Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I don't think FF & FG will amalgamate anytime soon but its definitely in the pipeline.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭antimatterx

is_that_so wrote: »
    Humphries over Bruton.
    Agree except think it could be a coin toss between Bruton and Heather Humphries for the last seat.

I disagree. I think Bruton is probably the safest and most capable minister regardless of portfolio. This will probably be his last term, he will get a minister job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fair play Alan Kelly...nailing the bull****.

Yep. I feel very conflicted. Kelly is coming across with a lot of sense! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You mean handling the running over to the country over to Dr Tony and co whose excessive (but understandable from a medical perspective) conservatism has lined us up for a VERY painful post-Covid recovery.

Only when his own Government, the opposition, and population started piling on the pressure was Leo finally shamed into opening up the country

Yep, great job there!

They flattened the curve and we have a much better mortality rate than any of our near neighbours. Kudos to them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭antimatterx

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I hope Bruton is relegated to the back benches. Useless.

Far from useless. He was minister for jobs at a time when we had record unemployment, and set the foundations to almost achieve record employment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I actually though Labour speech was good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep. I feel very conflicted. Kelly is coming across with a lot of sense! :eek:
    It's natural to think that when when the last 3 months has been COVID, COVID, COVID. See how you feel about him in another three months!

They flattened the curve and we have a much better mortality rate than any of our near neighbours. Kudos to them for that.

They "flattened the curve" weeks before they finally started to relax restrictions. Those lost weeks were key in exacerbating the economic damage which we will all now pay for over the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I disagree. I think Bruton is probably the safest and most capable minister regardless of portfolio.

Could still be trumped by gender considerations. Do you think Anne Rabbite or Norma Foley would be getting anywhere near a minisitry if they were Andy and Norman?

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's natural to think that when when the last 3 months has been COVID, COVID, COVID. See how you feel about him in another three months!

Not at all. I still remember this:

But like a stopped clock, everyone can be right sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They "flattened the curve" weeks before they finally started to relax restrictions. Those lost weeks were key in exacerbating the economic damage which we will all now pay for over the coming years.

Ah come off it. We can see now spikes reoccurring in Germany where over 600k people are back in lockdown. The virus hasn't gone away you know.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I actually though Labour speech was good

Me, too. But I’m prejudiced. I gave Kelly my No 1. There. I’ve outed myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Every country has suffered enormous economic damage. Look at Britain, France, Spain. But we had much less deaths. It mightn't suit your narrative but that is a fact.

You mean handling the running over to the country over to Dr Tony and co whose excessive (but understandable from a medical perspective) conservatism has lined us up for a VERY painful post-Covid recovery.

Only when his own Government, the opposition, and population started piling on the pressure was Leo finally shamed into opening up the country

Yep, great job there!

Thank God it is not in your hands or we would have a lot higher death rate

Look at the countries who rushed to open and now have a disaster again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope I'm just being gloomy but Greens in coalition will not be good.
    I suppose we'll see in few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Acosta

Desperate times that might even get worse if there's another blast of the virus over the winter, so we badly needed a government to be formed. However it's a bloody sad day that Fianna Fail are back in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭mattser

Leo seems to be having a great time. More than happy to hand over the reins to MM.

He gave Sinn Change both barrels as well. Good performance.

Boyd Barrett talking rubbish. "Change change change". Switch the record.

Poor little Rich Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If you think Richie is bad, then wait until Mick Barry gets his chance to speak. Jesus.

• Advertisement

Trade Union gibberish

Poor little Rich Boy.

Again though, he's not entirely wrong with some of his points.

I don't do this thing of dismissing the message because I don't like the messenger.

He is making a show of himself

Does he think he is at a rally and that if he shouts it makes any difference

Trying to buddy up with SF is a bit late now

Change again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Here we go again with PBP. "The country voted for change" . Did I miss something at the vote count?. The majority voted for the mainstream parties. While they are not ideal, the majority did not want Sinn Fein or the looney left. I voted for the parties who openly declared they would have nothing to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

cHanGe? :rolleyes:

106447648_3586398254708168_8047771324362007276_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=U8RpQDP12fMAX9x_L7P&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=9c2fcdb1030b565742321aa3c070f812&oe=5F1BF515

With the way SF and others have been going on that the message from the election was overwhelmingly for 'change' it should've been a doddle for them to form a government. They had 5 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

cHanGe?

106447648_3586398254708168_8047771324362007276_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=U8RpQDP12fMAX9x_L7P&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=9c2fcdb1030b565742321aa3c070f812&oe=5F1BF515

12 is probably a bit early for the professional protestors.

RISE up and follow Posh Boy.

Doesn’t have the same ring as Rise up and follow Charlie!

• Advertisement

So the youth should be calling the shots eh? Let the under 25s dictate policy. Hmm..

I sympathise and agree to an extent that the younger voters are treated very badly here, but you need a bit of life experience and maturity in order to look at the bigger picture of national Government and demands.

The Left do have some good points, but it's confused and incoherent a lot of the time and this overshadows everything they say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement