Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    So for once you don’t have an opinion. Amazing that.

You continue to dodge straight questions. I'll respond if you go first, (already responded to the pub question some weeks ago). Considering I've asked you three times now.

Can't quote MLMD?

You are posting false claims not based on fact as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

We are going to level 5 sometime in the next few weeks, the spiel that we can't afford it doesnt hold water , this is world wide, stimulus funding will be available, with the double whammy of flu and Covid this is going to be an ugly winter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/5917891/mary-lou-mcdonald-pubs-open-leo-varadkar-sinn-fein/amp/

NPHET overstepped the mark on Sunday night by releasing their findings publically before consulting with the govt.
    The govt showed balls and went to the next step rather than jump to level 5.
    Its up to us to comply with regulations now.
    The govt aren't spreading the virus, it's the public that are doing that.
    Spread the word, keep to the restrictions.

Regarding going into level 3, some weeks back...
    Sinn Fein leader McDonald said she does not underestimate Covid-19 but disagreed with a move to close pubs and restaurants that are already open....

She said we need to learn to live with this virus and that pubs and restaurants that are already open should remain open.18 Sep 2020

Hardly...
    Mary Lou ‘Not a Clue’ was going on about opening the pubs during the week. Not advocating for a further lockdown.

IF true, LV pulls that **** all the time. I agree they should be working in step with the government but as government choose to cherry pick what advice they decide to take maybe they thought it was in the public interest to not give tweedle dumb and dumber the opportunity to fudge the advice in the public forum for crony or incompetent purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I seem to remember earlier in the pandemic some posters on here blasting Leo for following precisely what NPHET were advising, especially when it came to lifting restrictions.

Man up, and tell us whether the government is right or wrong in sticking to Level 3.

That remains to be seen.

As long as you are not, in the future, trying to slither out of the responsibility Leo has taken on here. This is his and the governments call. Nobody else's.

aido79 wrote: »
    I also mentioned Larry Goodman...maybe you could throw some dirt at him. Or maybe you could just learn to control that tingling feeling in your fingers that you get when you see Denis O'Brien's name and feel the need to comment whether it's relevant to the discussion or not.

What dirt did I throw on anyone? Why is it when Mr. O'Brien's good fortune in obtaining state contracts from FG government is raised it's considered conspiracy theory or dirt? I've zero issues with Mr. O'Brien.
    Why were you trying to dismiss any mention of their names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

As for the radio poll, wasn't Mary-Lou on the programme? There are some Shinnerbots out there on the Twittersphere whose fingers are worn out from texting in to the radio poll. Happens every time she is on.

2 randomers opinions on the internet.

https://twitter.com/GuillaumeHiver/status/1313441969838882817?s=19

Truthvader wrote: »
    Eh.. the lovely Mary Lou was on the radio this morning agreeing with the government decision not to go to level 5. Someone (the "intellectual" O'Broin?) must have got her to pull back from her previous "Open All the Pubs" policy which might have been informed by the less gifted Sinn Fein element

Good for her. She never said 'open all pubs' that's just some spin some FG lads are peddling. And in any case, once again, for the record, whatever SF, PBP or Mrs Brown's Boys do or say has no bearing on what FF/FG/Green say or do. They don't cancel each other out.

I'm not whining. I'm making a point that I mentioned 2 business men in relation to a comment on private hospitals being used to treat coronavirus and a poster picks one of them and has a rant about him being involved in a broadband contract.

Hardly a rant. It was in the news that KPMG got paid 11m to advise the government on broadband. The government went with O'Brien. I asked was it money well spent on a likely inevitability? You raised their names, I made a comment.

What powers should they give them?

It would be some bit of craic to see a bunch of cops out trying to arrest the winners of the county final and all their supporters :pac:

Or walk into private residences because they think they heard a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »

Ah yea, some randomer on the internet said it, so it must be true.

Why would a FG member ask someone who was a twitter account that has a long track record of being critical to the government, vote for some online random poll?

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    So you didn't read it? :)

Luckily he had my goodself on hand to correct his "mistake" that he keeps making, over serveral posts, across several threads.

He's floundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good for her. She never said 'open all pubs' that's just some spin some FG lads are peddling. And in any case, once again, for the record, whatever SF, PBP or Mrs Brown's Boys do or say has no bearing on what FF/FG/Green say or do. They don't cancel each other out.

Of course it does, they are not called the ‘opposition’ for nothing.

The Coalition made the call not to go straight to L5, Callinan was in straight away throwing shade on the decision.

Everybody needs to held to account,Jim, needs to be queried, that’s what politics is all about.

Now fine if one is in a dictatorship where there is no opposition,Jim, but all elected personnel need to be accountable for their performance

Stop trying to turn this discussion into a polemic .

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah yea, some randomer on the internet said it, so it must be true.

*Whoosh*

As blanch and your man and twitter are randomers on the internet......
    Why would a FG member ask someone who was a twitter account that has a long track record of being critical to the government, vote for some online random poll?
    And blanch has a long track record of being impartial and neutral on the Shinners.......

Stand back marko......

14-47-11-24b0cf5f7069fccb0d0336872da8f3fa044b2e9e393e0af399ee9810a320b785.jpg

I was simply saying that any discussion on using private hospitals inevitably turns into a debate about Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman.
    For some unknown reason Bowie replied to my post with a rant about KPMG and Denis O'Brien. I hope this has cleared this up because nonsense like this is how threads turn pear shaped.

Not quite;
    But but but...something something something...Denis O'Brien...Larry Goodman...

You were dismissing the comment without addressing it and throwing in two businessmen to try put the FG spin that any mere mention of their names is fake news as shown by your follow up rants(?).
    Was in the news 2 days ago that KPMG got paid 11m to advise FG on broadband, as you'd raised D.O'B I mentioned it. Seemingly any mention of either of them is a rant? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    Hurlers on the ditch.

If the government came out and stated we were all going to a level 5 lockdown, the same posters would be giving out about it.

Could be worse could be a hurler on the pitch trying to ditch hurl like Varadkar. Speaking as if they aren't in government saying what should be done despite being in power.

Mock burials?

Garda Horkan? Show some respect. I think using anyone's funeral to get a dig in is a bit pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's good to see the floundering here today by some.
    Leo made, an ass of himself, nothing new there.
    But a decision was made, a tough decision by a much slagged govt, but it appears every party worth a mention in the country agree with it.
    Nothing much to shout about but Leo, so really not much new so far today.

Ah, the ol' "the quote was taken out of context"... "merely meant..." etc etc

Don't remember Mary Lou clarifying anything or complaining that she was misquoted at the time. More than happy to make the front page with a message that would appeal to the thicker element of her supporters.

Anyway its there in print forever and neither you nor Mary Lou nor the rest of the Sinn Fein team can deny it now.

Not out of context, completely wrong. She said 'pub' TBF.
    She made a good point asking why it was okay for covid cluster meat plants to look after themselves.

Again, this falsehood was raised to distract from LV's latest monkey shine.

Now FF/FG/Green are going against NPHET is that to appeal to their thicker element too? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's good to see the floundering here today by some.
    Leo made, an ass of himself, nothing new there.
    But a decision was made, a tough decision by a much slagged govt, but it appears every party worth a mention in the country agree with it.
    Nothing much to shout about but Leo, so really not much new so far today.

The Govt run the country, NPHET advise.

The big picture eventually has to be seen and taken into consideration.

It would appear that lines of communication were ‘broken’ here and as I heard it described the criticism on that aspect was justified.

Not out of context, completely wrong. She said 'pub' TBF.
    She made a good point asking why it was okay for covid cluster meat plants to look after themselves.

Again, this falsehood was raised to distract from LV's latest monkey shine.

Now FF/FG/Green are going against NPHET is that to appeal to their thicker element too? :confused:

Posted this earlier bow, bit more high brow than the red top star Mr evader scans the headlines of.
    Its looks as if you have convinced each other anyway which is nice.

Everyone else can go back to post on the 18th September and see for themselves

I see you are living in denial, I'll save your ears - but you'll have to use your eyes this time instead.

RTE Sept 18th
    Earlier, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald said that restaurants and pubs serving food should stay open in Dublin Dublin as they have behaved responsibly and created controlled environments for minimising the spread of Covid-19.

Ms McDonald said that unless evidence and data shows otherwise, it is not proportionate to close down these services and maintain public support for public health restrictions.

He told a fib, and his pals swore it in. Awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The government are right not to go to a level 5 lockdown. God knows what it would be like on the streets if we went to a level 5 lockdown.

I have no problem with NPHET advising the government to go to level 5, that is what they are there to do and the government are there to either accept the advice 100%, partially accept it as they have done or reject it. The only issue really is the leaking of the advice on Sunday night , Who leaked the NPHET advise? Did NPHET do it to give the us a kick in the arse as we have become lax over the last few months or was it done more mischievously by some close to the government to cause more issues for the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Posted this earlier bow, bit more high brow than the red top star Mr evader scans the headlines of.

I see you are living in denial, I'll save your ears - but you'll have to use your eyes this time instead.

RTE Sept 18th

He told a fib, and his pals swore it in. Awkward.

The govt said wet pubs should be closed, effectively they were closed.
    Marylou said if they were open already and complying they should be left open, effectively calling for their reopening.
    Simple as that really.

Marylou said if they were open already and complying they should be left open, effectively calling for their reopening.
    Simple as that really.

Not correct.
    Two weeks ago she said what's open should remain open, (in light of covid cluster meat plants being left to their own devices, a fair query).
    The comment from yesterday was:
    Mary Lou ‘Not a Clue’ was going on about opening the pubs during the week. Not advocating for a further lockdown.

Again, only raised to distract from LV making an arse of himself once again in Trump fashion.

Not correct.
    Two weeks ago she said what's open should remain open, (in light of covid cluster meat plants being left to their own devices, a fair query).
    The comment from yesterday was:

Again, only raised to distract from LV making an arse of himself once again in Trump fashion.

Left to their own devices with regular testing? Ya, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

What dirt did I throw on anyone? Why is it when Mr. O'Brien's good fortune in obtaining state contracts from FG government is raised it's considered conspiracy theory or dirt? I've zero issues with Mr. O'Brien.
    Why were you trying to dismiss any mention of their names?

I wasn't trying to dismiss any mention of their names. I was just making a point that whenever private hospitals are mentioned in relation to covid19 the discussion focuses on their contracts and FG rather than the merits of the additional beds and facilities provided by the hospitals.

Left to their own devices with regular testing? Ya, right.

Whence last we spoke there was no testing in the plants, it had been stopped and you were saying people had to take personal responsibility :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to dismiss any mention of their names. I was just making a point that whenever private hospitals are mentioned in relation to covid19 the discussion focuses on their contracts and FG rather than the merits of the additional beds and facilities provided by the hospitals.

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. You certainly made a pigs ear of your intended comment by stating (out of context):
    But but but...something something something...Denis O'Brien...Larry Goodman...

Simple as that really.

So stating that the pubs already open (the ones that did food) should be allowed to remain open provided they can prove they have implemented and can stick to recommend health guidelines is the same thing as calling for all the pubs (meaning even the ones that don't serve food) to be opened up.

You'll have to allow my poor brain time to digest these mental gymnastics I'm afraid.

Whence last we spoke there was no testing in the plants, it had been stopped and you were saying people had to take personal responsibility :rolleyes:

Whence last we spoke, testing, which had been temporarily halted, had resumed. How else were positives identified?
    I still say that people have to take personal responsibility. For their own sake. That of their families and for their workmates.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Whence last we spoke, testing, which had been temporarily halted, had resumed. How else were positives identified?
    I still say that people have to take personal responsibility. For their own sake. That of their families and for their workmates.

Do ya know hob positive tests were identified, workers got symptoms, called GPS and had tests done.
    These people working in them arnt silly, they will know the procedures like every other person living on the island

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement