Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Kildare Street so quiet on the news there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Edgware wrote: »
    Spare a thought for poor perpetual loser Saoirse and Mary Lou. Another five years whinging across the Dail and no one paying any attention to her.

Poor loser Mary Lou?

From a Political view point Sinn Fein are probably the biggest winners here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why is she talking about it now? she had the chance in Feb and ran away to hide....she is full of poo

Well she asked if the pfg didn't get ratified what could happen and she made the comment about it. I found it strange. My memory of the government formation talks where that Sinn Fein had some but they didn't last long and pbp voted for Mary lou as Taoiseach but it was a qualified vote which didn't sound positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Poor loser Mary Lou?

I agree, FF/FG/GP are going to severely damage one another over the next 5 years if it even lasts that long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Poor loser Mary Lou?

Not a chance.

That’s just a straw that some are clutching to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Poor loser Mary Lou?

Best election in years and they end up no further than if they got a run of the mill result

How is that the biggest winners?

There is no reason for the Green Party to exist if they don't want to be in government. They keep speaking on how now is the crucial time to put in place plans to combat change. If they're not going to go into power to try and put their policies into place, they shouldn't exist.

I gave them my first preference in the last election and I'm glad they've come to the right decision.

It's why I've taken a bit of dim view on the SD who I like but they had enough TDs finally to make a difference and didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I dunno. I think a cabinet made up of Sinn Féin TDs would have handled the pandemic brilliantly. Much better than it was handled.

4b6d0e01a05990b7129f0a9cd63c28ae

Best election in years and they end up no further than if they got a run of the mill result

Well they'll have the main opposition benches to themselves and not be stuck in the corner. Now that could be a blessing and a curse, only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mary Lou screeching from the sidelines for the next few years. Great....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This is it wrote: »
    Based on what?

Based on the dude being a SF voter.

They're playing the long game here. At some point this coalition will collapse in on itself with in fighting. That will severely damage all 3 coalition parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Hubertj wrote: »
    He’s back in?

Yup; readmitted then immediately nominated for Mayor of SDCC by the local SF cretins.

The SF brains trust (pardon the oxymoron!) are now claiming that they didn't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well they'll have the main opposition benches to themselves and not be stuck in the corner. Now that could be a blessing and a curse, only time will tell.

They have Violet Anne and the likes on that bench!!

Can they keep that shower of lunatics under control for 5 years?? :P I doubt it

I agree, FF/FG/GP are going to severely damage one another over the next 5 years if it even lasts that long

I'd say michael Martin will do his two years as Taoiseach and pull the whole thing down as go to the park. Hes no longer the only FF leader to not be Taoiseach which is what he wanted.

jprender wrote: »
    Not a chance.

That’s just a straw that some are clutching to.

Clutching at straws? Every election they get more and more seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So far.

Clutching at straws?

Every election they get more and more seats..........

.............. on the opposition benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

What goes up must come down.

Protest voters are a fickle bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'd say michael Martin will do his two years as Taoiseach and pull the whole thing down as go to the park. Hes no longer the only FF leader to not be Taoiseach which is what he wanted.
    Doubtful. It's a great opportunity for them to be part of the effort to rescue Ireland economically.

• Advertisement

Yes on the opposition benches.

They've seen what happens to other parties that go in as junior partners in a coalition. PDs, DL, Labour, Greens... They get thrown to the dogs.

Sinn Fein know this, they knew they were never getting in this time. So go another 5 years and continue to build towards a strong left coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The proof of history proves the opposite. MM kept his deal on the last Govn't. A Govn't many were saying wouldn't last 6 months. Not that it was a good Govn't.
    Some very poor Ministers, Murphy, Ross, Creed, Naughten to list some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Poor loser Mary Lou?

What? They got the highest vote out of each party and they still end up in opposition, a lonely bench the next term.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Doubtful. It's a great opportunity for them to be part of the effort to rescue Ireland economically.

Well maybe doubtful but it's not an impossibility. I can see the greens not making the mistakes they made the last time because it's taken a while to get back even though the trend is for the smaller party of a coalition to take the fall, and FF and FG wont want to be seen as one in the same so will try their hardest to maintain their identities. Best laid plans and all that.

jprender wrote: »
    What goes up must come down.

Protest voters are a fickle bunch.

Not the Protest Vote nonsense again. I've been hearing that for the past 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Truthvader wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? Ask any of the people in Belfast or Derry who will never walk properly again about Sinn Fein "social justice" . Questions on the environment can be referred to border farmers on whose land Slab and the boys dump their diesel sludge.

Think you will be disappointed on those fronts but if you want the Special Criminal Court abolished thems the lads for you.

I am not looking for any huge shift!! You won't find me ever voting for Sinn Fein! I was merely pointing out that anyone looking for a huge change should have voted Sinn Fein not Green. Change isn't always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How? FF & FG will agree with the economic steering and largely go along with the green agenda. And then what do you imagine will happen? SF, the party who couldn't get the numbers, swoop in to save the day?

He won't be able to, unless he can convince the rest of his party that they're going to come out of an election stronger. And not even your average FF backbencher is that thick.

Hurrache wrote: »
    What? They got the highest vote out of each party and they stillnd up in opposition, a lonely bench the next term.

As I said previously, they're building the party based on the long game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

So the coalition continues with the addition of the greens, hardly a surprise considering the (Bribe) pay raise that is on the Cards for it being approved.

I can live with fracked gas being banned.
    I can live with more cycling infrastructure.

But Michael Martin is old school FF, and we know what that means. It’s Bertie levels of Haugheyness with a bit of biffo for good measure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement