Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

McMurphy wrote: »
    Jesus Michaél fairly rattled Michael Healy Reas cage today.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1313473154724098050?s=09

Healy Rae displaying his absolute PIG IGNORANCE yet again

How? He didn’t organise or pay for the surgery. Just facilitated their trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Two of them in it. MM trying to showboat and H-R acting all outraged. Amateur dramatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It's FG arrogance in the extreme methinks. They expect when they get into government that 'politics and how things work to stop'. The opposition should start behaving like silent supplicants and not inflict damage on the government when they can.

There is a creeping attitude in FG that would appear to like a political situation akin to Singapore, where the opposition is just that, supplicants to make up the numbers and the mechanisms of the state are deployed to undermine the opposition at every opportunity.

Indeed, Leo's attempt at the 'Srategic Communication Unit' is directly out of the Singaporean playbook; where the population is constantly bombarded with advertising paid for by their own tax dollars how wonderful and clever the incumbent party is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Thousands of kids/teachers and people late for work, kids waiting outside for teachers to arrive as they were held up on crazy checkpoints.

Fair enough checkpoints but bit of cop on with the time, 99% of people on road at that time were taking their kids to school or on way work.

You can defend it all you like but we both know they won't be out that time tomorrow as they will be told cop on
    No in other words have a bit a cop on and realise upto 9am the majority of people will be on the way to school work etc. Kids in some schools had to put diff classes together until a teacher arrived as with teachers and subs missing their wasn't enough to mind all the kids (Going against all Covid Guidelines)
    School buses were held up, an hour in some cases.

If you think that's acceptable, fair enough
    8k tailbacks in Dublin

You haven't a clue about any of this.

Spouting nonsense that the government isn't doing enough, while ten minutes later spouting nonsense about what they are doing, without any semblance of a proposal for something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »

Spouting nonsense that the government isn't doing enough, while ten minutes later spouting nonsense about what they are doing, without any semblance of a proposal for something different.

Just using this a stick to beat the govt,Blanch.

Has no clue , just horse out bullsdust and hope some of it will stick.

Here’s the deal, take a look at what happened up in McAleers bar.

The jackasses up there couldn’t hold back and this this idiot wonders why there has to be restrictions.

You couldn’t make this up.

The jackasses up there couldn’t hold back and this this idiot wonders why there has to be restrictions.

What in the name of jaysus do SF have to do with fans of a local GAA club acting out? Silly stuff, but par for the course with the B.O.T. crew.

Yurt! wrote: »
    What in the name of jaysus do SF have to do with fans of a local GAA club acting out? Silly stuff, but par for the course with the B.O.T. crew.

Who mentioned SF, sahib.

Are you getting jittery or something?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Who mentioned SF, sahib.

Are you getting jittery or something?

You tried to pin the incident on them in several other posts. Low-quality and low-knowledge as usual.

I'm sure your Urdu/Pashto/Hindi is of a very high standard cabrón. We're all very impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »

Awh pet, ya having a bad day

• Advertisement

Why had we to have more restrictions here, people couldn't control themselves celebrations in GAA clubs/parishes every weekend for last 3 weeks, crazy scenes in Dublin and Galway.

But sure we are grand here

Yurt! wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

You tried to pin the incident on them in several other posts. Low-quality and low-knowledge as usual.

I'm sure your Urdu/Pashto/Hindi is of a very high standard cabrón. We're all very impressed.

Well then address the relevant posts ,please don’t make up something to suit your agenda.

Well then address the relevant posts ,please don’t make up something to suit your agenda.

Yeah, nah, cabrón.

Colette Browne.........come on dude , surely you can do better than that.

There's been stories about it across major news outlets and radio shows all day but as I said, well done to the Govt. They are doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is she a bit hard on poor old Leo and FG too Brendan?

That story was covered at length on RTE today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

RIGHT
    There are 2 Huge extra reasons why the disease in the North is worse than the south
    Welfare Payments are higher in the south as are supports for businesses
    So up north there's bigger incentives for people to sadly hide their disease and go to work and spread it
    There is an open border with GB

I'm pretty sure SF wouldn't mind closing the GB border AND rise the Payments if they were allowed to

Next thing,its very annoying to see politicians war over a dangerous disease
    So would people Quit the nonsense jeering the North please
    It is what it is

A circuit break could happen with no pain if people not adhering to guidelines did their duty
    Thats what it is
    Governments imposing the circuit break though because too many people haven't the cop on to adhere to guidelines is whats costly
    It doesn't have to be
    But I've no faith anymore in people

Is she a bit hard on poor old Leo and FG too Brendan?

That story was covered at length on RTE today.

They only see the news they want to see and what Leo tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paddydans

How would defending yourself for helping people get an operation be pig ignorance??

Doubt any of the people that have used that service would have found it funny like Micheal Martin, or the people waiting for procedures to be carried out.

• Advertisement

So Holohan says he spoke to Donnelly about his concerns before the recommendations were issued.

The huge 'shock' story is a bit of lie, so.
    FG and FF playing politics with a pandemic ...great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Pot, kettle.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

So Holohan says he spoke to Donnelly about his concerns before the recommendations were issued.

In fairness he did not say he gave him any indication what level they would recommend, so we cannot say that
    But he did possibly hint that it was after the 2nd phonecall or after the email that the story was leaked but didn't speculate on how
    I don't think his 2nd phone call at tea time or the email had much time between them and the story breaking
    So there's no hay to be made there IMO

Spoke to him at before the NHEPT meeting and after it. Is it an Wonder the majority have lost confidence in the Govt

Nobotty wrote: »
    In fairness he did not say he gave him any indication what level they would recommend, so we cannot say that
    But he did possibly hint that it was after the 2nd phonecall or after the email that the story was leaked but didn't speculate on how
    I don't think his 2nd phone call at tea time or the email had much time between them and the story breaking
    So there's no hay to be made there IMO

Were they talking about 'Dancing with the Stars' do you think?
    Despite the heavy spin from the Fine Gael lobby the last few days, Holohan says they didn't announce it. Someone somewhere let it slip.
    My money is on a well paid special adviser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bowie wrote: »
    Despite the heavy spin from the Fine Gael lobby the last few days, Holohan says they didn't announce it. Someone somewhere let it slip.

If it involves Donnelly they could well have been talking about dancing with the stars.

These leaks aren't done without prior knowledge, this has been a tactic of FG for a while now.

Bowie wrote: »

I've no confidence in Donnelly but I can already hear the answer if asked tomorrow, that in the space of the hours window maybe on the 2nd call and the leak,it was not possible to inform the Taoiseach or Tánaiste
    So yes no hay to be made there
    There's no doubt the 2nd call would have mentioned the level 5

Pretty worrying the Minister for Health and the 2 eejets in charge don't even seem to be on the same page never mind the HSE and NHEPT

Say what you want about Holohan and his other career issues but he is ordinately more professional and mature than the Tamiste.
    That was a masterful press conference and not a little alarming. I hope Leo and Co know more about the virus than NPHET because it looks to me like NPHET are signaling this could get a lot worse.
    CMO wrote:
    “The level of concern I had then, is less than the level of concern I have now”.

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    I've no confidence in Donnelly but I can already hear the answer if asked tomorrow, that in the space of the hours window maybe on the 2nd call and the leak,it was not possible to inform the Taoiseach or Tánaiste
    So yes no hay to be made there
    There's no doubt the 2nd call would have mentioned the level 5

The 'hay' as you put it is in someone leaking it and Varadkar showing he's not a team player opting for the bratty outburst as is his usual manner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement