Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's a lie, because he's en route to an event other than the one he is saying
    Its impossible to lie about a future event because it hasn't happened yet and might never happen

What sort of rubbish is this.
    If you say you are not going to do something, knowing very well you will do it if necessary ...that is a lie all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

What sort of rubbish is this.
    If you say you are not going to do something, knowing very well you will do it if necessary ...that is a lie all day long.
    No it isn't, I've no intention of jumping into the liffey this evening Francie, but if you fall in, when I'm passing, I will, to save you

No it isn't, I've no intention of jumping into the liffey this evening Francie, but if you fall in, when I'm passing, I will, to save you

There is no lie there.

If you said 'you have no intention of jumping into the Liffey this evening to save me', and you did jump in, that would have been a lie.

I know you are so used to this it is hard to recognise. But you really need to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

There is no lie there.

If you said 'you have no intention of jumping into the Liffey this evening to save me', and you did jump in, that would have been a lie.

I know you are so used to this it is hard to recognise. But you really need to do it.

Not so by your standards, because I said I have no intention of jumping into the Liffey.
    I am making that statement and that alone.
    The 2nd part of my statement might not have been volunteered only for the purposes of this conversation we are having
    circumstances might change my statement or the bit I volunteered for the purpose of this conversation
    For example, there could be a shark beside you, and I'm sorry Francie, in that case, you'll be left there, by me anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

None of the parties lied

All of them hoped and some expected they would get a majority and not need to join with other parties

If you sat down FF and FG prior to election they would have said they would get enough seats to run the country on their own, maybe join with a smaller party

So when they said they wouldn’t join they where telling the truth

Fact is the election didn’t go to plan for any party, SF included, so they could run and hide, or they could be politicians and try and bring the country together during a crisis

They decided to be politicians

• Advertisement

Not so by your standards, because I said I have no intention of jumping into the Liffey.
    I am making that statement and that alone.
    The 2nd part of my statement might not have been volunteered only for the purposes of this conversation we are having
    circumstances might change my statement or the bit I volunteered for the purpose of this conversation
    For example, there could be a shark beside you, and I'm sorry Francie, in that case, you'll be left there, by me anyway :D

You must be able to absolve almost anything using that code above. Bizarre.

I hope you are never called to jury duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

That guy walks on water in his constituency but is neither use or ornament in reality!
    No he walks on the shoulders of giants who have gone before him like Luke Ming Flanagan who defended Roscommon turf cutters a few years ago but now cosies up to tree huggers and anti turf cutters like Saoirse McHugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Lots of FF voters supported the RA, FG TDs visited republican prisoners in the Maze, it's not all black and white like some would like to paint it. FG condemn the Provisional IRA yet hopped into bed with the Official IRA .
    Lynch s cowardice created the RA

Christ , what new fantasy is this. Was Jack Lynch supposed to launch some gaelic Bay of Pigs adventure in Newry? Get a grip FFS.

Bottom line either you think it is justifiable or indeed a noble and heroic act to kill and mutilate other people for any reason or you dont.

Lots of FF voters supported the RA, FG TDs visited republican prisoners in the Maze, it's not all black and white like some would like to paint it. FG condemn the Provisional IRA yet hopped into bed with the Official IRA .
    Lynch s cowardice created the RA

No they didn't

Truthvader wrote: »
    Christ , what new fantasy is this. Was Jack Lynch supposed to launch some gaelic Bay of Pigs adventure in Newry? Get a grip FFS.

Bottom line either you think it is justifiable or indeed a noble and heroic act to kill and mutilate other people for any reason or you dont.

Deos micheal martins stated admiration for frank aiken,not perplex yous....or FG annual day trip to beal na blaith?

Or are these somehow different?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No they didn't

My good man,they most deffo did

A FF minister spirted a gaurda killer out of the state previously.....there used be a v.strong republican element to FF

Afaik an ex FF taoiseach was omce convicted of funneling guns to nationlists in the 6 counties

Still see FF gave statements at easter commerations about the place (though these have cross party attendance in rural areas tbf)

My good man,they most deffo did

A FF minister spirted a gaurda killer out of the state previously.....there used be a v.strong republican element to FF

Agaik an ex FF taoiseach was omce convicted of funneling guns to nationlists in the 6 counties

Still see FF gave statements at easter commerations about the place

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Deos micheal martins stated admiration for frank aiken,not perplex yous....or FG annual day trip to beal na blaith?

Firstly long thought there are aspects to Michael Collins that are fudged and not faced. Not as familiar with Mr Aikans career but expect it is the same.

Secondly they are different. Full Stop. Do you think Frank Aiken could mutilate a teenage boy for stealing a car or put a bomb in a pub or dancehall to incinerate young people unknown to them.

As before the difference is that Sinn Feiners can justify or glory in their sick history and normal people cannot. Its makes them unfit to govern anything

Firstly long thought there are aspects to Michael Collins that are fudged and not faced. Not as familiar with Mr Aikans career but expect it is the same.

Secondly they are different. Full Stop. Do you think Frank Aiken could mutilate a teenage boy for stealing a car or put a bomb in a pub or dancehall to incinerate young people unknown to them.

As before the difference is that Sinn Feiners can justify or glory in their sick history and normal people cannot. Its makes them unfit to govern anything

Do you even know,what frank aiken is accused of carrying out/ordering as a retailation attack,a massacre the uvf would be proud of (also.disappeared a politian aswell)

Micheal martin refered to him as extraordinarly iconic in a meeting,micheal martin is a history teacher,he knows what he is saying

To me theres no difference between ira of 1920s and ira of 1970s nor indeed ira of 2020s......violence is violence in my eyes,.....irish politics is rotten to core with hypocrites ffg critise shinnerz,who in turn critise dissidents,whole thing is a joke,

Who are 'normal' people?
    Most people know what other people are capable of if a conflict/war situation arises. We have enough history here to know ourselves, even if you have a blind spot and have sanitised because of the passing of time. Somebody shot dead in 1916 is just as dead as somebody shot dead in 1972.

It's absolute nonsense to try and say that FG and FF don't celebrate or glorify the acts carried out to secure our independence. Violence happened in this country for a reason, that reason is still here, and is still causing division and no small amount of violence.
    I want to work to ensure it doesn't happen again on the scale that it did.

Who are 'normal' people?
    Most people know what other people are capable of if a conflict/war situation arises. We have enough history here to know ourselves, even if you have a blind spot and have sanitised because of the passing of time. Somebody shot dead in 1916 is just as dead as somebody shot dead in 1972.

It's absolute nonsense to try and say that FG and FF don't celebrate or glorify the acts carried out to secure our independence. Violence happened in this country for a reason, that reason is still here, and is still causing division and no small amount of violence.
    I want to work to ensure it doesn't happen again on the scale that it did.

Yeah violence for washing diesel....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

For someone who gives out about whingeing you sure do whinge alot lol.

smurgen wrote: »
    For someone who gives out about whingeing you sure do whinge alot lol.

Discuss the post not the poster for once

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote:
    You do know the reason Irish water was setup was because of the bailout and it was one of the terms!!!

McMurphy wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing the source for this little nugget of info.

When you're ready please.

I think you might have accidentally missed my request on purpose.

When you're ready please.

I think you might have accidentally missed my request on purpose.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/mice-and-keyboards/keyboards/318_3058_30061_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

• Advertisement

We will take that as a no. Thanks.

I did say before you should start putting some forethought into some of the nonsense you post.

We will take that as a no. Thanks.

I did say before you should start putting some forethought into some of the nonsense you post.

Yes because your daily post about a bet is so informative

Yes because your daily post about a bet is so informative

Look, you once again posted unsubstantiated guff, it was false/untrue and I called you out on it.

No point getting narky about it.

Look, you once again posted unsubstantiated guff, it was false/untrue and I called you out on it.

No point getting narky about it.

I will refer back to my previous comment

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/mice-and-keyboards/keyboards/318_3058_30061_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html?awc=5297_1592695915_fdaa7f9b4023801d4b77e05d7c0a5431&utm_source=Skimlinks&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Do you even know,what frank aiken is accused of carrying out/ordering as a retailation attack,a massacre the uvf would be proud of (also.disappeared a politian aswell)

Yes, the 'Altnaveigh Massacre' of six Protestant civilians in 1922. Part of of a cycle of 'tit for tat' sectarian violence in Armagh/Down at that time of course, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Edgware wrote: »
    No he walks on the shoulders of giants who have gone before him like Luke Ming Flanagan who defended Roscommon turf cutters a few years ago but now cosies up to tree huggers and anti turf cutters like Saoirse McHugh

Theres more to Rural Ireland than turf cutting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

All he had to do was demand the UN intervene, troubles in the North weren't started by republicans, Haughey armed the IRA to keep the Loyalists at bay, Bosnian style genocide is what they wanted

No they didn't

Up here they did, FG courted the Orange vote, FF the republican vote

Sometimes the only way to keep the bullies at bay is to become a bigger bully, while violence is best avoided it is necessary on some occasions .

• Advertisement

Or Blueshirts killing innocent Spaniards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement