Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The bit in bold.....

If they dont have the money they can't hire anyone. Or you expect people to work for free?

If they wernt paying 4 times as much for private hospital beds as UK, they might have been able keep some.

Why ask when they knew be no money?

Not as if we need them, record waiting numbers, people on trollies etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If they wernt paying 4 times as much for private hospital beds as UK, they might have been able keep some.

Why ask when they knew be no money?

Not as if we need them, record waiting numbers, people on trollies etc

If people got sick they would of had to find the money. People didnt get sick so they are trying to save the money.

Do you want the government to cripple the country more just to keep a few people happy?

Im actually baffled I have to explain this.

Bowie wrote: »
    Ireland's Call was a dishonest PR stunt. 70,000 applied to help out, only 111 were followed up on and they were passed to a private recruitment agency.

Really? I know friends who worked in school etc and they all ended up working in the HSE helping out.

The only thing dishonest around here is this line of questioning.

Standard SF and everyone comes out of the woodwork after the fact with brillant plans but this arguement is totally absurd. So you want the government to hire people just for the sake of it when they have no jobs or money for them?

Maybe explain this to me
    Government doesnt call for people to return. We have huge outbreak and everyone would be on here complaining they didnt ask people to come home. It was better to have people and not use than have no people and need them.

Same situation with the private hospitals.

Do you think that is correct or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

How would I know that? Has anyone in FG been charged with thieving and murder?

No

blanch152 wrote: »
    If you never heard of Bobby Storey before yesterday, any vote for Sinn Fein was an uniformed one.

Problem is with SF and the crew, Bobby Storey is one of many!!! why pick out 1 when they have 20-30 people standing behind which Mary Lou and the gang think are "much valued and loved friend and comrade"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

Really? I know friends who worked in school etc and they all ended up working in the HSE helping out.

Standard SF and everyone comes out of the woodwork after the fact with brillant plans but this arguement is totally absurd. So you want the government to hire people just for the sake of it when they have no jobs or money for them?

Maybe explain this to me
    Government doesnt call for people to return. We have huge outbreak and everyone would be on here complaining they didnt ask people to come home. It was better to have people and not use than have no people and need them.

SF would hire 100k to dig holes with shovels and another 100k to fill them in again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Thieving second nature to them and the way the fxxked the Regency trial they seem comfortable assisting murderers,
    Any statement from Charlie as to why Lunnys van was burned?

What parallel universe nonsense is this? Have you a medical condition? No idea what is going on in your head. Are you actually trying to sell the idea that there is or was some government policy or agency in "fxxcking" the regency trial as you put it or burning the Lunny's van?

As to "Noonan". What or who are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Maybe explain this to me

i read about HSE workers volunteering myself. Not sure were we are going with this.

How are questions dishonest?

'Standard Sinn Fein'. You've got a problem. Do you believe the country is made up of people who defend FG tooth and nail and shinners? :)
    They put out an 'all in this together' PR stunt, is all I'm saying.

You'll need be clearer. The last few lines seem random and confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    No

So you don't know either.

Where people in both parties guilty of thieving and killing in the past, during a period of conflict/war? Yes there was.

The passing of time seems to be the only degree of separation to me.

i read about HSE workers volunteering myself. Not sure were we are going with this.

How are questions dishonest?

'Standard Sinn Fein'. You've got a problem. Do you believe the country is made up of people who defend FG tooth and nail and shinners? :)
    They put out an 'all in this together' PR stunt, is all I'm saying.

You'll need be clearer. The last few lines seem random and confused.

Quick deflect deflect deflect

So can you answer the question. Let’s go again

Do you think it was better for the government to have people in the country and ready if we had a huge outbreak than not have them available?

I don’t expect you to answer, as usual come up with some excuse about FG. Pathetic really

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Do you think it was better for the government to have people in the country and ready if we had a huge outbreak than not have them available?

I don’t expect you to answer, as usual come up with some excuse about FG. Pathetic really

So Govt can play with workers lives in case they need them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's about the costings Maryanne.

Did you imagine I said it was a bad idea? Like most things FG the way they do business is the problem.

Do you have a fundamental issue with leasing the private hospitals at cost price to provide extra capacity? Cause if you don't this is all bull****.

They will be paid cost price based on an independent audit. That is all that matters.

You seemingly don't understand what 'deflect' means.
    I believe I asked for clarification...and look, here I am! :)

No. I don't think inviting more people into any country during a pandemic is a good idea especially if they aren't needed.
    Anyway, from home or abroad they only followed up with 111 of 70,000 who answered Ireland's call. Almost seems like it was a PR stunt right?
    Any by followed up I mean responded to not promised or offered employment. Of 70,000 who applied they only responded to 111.

This little nugget is completely dishonest:

I expect you to run bare arsed through the Stephen's Green center as per usual...See how easy that tactic is?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Do you have a fundamental issue with leasing the private hospitals at cost price to provide extra capacity? Cause if you don't this is all bull****.

They will be paid cost price based on an independent audit. That is all that matters.

I've no issue with using private hospitals.
    Who has stated that as a fact, what's their idea of cost price and to what is it compared to/how is it set?

Says who? Who is running it? Will the results be made public?

I believe I asked for clarification...and look, here I am! :)

No. I don't think inviting more people into any country during a pandemic is a good idea especially if they aren't needed.
    Anyway, from home or abroad they only followed up with 111 of 70,000 who answered Ireland's call. Almost seems like it was a PR stunt right?

This little nugget is completely dishonest:

I expect you to run bare arsed through the Stephen's Green center as per usual...See how easy that tactic is?

So what was your plan if Ireland had a massive outbreak and the HSE was overloaded and couldn’t handle it?

This was the prediction by all medical experts

Then ask people to fly home to help?

So Govt can play with workers lives in case they need them

I refer back to the bold section you seem to be ignoring

After all you posted it

So what was your plan if Ireland had a massive outbreak and the HSE was overloaded and couldn’t handle it?

This was the prediction by all medical experts

Then ask people to fly home to help?

See this is deflection right here.
    I'm critical of the Ireland's call and how it was implemented and how they didn't even respond to more than 111 of the 70,000 applicants and you are trying to change the discussion to one where I'm supposed to come up with an alternative plan, like I'm a DIT drop out, (Minister for Health). That's deflection.
    I pointed out what I thought made it a farce.

See this is deflection right here.
    I'm critical of the Ireland's call and how it was implemented and how they didn't even respond to more than 111 of the 70,000 applicants and you are trying to change the discussion to one where I'm supposed to come up with an alternative plan, like I'm a DIT drop out, (Minister for Health). That's deflection.
    I pointed out what I thought made it a farce.

Why not answer the question?

I didn't because you side stepped my response and attempted to change the narrative.
    Why are you asking me? Do you think it relates to my pointing out the flaws in how Ireland's call was implemented?
    My response should suffice for top tips; Give applicants a clear idea of what to expect. Don't leave them hanging/in the dark. Let them know it's a private agency they will be dealing with, should they be taken on at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I have one for you....what Irish political party setup the Irish Water superquango?
    :P:D;)

Hint: FG

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113799747

• Advertisement

I didn't because you side stepped my response and attempted to change the narrative.
    Why are you asking me? Do you think it relates to my pointing out the flaws in how Ireland's call was implemented?
    My response should suffice for top tips; Give applicants a clear idea of what to expect. Don't leave them hanging/in the dark. Let them know it's a private agency they will be dealing with, should they be taken on at all.

I think we will put this down in the same pile as the "vulture funds" disaster

I think we will put this down in the same pile as the "vulture funds" disaster

I was critical. I explained why. I explained how it could have been better.

Now vulture funds something?
    What was it, "Quick deflect deflect deflect"? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I was critical. I explained why. I explained how it could have been better.

You should go in to politics or healthcare management.

We need to put you in charge next time we think our ICUs are about to get over run and we have 48 hours to put a plan together. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    If you never heard of Bobby Storey before yesterday, any vote for Sinn Fein was an uniformed one.

Says the fella who claimed to have been voting for greens as far back as I can remember, yet didn't know their members in the north got a say in events concerning govt formation down here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The three little toddlers play in the sand as the Tsunami rolls in

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Truthvader wrote: »
    WTF is this nonsense? Are Fine Gael - or any other party running thieves and murderers as candidates or celebrating and glorying in their exploits?

sad to say - but F.G. [and F.F.] shovel entire council housing estates to Sinn Fein.

and Sinn Fein are an teenage army, thinking of ensuring they get quick housing.
    [and even better, if new votes are produced].

You should go in to politics or healthcare management.

We need to put you in charge next time we think our ICUs are about to get over run and we have 48 hours to put a plan together. :pac:

You seem to be mixing my comment up with another. I made no reference to ICU's or how to tackle a pandemic.
    I am likely more qualified than Simon Harris, but I'm sure many others have taken a First Aid course or seen the film 'Outbreak'.

You seem to be mixing my comment up with another. I made no reference to ICU's or how to tackle a pandemic.
    I am likely more qualified than Simon Harris, but I'm sure many others have taken a First Aid course or seen the film 'Outbreak'.

You didn't even know what a vulture fund was. I doubt you are more qualified to Simon Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ireland's Call was a dishonest PR stunt. 70,000 applied to help out, only 111 were followed up on and they were passed to a private recruitment agency.

That's a bit harsh - at the time we were looking at Italy and France where they were completely overwhelmed and making decisions around who to treat and who to just let die. Nobody knew how bad it was going to get. Be thankful we only had to use 111 people, that is a good thing and a reflection of how well we flattened the curve

Better to be looking at it than looking for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jeepers, if I have to listen to another grandee of FF or FG talking up 3 party coalitions I'll get sick,

John Bruton resurrected to talk about three legged stools being stronger than one legged ones or two legged ones.

If he was so convinced why didn't he change the constitution and mandate 3 party coalitions every time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement