Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Who should I blame when im paying more tax next year?
    Im leaning towards the greens. And I voted for them.
    Well my wallet will decide if I ever vote for them again :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FG or FF didnt set up Irish water. It was part of the bailout they had to set it up

You are aware of that?

https://www.thejournal.ie/fergus-odowd-irish-water-agendas-privatisation-1825719-Dec2014/
    Former minister who set up Irish Water says 'forces' at work to privatise company

FG or FF didnt set up Irish water. It was part of the bailout they had to set it up

You are aware of that?

The 'bailout' set it up....no no, it was real FG ministers...Remember Trickle Hogan??

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/former-minister-accuses-hogan-of-hubris-over-irish-water-1.3237606
    Former minister of state Fergus O’Dowd has claimed he was ignored when he warned then environment minister Phil Hogan that Irish Water needed a “proper, professional communications strategy” when it was being established.

Mr O’Dowd, who was involved in the establishment of the water authority, said he told Mr Hogan, now European Commissioner for Agriculture, “that it would be an unmitigated disaster”.

“Needless to say I was not listened to and hubris and arrogance won out over logic and concern for ordinary people,” Mr O’Dowd said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Dublin will look like Minneapolis if they even attempt that, there will be a total uprising against the Govt if they try that stunt. It won't be hard to provoke either with a corrupt Traitor Fianna Fail Taoiseach and the legitimate election winners Sinn Fein kept out of power. Everyone says these things will never happen but it won't take much to provoke a powerful backlash now from the citizens.

You are aware of that?

I'll be your huckleberry...

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Oh sorry about that. So many "mechanics" working away making devices to kill and maim innocent people its easy to get confused.

Googled your hero. Court of Appeal found the evidence "particularly cogent and compelling". See link below

https://www.anglocelt.ie/2020/05/01/mechanics-conviction-for-ira-membership-upheld/

Never said he was my hero,wind your neck in kid (his guilt or otherwise is insignificant to me)

Just the evidence to.convict him,isnt enough and cases like this strengthen calls to ablosish the SCC?

Its a pure joke people will defend this and shout down anyone raising concerns surronding this

You are aware of that?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/repair-bill-of-136-000-for-dublin-water-meter-leaks-1.1679723
    Dublin City Council has had to repair leaks at almost one in 50 homes where water meters have been installed by contractors working for Irish Water.

Council workers have fixed almost 250 leaks, at a cost of €136,000, resulting from damage to pipes following the installation of the meters.

Lest we forget eh...;)

JimmyVik wrote: »

Price of diesel is up 3c a litre already this week,in place near work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's not leather is it? ;)

Of course she is! For a TD like her, resources are what it's all about!

And for a completely useless, stammering nincompoop like her, who has achieved the square root of SFA during her 13 years of preaching from her smug, holier than thou, mé féin pulpit, the accumulation of over 13 years of TD's salary (plus expenses) represents a pretty impressive trough of resources.

(I note that she was 66 last year, so she's probably trousering the State Contributory Pension too, the hypocritical parasite.)

Don't make me puke.

If it comes down to someones word it's unlikely the tax payer will see any recourse anyway.
    She achieved the possibility, possibility mind, of FG politicians and cronies thinking twice before carving up tax payer money among themselves and in the wake of a financial crisis no less. We need more like her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Bowie wrote: »
    It's not leather is it? ;)

Probably another tax then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Price of diesel is up 3c a litre already this week,in place near work
    Down 9c this week in one service station! Otherwise, little change in any fuel prices in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Looking at twitter I think green members will reject it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Looking at twitter I think green members will reject it.

Strongly suspect you're right.
    The Northern Irish contingent and the youth wing- alone, have enough votes to sink it.

They (The Greens) deserve to be punished if they do sink it- we really do not need another election at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Strongly suspect you're right.
    The Northern Irish contingent and the youth wing- alone, have enough votes to sink it.

They (The Greens) deserve to be punished if they do sink it- we really do not need another election at the moment.

Why wouldn't they sink it if it goes against their values and aspirations within the party? A second election is unlikely, FG and FF could easily recruit 7 independent TDs and form a majority. If there's a second election, it won't be the Green's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Never said he was my hero,wind your neck in kid (his guilt or otherwise is insignificant to me)

Just the evidence to.convict him,isnt enough and cases like this strengthen calls to ablosish the SCC?

Its a pure joke people will defend this and shout down anyone raising concerns surronding this

Mmmmm...so on the one hand we have you deciding there was not enough evidence and on the other we have three impartial professional Judges sitting on the SCC plus another three professional Judges on the Court of Appeal who found the evidence "cogent and compelling" .... Who to trust? So hard. If only the evidence was as clear as when Gerry and the lads murdered Jean McConville or any of stakeknifes celebrated judgments.

Your wallet is for keeping money in. If the Greens have their way you wont need it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

At least the greens are brave enough to govern and know you can't create change unless you govern. Absolute waste of time SF are as a party, they will never get a vote off me again.

Mmmmm...so on the one hand we have you deciding there was not enough evidence and on the other we have three impartial professional Judges sitting on the SCC plus another three professional Judges on the Court of Appeal who found the evidence "cogent and compelling" .... Who to trust? So hard. If only the evidence was as clear as when Gerry and the lads murdered Jean McConville or any of stakeknifes celebrated judgments.

Indeed.....if your happy with people getting sent down for possessing a pipe with a hole drilled in it...hopefully you'll not ever see a jury duty

If they believe it to been a bomb componant,why not charge with conspuracy to cause explosion???

Trying to get digs in and making it about gerry adams or stakeknife (or anyone else),only serves to reflect poorly upon yous tbh.....imo cases like this strentghen calls to wind up.the SCC.....no western country would try pretend,what has gone on here is ok,only ireland........

The chap.might be million percent guilty,but that evidence presented shouldnt be enough for a conviction imho,

• Advertisement

I hope it goes ahead. It'll be bad for the the tax payer in the short term but I think FF/FG will wipe each other out playing the blame game after the inevitable crony behaviour. Then we have a good chance at a government without either of them. It took a historic crash and help from the Labour party to get FG in in 2011. After partnering up FG won't have the luxury of pointing at FF to try get the old floating see-saw votes. Hopefully SD's and others will have upped their game.
    This sideshow aside, it was LV relished opposition before the dust had settled so this 'stepping up' ****e won't really fly. Also nobody was asking them to outside of FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Indeed.....if your happy with people getting sent down for possessing a pipe with a hole drilled in it...hopefully you'll not ever see a jury duty

If they believe it to been a bomb componant,why not charge with conspuracy to cause explosion???

Trying to get digs in and making it about gerry adams or stakeknife (or anyone else),only serves to reflect poorly upon yous tbh.....imo cases like this strentghen calls to wind up.the SCC.....no western country would try pretend,what has gone on here is ok,only ireland........

The chap.might be million percent guilty,but that evidence presented shouldnt be enough for a conviction imho,

If that was the only evidence, you might have a point, but it wasn't, there was a long Garda file on the lad, got everything he deserved.
    Bowie wrote: »
    I hope it goes ahead. It'll be bad for the the tax payer in the short term but I think FF/FG will wipe each other out playing the blame game after the inevitable crony behaviour. Then we have a good chance at a government without either of them. It took a historic crash and help from the Labour party to get FG in in 2011. After partnering up FG won't have the luxury of pointing at FF to try get the old floating see-saw votes. Hopefully SD's and others will have upped their game.
    This sideshow aside, it was LV relished opposition before the dust had settled so this 'stepping up' ****e won't really fly. Also nobody was asking them to outside of FF.

The desperate bitterness is so charming, cheers me up no end in the middle of this miserable lockdown.

It's taken me a while, but I've just realised that Sinn Fein think we are still in the UK, that is why they have been claiming victory in the general election. They believe we operate a first past the post system like the Brits. Ditto the poor fools on here who have been crowing about which count people got elected on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Big loss in this neck of the woods to FF...Greens in disarray...it's all going swimmingly.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonnyfallon/status/1273686833696825344

blanch152 wrote: »
    If that was the only evidence, you might have a point, but it wasn't, there was a long Garda file on the lad, got everything he deserved..

The evidence consisted of a few ira propaganda posters,every 2nd young lad in secondary school.has them now

A usb stick of upcoming commerations and dissident fund-raiser nights (all legal) and the clincher of course being seen in company of suspected reoublicans??

In what planet is this sufficent evidence to take away peoples liberty???,its sh1t like this makes the SCC incompatible with 21st century imo

I know yous dislike people with different politics to.yous,but noone should be in jail for zero.evidence and having unpalatable beliefs (not even gemma odoherty)

Have been wondering whether you came from the cruel thug end of Sinn Fein or the special needs Chris Andrews wing. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The evidence consisted of a few ira propaganda posters,every 2nd young lad in secondary school.has them now

A usb stick of upcoming commerations and dissident fund-raiser nights (all legal) and the clincher of course being seen in company of suspected reoublicans??

In what planet is this sufficent evidence to take away peoples liberty???,its sh1t like this makes the SCC incompatible with 21st century imo

I know yous dislike people with different politics to.yous,but noone should be in jail for zero.evidence and having unpalatable beliefs (not even gemma odoherty)

Free the monaghan 1.
    Do you know this lad by any chance.
    You read a snippet from a paper, the court got to see all the evidence and found him guilty.
    He has a legal team, let them handle it.
    Let's see if his local political reps go in to bat for him.

Big loss in this neck of the woods to FF...Greens in disarray...it's all going swimmingly.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jonnyfallon/status/1273686833696825344

Don't think you will find a more stereotypical 1980s Fianna Fail politician, with the funeral director business at all. That party would be better off without him.

Have been wondering whether you came from the cruel thug end of Sinn Fein or the special needs Chris Andrews wing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wtf are you on about?

This lad conviction isnt safe,near on zero evidence to support it and you go about calling anyone who expresses concern thugs and special needs.....

If your unable to defend your position without resorting to hurling abuse (as per usual with elites in this state),perhaps ignore the posts,which dont fit your worldview

Wtf are you on about?

This lad conviction isnt safe,near on zero evidence to support it and you go about calling anyone who expresses concern thugs and special needs.....

If your unable to defend your position without resorting to hurling abuse (as per usual with elites in this state),perhaps ignore the posts,which dont fit your worldview

I am sorry, but the opinion of six judges as opposed to the rantings of a SF-supporting poster on boards?

No contest.

• Advertisement

Free the monaghan 1.
    Do you know this lad by any chance.
    You read a snippet from a paper, the court got to see all the evidence and found him guilty.
    He has a legal team, let them handle it.
    Let's see if his local political reps go in to bat for him.

I dont

His guilt or otherwise of no concern to me (its the seemingly lack.of evidence concerns me)....but to me,the burden of proof for SCC is too.low and not fit for 21st century....

Noone should get 4 years in jail,for what evidence was presented againest him......the fact no political party speaks out for him,is a pure disgrace

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement