Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Harris is probably praying he gets out of Health.

Will be interesting to see what they give to Catherine Martin.

Heard on the radio yesterday Ann Rabbitte is in with a shout for a ministeral position, bit baffling that choice would be if true.

I'd say he can't wait to get out because he's aged during this coronavirus crisis but.

Heritage, Gaeltacht and whatever else is part of that dept ? Isn't she a native Irish speaker or fluent at least ? Catherine Martin I mean.

Unless that's a geographical choice I'd wonder what post she'd get. Could be a junior ministry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm not saying Charlie and Ahern didn't do a lot wrong and serve their own interests too... But at the same time, if you look at what was around at the time (the likes of Enda), at least we got something from the deal.

Very little to point to in recent years.

Very short and selective memory you must have.

While Haughey was feathering his nest, Garret Fitzgerald was the alternative.

And Dukes would have made an vastly better Taoiseach than the Drumcondra gurrier.

jprender wrote: »
    It’s great to see leaders rising above the noise to make decisions for the good of the country.

Bravo to the members of the parties involved. They’ve shown great maturity

If it goes wrong or not as well as it possibly should the voters won't care about maturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It’s great to see leaders rising above the noise to make decisions for the good of the country.

More like a mutual defence pact to keep SF out

And based on a non-costed, wishy-washy "PfG" that will mean nothing in a few months. Back to making it up as they go.

Can only hope this mess falls apart sooner rather than later before too much damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Spare a thought for poor perpetual loser Saoirse and Mary Lou. Another five years whinging across the Dail and no one paying any attention to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The politicians stood up in the last few months.

Fair play to FF/FG/Greens. The rest are hiding out in the ditch

Edgware wrote: »
    Spare a thought for poor perpetual loser Saoirse and Mary Lou. Another five years whinging across the Dail and no one paying any attention to her.

Its another display of poor leadership from Mary Lou. At this stage it seems to be a common occurance of her f**king it up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Its another display of poor leadership from Mary Lou. At this stage it seems to be a common occurance of her f**king it up

I dunno. I think a cabinet made up of Sinn Féin TDs would have handled the pandemic brilliantly. Much better than it was handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

And based on a non-costed, wishy-washy "PfG" that will mean nothing in a few months. Back to making it up as they go.

Can only hope this mess falls apart sooner rather than later before too much damage is done.

SF are toxic for the majority of the Irish public.
    There really aren’t any options for them to govern at all. They will never have enough support.

These three parties have put themselves forward to guide the country through what will be a tough few years.
    Other parties should be ashamed of themselves for running away from government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Better than the SF animals getting into government along with the like of PBP.

She thought that with all the furore over the Greens that Paddy Holohan could slip back in unnoticed

Well I listened to Mary Lou's interview with rte and she said that if the pfg didn't pass(it has) that she and Sinn Fein would be willing to get an framework of a government in place, which is fair enough but if it's possible to do now surely it was possible after the election in march. I mean maybe they had one but I don't recall anything of substance from Sinn Fein and like minded parties at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭This is it

I dunno. I think a cabinet made up of Sinn Féin TDs would have handled the pandemic brilliantly. Much better than it was handled.

Based on what?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well I listened to Mary Lou's interview with rte and she said that if the pfg didn't pass(it has) that she and Sinn Fein would be willing to get an framework of a government in place, which is fair enough but if it's possible to do now surely it was possible after the election in march. I mean maybe they had one but I don't recall anything of substance from Sinn Fein and like minded parties at the time.

Why is she talking about it now? she had the chance in Feb and ran away to hide....she is full of poo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

That's probably the best thing about it.

And you opinion is based on what? Their ability to make a fúck up of their election result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

She thought that with all the furore over the Greens that Paddy Holohan could sllip back in unnoticed

He’s back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Maybe, just maybe, you can't polish a turd

And you opinion is based on what? Their ability to make a fúck up of their election result

Three Friday evening glasses of wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Last poll showed FG at 30%+ so no matter what the outcome of this government it’s not a done deal that SF will grow. FF will always have a hard core 15-20% and will grow from that if anything. 2020 election could well be SF peak. That said they get to be moaners in chief for the next while and god knows they love that role.

Have you seen the balls they made of the North?

Also Leo stepped in and got in contact with Boris it would have been a disaster

The border counties of course suffered because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Hubertj wrote: »
    He’s back in?

Worse than that.

It’s a really bad day for this country but it won’t last long..

It also means the end of the Greens and FF so that can only be a good thing in the longer term.
    And then you woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Doesn't matter. It had to happen. There was no real alternative anyway.

Shinners hid behind the hedges, silent on Covid, but then again that huge impact on all of us meant nothing to their supporters after all. No Leftie shyte about housing and giving away our money and so on for the benefit of the permanently entitled.

Will give it a week or so. Yawn almighty.

slegs wrote: »
    Last poll showed FG at 30%+ so no matter what the outcome of this government it’s not a done deal that SF will grow. FF will always have a hard core 15-20% and will grow from that if anything. 2020 election could well be their peak. That said they get to be moaners in chief for the next while and god knows they love that role.

An opinion poll is irrelevant.

slegs wrote: »
    Last poll showed FG at 30%+ so no matter what the outcome of this government it’s not a done deal that SF will grow. FF will always have a hard core 15-20% and will grow from that if anything. 2020 election could well be their peak. That said they get to be moaners in chief for the next while and god knows they love that role.

37%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This is what we voted for

Welcome to how democracy works

I didn't vote for any of these shysters. FF destroyed the country last time along with the Greens. I was only in my early 20s that time. FG just ran it further into the ground. Now with this crap, I don't see any future for myself or many people my age. Taxed to the hilt, unable to afford to get a mortgage because rents are so high, have to get into debt to get a newish car because insurance is disgraceful for cars over 10 years old. Working flat out just to exist. Its depressing and it's just going to continue. All these people do is peddle lie after lie and tax and tax. This is my home but I just don't see a future for myself here..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

This now means SF goin on the offensive for the foreseeable but if I was a supporter Id would be asking why the party couldnt form a Gov from the get-go especialy through a crisis like Covid19. The Independants too should be held up for scrutiny aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There is no reason for the Green Party to exist if they don't want to be in government. They keep speaking on how now is the crucial time to put in place plans to combat change. If they're not going to go into power to try and put their policies into place, they shouldn't exist.

I gave them my first preference in the last election and I'm glad they've come to the right decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement