Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As long as the Shinners are out of the frame, I can deal with the new Government. Shinners will have us paying for every waif and stray and everything else, and anti vaxers are good, and...oh god do they even know who their candidates were.. They are totally nuts

Time to call out the balaclavas who decide anyway. That's a nope from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Do we really need to go into the quality of FF and FG TDs elected over the past years?

Fair point. However, if you are to contrast and compare the current FF and FG TDs with the current SF TDs then it is impossible to see how a SF government would be preferable today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Maybe a change of leadership might smarten things up. Dessie Ellis maybe? Would bring in the swing voters.

Yep, why not? A proven sociopath and bomb maker. Why bother pretending anymore. Maybe Mary Lou will be summoned to a shed in Crossmaglen and the boys can explain that they dont need her anymore and they'd "prefer" if she resigned etc. No pressure at all of course / entirely a matter for herself etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If people couldn't afford the rents they wouldn't pay them and the rent would come down

The huge issue at the moment is non payment by people on social welfare of rent to councils. If they where made to pay the rent that money could be reinvested into more housing.

SF will never resolve any of that.....

Ha, Ha, Ha...ha.
    What would they do sleep rough? Seek state aid? Move back in with their parents? Sign on the housing list? Move way way out? They are. Sweet lamb of god pull your head out of your .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Do we really need to go into the quality of FF and FG TDs elected over the past years?

Well there's not much point in going into the quality of FF and FG TDs who haven't ever been elected, is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

christy c wrote: »
    And stupid, see "Your pension at 65" stupidity.
    I don't view that as stupid per se, merely exploiting an opportunity to woo people who are utterly uninformed and who seek simplistic economic actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Best election in years and they end up no further than if they got a run of the mill result

How is that the biggest winners?
    Don't piss on the Shinner parade. That's all they have

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hurrache wrote: »

Awkward.

She didn't learn anything from when that fool Clifford Lee got caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I'm worried I won't be able to heat my home now.
    The frigging greens.
    Only green they care about is money.
    Going to be rightly screwed
    Carbon tax will have everything priced through the roof.
    Dark days ahead for me literally.

Exactly, yet FG are our "right wing" party.

Hopefully this coalition will hasten the arrival of a right/centre right party.

Seriously Christy, where do you think all this tax payer funded rent is ending up, who do you think we are paying for the 25 year leases, who are making up these landlord companies? The legion of Mary?

Which of these makes the most private profit? Take your time now...

A) Build our own and rent or lease to the public.

B) 25 year lease of a luxury apartment, hotels, using build to rent companies.

Hint: FG's former housing adviser is married to Goldman-Sachs top man in Ireland, (stepped down last February).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Well there's not much point in going into the quality of FF and FG TDs who haven't ever been elected, is there?
    They can't all be of the quality of Violet down in Clare

Triangle wrote: »
    Mary Mitchel o Connor level ��
    Indeed, that's a relief all round to see her set sail elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Fair point. However, if you are to contrast and compare the current FF and FG TDs with the current SF TDs then it is impossible to see how a SF government would be preferable today.

I'm not saying it would be preferable. Just pointing out that the usual comments on here is head in the sand stuff.

FF and FG didn't come together willingly. They were forced together (not at gun point) by the huge increase in support for Sinn Fein.

They knew very well, form a coalition or else go back to the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

jprender wrote: »
    There were even some SF TDs elected purely due to protest votes !

The electorate didn’t have a clue who they were ��

e.g. John Mythen SF in Wexford - topped the poll in the GE and previously he couldn't even hold his council seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

And stupid, see "Your pension at 65" stupidity.

He was just backing up his leader's inanely populist "the demographics will take care of themselves" nonsense.

That was the instant when I realised that for all of her impressive academic qualifications when it comes to economics, Mary Lou is about as thick as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm not saying it would be preferable. Just pointing out that the usual comments on here is head in the sand stuff.

FF and FG didn't come together willingly. They were forced together (not at gun point) by the huge increase in support for Sinn Fein.

I'm not so sure SF would have relished another GE. I can't see how they would have improved on February.

jprender wrote: »
    Right wing housing policies ?

With the level of rent allowance and cheap houses given out ?

Honestly, we don’t have right wing housing policies.

We certainly do. Enjoy paying taxes so people on welfare can live in D4 apartments? Good on ya.
    Of course all the rent money goes to charity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    Seriously Christy, where do you think all this tax payer funded rent is ending up, who do you think we are paying for the 25 year leases, who are making up these landlord companies? The legion of Mary?

Hint: FG's former housing adviser is married to Goldman-Sachs top man in Ireland, (stepped down last February).

Stop talking through your backside please. Right wing does not contribute to private profit, if a business or landlord cannot survive right wing politics would let them go to the wall.

Nor did FF in 1987, FF-PDs in 1989, Labour-FF in 1992, FF-Greens in 2007 nor the confidence and supply in 2016. It's all about how the numbers work and what deals can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The bottom line at the end of the day is.... those who work for a living are paying lots for those who don't or who can't be bothered to. It is not right.

Despite the fact that many think FF.FG are "right wing" they are far more to the Left than we think. The Veggies know this.

Time to look after those who pay for this largesse. My kids want a house, we can't afford to pay for it, they are having problems getting a mortgage despite our help, but others just rock up and get their rent paid for them.

I know the Hap is open to everyone based on income, don't get me wrong, but honestly there is something wrong somewhere.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't view that as stupid per se, merely exploiting an opportunity to woo people who are utterly uninformed and who seek simplistic economic actions.

Well if that is ghe case it's even worse IMO, cynical policies to further his own party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They elected someone who was rejected for a council seat in Kildare and given to racist tweets and a TCD graduate in Clare who refused to pay rent, and a lad in Waterford who seems to be living in the past. Not exactly top notch candidates but voters went for them anyway.

There's also the one in Kildare South who was so eager to engage with the electorate that she went on holiday while the campaign was on.

He was just backing up his leader's inanely populist "the demographics will take care of themselves" nonsense.

That was the instant when I realised that for all of her impressive academic qualifications when it comes to economics, Mary Lou is about as thick as they come.

He was the bufoon holding the sign at their manifesto launch, both probably equally stupid.

Bowie wrote: »

More vague conspiracy drivel. Someone is married to someone who works in a bank. Grow the F Up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

a TCD graduate in Clare who refused to pay rent,

That's not really a fair comment, she's also an anti-vaxxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And social media enthusiast....

I believe her position is more nuanced or she has tried to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I'm worried I won't be able to heat my home now.
    The frigging greens.
    Only green they care about is money.
    Going to be rightly screwed
    Carbon tax will have everything priced through the roof.
    Dark days ahead for me literally.

Turn the light on but use energy saver bulb

• Advertisement

Stop talking through your backside please. Right wing does not contribute to private profit, if a business or landlord cannot survive right wing politics would let them go to the wall.

Except when the banks went to the wall we didn't let them. We paid their debt and they kept their jobs. Cant blame left wing fury on that front

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement