphet
    Thats a lot of discipline not to leak when the form to now was to always leak and no-one said a word about the leaks

I'd have preferred level 5 because I am seeing what eejit people are doing every day
    Gardaí better be prepared to call to people's houses to break up the house parties
    We need to be publishing a list of these and how many people were there
    Name and shame is the only thing irresponsible people will respond to
    And we need fines enforced

The leaders of the GAA showed leadership by stopping games
    The 'lads' being lads have theirselves to blame and proper order to IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Why not respond to the comment so?
    You mentioned O'Brien. KPMG got 11m to advise on the broadband contract that went to O'Brien. Was wondering was it money well spent on a likely inevitability?

I also mentioned Larry Goodman...maybe you could throw some dirt at him. Or maybe you could just learn to control that tingling feeling in your fingers that you get when you see Denis O'Brien's name and feel the need to comment whether it's relevant to the discussion or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We have known what NPHET were going to recommend to the government before, nothing new in that aspect. In fact the suspicion was the government where using them to break bad news and soften up the public. I posted a link that showed that in relation to Dublin's level 3 lockdown.

The fact is this morning it is a Brave New World, our health is in the hands of the government now. The buck ultimately stops with them and those who decided to ignore NPHET's advice.

aido79 wrote: »
    I also mentioned Larry Goodman...maybe you could throw some dirt at him. .

Lol...... This is the epitome of a "strawman" you mentioned someone, and whined that a poster didn't take aim at the target. :)

NPHET or the Gov may be right, only time will tell but I know who my moneys on.

But the Gov/Leo has decided to attack its advisors for their advice.

And that's broken something that will harm the whole country .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Eh.. the lovely Mary Lou was on the radio this morning agreeing with the government decision not to go to level 5. Someone (the "intellectual" O'Broin?) must have got her to pull back from her previous "Open All the Pubs" policy which might have been informed by the less gifted Sinn Fein element

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Lol...... This is the epitome of a "strawman" you mentioned someone, and whined that a poster didn't take aim at the target. :)

I'm not whining. I'm making a point that I mentioned 2 business men in relation to a comment on private hospitals being used to treat coronavirus and a poster picks one of them and has a rant about him being involved in a broadband contract.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Eh.. the lovely Mary Lou was on the radio this morning agreeing with the government decision not to go to level 5. Someone (the "intellectual" O'Broin?) must have got her to pull back from her previous "Open All the Pubs" policy which might have been informed by the less gifted Sinn Fein element

The absolute ignorance of this. Sunday night Truth...a way back you go and see what NPHET were sayng as recently as Sunday nght.

Then look up 'fluid situations'.

Just listening to Newstalk there this morning, phone in poll - +67% said Leo was wrong to publicly criticise NPHET last night.

Leo will suffer for last night's performance I reckon.

You have had to be pulled up on this before - what McDonald actually said was that pubs should be given the opportunity to open up and prove they can introduce, and stick do safety advice and guidance provided by NPHET.

You were asked to link to McDonald saying "open all the pubs" and from my memory, you "couldn't be arsed".

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    I'm not whining. I'm making a point that I mentioned 2 business men in relation to a comment on private hospitals being used to treat coronavirus and a poster picks one of them and has a rant about him being involved in a broadband contract.

Why bring up Larry Goodman though, the poster you quoted made no reference to Goodman in their "KPMG" post you quoted.

Sure you might have mentioned Pol Pott, Maggie Thatcher or Penny-wise.

Throwing out a random name out of context, then complaining that the poster didn't take the bait is a bit odd.

Might as well reply to me and mention something about Zacchaeus or Sadam Hussain.

NPHET or the Gov may be right, only time will tell but I know who my moneys on.

But the Gov/Leo has decided to attack its advisors for their advice.

And that's broken something that will harm the whole country .

nphet will never be wrong
    Even the most opposed to restrictions must know if you stop people mixing you will stop the virus
    Thats what level 5 is
    People are ignoring guidelines right left and centre
    My local Lidl yesterday was a disgrace or the people shopping were
    It maddens the hell out of me
    So Mambo number 5 it will be if people don't change
    They won't
    The government have given them last chance saloon
    Mary lou agrees with that,she said do on morning Ireland
    I'm not optimistic

Nobotty wrote: »
    nphet will never be wrong
    Even the most opposed to restrictions must know if you stop people mixing you will stop the virus
    Thats what level 5 is
    People are ignoring guidelines right left and centre
    My local Lidl yesterday was a disgrace or the people shopping were
    It maddens the hell out of me
    So Mambo number 5 it will be if people don't change
    They won't
    The government have given them last chance saloon
    Mary lou agrees with that,she said do on morning Ireland
    I'm not optimistic

Agree with what level the Govt want the country at but do you think it was in the publics interest for Leo's attack live on TV last night?

The Gadaí have already came out and said they had no idea what extra powers they will have. As if after saying NHEPT didn't think everything through, has the Govt not just done the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

The Gadaí have already came out and said they had no idea what extra powers they will have.

What powers should they give them?

It would be some bit of craic to see a bunch of cops out trying to arrest the winners of the county final and all their supporters :pac:

Just listening to Newstalk there this morning, phone in poll - +67% said Leo was wrong to publicly criticise NPHET last night.

Leo will suffer for last night's performance I reckon.

You have had to be pulled up on this before - what McDonald actually said was that pubs should be given the opportunity to open up and prove they can introduce, and stick do safety advice and guidance provided by NPHET.

You were asked to link to McDonald saying "open all the pubs" and from my memory, you "couldn't be arsed".

As before go to "Fine Gael do nothing thread" on September 18th where someone has helpfully posted the front cover of the Star featuring Mary Lou's stupid populist call to open al pubs. Bye Bye

Agree with what level the Govt want the country at but do you think it was in the publics interest for Leo's attack live on TV last night?

The Gadaí have already came out and said they had no idea what extra powers they will have. As if after saying NHEPT didn't think everything through, has the Govt not just done the same?

I think his attack will have pleased the crowds who think the virus is just a cold
    He had a point but his language, to borrow his own, wasn't thought out enough IMO
    Everything about this virus is a trade off but that means jack sh1t if when you make a trade off decision and too many eejit people don't bother with the basics

The absolute ignorance of this. Sunday night Truth...a way back you go and see what NPHET were sayng as recently as Sunday nght.

Then look up 'fluid situations'.

?? So what's the problem Francie? Were the government wrong not to follow Nephet advice to move to level 5 or it suddenly OK again because Mary Lou has now abandonned her open all the pubs nonsense and agrees with them?

As before go to "Fine Gael do nothing thread" on September 18th where someone has helpfully posted the front cover of the Star featuring Mary Lou's stupid populist call to open al pubs. Bye Bye

The star. :D

It may have escaped your attention, though I doubt so as I already explained it to you, "the star" were selectively quoting her from The Clare Byrne show were as I already explained and have previously linked to she said "pubs already open should be allowed to stay open and prove they can follow health guidelines and regulations" - you know this, it's been pointed out to you numerous times now.

Did you pick your user name as a piss take?

• Advertisement

?? So what's the problem Francie? Were the government wrong not to follow Nephet advice to move to level 5 or it suddenly OK again because Mary Lou has now abandonned her open all the pubs nonsense and agrees with them?

The problem is you holding people to account for a position they had (you think) weeks ago.

Look up 'fluid situations' and what NPHET were saying on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement