Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is it the first time that a party with the most TD's didn't get into government?

No

FF got the most seats....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cork will win a double. I admit I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Cork will win a double. I admit I laughed.

It's written in the stars!!

touts wrote: »
    93-63

Based on the Sinn Fein logic that their votes count double or triple and no one else's votes really matter that's a resounding vote against the new government. Mary Lou will probably be skipping out a side door and heading to the Park before Micheal ��

Yes that is a resounding victory for SF and Mary Lou

Nobody will have the heart to tell them for a few weeks......Pearse will figure out at some stage when he gets his new abacus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Can't believe Mr Burns is Taoiseach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Final score. Mattie McGrath, Carol Nolan and Denis Naughton the absentions.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1276847258844172289

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

:) He's not reminding us that his party arrived to the first Dáil armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No

FF got the most seats....

And have before and didn't get into govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Lets face it. It can't be easy for her.

A solid election result but nothing to show for it at all except bravado. It could be a long five years til the next election and Pearse D. isn't going to wait forever.

Not a flicker of sympathy for her. A greedy self obsessed slug saturated in her own ambition who coldly decided to
    satisfy her own thirst for power by selling her soul to the devil. Hopefully she will be summoned by Slab and the lads and "advised" to F off forever

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I actually like Michael Martin, think he'll be a good leader for as long as it lasts. It's the poison that is FF that I cannot stand.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Final score. Mattie McGrath and Carol Nolan were two of the absentions, anyone know the 3rd?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1276847258844172289

No mention of the Healy-Raes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And have before and didn't get into govt.

Yes, otherwise we'd have had about 70 years straight of FF government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

fr336 wrote: »
    I have no skin in this game (not Ireland based) and no SF fan, but surely democracy as you call it was when SF substantially increased their vote and the electorate rejected the bigger parties? Fair enough not wanting such a party near the levers of power, but democracy? Hmm.

The vast majority of people voted for parties who honestly stated they wouldn't entertain the shinners. The results also showed that the people weren't overly happy with either FF or FG, but preferred them to the alternative. That's how democracy works.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What kind of car is that the taoiseach gets

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

namloc1980 wrote: »
    SF didn't get the most TDs. FF did.

Both FF and SF have 37 sitting TD's each.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The vast majority of people voted for parties who honestly stated they wouldn't entertain the shinners. The results also showed that the people weren't overly happy with either FF or FG, but preferred them to the alternative. That's how democracy works.....

Let's forget that the man on the way to the Arás faithfully pledged not to go into coalition with FG.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Both FF and SF have 37 sitting TD's each.

Plus the Ceann Comhairle for FF, so 38.

fr336 wrote: »
    What kind of car is that the taoiseach gets

A Lexus hybrid apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Let's forget that the man on the way to the Arás faithfully pledged not to go into coalition with FG.
    Let's do
    Done to death in the now defunct threads
    If I had a penny for everything said pre election that cannot be done post,I'd be rich
    You work with the result and do your civic duty
    It's the same for everyone unless they get a majority for their own party and there hasn't been one of those since 1977

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Right, time for idle speculation as to who gets what.
    If this is true, FG have done very well for themselves, and left FF with some of the landmine departments (Health, Housing)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1276816634720681984

https://mobile.twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1276818860658786304

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

But lets remember that he grew up then and perhaps pavef the way for real adult politics in this country/ and above all saved the country from the sinn fein IRA disaster that might have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Right, time for idle speculation as to who gets what.
    If this is true, FG have done very well for themselves, and left FF with some of the landmine departments (Health, Housing)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1276816634720681984

https://mobile.twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1276818860658786304

Thank christ FG got finance and social protection, the other 2 would just tax tax tax and spend spend spend

It’s down to pure desperation now Francie, even your sinnerbot mates have given it up today. You can take one day, it’s what 140 days 24 x 7 on the forum going on about SF for them to slap you in the face and let FF in to run the show :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Shefwedfan wrote: »

SF got a vote, they had a chance to join with other parties and as Labour said they ran away and hid

I am far from being a supporter of SF and can't see myself voting for them tbh but that is some serious spin there.

After the results came in FF refused to enter talks with SF as did FG.

SF did not 'run away' - they were not invited to participate in govt formation talks with either of the 2 other parties who has enough seats to potentially form a majority coalition.

Labour, on the other hand, really did run away. And I used, to my shame, be a member of that party.

Thank christ FG got finance and social protection, the other 2 would just tax tax tax and spend spend spend

Does the PfG not stipulate spend spend spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That was a very good summary of the origins of FF and FG and how we got to present day I have to say.

LOTS of problems with RTE, but they do current affairs very well.

Truthvader wrote: »
    But lets remember that he grew up then and perhaps pavef the way for real adult politics in this country/ and above all saved the country from the sinn fein IRA disaster that might have happened

'Adult politics' from the poster that referred to a woman as a 'slug'?

Your self delusion is mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Poor old Francie. You can slink away now. Maybe call out to Paddy Hooligan for a spot of lunch

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I am far from being a supporter of SF and can't see myself voting for them tbh but that is some serious spin there.

After the results came in FF refused to enter talks with SF as did FG.

SF did not 'run away' - they were not invited to participate in govt formation talks with either of the 2 other parties who has enough seats to potentially form a majority coalition.

Labour, on the other hand, really did run away. And I used, to my shame, be a member of that party.

You could say that, it might have worked till PBP published a letter saying SF woukdnt contact them

Greens also went to them first.....so sorry your wrong. SF ran away and only popped up when deal was nearly done. "Change" my ass

• Advertisement

If it turns out that FF ended up with both Health and Housing, that's some win for FG. Two poisoned chalices for FF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement