Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A little bit of levity is no harm, dude, especially when dealing with a gombeen like McGrath.

Don't take everything so seriously. Can't be good for a lad.

I watched leaders Questions today and yet again Michaél never answered 1 question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The sad thing about this post is the final question.
    I believe there are people out there who want it to go tits up so they can get that dig in.
    You repeated that question a few times in the last few days, I answered it from my point of view last night
    Do you support the govt decision to go to level three or do you think it should have been more if not?

The sad thing is what your are thinking not the question. You end by posing the same question ffs.
    I was asking Blanch directly but he's dodging as per.

I think they should follow the advice of people who are more qualified than you or I.

aido79 wrote: »
    My comment was nonsense. You got that part right but I thought it was obvious that I was making it jokingly.
    Your comment was nothing to do with the discussion but you're like a dog with a bone now.
    I thought we'd agreed to leave it but you seem obsessed with arguing? Again I ask...do you only log in to argue with people? The majority of your posts would indicate this to be the case.

I was done until you accused me of having a rant because you got called out on the nonsense. That's pretty much it.
    You're the one making it personal now. I'll say g'day to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    The sad thing is what your are thinking not the question. You end by posing the same question ffs.
    I was asking Blanch directly but he's dodging as per.

I think they should follow the advice of people who are more qualified than you or I.

So you think we should be on level 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I was done until you accused me of having a rant because you got called out on the nonsense. That's pretty much it.
    You're the one making it personal now. I'll say g'day to you.

I'm not making it personal. Let's just leave it like we've already agreed and you can go find someone else to argue with.

• Advertisement

So you think we should be on level 5?

If that's the suggestion, yes. I'd follow the medical experts in a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

That's fair enough.

I know loads think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Even when we have amongst the lowest case rates in Europe and no other country has entered a 2nd full lockdown in the EU? I've no doubt we are moving to a Level 4 and Level 5 scenario, but it's a matter of knowing when to enter them.

If we had entered a Level 5 at midnight then we would have immediately placed half a million people back into unemployment, closed a large number of businesses permanently, and would be making the inevitability of us running out of money something that happens in Jan/Feb as opposed to April/May.

Politics isn't easy. For a man who spends so much time posting about it you seem to have a very blunt and simplistic understanding of the realities of it.

Even when we have amongst the lowest case rates in Europe and no other country has entered a 2nd full lockdown in the EU? I've no doubt we are moving to a Level 4 and Level 5 scenario, but it's a matter of knowing when to enter them.

If we had entered a Level 5 at midnight then we would have immediately placed half a million people back into unemployment, closed a large number of businesses permanently, and would be making the inevitability of us running out of money something that happens in Jan/Feb as opposed to April/May.

Politics isn't easy. For a man who spends so much time posting about it you seem to have a very blunt and simplistic understanding of the realities of it.

According to this we are far from dealing with it well

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1110187/coronavirus-incidence-europe-by-country/

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The very people who insisted it was right for the government to follow expert advice at the start are now defending the opposite position.

Dizzy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The very people who insisted it was right for the government to follow expert advice at the start are now defending the opposite position.

Dizzy stuff.

They are still following medical advice. The entire country was moved to Stage 3, and will be actively reviewed. They rejected the idea of moving immediately back to full lockdown because of the enormous societal and economic impact of making such a decision when no other country in the EU has done so. Hospital appointments cancelled, schools closed, hundreds of thousands of people out of work and the public purse running dry.

What people need to do now is adhere to the advice given, and use some of the legendary Irish camaraderie and spirit to all get back to the 'in this together' narrative.

Cheap political point scoring might make you and the lads feel like you're winning some virtual war that exists nside your collective mind, but it's just coming across as distasteful at this stage. Seriously for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

McMurphy wrote: »
    Jesus Michaél fairly rattled Michael Healy Reas cage today.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313473154724098050?s=09

Touched a nerve there.
    Thought "looking after" people who voted for you was the way things worked here, it's no great surprise. Taking advantage of a broken health system instead of actually fixing it.

Who will you take that lead from Jake the snake or Joe Duffy?

From a man who spends so much time commenting on others..yeah I'll take that on board :rolleyes:

Dizzy stuff.

As the man said, playing politics with a virus. What could possibly go wrong?

Touched a nerve there.
    Thought "looking after" people who voted for you was the way things worked here, it's no great surprise. Taking advantage of a broken health system instead of actually fixing it.

Fair play to him taking elderly people to get major operations. Not MHR fault the services arnt available locally. That's down to Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fair play to him taking elderly people to get major operations. Not MHR fault the services arnt available locally. That's down to Fine Gael

And every other party and independent too cowardly to grasp the healthcare nettle.

They are still following medical advice. The entire country was moved to Stage 3, and will be actively reviewed. They rejected the idea of moving immediately back to full lockdown because of the enormous societal and economic impact of making such a decision when no other country in the EU has done so. Hospital appointments cancelled, schools closed, hundreds of thousands of people out of work and the public purse running dry.

What people need to do now is adhere to the advice given, and use some of the legendary Irish camaraderie and spirit to all get back to the 'in this together' narrative.

Cheap political point scoring might make you and the lads feel like you're winning some virtual war that exists nside your collective mind, but it's just coming across as distasteful at this stage. Seriously for once.

The medical advice was that the country needed to go to Level 5.

The government decided to ignore that and come up with their own idea of the level.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1313558723210686464?s=19

Leo the snake. Tony deserves an apology now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

51 cases in Donegal today, we've been on 3 since Friday week, doubt full lockdown for 3 weeks is the only answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1313558723210686464?s=19

Leo the snake. Tony deserves an apology now

So the big fat botoxed baby had the limelight taken for two seconds and made a holy show of himself. Now he's trying to backpedal after painting himself into a corner. If we have to go into level five after Varadkar decided on level three remember it was him and his government that decided on level three.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Level 5 is inevitable
    It can only be done once because it won't change a thing other than reduce the disease for the height of the winter

You could have a level 10 and the same ar5eholes will spread this disease

All parties know this and have accepted the decision except pbp who are anarchist s
    Sf,lab,ff,fg and the rest are not anarchists so they know that graduation is the best policy or the economy will have no money left and there will be anarchy

Nobotty wrote: »
    Level 5 is inevitable
    It can only be done once because it won't change a thing other than reduce the disease for the height of the winter

All parties know this and have accepted the decision except pbp who are anarchist s
    Sf,lab,ff,fg and the rest are not anarchists so they know that graduation is the best policy or the economy will have no money left and there will be anarchy

Well before we go into phase 5, we need PUP back to 350, all support available to business and some plan for the hospitals. Rent evictions need be ended and mortgage breaks put in place
    Need to visit my GP called yesterday, can't get an appointment for a week. Good job I'm not dying

Level 5 is inevitable

If you tell people it's okay to go to a restaurant, they'll go. If you tell them it's not or make it so they can't, they won't. Arseholes included.
    The idea that restrictions are pointless because arseholes will go to Clifden on golf outings is a bit silly. We enforce seat belts despite some arseholes choosing not to wear them. Should we not bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Need to visit my GP called yesterday, can't get an appointment for a week. Good job I'm not dying

Are ya sure? :D

Floppybits wrote: »
    Are ya sure? :D

Sure I prob won't know next week either, get referred to Hospital and be waiting how long to be seen there?

If you tell people it's okay to go to a restaurant, they'll go. If you tell them it's not or make it so they can't, they won't. Arseholes included.
    The idea that restrictions are pointless because arseholes will go to Clifden on golf outings is a bit silly. We enforce seat belts despite some arseholes choosing not to wear them. Should we not bother?
    The ar5eholes I'm talking about wouldn't know what a golf club is
    They hold house parties, climb lampposts when drunk,don't social distance, never wash hands etc
    They're everywhere

The ar5eholes I'm talking about wouldn't know what a golf club is
    They hold house parties, climb lampposts when drunk,don't social distance, never wash hands etc
    They're everywhere

They're not gonna comply with Level 5 either or Level 42 as Simon Harris might say. :cool:

Prime Time

Stephen Donnelly: Leo made some good points in his interview on Claire Byrne last night

1 minute later Miriam said people felt he was unduly critical

Stephen: I didn't see the interview

This is what we are dealing with, no accountability and no answers

Prime Time

Stephen Donnelly: Leo made some good points in his interview on Claire Byrne last night

1 minute later Miriam said people felt he was unduly critical

Stephen: I didn't see the interview

This is what we are dealing with, no accountability and no answers

He's getting the easiest interview ever. Miriam almost apologising for asking him a question.

• Advertisement

They're not gonna comply with Level 5 either or Level 42 as Simon Harris might say. :cool:

Whats serious at the moment is we are hearing icu capacity has gone up
    Its the LOWEST in Europe and if there was a major incident in the morning requiring 30 icu beds,we have only 23 available
    30 billion spent on the pandemic so far and a ridiculously poor addition of beds
    The government should be renamed 'nothing done nothing more will be done' IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement