Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Literacy problems with the voters or with the counters?

They're making sure each ballot is from a eligible member.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PixieValentine

no surprises there......

Indeed, real shocker there.

Actually, the only surprise for me was looking at the breakdown- more no votes than I'd have thought, and more than 80% might suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

markodaly wrote: »
    The first thing people like Paul Murphy and Brid Smith will do..... organise a protest.

Are they not going to let Boyd Barrett and his denim shirt join in?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That would be the same son who Clare Daly is currently employing as her teaboy and chief arsewiper in Brussels.

I had forgotten that.

Maybe someone should make a whistleblowing complaint about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »

When you said gangsters I immediately thought of Charlie Haughey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Odds on another GE this year have tightened to 1/5, which presumably indicates growing confidence the PFG will be approved

blanch152 wrote: »
    Wasn't it Mick Wallace who hired his son who was unqualified for the job and was double-jobbing on Mick's other projects?

I think so. I don't follow Wallace much but it rings a bell. What of it? You don't believe in cronyism. He much have had a rigorous interview process right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Literacy problems with the voters or with the counters?
    A process, probably a spreadsheet list!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Odds on another GE this year have tightened to 1/5, which presumably indicates growing confidence the PFG will be approved

1/5 or 5/1?

Sorry just had a look 1/5 on not having a second election this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Your classic answer when the IRA is brought up.

Sure the Brits did it.

Two wrongs ay.

Where have I said that?

The RA dragged in now as an excuse for Chamber's. You guys get better and better craic.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    I think so. I don't follow Wallace much but it rings a bell. What of it? You don't believe in cronyism.
    Some of them make good cases for it, especially if the "crony" has already been involved in their political career. McEntee worked for her father, for example. It tends to be an easier way to hire and fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

When you said gangsters I immediately thought of Charlie Haughey.

For all of Charlie's (many!) faults, he did pull this country into the modern era. Think where we'd be now without the likes of the IFSC and groundwork for becoming the tech/multinational hub of Europe

Then Ahern (far from perfect either) who managed to cement the Peace Process.

Enda... well I suppose he did squander a once in a lifetime chance to actually change and reform the practises that allowed the above two (and many others to this day - from all parties) to abuse the system as well. Lucky for him, the global economy bounced back and our FDI-dependent country with it.

Leo.. less said about him the better really! I suppose the general inertia under his watch meant there were less scandals, but deeper problems.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    For all of Charlie's (many!) faults, he did pull this country into the modern era. Think where we'd be now without the likes of the IFSC and groundwork for becoming the tech/multinational hub of Europe

Then Ahern (far from perfect either) who managed to cement the Peace Process.

Enda... well I suppose he did squander a once in a lifetime chance to actually change and reform the practises that allowed the above two (and many others to this day - from all parties) to abuse the system as well. Lucky for him, the global economy bounced back and our FDI-dependent country with it.

Leo.. less said about him the better really! I suppose the general inertia under his watch meant there were less scandals, but deeper problems.

Think were we'd be if he put the country above his own lifestyle? DeValera wasn't as slick but of similar make.
    Ahern, the finance minister kept his money in his wardrobe?

Varadkar would make you look back fondly on Kenny. That's pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Think were we'd be if he put the country above his own lifestyle? DeValera wasn't as slick but of similar make.
    Ahern, the finance minister kept his money in his wardrobe?

Varadkar would make you look back fondly on Kenny. That's pretty sad.

I'm not saying Charlie and Ahern didn't do a lot wrong and serve their own interests too... But at the same time, if you look at what was around at the time (the likes of Enda), at least we got something from the deal.

Very little to point to in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm not saying Charlie and Ahern didn't do a lot wrong and serve their own interests too... But at the same time, if you look at what was around at the time (the likes of Enda), at least we got something from the deal.

Very little to point to in recent years.

Ahern bankrupted the country, dude. Short memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

McMurphy wrote: »
    1/5 or 5/1?

Sorry just had a look 1/5 on not having a second election this year.

Apologies yes 1/5 on no second GE this year

You’re obviously not a betting person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ahern bankrupted the country, dude. Short memory.

Think you need to read back on your history a little bit

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Disappointed in the greens. Hope they enjoy the pensions, I'l never vote Green again.

FF doing a live stream, you can comment after watching for 15 mins

The only plonkers waiting the 15 mins are your usual SF drones with the same rubbish. I would watch for 15 mins to tell them to get a job but I actually have a job and a life

• Advertisement

Limpy wrote: »
    Disappointed in the greens. Hope they enjoy the pensions, I'l never vote Green again.

You voted Greens

They have got into government potentially and will have a chance to implement their policies and you reward them with not voting again?

Why you vote for them in first place? Just to sit in ditch and throw mud?

As Harney said the worst day in government is better than a life in Opposition. They'll get a chance to do some of the things you voted for. I'd really blame all the voters for FF & FG, the scumbags!

You voted Greens

They have got into government potentially and will have a chance to implement their policies and you reward them with not voting again?

Why you vote for them in first place? Just to sit in ditch and throw mud?

Greens to lead, not to be a mud guards. Propping up the party's many people are Sick of. I voted for change. I didn't vote for the greens to keep the status quo going. Its a kick in the stone's.

Greens to lead, not to be a mud guards. Propping up the party's many people are Sick of. I voted for change. I didn't vote for the greens to keep the status quo going. Its a kick in the stone's.

That’s democracy for you. The people spoke. No party got an overall majority, so FG, FF and the Greens put their differences aside and put the country first.

That’s democracy for you. The people spoke. No party got an overall majority, so FG, FF and the Greens put their differences aside and put the country first.

I didn't vote for it so why should I be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

You did know when you voted what the Greens did in 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Sorry but if you voted for the Greens in the hope for a complete change then you voted for the wrong party. The greens are a centre left party in the main with some elements a bit more left. But generally they focus on social justice issues and environment. They could link up with FF and FG as easily as Sinn Fein or Labour.
    If you wanted change then why didn't you vote Sinn Fein or PBP?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FF doing a live stream, you can comment after watching for 15 mins

The only plonkers waiting the 15 mins are your usual SF drones with the same rubbish. I would watch for 15 mins to tell them to get a job but I actually have a job and a life

Who were FF expecting to watch if all the good non droning people have 'jobs'? :)

You never fail to give me a laugh Shef with your ability to put your foot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Sorry but if you voted for the Greens in the hope for a complete change then you voted for the wrong party. The greens are a centre left party in the main with some elements a bit more left. But generally they focus on social justice issues and environment. They could link up with FF and FG as easily as Sinn Fein or Labour.
    If you wanted change then why didn't you vote Sinn Fein or PBP?

Because the first are criminals and the second morons - though Sinn Fein also have strong moron element to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The other options for coalition would be less likely to actually implement any “green” policies due to the cost of them. So what were you actually voting for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement