Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Whence last we spoke, testing, which had been temporarily halted, had resumed. How else were positives identified?
    I still say that people have to take personal responsibility. For their own sake. That of their families and for their workmates.

It had stopped. The conversation was on some saying the plants should be checked and closed if need be until compliance while others, like yourself, were suggesting personal responsibility was good enough.
    Also, you are raising the current situation in relation to a MLMD quote from September 18th when as mentioned above a plant with a covid cluster was allowed operate unimpeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    It had stopped. The conversation was on some saying the plants should be checked and closed if need be until compliance while others, like yourself, were suggesting personal responsibility was good enough.
    Also, you are raising the current situation in relation to a MLMD quote from September 18th when as mentioned above a plant with a covid cluster was allowed operate unimpeded.

We could continue testing forever in meat plants, but that would mean less tests in hospitals or schools. Which do you want?

Don't say you want them all tested, there are limited supplies of the reagents, there are limited supplies of qualified technicians who are also needed for work on regular hospital tests. Or you can just avoid the question.

Not correct.
    Two weeks ago she said what's open should remain open, (in light of covid cluster meat plants being left to their own devices, a fair query).
    The comment from yesterday was:

Again, only raised to distract from LV making an arse of himself once again in Trump fashion.

And two weeks later, does she want Level 5 or not?

I have asked you all several times today which it is, and not once can I get a simple answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    And two weeks later, does she want Level 5 or not?

I have asked you all several times today which it is, and not once can I get a simple answer.

This is the usual from you blanch, you rolled in behind your man truth, swore him in on a lie, when the proven multiple times that it was a lie - you're off on another tangent.....:D

By the way seeing as you have now gone two consecutive posts mentioning the avoidance of questions and not answering simple questions, there's a really strong forward question that posters are waiting on you answering for several days now .......

It's over there in the Unquiet Graves thread. >>>>>>

McMurphy wrote: »
    This is the usual from you blanch, you rolled in behind your man truth, swore him in on a lie, when the proven multiple times that it was a lie - you're off on another tangent.....:D

By the way seeing as you have now gone two consecutive posts mentioning the avoidance of questions and not answering simple questions, there's a really strong forward question that posters are waiting on you answering for several days now .......

It's over there in the Unquiet Graves thread. >>>>>>

There is a difference between asking a question about the view of a political party leader and chasing a poster with silly questions that you know the answer to in an attempt to score some silly debating point irrelevant to the issue.

• Advertisement

We could continue testing forever in meat plants, but that would mean less tests in hospitals or schools. Which do you want?

Don't say you want them all tested, there are limited supplies of the reagents, there are limited supplies of qualified technicians who are also needed for work on regular hospital tests. Or you can just avoid the question.

I'll go for what's in the mystery box Blanch :rolleyes:

Classic. You create a situation and criticise based on an answer not given and argument nobody (else) made :).

A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed carry out business as usual. That's a fact.

Do you think the government are right to not follow NPHET recommendations? If it goes tits up who should we look to?

I'll go for what's in the mystery box Blanch :rolleyes:

Classic. You create a situation and criticise based on an answer not given and argument nobody (else) made :).

A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed carry out business as usual. That's a fact.

Do you think the government are right to not follow NPHET recommendations? If it goes tits up who should we look to?

And was there public health advice that the meat plant should close?

Even if there was, did someone balance out the food supply issue?

Or was it just something that Bowie believes should have happened?

Or was it just something that a SF TD thought?

You are saying that the meat plant should have closed, and people starve, without producing the expert evidence that it was the only option.

Do ya know hob positive tests were identified, workers got symptoms, called GPS and had tests done.
    These people working in them arnt silly, they will know the procedures like every other person living on the island

Er, there’s been serial testing carried out in meat plants with less than .05% testing positive. Thems the facts.

And was there public health advice that the meat plant should close?

Even if there was, did someone balance out the food supply issue?

Or was it just something that Bowie believes should have happened?

Or was it just something that a SF TD thought?

You are saying that the meat plant should have closed, and people starve, without producing the expert evidence that it was the only option.

A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue business as usual.

I believe it should have been made comply with minimal health and safety guidelines, for example sick staff should not be working with food IMO, more so staff with a highly contagious virus during a global pandemic.

If you're going to join in, be honest. MLMD was asking why a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue to operate. What she thought won't change the fact that a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed remain open carrying out business as usual. Nor does it take away, (going back to the start) from LV putting his foot in his mouth by pulling a Trump and attacking medical experts on their Covid 19 advice because it doesn't suit his agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Good to know. Thanks for clarifying. You certainly made a pigs ear of your intended comment by stating (out of context):

In a discussion about how the government is dealing with covid19 I made a comment that when private hospitals were mentioned the discussion usually focused on Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman. You chimed in with a reply about Denis O'Brien and KPMG about broadband. But yeah I made a pigs ear of it commenting out of context.
    Do you only log in here to argue with people?

• Advertisement

Er, there’s been serial testing carried out in meat plants with less than .05% testing positive. Thems the facts.

Not when we are talking about. You raised it and are confusing it with today. A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed remain open. You said we needed 'personal responsibility' at the time, in lieu of testing.

Not when we are talking about. You raised it and are confusing it with today. A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed remain open. You said we needed 'personal responsibility' at the time, in lieu of testing.

I’m sure that you’ve got a source for your claim that one meat plant carried on regardless, without reporting outbreak or staff receiving treatment.

Personal responsibility in lieu of testing? Really?

We need personal responsibility at all times.

aido79 wrote: »
    In a discussion about how the government is dealing with covid19 I made a comment that when private hospitals were mentioned the discussion usually focused on Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman. You chimed in with a reply about Denis O'Brien and KPMG about broadband. But yeah I made a pigs ear of it commenting out of context.
    Do you only log in here to argue with people?

No you did not.
    You later claimed that's what you meant.

I made a comment and you went off on a defensive rant. I'm only responding to be civil. I'm cool with leaving it here.

I’m sure that you’ve got a source for your claim that one meat plant carried on regardless, without reporting outbreak or staff receiving treatment.

Personal responsibility in lieu of testing? Really?

We need personal responsibility at all times.

Never made that claim. Also I believe a local newspaper broke the story.
    And yes, a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue to operate.

The discussion was about how testing had halted and some of us wanted authorities to ensure the plant was supplying PPE and engaging in social distancing. You said we had to take personal responsibility.

A meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue business as usual.

I believe it should have been made comply with minimal health and safety guidelines, for example sick staff should not be working with food IMO, more so staff with a highly contagious virus during a global pandemic.

If you're going to join in, be honest. MLMD was asking why a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue to operate. What she thought won't change the fact that a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed remain open carrying out business as usual. Nor does it take away, (going back to the start) from LV putting his foot in his mouth by pulling a Trump and attacking medical experts on their Covid 19 advice because it doesn't suit his agenda.

How do you know it wasn't made comply with the guidelines?

Seems like that you are throwing around accusations again with any basis at all, without any evidence.

Seeing as you are up-to-date on Mary-Lou's current position, does she want Level 5 or not?

No you did not.
    You later claimed that's what you meant.

I made a comment and you went off on a defensive rant. I'm only responding to be civil. I'm cool with leaving it here.

I don't know what else it could possibly have meant but we'll leave it there because it's adding nothing to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Garda Horkan? Show some respect. I think using anyone's funeral to get a dig in is a bit pathetic.

It's you getting the dig in and it's a sad one.

And yes, a meat plant with a covid cluster was allowed continue to operate.

And hospitals continued to operate with covid clusters, and nursing homes, and supermarkets, and schools, and fire stations, and garda stations.

That is the definition and nature of essential services.

Otherwise people starve or die or burn or don't get educated.

So what is your problem?

How do you know it wasn't made comply with the guidelines?

Seems like that you are throwing around accusations again with any basis at all, without any evidence.

Seeing as you are up-to-date on Mary-Lou's current position, does she want Level 5 or not?

Because...a meat plant with a covid cluster remained operational despite not supplying staff with PPE or acknowledging social distancing were possible. A newspaper broke the story. It was posted here, we all discussed it.

More dishonesty. You used a comment from JF, incorrectly making a statement about MLMD. I picked you up on it. You made a false claim about her position. I corrected you.
    What MLMD does or does not want, does not take away from LV making an arse of himself in a Trumpesque manner by attacking NPHET and not following their guidelines, despite your best efforts.

Do you think the government is right not to follow NPHET advice? If it goes tits up, who do you think we should look to?

I don't know what else it could possibly have meant but we'll leave it there because it's adding nothing to the discussion.

To recap:
    Nobotty wrote: »
    Thinking out loud here but if its going to cost another 20 billion in pups and wage subsidies and lost taxes to go to level 5,would it not make more sense to completely take over the private hospitals again and spend a billion or two quadrupling icu bed spaces?
    Joined up thinking like,is that not too much to ask?
    Isolate the nursing homes from the virus by making them live in for staff for 6 months and give them everything they need
    Surely a lot cheaper than a prolonged level 5
    It would way more than pay for itself
    But but but...something something something...Denis O'Brien...Larry Goodman...

"In a discussion about how the government is dealing with covid19 I made a comment that when private hospitals were mentioned the discussion usually focused on Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman. ".
    That's some leap. You raised the two lads from someone speaking on beds briefly.
    I raised KPMG and the broadband deal off of that, having posted on it yesterday and it being in the news yesterday.

This was my comment:
    ...rather than address the discussion go with nonsense.
    seeing as you raised it, KPMG charged the FG government 11m to advise them and they went with D' O'Brien. Tax payer money well spent considering it was pretty much an inevitability?

I think it was a fair comment.

• Advertisement

Jesus Michaél fairly rattled Michael Healy Reas cage today.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313473154724098050?s=09

And hospitals continued to operate with covid clusters, and nursing homes, and supermarkets, and schools, and fire stations, and garda stations.

That is the definition and nature of essential services.

Otherwise people starve or die or burn or don't get educated.

So what is your problem?

If a Garda had covid would it be okay for him to go into work side by side with fellow Garda? If a nurse had covid would it be okay for her to treat patients? If a food worker had covid and handed you a burger would you eat it? Are you playing silly or taking the piss?

It's like Dustin the Turkey arguing with Socky :)

It's you getting the dig in and it's a sad one.

Was you mocking a funeral as a quip not I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Because...a meat plant with a covid cluster remained operational despite not supplying staff with PPE or acknowledging social distancing were possible. A newspaper broke the story. It was posted here, we all discussed it.

More dishonesty. You used a comment from JF, incorrectly making a statement about MLMD. I picked you up on it. You made a false claim about her position. I corrected you.
    What MLMD does or does not want, does not take away from LV making an arse of himself in a Trumpesque manner by attacking NPHET and not following their guidelines, despite your best efforts.

Do you think the government is right not to follow NPHET advice? If it goes tits up, who do you think we should look to?

The sad thing about this post is the final question.
    I believe there are people out there who want it to go tits up so they can get that dig in.
    You repeated that question a few times in the last few days, I answered it from my point of view last night
    Do you support the govt decision to go to level three or do you think it should have been more if not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

These guys are paid for this, the leader of our country making a laugh in the Dáil

If a Garda had covid would it be okay for him to go into work side by side with fellow Garda? If a nurse had covid would it be okay for her to treat patients? If a food worker had covid and handed you a burger would you eat it? Are you playing silly or taking the piss?

Blanch knows quite well that our meat processing plants export Something like 85% of its produce, to suggest Irish people might die of hunger if some shut periodically, or completely is either knowingly an out an out lie, or misinformed guff. Toss a coin.

Comparing them with schools, Garda stations or hospitals is like something Ken Dodd and the Diddymen would have suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The sad thing about this post is the final question.
    I believe there are people out there who want it to go tits up so they can get that dig in.
    You repeated that question a few times in the last few days, I answered it from my point of view last night
    Do you support the govt decision to go to level three or do you think it should have been more if not?

The people rubbing their hands together with glee if the numbers go up in the north, because they can get a dig at the Shinners?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

These guys are paid for this, the leader of our country making a laugh in the Dáil

A little bit of levity is no harm, dude, especially when dealing with a gombeen like McGrath.

Don't take everything so seriously. Can't be good for a lad.

• Advertisement

To recap:

"In a discussion about how the government is dealing with covid19 I made a comment that when private hospitals were mentioned the discussion usually focused on Denis O'Brien or Larry Goodman. ".
    That's some leap. You raised the two lads from someone speaking on beds briefly.
    I raised KPMG and the broadband deal off of that, having posted on it yesterday and it being in the news yesterday.

This was my comment:

I think it was a fair comment.

My comment was nonsense. You got that part right but I thought it was obvious that I was making it jokingly.
    Your comment was nothing to do with the discussion but you're like a dog with a bone now.
    I thought we'd agreed to leave it but you seem obsessed with arguing? Again I ask...do you only log in to argue with people? The majority of your posts would indicate this to be the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement