Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Limpy wrote: »
    I didn't vote for it so why should I be happy with it.

Nobody votes for a coalition in an election. I'm confused what you wanted. You voted Green but didn't want them to go into government to implement any of their policies?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I didn't vote for it so why should I be happy with it.
    That's not how an election works and you're giving a party with 12 seats enormous power over their destiny. We haven't seen clear numbers for government since 2011 and we could expect that to be the case in a new election.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Sorry but if you voted for the Greens in the hope for a complete change then you voted for the wrong party. The greens are a centre left party in the main with some elements a bit more left. But generally they focus on social justice issues and environment. They could link up with FF and FG as easily as Sinn Fein or Labour.
    If you wanted change then why didn't you vote Sinn Fein or PBP?

You only have one vote. Sinn Fein will get my next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Greens to lead, not to be a mud guards. Propping up the party's many people are Sick of. I voted for change. I didn't vote for the greens to keep the status quo going. Its a kick in the stone's.

Greens would never be able to lead??? they dont have enough politicians or votes......the best any green voter could hope for was going into coalition

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What do you particularly like about SF’s climate and green policies?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nobody votes for a coalition in an election. I'm confused what you wanted. You voted Green but didn't want them to go into government to implement any of their policies?

Anyone but Fianna Fail. Now no need to be confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Would they also lose your vote if FF were the only option?

Who were FF expecting to watch if all the good non droning people have 'jobs'? :)

You never fail to give me a laugh Shef with your ability to put your foot in it.

What?

FF supporters might be interested and watch as it is part of the party they support

Why would you waste 15 mins watching a video just to say "I didn't vote for this"

How many FF/FG supporters would bother wasting their time watching SF for 15 mins just to make an idiotic comment

I know it is difficult for you to understand the difference :-) its seems everything has to be explained in great detail

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sounds like you prefer to vote for a party to shout from the sidelines so SF are the right party for your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You'll fit right in, they don't understand our voting system either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What?

FF supporters might be interested and watch as it is part of the party they support

Why would you waste 15 mins watching a video just to say "I didn't vote for this"

How many FF/FG supporters would bother wasting their time watching SF for 15 mins just to make an idiotic comment

I know it is difficult for you to understand the difference :-) its seems everything has to be explained in great detail

It is good to know that somebody who hasn't time to watch because they have a job thinks it's a huge problem on the live feed...based on the less than 15 minutes he says he watched it for.

:):)

Keep digging Shef...I'm sure you are glued to it for a glimpse of Michael.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Sounds like you prefer to vote for a party to shout from the sidelines so SF are the right party for your vote.

FGers narrowly avoided voting for a party that was relishing shouting from the sidelines.

It is good to know that somebody who hasn't time to watch because they have a job thinks it's a huge problem on the live feed...based on the less than 15 minutes he says he watched it for.

:):)

Keep digging Shef...I'm sure you are glued to it for a glimpse of Michael.

What?

What?

You are saying this is a problem on the live feed, but on the other hand you are saying you are at work and can't watch the live feed like the 'drones' who are causing problems. :)

As usual, you are all over the shop.

I tuned in for a while myself...I would call it a cross section of opinion...good & bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Watching the news just now....

What on earth are the Greens up to??

I don't buy the "we had to do due diligence on the phone in votes" line.

1900+ votes to be counted. I could do it myself in an hour. So add in a bit of complexity given the importance of the result, and then add a few competent people to actually do it, and they say they're still 2 hours away.

For goodness sake?

Watching the news just now....

What on earth are the Greens up to??

I don't buy the "we had to do due diligence on the phone in votes" line.

1900+ votes to be counted. I could do it myself in an hour. So add in a bit of complexity given the importance of the result, and then add a few competent people to actually do it, and they say they're still 2 hours away.

For goodness sake?

Listen to RTE, the result has been known all day.

Somebody is giving them confidence to assume.

All kinda odd, given the Green poll didn't close until 12 noon.

You are saying this is a problem on the live feed, but on the other hand you are saying you are at work and can't watch the live feed like the 'drones' who are causing problems. :)

As usual, you are all over the shop.

I tuned in for a while myself...I would call it a cross section of opinion...good & bad.

What are you going on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Listen to RTE, the result has been known all day.

Somebody is giving them confidence to assume.

All kinda odd, given the Green poll didn't close until 12 noon.

Exactly. I didn't want to come on wearing the tinfoil hat, but its like RTE are lining them up to be King Makers.

Listening to Drive Time and heard their guy getting the easy ride. If I'd been there I'd have said:

"you guys want to save the planet and you can't even count a handful of votes!!!"

What are you going on about?

You...having a cheap shot. But then telling us that because you had a job you couldn't spend time watching.
    How could you conclude there was a problem if you didn't watch for any length of time coz you have a job?
    Like a lot of things you say, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. To back that up I went and had a look myself, fairly normal comments being made of all shades.

It's pretty simple really.

You...having a cheap shot. But then telling us that because you had a job you couldn't spend time watching.
    How could you conclude there was a problem if you didn't watch for any length of time coz you have a job?
    Like a lot of things you say, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. To back that up I went and had a look myself, fairly normal comments being made of all shades.

It's pretty simple really.

Seriously? What are you talking about?

I already explained yet 4-5 posts later your still going on about it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Disappointed in the greens. Hope they enjoy the pensions, I'l never vote Green again.

TBF, let's see how they go. There's always hope. They would have been going in with somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Mortelaro wrote: »

Don’t give up the day job

That was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Yeah I do think that for anyone looking for a huge shift in all policies then Sinn Fein is the only option. The greens are never going to be the hope for change. It's too much for them to take on. As I said social justice and environment....that's pretty much it for them IMO.

Yeah I do think that for anyone looking for a huge shift in all policies then Sinn Fein is the only option. The greens are never going to be the hope for change. It's too much for them to take on. As I said social justice and environment....that's pretty much it for them IMO.

At the moment it looks like the next election will be 5 years away, but early to start calling on who you want to vote for is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

At the moment it looks like the next election will be 5 years away, but early to start calling on who you want to vote for is it not?

Not a hope it will last 5 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

IT alert reckons the Greens have passed it
    Fiach Kelly reports: The Green Party is now expected to ratify the coalition deal with Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.
    Sources said almost completed tallied showed 70 per cent or more of votes in favour of the programme for government, passing the two thirds threshold.

FF have backed it as well they're saying now

Get ready for more taxes, more inconvenience and hassle on top of the already imminent Covid financial fallout - all so a party representing less than 7% of the electorate can virtue signal and destroy the economy under the guise of saving the planet while the likes of China and the US do whatever they want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,538 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If the 3 form a Govn't, let's see what the direction looks like. Then we can freely critically analyse progress or lack of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement