Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

FG positively encourage them to go into shared power.

Good enough for some, but not good enough for 'the chosen people' of the south.

If FF or FG can't get in here, it will be a shock horror...'political crisis'. :):)

Francie, well done that is actually a good point.

I suppose like the decision to release Gerry McCabe's murderers and those who murdered and maimed so may others the choice was encourage them or watch the killing continue. Sinn Fein made it quite clear at the time. A ****ty shameful compromise but one that had to be made. And the 6 counties are better for it.

No reason to buy the same **** sandwich here though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Rubbish
    Other wise Tony Holahan wasn't socially distanced from the sign language people every day at the department of health briefings
    You just want to deny zoom lens science because it demolish's that Rubbish

Balls.

Find one, just one post of mine where I pretend to give a shyte about whether Leo or anyone else in fg might have slipped up with socially distancing or not.

I just called out how their cheerleaders will stop at nothing in an attempt to bend over backwards to mentally defend them

You won't be able to present a single shred of evidence to support your theory, and without it you just come across as making excuses.

Put forward your evidence to back your claim and I'll stop laughing at your excuses.

It's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If the country was put first I couldn't care less who makes up the government. Current housing policies are making matters worse and expensively so. Al the foreva home ****e talk in the world doesn't take away from the fact that 25 year leases on luxury apartments for use as social in madness.
    Someone in the FG camp is sending an all party mail out to try get them to vote against this latest pact.
    We've rumblings in FF and the young FG and Green teams are against it too. Although I'd say for very different reasons.
    FF's only saving grace is they'll build social and affordable. I'd rather developers coining it in building them than investment funds and landlord companies so they can lease us D4 apartments and the like FG style.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Francie, well done that is actually a good point.

I suppose like the decision to release Gerry McCabe's murderers and those who murdered and maimed so may others the choice was encourage them or watch the killing continue. Sinn Fein made it quite clear at the time. A ****ty shameful compromise but one that had to be made. And the 6 counties are better for it.

No reason to buy the same **** sandwich here though

But that is not what Leo is saying when he extols them to go into government.

You can vote for whatever ****sandwich you want of course. But stop defending hypocrisy.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What did he do in breach of the rules?

Do you have proof of the rule-breach? If so, contact the Gardai.

P.S. This is straight out of the SFOS handbook I got this morning.

Yes, constant abuse, unproven allegations and nasty name calling against politicians and anyone you feel supports them, just because you don't like the party they are in are terrible altogether :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Shefwedfan - memes aren't a meaningful contribution to the conversation. Take 24 hours away from the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Water John wrote: »
    Been away largely from Boards for a few days. Just read back a page or two on this thread. It has descended to a level of about the comments section of the journal.ie

Anyone addressing the substance?

Not a chance, there is nothing that they can disagree with in the programme. Hence, the feeble attempts to complain about Leo drinking a can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Not a chance, there is nothing that they can disagree with in the programme. Hence, the feeble attempts to complain about Leo drinking a can.

1. Money. Where is the money coming from?

Answer that and il provide more

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

FG positively encourage them to go into shared power.

Good enough for some, but not good enough for 'the chosen people' of the south.

If FF or FG can't get in here, it will be a shock horror...'political crisis'. :):)

Great, Sinn Fein were in power in the North?

Let us see how we judge them then.

Disappeared for three years, failed to give nurses the pay increase that they were due, fapped about concerned about an Irish Language Act while the homeless numbers were far greater on a per capita basis than the South, handed over control of social welfare to Westminister, presided over a sectarian dysfunctional education system, and finally, waited for Dublin to provide PPE for them while they sat around.

If FG didn't see all that, and concluded SF were fit for government, then they would be idiotic.

Great, Sinn Fein were in power in the North?

Let us see how we judge them then.

Disappeared for three years, failed to give nurses the pay increase that they were due, fapped about concerned about an Irish Language Act while the homeless numbers were far greater on a per capita basis than the South, handed over control of social welfare to Westminister, presided over a sectarian dysfunctional education system, and finally, waited for Dublin to provide PPE for them while they sat around.

If FG didn't see all that, and concluded SF were fit for government, then they would be idiotic.

'Shared' power.

And that rant based on your ever burgeoning bias and boogeymen under the bed not to mention your rampant partitionism is old and tired.

You have had your ass handed to you several times on it and disappear every time when you cannot sustain the misrepresenting of the actual situation and events anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

When will the Green votes be in re the PFG? Exciting times... I have no idea how I'd vote tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

No....its evidently not...i linked his story earlier

(Lads whinge about people refusing to supply links,and then noone reads em,say that'll finish me with providing them :rolleyes: )

Oh sorry about that. So many "mechanics" working away making devices to kill and maim innocent people its easy to get confused.

Googled your hero. Court of Appeal found the evidence "particularly cogent and compelling". See link below

https://www.anglocelt.ie/2020/05/01/mechanics-conviction-for-ira-membership-upheld/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

McMurphy wrote: »
    Balls.

Find one, just one post of mine where I pretend to give a shyte about whether Leo or anyone else in fg might have slipped up with socially distancing or not.

I just called out how their cheerleaders will stop at nothing in an attempt to bend over backwards to mentally defend them

You won't be able to present a single shred of evidence to support your theory, and without it you just come across as making excuses.

Put forward your evidence to back your claim and I'll stop laughing at your excuses.

It's as simple as that.

Codswallop
    You belittled my explanation for what you see on tv
    That's evidence of your attempt to present Leo as not social distancing

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    When will the Green votes be in re the PFG? Exciting times... I have no idea how I'd vote tbh.

I think the result of the votes for all three parties will be known on the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

'Shared' power.
    Coalition's are also shared power
    It's what SF will have to do in the Republic to be in government
    Closing down a shared government for 3 years is not a good look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

This business of FF giving their entire membership a say on going into government is a recent thing. Back in 1989 the majority of the membership were against going into government with the pds because "FF don't do coalitions" but Haughey did it anyway

The last few pages are a testament to the fact that those partial to a little FG have nothing to say on them looking like forming a government with longtime bedfellows FF and everybody's patsy's the Greens.

What seats will MM and LV get? Will EM have to go back and finish his leaving? Will SH try get re-accepted and finish his exams?
    Will Willie O'Dea make a smug comeback to a ministerial role?
    Eamo just wants a nice title and to be seen.
    How will FF bunging millions to developers marry with FG's bunging millions to investment funds?
    What interesting new idea will they concoct for the next quango? Carbon metering on each house? Farm the Phoenix? And which struggling company will be sold at a loss to the tax payer so we can then give them the contract? Who will we practically pay to buy it first/during? All to play for.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Coalition's are also shared power
    It's what SF will have to do in the Republic to be in government
    Closing down a shared government for 3 years is not a good look

They didn't. They closed it down to get an independent inquiry going after 10 or so years of DUP footdragging on a myriad of rights issues.

They negotiated a deal to resume and the DUP walked away from it 2 years ago.

p.s. and it is not a coalition as it is here.

The idea that you would say any party here was ultimately successful in coalitions is laughable. The last one failed as did C&S when the government was collapsed rather than bring a health minister under account.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bowie wrote: »
    The last few pages are a testament to the fact that those partial to a little FG have nothing to say on them looking like forming a government with longtime bedfellows FF and everybody's patsy's the Greens.

What seats will MM and LV get? Will EM have to go back and finish his leaving? Will SH try get re-accepted and finish his exams?
    Will Willie O'Dea make a smug comeback to a ministerial role?
    Eamo just wants a nice title and to be seen.
    Well the Greens are the uncertainty, we know what the other two do. One would bet on them being first to bale out of an "unhappy marriage". O'Cuiv might be included on account of the Gaeilge but not both. FF, it's being suggested, are looking at getting some yoof in there via the barely shaving Chambers et al. Calleary, McGrath, Byrne ( :( ) and one or two of the ladies might be in with a shout. FG will probably look to promote people, The likes of Heather and the excellent McEntee may go places. If any of them have sense they should also look at getting some of the newbies some committee experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It seems that the Green party have decided today that the M20 motorway between Limerick and Cork will not go ahead within the next five years.
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1273608181776867328

As I posted on another thread:
    The amount of times that I saw traffic backed up for many kilometers due to various reasons on the main road between Ireland's 2nd and 3rd largest cities are numerous. It is happening on a daily basis I presume, with one of the reasons being a slow moving tractor that cannot be safely passed on one of the bottleneck sections. Can't blame the tractor driver; it's their road too.

So we have a situation of national commerce via trucks and other commercial vehicles, emergency vehicles, and general traffic crawling along due to the unsuitable situation of the Cork/Limerick road. If there was a study done on the pollutants pumped into the air and atmosphere due to these slow moving vehicles, I would hazard a guess that bottleneck pollution and the cost to the economy far exceeds the cost to build the M20 from Cork to Limerick.

This decision was inevitable though when there was a sniff of the Greens getting into power. They will be disastrous for the country, and it is undemocratic that such a small party could have such wide ranging negative consequences for the majority of the people in this country who did not vote for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Kivaro wrote: »
    It seems that the Green party have decided today that the M20 motorway between Limerick and Cork will not go ahead within the next five years.

The amount of times that I saw traffic backed up for many kilometers due to various reasons on the main road between Ireland's 2nd and 3rd largest cities are numerous. It is happening on a daily basis I presume, with one of the reasons being a slow moving tractor that cannot be safely passed on one of the bottleneck sections. Can't blame the tractor driver; it's their road too.

So we have a situation of national commerce via trucks and other commercial vehicles, emergency vehicles, and general traffic crawling along due to the unsuitable situation of the Cork/Limerick road. If there was a study done on the pollutants pumped into the air and atmosphere due to these slow moving vehicles, I would hazard a guess that bottleneck pollution and the cost to the economy far exceeds the cost to build the M20 from Cork to Limerick.

This decision was inevitable though when there was a sniff of the Greens getting into power. They will be disastrous for the country, and it is undemocratic that such a small party could have such wide ranging negative consequences for the majority of the people in this country who did not vote for them.

Which other 'wide-ranging' negative effects are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Which other 'wide-ranging' negative effects are you referring to?
    To come to think of it, there could be one positive with this decision.
    It would allow drivers stuck in slow single lane traffic between Cork and Limerick to look out their windows and watch the newly introduced wolves roaming the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭combat14

Just saw this posted on facebook.. not sure how accurate it is .. anyone else seen it or any thoughts?!

An internal investigation is underway in Fine Gael Party after members were urged to vote against entering into government with Fianna Fáil and the Green Party in a postal campaign initiated by senior party membership.

An unsigned campaign leaflet was posted by members to members this morning warning of the impacts the coalition could have on the party. The leaflet arrived on the same day as the ballots on the programme for government.

Fine Gael sources said they do not know who is behind the campaign or how they gained access to addresses of members.

Another Fine Gael source said there is a “big stewards inquiry” underway into how those behind the document could access the database of members.

Ironically a Fine Gael spokesperson said: “an inquiry is underway to establish if there has been a breach of GDPR.” We all know their track record on Data Protection.

The four page document which landed in the letter boxes makes a series of claims about the programme for government aimed at persuading Fine Gael members to vote against the deal.

Claiming the deal will result in a ban on live cattle exports.

It also says the agreement will result in restrictions on one off rural houses and the cancellation of major infrastructure projects.

The document says the government deal will be a “huge boost” to Sinn Féin who will be the “formal leaders of the Opposition” in the next Dáil.

It says Fine Gael should be “taking leadership” rather than “taking up position as a junior partner in a coalition with Fianna Fáil”.

The document says Fine Gael will have “less clout” in government with a reduced number of ministers and will be “drowned out” by the other parties.

It also suggests a general election could be held after July 20 when social distancing restrictions are eased further, and notes that votes have been held in Poland and Croatia.

The commitment to increase councillors pay in the programme for government is described as a “shameless attempt to bribe” local authority representatives.

“300,00 people have lost their jobs in the private sector in recent months. The next Government simply will not be in a position to deliver pay increases to politicians,” it says.

“Fine Gael’s councillors are the bedrock of its electoral base and should not be bribed or bought into supporting this coalition by a promise which the next government cannot deliver.

The document ends by quoting former Fine Gael leaders criticising Fianna Fáil.

John A Costello is quoted as calling Fianna Fáil “bankrupt of ideas, arrogant, divisive and harmful” on his retirement in 1969.

An 1968 Dáil quote from Liam Cosgrove is also included. “The value of Fianna Fáil to the Irish people might be judged by the face that their main energies were being devoted to changing the voting system so that they could stay in office, even in the face of a large hostile majority,” he said.

combat14 wrote: »
    Just saw this posted on facebook.. not sure how accurate it is .. anyone else seen it or any thoughts?!

An internal investigation is underway in Fine Gael Party after members were urged to vote against entering into government with Fianna Fáil and the Green Party in a postal campaign initiated by senior party membership.

An unsigned campaign leaflet was posted by members to members this morning warning of the impacts the coalition could have on the party. The leaflet arrived on the same day as the ballots on the programme for government.

Fine Gael sources said they do not know who is behind the campaign or how they gained access to addresses of members.

Another Fine Gael source said there is a “big stewards inquiry” underway into how those behind the document could access the database of members.

Ironically a Fine Gael spokesperson said: “an inquiry is underway to establish if there has been a breach of GDPR.” We all know their track record on Data Protection.

The four page document which landed in the letter boxes makes a series of claims about the programme for government aimed at persuading Fine Gael members to vote against the deal.

Claiming the deal will result in a ban on live cattle exports.

It also says the agreement will result in restrictions on one off rural houses and the cancellation of major infrastructure projects.

The document says the government deal will be a “huge boost” to Sinn Féin who will be the “formal leaders of the Opposition” in the next Dáil.

It says Fine Gael should be “taking leadership” rather than “taking up position as a junior partner in a coalition with Fianna Fáil”.

The document says Fine Gael will have “less clout” in government with a reduced number of ministers and will be “drowned out” by the other parties.

It also suggests a general election could be held after July 20 when social distancing restrictions are eased further, and notes that votes have been held in Poland and Croatia.

The commitment to increase councillors pay in the programme for government is described as a “shameless attempt to bribe” local authority representatives.

“300,00 people have lost their jobs in the private sector in recent months. The next Government simply will not be in a position to deliver pay increases to politicians,” it says.

“Fine Gael’s councillors are the bedrock of its electoral base and should not be bribed or bought into supporting this coalition by a promise which the next government cannot deliver.

The document ends by quoting former Fine Gael leaders criticising Fianna Fáil.

John A Costello is quoted as calling Fianna Fáil “bankrupt of ideas, arrogant, divisive and harmful” on his retirement in 1969.

An 1968 Dáil quote from Liam Cosgrove is also included. “The value of Fianna Fáil to the Irish people might be judged by the face that their main energies were being devoted to changing the voting system so that they could stay in office, even in the face of a large hostile majority,” he said.

Somebody posted a tweet about it and with pictures of the flyer on one of the threads

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

combat14 wrote: »

An internal investigation is underway in Fine Gael Party after members were urged to vote against entering into government with Fianna Fáil and the Green Party in a postal campaign initiated by senior party membership..

Anything to back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

They could run a minority government- it might last, it might not- it just might suit quite a few people on the sidelines to prop it up.........

If it stayed in office until autumn of next year, I could live with that as long as the Offences Against the State Act is renewed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FG or FF didnt set up Irish water. It was part of the bailout they had to set it up

You are aware of that?

I am fully aware of the history of Irish Water. Don't get me started.

Remind me, did the bailout mandate that FG/Lab set up Irish Water with so much overstaffing, waste, corruption, cronyism, bonus-culture, poor planning, bureaucracy, poor support, poor communications, poor leadership, contractor overspend etc etc?

Alan Dukes 2014

"A glorious, god-awful mess has been made of Irish Water. We've ended up with a system now that no rational person would have invented if they had sat down to put this kind of system together. The hope must be that it will work lamely until some sort of coherent system is put in place."

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well the Greens are the uncertainty, we know what the other two do. One would bet on them being first to bale out of an "unhappy marriage". O'Cuiv might be included on account of the Gaeilge but not both. FF, it's being suggested, are looking at getting some yoof in there via the barely shaving Chambers et al. Calleary, McGrath, Byrne ( :( ) and one or two of the ladies might be in with a shout. FG will probably look to promote people, The likes of Heather and the excellent McEntee may go places. If any of them have sense they should also look at getting some of the newbies some committee experience.

I can't see the Green's bailing IF they go in. FF/FG being FF/FG is to be expected.
    O'Cuiv is one of the most dangerous personalities in politics IMO. He'd have us all kneeling for the Angelus and knowing our place. FF need some new blood but FG made a balls trying that out. It really looked like that was the gimmick with Harris and Murphy. I can only hope they go into the ether.
    I'd prefer if the Greens got in on something beside Environment. I know it's their bag but we can't trust FF/FG. If we have the Greens as an alleged watchdog, they need be looking at where the money goes. Keeping an eye on waste and cronyism.

Kivaro wrote: »

Is the 'wishlist' in tatters already...or is it all things to all men and women? :)
    https://mobile.twitter.com/fionnansheahan/status/1273638626736377856

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Of course she is! For a TD like her, resources are what it's all about!

And for a completely useless, stammering nincompoop like her, who has achieved the square root of SFA during her 13 years of preaching from her smug, holier than thou, mé féin pulpit, the accumulation of over 13 years of TD's salary (plus expenses) represents a pretty impressive trough of resources.

(I note that she was 66 last year, so she's probably trousering the State Contributory Pension too, the hypocritical parasite.)

Don't make me puke.

I think you'll make yourself puke if you don't stop waffling and calm down.

I notice you never made mention of the FG TDs I quoted....

Here it is again... I know, I wish the SDs had more hard working and honest TDs like Alan Farrell, Maria Bailey and Dara Murphy (where are all those fake expenses now?).

How did they do in the trough? :D

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement