Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If it turns out that FF ended up with both Health and Housing, that's some win for FG. Two poisoned chalices for FF.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this maybe the last time we see FF in government for a very long time. They have all the difficult ministeries. FG will do well from this government and I expect them to be the largest party in the next election. SF will grow further and many FF votes may seing their way. Interesting times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Read the thread, loads of positive....you just jump into the middle as usual and start throwing around accusations!!!

The only guff I have seen on this thread this morning is from Francie who is clearly bitter, a few people pointed out yet he continued.

But you're not bitter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

SF forced a C&S last time...a tacit merger of FG and FF this time by convincing the people to vote for them.

I expect that to continue until lasting change can happen. That's what more and more people want. The vote share of FF and FG down to 44% now from 86% at it's height. Change is all around you.

So you don’t think the people who voted have anything to do with this?

SF did? Who couldn’t even predict to run a second candidate in Mary Lou own patch which she wakes home in

Don’t kid yourself Francie, SF hadn’t a f**king clue what was going on, it was blind luck

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As part of the charter I don’t have to provide links, that’s straight from one of your fans!!!!

Hiding behind the charter now. Excellent.

Here's what you do when asked to back something up.

shefwedfan wrote:
    Quote the post I “attacked” someone please?

Here you are, attacking the poster and not addressing a syllable of their post.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113863893&postcount=2497

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

almostover wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this maybe the last time we see FF in government for a very long time. They have all the difficult ministeries. FG will do well from this government and I expect them to be the largest party in the next election. SF will grow further and many FF votes may seing their way. Interesting times ahead.

FF bankrupted the country almost 15 years ago yet here we are today.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    But you're not bitter :)

Ahh just responding to you. It’s a pity you feel the need to drive each thread to your childish level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I watched the PBP crew walking out of the exhibition centre. They're like a crowd on a days outing from the local home for the bewildered. All they were missing was carrying their sandwiches in a Lidl bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

'Shinnerbot Mates' says it all really.

FF bankrupted the country almost 15 years ago yet here we are today.

I think you need to read your history

It’s a great story isn’t it for FF, after the crash people predicted the demise of FF, but a strong support has brought them back and I expect them to continue the growth and have a majority next election

So you don’t think the people who voted have anything to do with this?

SF did? Who couldn’t even predict to run a second candidate in Mary Lou own patch which she wakes home in

Don’t kid yourself Francie, SF hadn’t a f**king clue what was going on, it was blind luck

I wish the rest of FF were that stupid to believe that. They aren't, hence their huddle with FG. A last ditch attempt to try and grow the party ahead of what they know is coming, the demise of one of them.

13% in the polls and falling. They'll get a wee bounce now going into government but a lot of work to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

SF forced a C&S last time...a tacit merger of FG and FF this time by convincing the people to vote for them.

I expect that to continue until lasting change can happen. That's what more and more people want. The vote share of FF and FG down to 44% now from 86% at it's height. Change is all around you.

A bit early for the Dutch Gold

I am just copying and pasting the exact term used by a certain poster.

You had no issue when he used it so why you calling it out now?

Edgware wrote: »
    I watched the PBP crew walking out of the exhibition centre. They're like a crowd on a days outing from the local home for the bewildered. All they were missing was carrying their sandwiches in a Lidl bag

Aw, no fancy biz suits or glitzy cars at the taxpayers expense Edge? How unimpressive.

I have no idea what you are referring to, much less have an issue.

You are hiding behind the charter to support your lie.

Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Aw, no fancy biz suits or glitzy cars at the taxpayers expense Edge? How unimpressive.

Glitzy cars? Would you have the Taoiseach and his ministers driving around in some clapped-out banger just so they can show ‘solidarity’ with the plain people of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I think you need to read your history

It’s a great story isn’t it for FF, after the crash people predicted the demise of FF, but a strong support has brought them back and I expect them to continue the growth and have a majority next election

What growth? They got 24% in 2016. They got 24% in 2020. They're at 13% in the latest opinion poll. They're not growing, they're shrinking.

What growth? They got 24% in 2016. They got 24% in 2020. They're at 13% in the latest opinion poll. They're not growing, they're shrinking.

No matter how hard they try, down go the poll numbers.

No matter how hard they try, down go the poll numbers.

They're being elbowed out by FG. One of the two had to fade away and it looks like FF.

Glitzy cars? Would you have the Taoiseach and his ministers driving around in some clapped-out banger just so they can show ‘solidarity’ with the plain people of Ireland?

I'd have him cycle to the Aras, if it was me. Good optics and all that. He could hide the Lexus around the corner with Eamo's deisel yoke. :)

Anyway time to ignore the shinnerbots

It’s a great day for Ireland. FF back in power and with the Greens and FG I think will be a good combination till the next elections.

Will be interesting to see layout of ministers, health and housing are the big ones.
    With this government we can hold onto the valuable multi nationals and hopefully grow that area of economy. Move farming to organic over the next few years will a mix of dairy and beef, hopefully the promise of their white gold is true

I was very surprised by Labour and they do look to have a good leader so maybe they will start to regrow

PBP, seriously they are turning into a running joke

I do think we need to review independent TD, if they want a pay day stick them into councillor roles and they can shake hands all they want. Having loads of people with no agenda to improve Ireland is holding back the entire nation.

Anyway happy for MM. I do think he will retire after his stint so FF need to look at an new leader now to build towards the future.

I did like Leo prior to him moving to Taoiseach, I did think he made a balls of it but since he knew he was on the way out I actually started to like him again. It’s like the pressure is off now. He was even laughing as he said about change which was hilarious

• Advertisement

They're being elbowed out by FG. One of the two had to fade away and it looks like FF.

It's an interesting sideshow. They need one another but know one of them is going to die out.

FG have too many smarts for them IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'd have him cycle to the Aras, if it was me. Good optics and all that. He could hide the Lexus around the corner with Eamo's deisel yoke. :)

It'd be like when David Cameron used to cycle to parliament to prove his environmental credentials before his car carrying his paperwork followed 5 minutes later.

It's an interesting sideshow. They need one another but know one of them is going to die out.

FG have too many smarts for them IMO.

They do, plus they are perceived to have done a good job during the pandemic. I see FG absorbing much of FF. There'll be a few FF diehards like O'Cúiv but the bulk will be pragmatic. Especially with SF as the main opposition until the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Anyway time to ignore the shinnerbots

It’s a great day for Ireland. FF back in power and with the Greens and FG I think will be a good combination till the next elections.

Will be interesting to see layout of ministers, health and housing are the big ones.
    With this government we can hold onto the valuable multi nationals and hopefully grow that area of economy. Move farming to organic over the next few years will a mix of dairy and beef, hopefully the promise of their white gold is true

I was very surprised by Labour and they do look to have a good leader so maybe they will start to regrow

PBP, seriously they are turning into a running joke

I do think we need to review independent TD, if they want a pay day stick them into councillor roles and they can shake hands all they want. Having loads of people with no agenda to improve Ireland is holding back the entire nation.

Anyway happy for MM. I do think he will retire after his stint so FF need to look at an new leader now to build towards the future.

I did like Leo prior to him moving to Taoiseach, I did think he made a balls of it but since he knew he was on the way out I actually started to like him again. It’s like the pressure is off now. He was even laughing as he said about change which was hilarious

The multinationals will do grand regardless, that part of our economy doesn't need growth. It's the SME's need help. Here in Cork I'm seeing many of those interacting with the Cork chamber saying the reopening grants have not been processed at all despite most hoping to open Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Actually that's a fair point, isn't the 20km/county boundary limit travel restriction still in place until Monday?

https://twitter.com/keithconnollyff/status/1276832964895289345

The restrictions don't apply to those not resident in the republic.
    You can ask FG about how that came about.

Let's forget that the man on the way to the Arás faithfully pledged not to go into coalition with FG.

Really? When was this faithful pledge made?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭This is it

Shef: "Show me evidence?"

*Evidence*

Shef: *Backtrack and deflect*

Even as a FG supporter I find it hilarious :)

This is it wrote: »

*Evidence*

Francie has asked for the same letter and been provided it 20 times already

I am just poking some fun as a certain poster on here is constantly lying and when asked to provide evidence spouts out "It doesnt say in charter I have to provide a link"

Its a joyful day, might as well have a laugh

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »

*Evidence*

It's gas...he just lied and walked away from it.

Claimed he didn't do something then, was shown the evidence and just ignored it. :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement