Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It seems completely pointless that whoever was managing the facilities fit-out put in dozens of unusable seats.. but I suppose the optics of lots of empty space on TV wouldn't look great either.

Are the seats not already in place by default? Seems silly to remove anything?
    Why didn't they just do this in the Dail anyway? Seems an unnecessary expense.

For the craic. You serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So it looks like FG are getting the plum departments then as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It seems completely pointless that whoever was managing the facilities fit-out put in dozens of unusable seats.. but I suppose the optics of lots of empty space on TV wouldn't look great either.

Social distancing can't be adhered to in the dail chamber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

For the SF PR team...

So I turned myself to face me
    But I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker
    I'm much too fast to take that test

Are the seats not already in place by default? Seems silly to remove anything?

For the craic. You serious?

I thought I saw a shot on the news last night of guys installing seats? Maybe I'm wrong.

But yes genuine question.. is there a reason this has to be offsite? Especially in the current climate would it not be better to just stay put in Dail Eireann for the day?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Social distancing can't be adhered to in the dail chamber.

Fair enough.. but still going to be an issue next session.

Nice to see RTÉ have finally changed the view behind the cork studio. Patrick's bridge is nice but nice to see it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

"Conspired"?

Dry your f*cking eyes, and learn how PR-STV works. Or how to talk to other parties. :rolleyes:

Man City have released a statement complaining that Liverpool conspired against them to win the Premiership. SHOCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

"Conspired"?

Dry your f*cking eyes, and learn how PR-STV works. Or how to talk to other parties. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1276802926590046208

The 3 stoogies...

Looking at the comments they are getting a hammering......unfortunealty for SF everyone has figured out they are full of bulls**t

Quick Francie you may get on and deflect quickly :P

Fair enough.. but still going to be an issue next session.

Well it was just an issue given that an election of Taoiseach required all 160 TDs. I think going forward I think they can manage like they had for the past few months. I will say I do think on a personal level that michael Martin family aren't there on what is a huge day for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Man City have released a statement complaining that Liverpool conspired against them to win the Premiership. SHOCK!

FF/FG have tacitly merged to keep others out of power. Aren't there plenty heaving sighs of relief here alone?

It will be a difficult optic to dispel whether it is true or not. And I am sure political capital will be made out of an optic...not for the first time and not unique to SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Who's going to get the Health poisoned chalice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Who's going to get the Health poisoned chalice?

Donnelly, soften his cough for him

Er, social distancing. Not enough room for 2 meter spacing in the Dail chamber.

Getting a voice vote. That's a new one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I thought I saw a shot on the news last night of guys installing seats? Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure of the logistics of the DCC but if the seats are able to be removed the way you say they would likely be in modules rather than individual units so I would guess that's why.

Someone with more knowledge should let us know.
    But yes genuine question.. is there a reason this has to be offsite? Especially in the current climate would it not be better to just stay put in Dail Eireann for the day?

Apologies. I genuinely read your post as one of those posts you get from the "cost of everything, value of nothing" brigade.
    Sincerest apologies for that assumption.

But yeah, social distancing is the reason.

Won't be so much of an issue in the Dáil chamber as they have been rostering attendances. Bar big votes, there's never a reason for a full cohort to be in the chamber.

Committees have been meeting in the chamber rather than committee rooms to adhere to distancing rules.

Bruton was up like a jack in the box there!

Why are we not hearing all of them ?

Convention Centre looks well.

Well done dobbo figured out the way it's been done.

• Advertisement

One thing this process will show is the shape of the TDs hips and how good or bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The Healy Raes, PBP and Sinn Fein.
    The highest quality opposition in European history?

After months and months of this forum been plagued by a few SF supporters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.....today is a joy to behold and suddenly they are very very very quiet

At last democracy at work and the politicians finally get their chance to fight back to all the bluster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    After months and months of this forum been plagued by a few SF supporters 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.....today is a joy to behold and suddenly they are very very very quiet

You've been a bit of a plague yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Eamon o cuív voted for micheál there now

Are the Sinn Fein mics not working ? Obviously they are saying nil but I'm certainly not hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FG TD's voting for a FF Taoiseach...historic day in many ways.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Are the Sinn Fein mics not working ? Obviously they are saying nil but I'm certainly not hearing.

I was expecting them all to stand up and say "CHANGE"

You've been a bit of a plague yourself.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Eamon o cuív voted for micheál there now

Too late now, kick him out and let SF have him.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement