Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    The star. :D

It may have escaped your attention, though I doubt so as I already explained it to you, "the star" were selectively quoting her from The Clare Byrne show were as I already explained and have previously linked to she said "pubs should be allowed to open and prove they can follow health guidelines and regulations" - you know this, it's been pointed out to you numerous times now.

Did you pick your user name as a piss take?

The Truthvader thinks Mary Lou owns and writes The Star. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

We have known what NPHET were going to recommend to the government before, nothing new in that aspect. In fact the suspicion was the government where using them to break bad news and soften up the public. I posted a link that showed that in relation to Dublin's level 3 lockdown.

The fact is this morning it is a Brave New World, our health is in the hands of the government now. The buck ultimately stops with them and those who decided to ignore NPHET's advice.

No, the buck stops with us.
    If we follow the advice as laid down we will at least lessen the virus.
    There's always going to be bollixes Francie that won't, but that'd be the case in level five too.
    The govt has given us guidelines, it seems there's cross party support for that decision too, main opposition party seem happy with it.
    Dig away at the govt, lots will and because of it say fcuk the restrictions.
    More thought needs to be on the virus by us the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Huge amount of anger here today. Think I’ll give it a miss. Might ‘wreck me buzz’ as they say in Dublin.

It’s a very dangerous emotion, gents. Handle with care. Men, always men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Why bring up Larry Goodman though, the poster you quoted made no reference to Goodman in their "KPMG" post you quoted.

Sure you might have mentioned Pol Pott, Maggie Thatcher or Penny-wise.

Throwing out a random name out of context, then complaining that the poster didn't take the bait is a bit odd.

Might as well reply to me and mention something about Zacchaeus or Sadam Hussain.

What are you on about??

This is the post I replied to that started all this:
    Nobotty wrote: »
    Thinking out loud here but if its going to cost another 20 billion in pups and wage subsidies and lost taxes to go to level 5,would it not make more sense to completely take over the private hospitals again and spend a billion or two quadrupling icu bed spaces?
    Joined up thinking like,is that not too much to ask?
    Isolate the nursing homes from the virus by making them live in for staff for 6 months and give them everything they need
    Surely a lot cheaper than a prolonged level 5
    It would way more than pay for itself

This was my reply:
    aido79 wrote: »
    But but but...something something something...Denis O'Brien...Larry Goodman...

I was simply saying that any discussion on using private hospitals inevitably turns into a debate about Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman.
    For some unknown reason Bowie replied to my post with a rant about KPMG and Denis O'Brien. I hope this has cleared this up because nonsense like this is how threads turn pear shaped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No, the buck stops with us.
    If we follow the advice as laid down we will at least lessen the virus.
    There's always going to be bollixes Francie that won't, but that'd be the case in level five too.
    The govt has given us guidelines, it seems there's cross party support for that decision too, main opposition party seem happy with it.
    Dig away at the govt, lots will and because of it say fcuk the restrictions.
    More thought needs to be on the virus by us the public.

Yeh we follow what certain Politicians. The elite and judges do, golf events/piss ups, foreign holidays. It will be grand sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Yeh we follow what certain Politicians. The elite and judges do, golf events/piss ups, foreign holidays. It will be grand sure

Mock burials?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The star. :D

It may have escaped your attention, though I doubt so as I already explained it to you, "the star" were selectively quoting her from The Clare Byrne show were as I already explained and have previously linked to she said "pubs should be allowed to open and prove they can follow health guidelines and regulations" - you know this, it's been pointed out to you numerous times now.

Did you pick your user name as a piss take?

Ah, the ol' "the quote was taken out of context"... "merely meant..." etc etc

Don't remember Mary Lou clarifying anything or complaining that she was misquoted at the time. More than happy to make the front page with a message that would appeal to the thicker element of her supporters.

Anyway its there in print forever and neither you nor Mary Lou nor the rest of the Sinn Fein team can deny it now.

Mock burials?

Leo already had one of them last night for the CMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

If you go down to the shop today will you follow, all restrictions?
    If you're talking to someone and the say fn stupid govt, who'd listen to them, will you say they gave us good guidelines and we should follow it?
    What would you say to someone in conversation about it, be positive about the move to level 3 instead of five or empty your spleen in a govt hating rant?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Truthvader wrote: »
    Ah, the ol' "the quote was taken out of context"... "merely meant..." etc etc

Don't remember Mary Lou clarifying anything or complaining that she was misquoted at the time. More than happy to make the front page with a message that would appeal to the thicker element of her supporters.

Anyway its there in print forever and neither you nor Mary Lou nor the rest of the Sinn Fein team can deny it now.

Sketchy memory so?

You should however recall me correcting you at the time - but I just checked your own Source "the Star" can't seem to find it , I do however have another "red top" from Sept 18th "The Sun" which also states what I already said.
    She said we need to learn to live with this virus and that pubs and restaurants that are already open should remain open.

Of course, no need to take either red tops word - you can of course listen to the interview yourself. ..

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/today-with-claire-byrne/programmes/2020/0918/1166015-today-with-claire-byrne-friday-18-september-2020/

• Advertisement

If you go down to the shop today will you follow, all restrictions?
    If you're talking to someone and the say fn stupid govt, who'd listen to them, will you say they gave us good guidelines and we should follow it?
    What would you say to someone in conversation about it, be positive about the move to level 3 instead of five or empty your spleen in a govt hating rant?

I have no issue with staying on level 3.45 if that's what Govt intend, but the attack on CMO and NHEPT was a disgrace, even FF are distancing themselves from it this morning and as the radio poll this morning showed nearly 7 out of 10 people thought he was wrong too

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well, Tony is the Chief Medical Officer, it's not like he had nothing to do with it.

Mary-Lou making populist pointless comments as usual, has she managed to open the pubs yet?

I have no issue with staying on level 3.45 if that's what Govt intend, but the attack on CMO and NHEPT was a disgrace, even FF are distancing themselves from it this morning and as the radio poll this morning showed nearly 7 out of 10 people thought he was wrong too

Lads, you are desperate here. You can only say that Leo is wrong if you support a move to Level 5. You don't support that, hence you are displaying naked hypocrisy.

As for the radio poll, wasn't Mary-Lou on the programme? There are some Shinnerbots out there on the Twittersphere whose fingers are worn out from texting in to the radio poll. Happens every time she is on.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Lads, you are desperate here. You can only say that Leo is wrong if you support a move to Level 5. You don't support that, hence you are displaying naked hypocrisy.

As for the radio poll, wasn't Mary-Lou on the programme? There are some Shinnerbots out there on the Twittersphere whose fingers are worn out from texting in to the radio poll. Happens every time she is on.

Can you not read?

He was wrong to publlically attack NHEPT team, that has nothing to do with levels.

67% agree he was wrong, them are the results of the poll on our national radio this morning.

There has been many times MLMD has been on that show and people disagreed with her but because people disagree with Leo it's because MLMD was on the show. That's some spin

The problem is you holding people to account for a position they had (you think) weeks ago.

Look up 'fluid situations' and what NPHET were saying on Sunday.

Let me see, from closing the pubs on September 18th to supporting NPHET wanting Level 5 16 days later, that is some fluidity.

A bouncing ball like fluidity.

Technically, 16 days is weeks, but not what most people mean when they say weeks. She is all over the place on this one. As I said before, opposition for opposition's sake usually gets found out, they are getting there.

Let me see, from closing the pubs on September 18th to supporting NPHET wanting Level 5 16 days later, that is some fluidity.

A bouncing ball like fluidity.

Technically, 16 days is weeks, but not what most people mean when they say weeks. She is all over the place on this one. As I said before, opposition for opposition's sake usually gets found out, they are getting there.

The election said and opinion polls say different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The problem is you holding people to account for a position they had (you think) weeks ago.

Look up 'fluid situations' and what NPHET were saying on Sunday.
    "fluid situations" would be your area of expertise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It seems though Nphet did not inform the government that they were holding a meeting and leaked their advice on an earth shattering recommendation prior to letting the government know
    That was definitely wrong IMO
    I thought Vradakar's phraseology last night saying it was ill thought out was wrong
    He knows they only advise on the clinical solutions not the whole of society solutions
    He should therefore have couched his comments in better language
    Instead of getting backs up

On the plus side,all opposition groups except pbp agree with level 3 for now
    So I don't see what we have to argue about

I don't trust people
    People can get us back to level 2
    I believe we will hurtle to Sam McConkey's nerdy experiment instead
    Meaning medium term we are doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

aido79 wrote: »
    What are you on about??

This is the post I replied to that started all this:

This was my reply:

I was simply saying that any discussion on using private hospitals inevitably turns into a debate about Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman.
    For some unknown reason Bowie replied to my post with a rant about KPMG and Denis O'Brien. I hope this has cleared this up because nonsense like this is how threads turn pear shaped.

There's a conspiracy theory that Denis O'Brien doesn't really exist, it's just random FGers in a fat suit who take turns at being the taxpayer funded billionaire

He's un-defendable on this.

1. He thrashed the work of public servants publicly.

Wasn't that exactly what you were telling them to do?
    Simon was tweeting this morning about the 'awful sleepless night' people may have had.

Easily avoided Simon...get your act together and tell NPHET not to release anything until after a cabinet meeting. Callous government tbh.

• Advertisement

There's a conspiracy theory that Denis O'Brien doesn't really exist, it's just random FGers in a fat suit who take turns at being the taxpayer funded billionaire

Don't start that one, next thing a certain poster will be accusing all and sundry of being Denis O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Wasn't that exactly what you pwere telling them to do?

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Wasn't that exactly what you were telling them to do?

Typical typical blanch.

Avoid the actual issue and try try try to invent strawmen and rabbitholes he can go down to attack his boogeymen and women.

The issue is Leo publicly attacking NPHET for political gain. Absolute opportunist again. It isn't the first time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Typical typical blanch.

Avoid the actual issue and try try try to invent strawmen and rabbitholes he can go down to attack his boogeymen and women.

The issue is Leo publicly attacking NPHET for political gain. Absolute opportunist again. It isn't the first time either.

Looks like our lunatic politicians feel empowered by Leo's attack last night.

Disgraceful.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1313446211895078913?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Don't start that one, next thing a certain poster will be accusing all and sundry of being Denis O'Brien.

Nobody thinks you're a multi account jockey like others clearly of this parish are.

You're just a vanilla low-quality poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yurt! wrote: »
    Nobody thinks you're a multi account jockey like others clearly of this parish are.

You're just a vanilla low-quality poster.

He's also badly in need of getting his sarcasm detection unit recalibrated, not for the first time in only a few days he's had something sail gracefully right over his head. :D

smurgen wrote: »

Disgraceful.

It's fairly clear now that Leo has gone rogue on the rest of the government. His own minister (Pascal) was briefing the opposite to what he was saying last night at the press conference along with a minister from each of the coalition partners (Donnelly and Ryan)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

smurgen wrote: »

Disgraceful.

Mattie's use by date is well expired,

Typical typical blanch.

I seem to remember earlier in the pandemic some posters on here blasting Leo for following precisely what NPHET were advising, especially when it came to lifting restrictions.

Man up, and tell us whether the government is right or wrong in sticking to Level 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I seem to remember earlier in the pandemic some posters on here blasting Leo for following precisely what NPHET were advising, especially when it came to lifting restrictions.

Man up, and tell us whether the government is right or wrong in sticking to Level 3.

Hurlers on the ditch.

If the government came out and stated we were all going to a level 5 lockdown, the same posters would be giving out about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement