Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    One day Leo farted and it was a source of some outrage on here :p:p:p:p

Some people have little else to do

Wonder how long it will take for the Mean Girls outrage to die down.

We will probably have a meme about it regularly popping up about once a month to remind us.

Leo quotes from Mean Girls: cue pages of outrage
    Mary-Lou praises a convicted terrorist and evil man: nothing to see here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »

We will probably have a meme about it regularly popping up about once a month to remind us.

Bring SF into everything, that worked well pre-election

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

it is possible to acknowledge that both are wrong...

it is possible to acknowledge that both are wrong...

Are you joking, Leo is GOD to some on here.

The clown wouldn't close down the schools at the start because Mary Lou said they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The clown wouldn't close down the schools at the start because Mary Lou said they should.

SF do not have that kind of pull with Leo, this is completely false cause and effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It was the CMO who said that he didn't want to see unilateral decisions, nothing to do with your least favourite person.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It was the CMO who said that he didn't want to see unilateral decisions, nothing to do with your least favourite person.

When things go bad, blame the CMO

When things go good, all Leo and his leadership

Spin Gael it seems is more appropriate than Spin Féin

Anyway back to the point, What do you make of Leo saying Mary wouldn't talk to me so he could tell her why he didn't wanna talk to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anyway back to the point, What do you make of Leo saying Mary wouldn't talk to me so he could tell her why he didn't wanna talk to her.
    No, I'm quoting the CMO and he has stated and restated that at least a dozen times, usually in answer to questions about care homes and visitors. I've no idea what your question is about. Who's Mary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Do you realize how the government works?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

This was sung by Inner Circle, of Sweat fame, please don't propagate this thread with further fake news

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    No, I'm quoting the CMO and he has stated and restated that at least a dozen times, usually in answer to questions about care homes and visitors. I've no idea what your question is about. Who's Mary?

Wouldn't believe anything the CMO says (after the Cervical scandal, I wouldn't believe him saying his name) He should be in jail

So you didn't watch Prime Time, fair enough you can't comment on it

When asked about Nurses who all returned who now had no employment in Ireland, he said he wasn't aware of it and jobs would be available if any 'positions' were available.

Basically no they wont

When asked about Nurses who all returned who now had no employment in Ireland, he said he wasn't aware of it and jobs would be available if any 'positions' were available.

Basically no they wont

You do know these nurses have to get paid?

Do you just want to hire loads of nurses with no work? this would cripple the HSE budget at the moment when Ireland has no money.

If you think not hiring these people is bad, what would you do?

You do know these nurses have to get paid?

Do you just want to hire loads of nurses with no work? this would cripple the HSE budget at the moment when Ireland has no money.

If you think not hiring these people is bad, what would you do?

Why bring them home with promise of jobs when they knew they were no jobs

They’ve already blown literally billions paying pals over the odds for hospitals, hotels, property etc

This was sung by Inner Circle, of Sweat fame, please don't propagate this thread with further fake news

Your right

They’ve already blown literally billions paying pals over the odds for hospitals, hotels, property etc

Who promised them a job?

So you are complaining now that not enought people got sick that would mean loads of nurses would be required?

Personally I would have thought most people would prefer not to have to hire loads of nurses because the virus spread was so high.....

Not really, but continue on

So you are complaining now that not enought people got sick that would mean loads of nurses would be required?

Personally I would have thought most people would prefer not to have to hire loads of nurses because the virus spread was so high.....

Not really, but continue on

So they have not took nurses home on promise of jobs but never had them and now have left them high and dry (some were never even employed) ?

They are not paying over odds for use private hospitals, b & bs and hotels for homeless people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

No word on what a "staunch Republican" is. Do they know themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So they have not took nurses home on promise of jobs but never had them and now have left them high and dry (some were never even employed) ?

They are not paying over odds for use private hospitals, b & bs and hotels for homeless people?

How much over the odds?

No call in that for people to come home. The allegation is that people were lured home after being promised a job, no evidence of that.

Truthvader wrote: »
    No word on what a "staunch Republican" is. Do they know themselves?

A follower of Bobby Storey?

No call in that for people to come home. The allegation is that people were lured home after being promised a job, no evidence of that.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-recruitment-drive-5048770-Mar2020/

“We will hire everybody that we can to work in the Irish health service,” he said at yesterday’s press conference, appealing to retired healthcare professionals and students to apply.

He made a special plea to Irish healthcare workers abroad, to those working part-time and to medical students, saying “we need you”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Bring SF into everything, that worked well pre-election

Is Blanch still a Green voter?

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-recruitment-drive-5048770-Mar2020/

“We will hire everybody that we can to work in the Irish health service,” he said at yesterday’s press conference, appealing to retired healthcare professionals and students to apply.

He made a special plea to Irish healthcare workers abroad, to those working part-time and to medical students, saying “we need you”.

"We will hire everybody that we can to work in the Irish health service."

That isn't "I promise everyone a job" or "I promise [insert name] a particular job".

If people came home before applying or before checking out their qualifications or before finding out where the vacancies were, and couldn't get a job in the place and job that they wanted, that isn't on Harris.

People weren't being hired to sit around and do nothing. They were hired where they were needed. That it worked is shown by the fact that we didn't run out of healthcare workers. Whether we hired 1, 100, 1,000 or 100,000 doesn't matter, the country fought back the virus.

Voted Green in the last election, at the local elections, and in the previous general election.

Whether I vote Green or not in the next general election depends on what happens this week. If they go into government, there is strong probability that I will vote Green next time. If they don't, and we end up in a general election situation, the need for a stable government will carry greater weight in how I vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Could Martin be nudging the door open (again) to dealing with SF if the PfG goes down?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/martin-ive-no-mandate-speak-sinn-fein-government-formation-1034879

He has 'no mandate' to do that now, but he get a mandate if his party changes its mind?

"We will hire everybody that we can to work in the Irish health service."

That isn't "I promise everyone a job" or "I promise [insert name] a particular job".

If people came home before applying or before checking out their qualifications or before finding out where the vacancies were, and couldn't get a job in the place and job that they wanted, that isn't on Harris.

People weren't being hired to sit around and do nothing. They were hired where they were needed. That it worked is shown by the fact that we didn't run out of healthcare workers. Whether we hired 1, 100, 1,000 or 100,000 doesn't matter, the country fought back the virus.

"No call in that for people to come home" Thats what you said

You were wrong again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Prob not any more since Eamon used the N word.

Blanch took great offense (apparently) when the bearded one used that word, and he started a racist accusations thread when a shinner councillor mentioned Leo's heritage.

You couldn't make it up. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement