Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

She is fairly clearly the future of the green party,who will parachute her into a consituency to get her in and use the high profile to increase vote nationwide

(Essentially what sf done with mary lou)

Congratz to micheal martin on making taoiseach,from what looked a position of no hope,

Hopefully he will introduce the ssia type scheme he promised in the election for first time buyers
    If the concept of a green "safe seat" existed, I'd tend to agree with you, but it doesn't. And if the greens act the same in government like they did last time around, there won't be any of them in the Dail after the next election.

Rather than the future of the party she looks more like the past - cut from similar cloth to McKenna. Surely the real future of the party is those that are the younger currently elected TDs and senators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And the Balaclava bosses in the background. But many think they have moved on. I don't.

The calibre of their elected members in the last election is just so fkn hilarious as to make it ridiculous. But that's down to the local Cumann or whatever the Shinners call it. Says it all for me.

A collection of flakes and spongers to be sure but if eejitry were the issue I would be less concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Martin will be Taoiseach for the worst years of the coming recession. I imagine that will reflect badly on the FF party.
    The makeup of the cabinet will be fascinating.

The future of any party is high profile canditdates getting elected and raiseing profile

(hence why only dullards have heard of the mad sf wan from clare,but most can idemtify their high profile.members,same as any other political party)....if you put 5 green party TDs on a slidesheet tomorrw,walked out in public,how many general public could identify them??,

Include the mchugh wan,and you have a profile/person to link them too straight away,it was astonishing poor management,the greens didnt pour resourses into getting her elected,instead profited of SF transfers,which likely will half in number next time,assuming they run more canditates

I agree she has profile, but for what? But she hasn't been elected - three times now.

If I were a green TD, particularly a new, ambitious one - the amount of attention shes getting would be grating for sure.

Martin will be Taoiseach for the worst years of the coming recession. I imagine that will reflect badly on the FF party.
    The makeup of the cabinet will be fascinating.

Their saying 20 junior ministries,we really need to look into having a referendum to limit these in the constitution

A mid term reshuffle could likely see,30 different junior ministers in one government.....too much for size population we have imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Well he promised an ssia type scheme for 1st time buyers.....time to deliver on his manifesto

Sure who needs that with white gold all over the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Bowie wrote: »
    Let's just see how they perform first. Going by their histories and recent record why would anyone pretend to support them?
    That said what's wrong with voters changing their minds? It's not a team sport Blanch. Maybe the floaters who go FF one election, FG the next will be consolidated?

Anyway some fantasy to think folk simply want to pretend they backed these barneys just to be on the 'winning' side :)
    Let's see how the tax payer and the environment fare first huh? Begorrah if they build social and affordable we might end up pals :)

+1 if housing, health and environment is improved - I will remain a Green supporter. Otherwise I just don't know where I can vote.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Well sure lookit.....he has 4 and half years to deliver it,im at age,where il.soon be buildimg a house,so he better deliver on his promise

Grab yourself a bucket, get out into those fields and get yourself a few buckets of it, sure that will pay for the foundations

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Their saying 20 junior ministries,we really need to look into having a referendum to limit these in the constitution

A mid term reshuffle could likely see,30 different junior ministers in one government.....too much for size population we have imo

Should be 1 junior to 1 full cabinet minister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Surely Jim O'Callaghan will get a ministry?? Who do we think FG will opt for?

• Advertisement

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Surely Jim O'Callaghan will get a ministry?? Who do we think FG will opt for?

Varadkar supposedly going for forgien affairs.....eogann murphy,depsite ffg previously voting down a no confidence motion is gone from cabinet

They tried to get jim.ocallihan the attorney general.position....but was blocked by FG by all.accounts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

More government waste. Maybe they should dust off Fine Gael's "New Politics" document from 2011 :D

Varadkar supposedly going for forgien affairs.....eogann murphy,depsite ffg previously voting down a no confidence motion is gone from cabinet

They tried to get jim.ocallihan the attorney general.position....but was blocked by FG by all.accounts

What!!! That's crazy. What about Simon Coveney? I'd say he's fuming?

Varadkar going to business. Coveney staying in DFA.

O'Callaghan and Martin don't get on, O'Callaghan didn't want AG but could lose out to jack chambers for chief whip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »
    Let's just see how they perform first. Going by their histories and recent record why would anyone pretend to support them?
    That said what's wrong with voters changing their minds? It's not a team sport Blanch. Maybe the floaters who go FF one election, FG the next will be consolidated?

Anyway some fantasy to think folk simply want to pretend they backed these barneys just to be on the 'winning' side :)
    Let's see how the tax payer and the environment fare first huh? Begorrah if they build social and affordable we might end up pals :)
    Pity SF couldn't stop this madness ay?

Oh wait.....

What!!! That's crazy. What about Simon Coveney? I'd say he's fuming?

That now idk....id imagine he will.lead FG into next election.......seems a rare thing in irish politics ,a decent chap,might even give blueshirts a number 2 or 3,if he was their leader and a good west waterford candidate emerge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    I predict that there will be a whole heap of posters disappearing over the coming weeks, some with closed accounts, some with changed names. Next we will see some new posters emerge, claiming to have voted Green in February but are disgusted by the way they are propping up the FF/FG government but will be voting SF in the next election which can’t come soon enough.

You've been predicting the imminent political demise of SF since forever blanch, last time I checked - they've now, in 2020 got more elected TDs in the Dail than FG.

I will treat your predictions, with the same rigour I place in Russel Grants tarot card readings.

1_Russell-Grant-interview.jpg

I'm a Virgo btw.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You've been predicting the imminent political demise of SF since forever blanch, last time I checked - they've now, in 2020 got more elected TDs in the Dail than FG.

I will treat your predictions, with the same rigour I place in Russel Grants tarot card readings.

I'm a Virgo btw.

Tbf that lad seems to have a worrying amount of his identity tied up in an anon msg board.....at least most rest posters are down for lolz

Remind me wrote: »
    Varadkar going to business. Coveney staying in DFA.

O'Callaghan and Martin don't get on, O'Callaghan didn't want AG but could lose out to jack chambers for chief whip

So it'll be Leo, Simon, Paschal & Harris for definite. Who else? McEntee & Bruton?

Personally, I find Jack Chambers unbearable but I can see why they wanted someone young in their front bench. Jim should definitely have gotten a ministry though, a big mistake imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

FFGG government confirmed. The perfect outcome from GE20. Hopefully FF and FG merge for the next election.

I wish the new government well. I think they will need it. I hope they end the scourge of expense and insurance fraud.
    So it'll be Leo, Simon, Paschal & Harris for definite. Who else? McEntee & Bruton?

Strong argument for two women, Humphreys and McEntee most likely

• Advertisement

Strong argument for two women, Humphreys and McEntee most likely

For the Greens, who are you thinking? Ryan, Martin, Smyth & ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I wonder are SF green with envy tonight, or saying FFG. (Flippin Fcukin Great).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

For the Greens, who are you thinking? Ryan, Martin, Smyth & ??

Three is their allocation, smart money seems to be on Roderick O'Gorman for the third

Praying that MM doesn't make Timmy Dooley a senator.....

David cullinane failed to get elected 3 times,but came in over double quota last election in waterford.....a high enough senator and committee position should see her,over the line next time

Tbh i gave green man,number 3 on basis,she would be in,and give stronger voice on social issues,he seemed broadly aligned with her,but if fails to deliver,il not give him a transfer again

She failed to get elected to the seanad. And given that she campaigned against going into government, the greens will hardly get her one of the Taoiseach's nominations. That would be a real kick in the nads to those that worked in the GP to get the deal over the line.

But I suppose stranger things have happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

For anyone in dublin who mostly depend on natural gas for heating, the banning of building a LNG terminal is incredibly short sighted. We still have to import gas, just at the mercy of the brits.

Do people outside Dublin not heat their homes or something?

Personally, I find Jack Chambers unbearable but I can see why they wanted someone young in their front bench. Jim should definitely have gotten a ministry though, a big mistake imo.

McEntee humphries and Madigan, 2 cabinet 1 super junior.

Chambers has done very well in opposition in terms of defence and was in the negotiating team. As a young first time TD he was an easy target for online abuse and it stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

After all we have been through over the last few months, I think fair play to the quasi Government.

I hope MM will emerge from his chrysalis and do us all proud, Who is with me on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I wonder are SF green with envy tonight, or saying FFG. (Flippin Fcukin Great).

If I have been following the plot of this particular soap opera correctly SF didn't actually want to be in govt because they are frit or something so surely in that case they are delighted to be safe on the opposition benches where Leo claimed he wanted to be but that was after Micheál implied he would be open to asking Mary-Lou if she would be open to possibly getting into the Dáil together but then the count came in and ...
    feck it - I need to watch the omnibus edition to try and work it out.

• Advertisement

This is probably a stupid question, but what's the relationship between FG and Michael Collins? He was dead before the party was even founded? Was he not a member of Sinn Féin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement