Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Agreed. There are really very little ideological differences now. They are both very centrist parties with some capable personnel despite the labelling and stupid accusations made here. Ultimately, if Labour got their act together and recruited and/or merged with the less mad Green/ PBP/ Left independents they might form a credible opposition and attract those who feel the more disadvantaged should get more free stuff and services etc. The real problem is that Sinn Fein have inserted themselves into the mix by pretending to be a proper left wing party and have attracted the more gullible left leaning voters who don't understand what they are and then are mystified when no-one will talk to them so that quite a big left wing mandate is wasted.

You just gave a great example of what's wrong with Fine Gael, (whether you're a fan or not).
    It's not hard working, doing okay taxpayers verses them that want everything free. Never was. The attitude seems to be that if you are complaining about the way FG do business you're the problem. Even from a purely cynical angle, this isn't working for FG and getting angry or dismissive of the electorate isn't helping matters.
    Fine Gael policy is driving the need for more people to seek state aid.
    It's long overdue for FG to put their ego aside and realise it is FG that's the problem and look to fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your vast knowledge of every party in Ireland and its members opinion is nothing I can challange.....

I don't need to know every other party or all members opinions.

There are serious divisions in FF, manageable so far. If things go sour...then the 14% and the O'Donnell and O'Cuiv's and unhappy grassroots come very quickly into focus.

Do you think Martin will survive if the deal is rejected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So whats your plan?

Have you got your serious hat on or will you be responding with something about Bobby Sands?
    Stop paying for 25 year leases and build social and affordable. I think that's what every party bar FG is suggesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I don't need to know every other party or all members opinions.

There are serious divisions in FF, manageable so far. If things go sour...then the 14% and the O'Donnell and O'Cuiv's and unhappy grassroots come very quickly into focus.

Do you think Martin will survive if the deal is rejected?

So you and the rest of the SF fans have been telling us for weeks. This party has a spilt, that party has a spilt. They will never agree to this, they will never agree to taht

I said weeks ago if the deal is dead then MM will stand down.....that is nothing new.....

The desperation of people on here telling everyone its wont work is getting a bit pathetic now. Lets just wait and see is my opinion

Bowie wrote: »
    Have you got your serious hat on or will you be responding with something about Bobby Sands?
    Stop paying for 25 year leases and build social and affordable. I think that's what every party bar FG is suggesting.

But FG are building houses.....remember the 50k SF including in their manifesto....

• Advertisement

So you and the rest of the SF fans have been telling us for weeks. This party has a spilt, that party has a spilt. They will never agree to this, they will never agree to taht

I said weeks ago if the deal is dead then MM will stand down.....that is nothing new.....

The desperation of people on here telling everyone its wont work is getting a bit pathetic now. Lets just wait and see is my opinion

Nope...I never said that. FG look pretty cohesive at the moment. Nobody resignin or writing letters.

FF and The Greens are showing signs of division though.

Martin said he won't stand down...if he doesn't do you think there will be a heave?
    It's your party, you should have an opinion on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    You just gave a great example of what's wrong with Fine Gael, (whether you're a fan or not).
    It's not hard working, doing okay taxpayers verses them that want everything free. Never was. The attitude seems to be that if you are complaining about the way FG do business you're the problem. Even from a purely cynical angle, this isn't working for FG and getting angry or dismissive of the electorate isn't helping matters.
    Fine Gael policy is driving the need for more people to seek state aid.
    It's long overdue for FG to put their ego aside and realise it is FG that's the problem and look to fixing it.

Unnecessary flippant perhaps. Apologies.

The point I was trying to make is that Fianna Fail and Fine Gael are essentially the same (even the Tweedledum/Tweedledee names for Chrisakes) but what should be the left wing opposition in any normal democratic society is so dysfunctionally compromised that it is useless

But FG are building houses.....remember the 50k SF including in their manifesto....

Where are FG building houses?

2 my mates self built last year,these are included in the total figures FG quote for houses built last year

This is likely repricated across the.state (and will be,when i build mine),its a joke, FG claiming credit for these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

This is likely repricated across the.state (and will be,when i build mine),its a joke, FG claiming credit for these

Can you not just say 'across the country'
    Like the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Water John

O'Cuiv says FF were always an outward looking party. That isn't the party that was lead by his grandfather.

• Advertisement

Nope...I never said that. FG look pretty cohesive at the moment. Nobody resignin or writing letters.

FF and The Greens are showing signs of division though.

Martin said he won't stand down...if he doesn't do you think there will be a heave?
    It's your party, you should have an opinion on this.

Did you miss the letter FG sent out to the entire party?

Strange as I’m sure plenty of posts about it yesterday

Where are FG building houses?

2 my mates self built last year,these are included in the total figures FG quote for houses built last year

Another story....these the mates who call milk “white gold” :-)

SF included those house in their number as part of their manifesto....Are you saying SF lies?

Another story....these the mates who call milk “white gold” :-)

As it turns out,one is :) (he also on hook for million plus in land purchases now,incredible farmer)
    SF included those house in their number as part of their manifesto

They are a joke,if they did (quite how you can include previous built houses in a manifesto is perhaps something yous can explain to me?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

buried wrote: »
    Yeah, could also see John McGuinness get out of the place too. If the two of them do leave, maybe try a new party, but can definitely see Éamon Ó Cuív joining SF

Resign ,cause a by election , if anyone but FF wins the seat it's a kick in the teeth for Mehole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Or the Army Council, Murph. Mysterious and shady figures from West Belfast.

All the parties have shadowy connections, I'm sure Charlie Flanagan couldn't see anything wrong with the Linfield strip,

As it turns out,one is :) (he also on hook for million plus in land purchases now,incredible farmer)

Sure when you making stuff up, why low ball.....sure 2 million sounds better

Did you miss the letter FG sent out to the entire party?

Strange as I’m sure plenty of posts about it yesterday

Alright, that's 3 of them in disarray. You were complaining I was pointing at that as if it a real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Will Leo be a minister without portfolio?

Alright, that's 3 of them in disarray. You were complaining I was pointing at that as if it a real thing.

Hardly in disarray. Just politics at work...

So what happens if it does break down? what do you think is going to happen?

Another election if the deal goes down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If it's just the Greens rejecting the PFG I think there's a fair chance of FF/FG cutting a deal with Independents

If it's just the Greens rejecting the PFG I think there's a fair chance of FF/FG cutting a deal with Independents

Doubt it

Another election if the deal goes down

And what will that achieve?

And what will that achieve?

The wishes of the electorate? Like any election

The wishes of the electorate? Like any election

But the electorate already voted, or you want to disregard that because you didn’t get what you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well done Leo and speech writers

Good to see they know have to have a little humour at work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yer wan from the Green Party is saying the PFG is up for constant review.

Leo's called time speedily on that ridiculous assertion!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/taoiseach-dismisses-green-td-s-suggestion-of-a-renegotiation-of-terms-of-government-1.4283842?mode=amp

Yer wan from the Green Party is saying the PFG is up for constant review.

Leo's called time speedily on that ridiculous assertion!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/taoiseach-dismisses-green-td-s-suggestion-of-a-renegotiation-of-terms-of-government-1.4283842?mode=amp

She is starting to make herself look like a bit of a gobsh*t if she was the main persn at the table and hasn't bothered to check the details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

All the parties have shadowy connections, I'm sure Charlie Flanagan couldn't see anything wrong with the Linfield strip,
    Well, it is an insult to bad football strips everywhere. Looks like it should be on a jockey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement