Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Surely this will lead to the amalgamation of FF and FG.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Eamonn Ryan's race is done, I'd expect a coup within 18 months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This will all end in tears. Greens will be demolited.

I literally just stuck on the RTE coverage and I'm greeted by Eamon Ryan swaying back n forth pontificating about "de environment"

He hasn't a notion. This country is screwed!

Why not....they are effectively same thing nowadays??

Ahh will ya quit your sour grapes

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I literally just stuck on the RTE coverage and I'm greeted by Eamon Ryan swaying back n forth pontificating about "de environment"

Maybe wait until he finishes speaking before commenting.

Absolutely, his delusion has reached boiling point over the last 12 months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Mate.....its not sour grapes...trying to shut down discussion on their almagnmation or people outlinimg they are effectively same thing isnt sour grapes

You have to learn to accept constructive critism.or differing viewpoints.....clearly you belive their to be fundamental differences between them,that noone else can see.....what are they?

To be honest I though what he covered was good and he is right, building our own system so we don’t have to rely on foreign gas/etc will be better....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mary Lou has some sour face on her. Some joke nominating her for Taoiseach without an iota of a thought for a Programme for Government.

• Advertisement

Maybe wait until he finishes speaking before commenting.

I've listened to him enough over the last few weeks particularly but long before today as well to know he's an ideologue who is completely disconnected from the reality most people in this country live in.

No-one else there seems particularly interested in what he's saying either.

Well can you enlighten us about their differences in policy or outlook?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Labour hit another blow to SF calling them Out on not trying to form a government

Late late show give away comment on manifesto

SF supporters should listen, Labour are 100% right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Alan Kelly can't speak.

I agree with what he is saying, but he's not clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Useless enough that a good many of them ended up with significantly more votes than a good many of those about to take charge of the country, who struggled to get elected on the third, fourth, fifth, sixth counts...

Ahhh, sweet! It's always good to read a post by a SF supporter afflicted - like so many of them - by the Boyzone mentality!

For youngsters, Boyzone were once the most popular band in Ireland, but that didn't mean either that their music was particularly good or that everyone bought their records.

Today, Big Mac, Bomber Ellis, 'RA Cullinan, Motormouth Doherty and the rest of the gang are the Boyzone of Irish politics:- very popular with the masses, but spewing out crap music!

I've listened to him enough over the last few weeks particularly but long before today as well to know he's an ideologue who is completely disconnected from the reality most people in this country live in.

No-one else there seems particularly interested in what he's saying either.

Fair play to him for praising the caretakers handling of the Covid pandemic crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Mate.....its not sour grapes...trying to shut down discussion on their almagnmation or people outlinimg they are effectively same thing isnt sour grapes

You have to learn to accept constructive critism.or differing viewpoints.....clearly you belive their to be fundamental differences between them,that noone else can see.....what are they?

Are they amalgamating SF & the National Party?
    They are pretty much the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Water John

On objective listening, Ryan has been the best speaker, so far. This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with him.
    Alan Kelly speaking now is also good. Quiet methodical delivery of his points, will be very good in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Labour hit another blow to SF calling them Out on not trying to form a government

Is he right about Michael? :) Should FF supporters be listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Did you see the reaction when people seen what voting for SF meant when they ended up with Violet Anne, up da Ra boy and the one in Cavan....

A revolt vote meant nobody knew who the Td behind the SF vote was....now people are left with years of looking at them

They can look at them all they want, they're not in power. What I'm interested in seeing is how useful all the whiter than white members of FFFGGP will be at actually governing.

Actually, we have a good idea of how they might govern as we've had 100 years or so of it, but sure maybe they'll surprise me this time around. I genuinely hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Slay them AK47

Realistically, I think most know that SF should never hold a controlling influence. They're useful (as are some of the other groups) in holding the Government of the day to account but that's about it.

I could have seen them in a coalition with FF if both served to smooth the other's edges and excesses.

But this new arrangement seems flawed and unstable from the start. Have to admit, Alan is making a lot of sense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭antimatterx

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Surely Jim O'Callaghan will get a ministry?? Who do we think FG will opt for?

Varadkar, Coveney, Donohoe, Harris, McEnte, Bruton

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Varadkar, Coveney, Donohoe, Harris, McEntee, Bruton
    Humphries over Bruton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Agree except think it could be a coin toss between Bruton and Heather Humphries for the last seat.

Leo seems to be having a great time. More than happy to hand over the reins to MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Indeed....sf being left of centre and very progressive are identical to the far right policies of the national.party :rolleyes:

What planet are you on

Just because they keep saying they are progressive doesn't mean that they are - you get that right? You are judged by your actions

I hope Bruton is relegated to the back benches. Useless.

Fair play to him for praising the caretakers handling of the Covid pandemic crisis.

You mean handling the running over to the country over to Dr Tony and co whose excessive (but understandable from a medical perspective) conservatism has lined us up for a VERY painful post-Covid recovery.

Only when his own Government, the opposition, and population started piling on the pressure was Leo finally shamed into opening up the country

Yep, great job there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fair play Alan Kelly...nailing the bull****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement