Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nobotty wrote: »
    RIGHT
    There are 2 Huge extra reasons why the disease in the North is worse than the south
    Welfare Payments are higher in the south as are supports for businesses
    So up north there's bigger incentives for people to sadly hide their disease and go to work and spread it
    There is an open border with GB

I'm pretty sure SF wouldn't mind closing the GB border AND rise the Payments if they were allowed to

Next thing,its very annoying to see politicians war over a dangerous disease
    So would people Quit the nonsense jeering the North please
    It is what it is

A circuit break could happen with no pain if people not adhering to guidelines did their duty
    Thats what it is
    Governments imposing the circuit break though because too many people haven't the cop on to adhere to guidelines is whats costly
    It doesn't have to be
    But I've no faith anymore in people

Firstly, there are more than two reasons why it is higher in the North, and I would doubt both of those reasons.

In relation to the Social Welfare issue, you state that your are "pretty sure SF wouldn't mind closing the GB border AND rise the Payments if they were allowed to". Unfortunately, Sinn Fein voluntarily gave away the power to change social welfare payments - that is 100% on them as a result. As for the business supports, what's stopping them. As a start, they could raise the money by reversing the pay rises they gave themselves and their advisers up North. They found the money for the Stay and Spend scheme.

The other reasons are that they opened up too quickly and too comprehensively - again, that is on Sinn Fein. They cried and moaned about the wet pubs not opening down here, while they let them go mad up there. Even when the Tyrone GAA men were singing Up the Ra, they did nothing about such gatherings. After the Storey funeral, every funeral was fair game for hundreds of mourners. All of that is on Sinn Fein.

Now, they are sitting on their hands while people are dying.

Finally, we have the same Common Travel Area with the other island. In fact, if anyone can be blamed for cross-border, it is Sinn Fein as the spread into Donegal from Northern Ireland is thanks to the lax approach up there.

Not buying the excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    The 'hay' as you put it is in someone leaking it and Varadkar showing he's not a team player opting for the bratty outburst as is his usual manner.

The infatuation with Leo runs deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Feck me blanch I had my money on a SF win for a change...you are always disappointing me. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Firstly, there are more than two reasons why it is higher in the North, and I would doubt both of those reasons.

In relation to the Social Welfare issue, you state that your are "pretty sure SF wouldn't mind closing the GB border AND rise the Payments if they were allowed to". Unfortunately, Sinn Fein voluntarily gave away the power to change social welfare payments - that is 100% on them as a result. As for the business supports, what's stopping them. As a start, they could raise the money by reversing the pay rises they gave themselves and their advisers up North. They found the money for the Stay and Spend scheme.

The other reasons are that they opened up too quickly and too comprehensively - again, that is on Sinn Fein. They cried and moaned about the wet pubs not opening down here, while they let them go mad up there. Even when the Tyrone GAA men were singing Up the Ra, they did nothing about such gatherings. After the Storey funeral, every funeral was fair game for hundreds of mourners. All of that is on Sinn Fein.

Finally, we have the same Common Travel Area with the other island. In fact, if anyone can be blamed for cross-border, it is Sinn Fein as the spread into Donegal from Northern Ireland is thanks to the lax approach up there.

Not buying the excuses.

So your blaming Sinn Féin for people crossing the border and coming into Donegal now hahaha
    What the **** do you want them to do?

That's the best I've heard yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Feck me blanch I had my money on a SF win for a change...you are always disappointing me. :D

I'm waiting on Varadkar to blame SF for the leak from NPHET on Sunday evening, after all he blames them for everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The infatuation with Leo runs deep.

Your insistence on creeping posters is uncomfortable and weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Pretty worrying the Minister for Health and the 2 eejets in charge don't even seem to be on the same page never mind the HSE and NHEPT

According to Holohan, they are on the same page,they just chose to put economic needs into the decision
    Unless I've missed something, so have the opposition with the exception of the anarchist pbp.
    Holohan wants to move on
    So do I ,so I won't be joining the usual tit for tat,just posting my opinion that hay can't be made on this if there's no row
    They've kissed and made up despite the language used on Claire Byrne
    Journos tried every trick in the book to get Holohan to say otherwise and he didn't

Not buying the excuses.

You frown on politicians using advisers do you...how about down south...no? Didn't think so.

So that little pub quip, you are happy to push that spin, the one where you were shown to be wrong? Very dishonest.

Still banging on about the Storey funeral but still no condemnation for the Horkan one? Not very credible Blanch.

So SF rule the north? No DUP? No westminister? Playing dumb to get a dig.

According to Holohan, they are on the same page,they just chose to put economic needs into the decision
    Unless I've missed something, so have the opposition with the exception of the anarchist pbp.
    Holohan wants to move on
    So do I ,so I won't be joining the usual tit for tat,just posting my opinion that hay can't be made on this if there's no row
    Journos tried every trick in the book to get Holohan to say otherwise and he didn't

How are they on 'the same page'?

Holohan is more worried now than he was on Sunday.

He is clearly intimating there that he still thinks Leo's solo run is a mistake.

Holohan wants to move on

They have not, Tony made it well aware the Govt knew what was happening Sunday and Leo's outrage and surprise was all for show

• Advertisement

They have not, Tony made it well aware the Govt knew what was happening Sunday and Leo's outrage and surprise was all for show

Since partnering with FF, LV has been trying to play the outsider. Piss poor attitude for 'stability' and all that ****e talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Since partnering with FF, LV has been trying to play the outsider. Piss poor attitude for 'stability' and all that ****e talk.

Jesis will ya ever give up your infatuation with Leo.
    It's laughable at this stage.
    Leo, Leo, Leo. There must be a shrine somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Leo really annoys a certain type of person. You’ll find a lot of them hanging around on the internet all day. It’s amusing how much annoyance he causes them. I’d say they see positive attributes in him that they simply don’t have themselves - integrity, hard work, ambition, pragmatism, intelligence. And that irks them something rotten.

Where and when did he say that?

At the very best Leo's outburst has shown that there is a serious communication problem n the government.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/holohan-warned-government-about-covid-fears-before-controversial-nphet-meeting-39599176.html

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313934220906164225?s=19

He also states in same interview they spoke after it. So we are not allowed discuss the Govt lying to us? If Leo didn't make a clown of himself every week, he wouldn't be talked about

What problem do you have with a poster commenting on the tanaiste/leader of FG in a FF/FG thread? Seems maybe you're in the wrong place Bish?

Leo really annoys a certain type of person. You’ll find a lot of them hanging around on the internet all day. It’s amusing how much annoyance he causes them. I’d say they see positive attributes in him that they simply don’t have themselves - integrity, hard work, ambition, pragmatism, intelligence. And that irks them something rotten.

The arse has fallen out of his personal rating in the latest poll. Down a whooping 10% and it was before his intemperate rant.

So he seems to be 'annoying' quite a few.

Obsessing over other posters again? Not healthy dude.
    LV makes an arse of himself, it gets mentioned. Maybe get a more competent mature leader?

Integrity jesus hahaha he may work hard, has ambition is intelligant but integrity, that made me spit out my tea

• Advertisement

What problem do you have with a poster commenting on the tanaiste/leader of FG in a FF/FG thread? Seems maybe you're in the wrong place Bish?

Not me Bowie, we don't have a political president, we have a govt with a cabinet, no solo decisions made.
    Leo doesn't walk in and say OK we do this and that's it.
    It's a democratic process and all decisions on which direction we take on anything are agreed decisions.
    Your infatuation with applying every decision made with just Leo is laughable.

Not me Bowie, we don't have a political president, we have a govt with a cabinet, no solo decisions made.
    It's a democratic process and all decisions on which direction we take on anything are agreed decisions.

One jurnalist said sources told him that it was Leo who wouldn't have Level 5.

Obsessing over other posters again? Not healthy dude.
    LV makes an arse of himself, it gets mentioned. Maybe get a more competent mature leader?

Not obsessing over any poster. I wasn’t even referring to this site really. More the sort of angry, underachieving men who spend all day on Twitter waiting for someone to post something they can be outraged about. Most of them are losers in life. That is the only outlet in life for them. They don’t have the gumption, guile, intellect, or vim to do anything themselves, so they become unhealthily obsessed with those who they perceive to be part of an elite.

It’s tragic stuff really. Waste of a life. Not sure the internet has been a positive for these people. They’ve disappeared down the rabbit hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313934220906164225?s=19

He also states in same interview they spoke after it. So we are not allowed discuss the Govt lying to us? If Leo didn't make a clown of himself every week, he wouldn't be talked about

That tweet does not say anyone lied
    Wheres that coming from?
    Did Donnelly mention the phonecalls at all up to now,
    Clear only the 2nd call 'around teatime ' would have mentioned level 5
    The news was out at 8 via the leak
    It is not unreasonable that Donnelly and the Taoiseach did not speak before rte had the story

The arse has fallen out of his personal rating in the latest poll. Down a whooping 10% and it was before his intemperate rant.

So he seems to be 'annoying' quite a few.

65% approval rating I believe. 20% higher than any other party leader. Using your brand of unique logic, that means he’s annoying far less people than any of the others. And that includes your beloved Mary Lou.

Leo choose to have his rant Monday night not the Govt so obvs people will be talking about Leo since it's now clear he knew all about NEPHT concerns on Sunday and wasn't as surprised as he made out.

One jurnalist said sources told him that it was Leo who wouldn't have Level 5.

So Leo was the only one in cabinet agaibsrmt level 5?
    Its just that many ministers have said level 5 was too much.

65% approval rating I believe. 20% higher than any other party leader. Using your brand of unique logic, that means he’s annoying far less people than any of the others. And that includes your beloved Mary Lou.

Losing 10% in one lump indicates what I said at the time was probably right, his rush to the cameras to take the credit and plaudits for the intial reaction to the pandemic fooled the electorate. I said it wouldn't last and he'd soon be tumbling back down. Didn't think it would be quite so steep, but Leo is good! :)

So Leo was the only one in cabinet agaibsrmt level 5?
    Its just that many ministers have said level 5 was too much.

That was reported the night it happened. Of course 'many' will fall in behind.

• Advertisement

When yous have, something to say that doesn't include just Leo get back to me.
    He's probably a picture on a shinner introduced dart board and yous sit with one hand typing on boards.ie with one hand and throwing darts at Leo with the other.
    This isn't a normal type of govt criticising thread anymore, it's just a Leo rant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement