Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    €100 riding on a second election in 2020 at 2-1 and €48 odd (Paddy power capped the stake for some reason) on C.M being green leader come Jan 21 too at 5/4.

I'm not exactly a gambler either John, (odd flutter on grand national/Cheltenham perhaps) but it seemed like too good odds to pass up.

Best of luck with the bets, dude. 2/1 would be a bit short for me tbh, but the 5/4 seems like a decent bit of business by yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

€100 riding on a second election in 2020 at 2-1 and €48 odd (Paddy power capped the stake for some reason) on C.M being green leader come Jan 21 too at 5/4.

I'm not exactly a gambler either John, (odd flutter on grand national/Cheltenham perhaps) but it seemed like too good odds to pass up.

Best of luck with your bet. Just not sure why you feel the need to repeat it daily across multiple thread.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Conveniently forgetting of course that the Court of Appeal reviewed the evidence on appeal and... see earlier posts.

As ever the Sinn Fein IRA never ending thirst for "justice and accountability" when a "lad with a pipe with a hole in it" (ie a bomb component) is caught and convicted (not once but twice by 6 Judges) can be compared to the lies evasion and cover up when any question of their accountability arises.

AND off we go. "But sure Gerry was never in the IRA...….. why rake up the past...… that action was not officially sanctioned.....it wasn't us it was the bold kids (dissidents)….we have all suffered... that poor lad only had a pipe with a hole in it etc etc world without end amen"

And again none of this has relevence to.the lack of evidence presented in this case

At least you have stopped hurling abuse at others for daring to suggest you should need evidence to send people to jail......

Its incredolus to me people cheer on what happened here and demand no.discussion or reform of scc allowed without labeling people thugs and special needs (as you like to label people,who.dare disagree with you)

mollser wrote: »
    Good to know that the green issues, which apparantly was an imminent global disaster, can all of a sudden wait for 5 years while the green party get a few more votes. Is that it?? Weird and very amateurish way of thinking

It’s student politics. Being so pure and ideological that you never can compromise is real student union politics sort of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Growing salad in de window box...kinda 'credible'? :)

The green agenda will be dealt with by other parties imo, in response to European rules and to what the electorate increasingly want. There will be no need for a Green party anymore.

Yeah I would agree with you on that.
    Green issues will become mainstream for sure

• Advertisement

It’s student politics. Being so pure and ideological that you never can compromise is real student union politics sort of thinking.

Tbf this is also same as ffg who refused to negociate with shinners (as is their right to do so)

Fair bang of childishness of the entire of irish politics surronding this government formation sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Best of luck with your bet. Just not sure why you feel the need to repeat it daily across multiple thread.

Repeating it daily? Think I mentioned it once yesterday.

You wouldn't be trying to police the thread again would you? We were discussing the chance of the greens shooting down the govt formation btw, I felt it was kind of pertinent to the flow of conversation m'lud.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Or was the 'the end is nigh sinners, moral high grounding' the student politics bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If I were FG, I wouldn't be getting caught rubbing my hands in glee that others are facilitating you getting an election you cannot be blamed for.

Like Leo's rants and moral high ground admonitions...that could backfire spectacularly on youse.

I'd imagine suspicions are high across the electorate that political games are being played with this process.

Most are actually more interested in whether they or their spouse, child, friend, relation, neighbour will get their job back

Worrying about a united Ireland or the disputed territories or an Irish Language Act or silly political games are for another day.

Or was the 'the end is nigh sinners, moral high grounding' the student politics bit?

You’ll have to flesh out your point a bit, dude. I haven’t a clue what you’re getting at.

• Advertisement

For the FF voters on the thread. Fintans not on board either by the looks of things.

https://twitter.com/fintancox/status/1273670424677810177?s=19

And J.P Phelan thinks some of the Greens are fcuking nutters.

We are in for some savage entertainment by the looks of things.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Most are actually more interested in whether they or their spouse, child, friend, relation, neighbour will get their job back

Exactly...so don't be gleefully hoping that 'the Greens will do FG a favour' and reject this deal and cause an election, because that glee could backfire on you.

You aren't reading blanch, you are reacting with the knee again.

For the FF voters on the thread. Fintans not on board either by the looks of things.

Who the hell is Fintan Cox? Is he some no mark from down the country? We need to see a few senators, TDs, councillors breaking ranks before we can start getting enthusiastic about it all falling apart.

You’ll have to flesh out your point a bit, dude. I haven’t a clue what you’re getting at.

Maybe, all the Greens wanted, is to be in power (the current top table anyhow) and said whatever they had to, to get power. They are willing to put what needed to be done immediately on a 10 year backburner to get that power.

Was the 'needs to be done immediately' stuff all just student politics?

Is that the Fintan who believes Sinn Fein are trying to get pensions for PIRA "volunteers"?

Maybe, all the Greens wanted, is to be in power (the current top table anyhow) and said whatever they had to, to get power. They are willing to put what needed to be done immediately on a 10 year backburner to get that power.

Was the 'needs to be done immediately' stuff all just student politics?

Delusionary.

What is the point in moaning and cribbing from the sidelines for 10 years while none of your policies are implemented?

Who the hell is Fintan Cox? Is he some no mark from down the country? We need to see a few senators, TDs, councillors breaking ranks before we can start getting enthusiastic about it all falling apart.

Caused quite a storm on twitter a while back, lots of posters on here linking to his tweets John.

I'll try linking back, can't remember what it was exactly, but it was some anti shinner rant, was the only reason I followed him on Twitter for the lols.

The whole point of parties like FF, FG and Greens is party members can vote yes and no. That is democracy at work

Not sure why people are posting and find it so strange when someone isn't voting yes. They can have their own opinion

Is that the Fintan who believes Sinn Fein are trying to get pensions for PIRA "volunteers"?

THis you are talking about?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8408259/Fury-Sinn-Fein-blocks-payments-victims-IRA-bombings.html

Delusionary.

What is the point in moaning and cribbing from the sidelines for 10 years while none of your policies are implemented?

Funny you weren't saying anything like that when Leo was embracing the concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Caused quite a storm on twitter a while back, lots of posters on here linking to his tweets John.

I'll try linking back, can't remember what it was exactly, but it was some anti shinner rant, was the only reason I followed him on Twitter for the lols.

He ran unsuccessfully here in carrick on Shannon in the last election, he also had a bit of a twitter war with James mcclean at one point.

Funny you weren't saying anything like that when Leo was embracing the concept.

He had his chance, the electorate appeared to reject him. Looks like the failure of SF has given him another chance.

Saw something someone posted from your man a few months back, but didn't think it was a serious proposal.

Shows there is no limit to the lack of shame displayed by SF.

He ran unsuccessfully here in carrick on Shannon in the last election, he also had a bit of a twitter war with James mcclean at one point.

I remember the James McLean thing too, but that's not the furore I'm thinking of, it was something to do with making a fairly anti republican rant, and how he got his hole handed to him from all and sundry.

It was covered in these threads but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.

He seems to be FFs version of a Jamie Bryson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The whole point of parties like FF, FG and Greens is party members can vote yes and no. That is democracy at work

Not sure why people are posting and find it so strange when someone isn't voting yes. They can have their own opinion

No one is suggesting they shouldn't be allowed vote or anything.

However, if the Greens reject it then they have clearly shown they will not compromise at all to get into government which means they will never be in government so what on earth is the point of voting for them?

He had his chance, the electorate appeared to reject him. Looks like the failure of SF has given him another chance.

What I said was,
    Funny you weren't saying anything like that when Leo was embracing the concept

Anybody but FG in opposition is a moaner or cribber including those in the party you voted for who don't want to facilitate FG and FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There’s always people who fall for them, Gill. Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagan and Mick Wallace represent us in Europe for God’s sake. Some people seem to like that antiestablishment, shouting is leadership, disheveled appearance thing.

The reality is a sizeable percentage of the electorate are really fücking stupid.

Does that account for all the FF and FG led governments?
    You never know JF, maybe decent everyday people have their reasons for voting as they do even the ones vote FG.

All I've seen is gripe from folk regarding the idea some might vote no. Either way it's healthy to let people have a say and respect their choice without inferring they're not decent people.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    No one is suggesting they shouldn't be allowed vote or anything.

However, if the Greens reject it then they have clearly shown they will not compromise at all to get into government which means they will never be in government so what on earth is the point of voting for them?

Same could be said of SF to be hoenst. They ran under the tag of "change" and once they got sight of actually having to go into power they legged it.

You will hear a load of waffle on here but not a single SF person was knocking around for months, then when FF/FG/Greens are about to go into power they are all over the TV again shouting and roaring.

If this fails it will be terrible for SF. They need 5 years to try and pull the party together and get seom decent politicians

At the moment, SF go into power. Who have they to run in minster positions?

• Advertisement

James Reilly? He's FG isn't he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement