Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Twitter is saying a YES announcement is imminent.

RTE got the news earlier though. :)

What a fecking sham really.

LOL, you're a card Francie.
    SF should coalesce with RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Because sources were correct?
    Ah yes it’s definitely a sham

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Truthvader wrote: »
    That is a huge problem. Agree 100%. There is no left wing alternative at all. What should be the left wing vote is fragmented on independents who are often just a little bit to crazy or PBP whiners with no actual policy. Plus Sinn Fein are getting a big share. The result is a fragmented collection of flakey individuals and wasted votes to Sinn Fein.

He sees SF as 'a fairly good choice'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Are you suggesting the vote is rigged, Francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He sees SF as 'a fairly good choice'

Move over FF, and he is looking for Left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If you on socail welfare then maybe SF would be a good choice
    If your working then SF is the worst choice for you, unless you like more money going out of your wages towards social welfare

Oh I am not a Sinn Fein supporter in any way shape of form! I'm working and I'm very happy with this government formation(confirmation to follow).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

FFGG government confirmed. The perfect outcome from GE20. Hopefully FF and FG merge for the next election.

I wish the new government well. I think they will need it. I hope they end the scourge of expense and insurance fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

FFGG government confirmed. The perfect outcome from GE20. Hopefully FF and FG merge for the next election.

Why on earth would FF and FG merge.

You’re living in dreamland if you think it’s ever going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd say Micheal is as excited as a kid on Christmas morning opening his presents.

Will be interesting to see if there is a job for Donnellly, smart move he made the SDs are going nowhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

jprender wrote: »
    Why on earth would FF and FG merge.

You’re living in dreamland if you think it’s ever going to happen.

I was already in dreamland when they got less than 75 seats in total. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'd say Micheal is as excited as a kid on Christmas morning opening his presents.

Will be interesting to see if there is a job for Donnellly, smart move he made the SDs are going nowhere.

Please god no. How can anybody have any respect for that turncoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Passed 76%

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The head on Eamon Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Result was inevitable but depressing nonetheless when actually hearing it. Pity this is the best we can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

A government covering so many bases is better than a single party government.

Higher yes than the other parties?
    What were we even worried about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

If you're working, but you don't like more money going out of your wages towards property speculators in the form of obscenely high rents, SF are also a fairly good choice.

Only if SF can magically eliminate the need for rented homes overnight.

Because if not, then the "obscenely high rents" will continue to be paid until all of the new houses have been built.

And as SF wants to admit millions of illegal immigrants, the need for accommodation will continue to increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It’s a really bad day for this country but it won’t last long..

It also means the end of the Greens and FF so that can only be a good thing in the longer term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Same **** again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Who do you suggest that those who want a radical change away from right wing economic policies vote for?

The numbers would suggest there isn't enough of such people to be a concern

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Result was inevitable but depressing nonetheless when actually hearing it. Pity this is the best we can come up with.

Fair play to FG, FF and The Greens for pulling together. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Well, people should have learned their lesson from the last time the Green's were in power. Parties need to die permanently, and never be forgiven for past betrayals.

Get ready for austerity in a couple of years, and another half decade (likely a full decade) of inadequate housing.

I hope most of the youth wing of the Green's jump ship, and form a Progressive Green Party. The current Green Party isn't serious on climate issues at all, they're just career-minded politicians.

Harris is probably praying he gets out of Health.

Will be interesting to see what they give to Catherine Martin.

Heard on the radio yesterday Ann Rabbitte is in with a shout for a ministeral position, bit baffling that choice would be if true.

Same **** again and again.

This is what we voted for

Welcome to how democracy works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Only if SF can magically eliminate........

That's about the only thing they have a proven track record on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Main thing is that the pond lives are now in opposition for the next 5 years - or hopefully longer.

So all in all, a good result for those of us who despise terrorists, low lives and thugs.

It’s a really bad day for this country but it won’t last long..

It also means the end of the Greens and FF so that can only be a good thing in the longer term.

FF have a loyal core vote, they were wrote off 10 years ago and yet they are still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

KyussB wrote: »
    Well, people should have learned their lesson from the last time the Green's were in power. Parties need to die permanently, and never be forgiven for past betrayals.

Get ready for austerity in a couple of years, and another half decade (likely a full decade) of inadequate housing.

I hope most of the youth wing of the Green's jump ship, and form a Progressive Green Party. The current Green Party isn't serious on climate issues at all, they're just career-minded politicians.

I hope that those loony greens that voted against this deal are pushed out of the party as soon as possible, they'd be happier in People before Profit or SF.

Greens will be in the compost bin and FF will join Labour in irrelevancy. It'll be a tough couple of years but it'll be worth it long term.

Take the points, the goals'll come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Fair play to FG, FF and The Greens for pulling together. Onwards and upwards.

It’s great to see leaders rising above the noise to make decisions for the good of the country.

Bravo to the members of the parties involved. They’ve shown great maturity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement