Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I was impressed with O'Broin on Morning Ireland today.

First he condemned the SF clowns who nominated Paddy the Moron for Mayor of SDCC.

Then he promised that SF would provide constructive opposition (!!!) - I'll reserve judgement on that one for the time being. But I hope that he cleared it with Pearse Motormouth and Louise O'Reilly first.

And finally he promised that SF would be the most effective opposition in the history of the State. Which led me to wonder whether, if SF delivers on that commitment, it could be granted the title of permanent opposition in perpetuity. It's a role that they appear to be very well equipped to perform without any additional training being required - apart perhaps from a bit of cop-on for David Cullinane.

Perhaps a Constitutional Amendment to that effect could be introduced?

Like everything with SF it’s all sounds good but nothing behind it....

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well according to SF that’s a majority

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Thank God someone in FF did maths in primary school

No, according to SF if the other parties finish 2 and 4% behind them then they are quite rightly and mathematically the most popular party with the voters.

Let's see you say different there Shef...use diagrams if you need to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Norma Foley quoting Shakespeare again and not an Irish writer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

ricero wrote: »
    Be shocked if this government even lasts 18 months. Be intetesting to see who turns on who first. I reckon FG will throw the Greens and FF under the bus first.

Sf to lead a majority goverment within the next 3 years is my prediction.

Are you the lad who tipped the Leitrim footballers to win last year's All-Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

You can’t beat the positive nature of some of the population.....

Tell you what, stick this comment as your signature and let see if it happens??

Some of the population but what about the fears of many including myself.

Perhaps I can save the post and can repost it in a couple of yrs .

• Advertisement

No, according to SF if the other parties finish 2 and 4% behind them then they are quite rightly and mathematically the most popular party with the voters.

Let's see you say different there Shef...use diagrams if you need to. :)

Francie

Seats win prizes, not makey uppey numbers

Remind me who has the most seats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Are you the lad who tipped the Leitrim footballers to win last year's All-Ireland?

No but I tipped Liverpool to win the premeir league.

Fg and Ff will eat each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ricero wrote: »
    Be shocked if this government even lasts 18 months. Be intetesting to see who turns on who first. I reckon FG will throw the Greens and FF under the bus first.

Sf to lead a majority goverment within the next 3 years is my prediction.
    How can they do that if they can't even get the numbers now? I don't share your optimism BTW as FG & FG have worked together well enough together through the tensions over the last four years.

Pearse the clown on nominating Mary Lou for “CHANGE”, what a gobs**t

So far I think he said change 20 times, they are an embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

In 2002 FG won 54 seats and 27% of the 1st pref vote.
    Were they bitching and moaning about being excluded from government?
    No, because they understand how democracy works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

SF are just going to moan and criticise for the lifetime of the government while offering nothing more than "change".
    And they'll moan in Irish too, just to look cool.

Change Change Change. Trying to dupe the electorate with one word. It will backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oh SF, get that moaner OBroin off the TV today. It's a historic day so let FF and FG form the government.

bUt He WroTe A bOoK

Another SF clown up reading Irish off a piece of paper and talking about “change”

Still don’t realise that 24% is not a majority

I didn’t see any of these clowns in the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

In 2002 FG won 54 seats and 27% of the 1st pref vote.
    Were they bitching and moaning about being excluded from government?
    No, because they understand how democracy works
    We do need to see the end of "we wuz robbed" as a message. Time to get on with constructive opposition!

Mary Lou up and we are talking about “change”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Another SF clown up reading Irish off a piece of paper and talking about “change”

Still don’t realise that 24% is not a majority

I didn’t see any of these clowns in the last few months?

It's funny that the change they are referring to is - no more vaccinations, no 5G mind control towers & no more immigrants or people of immigrant descent holding positions of power in the country.

bUt He WroTe A bOoK
    Oh Really? Was it called "Change?

At this stage Mary Lou and SF just making an show of themselves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The SF lads on here want him....let them have him

He would probably end up second in command in SF, the rest of them are that useless :-)

Useless enough that a good many of them ended up with significantly more votes than a good many of those about to take charge of the country, who struggled to get elected on the third, fourth, fifth, sixth counts...

Anyway, we never got a chance to see how 'useless' they'd be, as our Irish political monopoly made sure they didn't get a sniff of power. Let's see how useful FFFGGP are over the next few years before discounting the main opposition party as being useless, shall we?

• Advertisement

Civil War politics is over. Finally. A great and historic day.

Useless enough that a good many of them ended up with significantly more votes than a good many of those about to take charge of the country, who struggled to get elected on the third, fourth, fifth, sixth counts...

Anyway, we never got a chance to see how 'useless' they'd be, as our Irish political monopoly made sure they didn't get a sniff of power. Let's see how useful FFFGGP are over the next few years before discounting the main opposition party as being useless, shall we?

Did you see the reaction when people seen what voting for SF meant when they ended up with Violet Anne, up da Ra boy and the one in Cavan....

A revolt vote meant nobody knew who the Td behind the SF vote was....now people are left with years of looking at them

Good man, Leo. Tell it as it is!

Lad,you have 5 posts in 6 mins ranting about sf,without reply from anyone

Like,its great craic etc watching you meltdown,but i dont think its doing you any benefit listening to the radio

Are you watching the rte news? SF are talking on i

Finally a politician stands up and Leo has some dignity

Leo taking the piss out of “change” now. I’m liking the new Leo, that was excellent

Why would I melt down? The people I wanted in are just about to get voted in with FF getting back to top job

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely this will lead to the amalgamation of FF and FG.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Leo nailed them!!

I was just thinking that FFG needed to expose the change spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I voted SF #1 & the Greens #2 in the last election, but that doesn't mean that I'm rooting for this government to fail. Any government that does its best and doesn't shaft the most vulnerable in society is fine by me. Obviously I'm sceptical, but I would only be delighted to be proven wrong.

I genuinely don't understand how some people are so invested in the actual political parties themselves. Surely the only thing that should matter is a party's representatives and their policies? All of this talk regarding the civil war/the Blueshirts/the IRA is boring af. It's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

is_that_so wrote: »
    We do need to see the end of "we wuz robbed" as a message. Time to get on with constructive opposition!

And now after winning 35 seats FG in government, after wanting to be in opposition.

SF are better off as the leading opposition party. That’s why Varadkar was willing to sit back in opposition this time, he’d be the opposition leader.

Corona has changed his mind unlikely FF will make in roads as Taoiseach in the next 2 years FG has momentum behind them and if the Gov lasts 2 years Varadkar walks into next GE as Taoiseach. While SF remains as the second party. Then The Greens will be real king makers a coalition with FG or one with SF& indos

Leo nailed them!!

I was just thinking that FFG needed to expose the change spin.

It was hilarious

“Just say change as many time”

Hahahahahah what the whole of Ireland is thinking

Especially when done just after the 3 previous clowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This will all end in tears. Greens will be demolited.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement