Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Really? When was this faithful pledge made?

He reiterated it on 23rd Feb 2020 so some time before that apparently
    The Fianna Fail leader has reiterated that he will not go into Government with Fine Gael or Sinn Fein.

His comments come despite the findings of recent opinion polls which suggest that a Fianna Fail coalition with either Sein Fein or Fine Geal
    might be the only way to form a viable government after Fridays vote.

Michael Martin says the country badly needs a different party in power
    https://kfmradio.com/news/23022016-1043/martin-says-ff-will-not-go-govt-fine-gael-or-sinn-fein

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 69,211 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Francie has asked for the same letter and been provided it 20 times already

h

Another outright lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    He reiterated it on 23rd Feb 2020 so some time before that apparently

https://kfmradio.com/news/23022016-1043/martin-says-ff-will-not-go-govt-fine-gael-or-sinn-fein

And the numbers didn't work out and the crisis we're in was unforeseen. Personally I prefer politicians who can reflect on reality and compromise their position, as opposed to those who dogmatically insist on immoveable ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    The multinationals will do grand regardless, that part of our economy doesn't need growth. It's the SME's need help. Here in Cork I'm seeing many of those interacting with the Cork chamber saying the reopening grants have not been processed at all despite most hoping to open Monday.

You do realise the money driven by the multinational drive huge money into the SME

When Dell closed in limerick it massiver hit was not just the people left jobless. It was all the supplier and then all the SME that staff bought stuff in with wages

I think they mentioned Dell used 2k eggs or something per day, thats the affect losin multi nationals have

• Advertisement

TBF to Micheál, the world has changed completely since January.

TBF to everyone...people knew in January he was lying.

Everybody was lying in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭This is it

Francie has asked for the same letter and been provided it 20 times already

I am just poking some fun as a certain poster on here is constantly lying and when asked to provide evidence spouts out "It doesnt say in charter I have to provide a link"

Its a joyful day, might as well have a laugh

You have a low threshold for humor.

Anyway. Not overjoyed with MM in the hot seat, I believe Leo did a good job and look forward to seeing him back there soon. There are obvious things that need fixing in the country and I hope all parties, government and opposition can work to sort out the likes of housing and health, amongst others.

fr336 wrote: »
    It'd be like when David Cameron used to cycle to parliament to prove his environmental credentials before his car carrying his paperwork followed 5 minutes later.

I think you find no matter what transport the politicians use they have have a proterction car behind them. So instead of 2 cars they only have 1, they are not allowed travel in same vehicle either for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Do irish Parton announce plans for what they will do once in power to do they just tumble along from one failure and scandal to the next?

Any plans? Any word?

This is it wrote: »
    You have a low threshold for humor.

Anyway. Not overjoyed with MM in the hot seat, I believe Leo did a good job and look forward to seeing him back there soon. There are obvious things that need fixing in the country and I hope all parties, government and opposition can work to sort out the likes of housing and health, amongst others.

Thays the plan I would think

Do irish Parton announce plans for what they will do once in power to do they just tumble along from one failure and scandal to the next?

Any plans? Any word?

Theuy released a 100+ page documemt called program for governmemt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You cannot lie about the future because it hasn't happened yet

Theuy released a 100+ page documemt called program for governmemt

Anything realistic?

Remember the time fg announced the Ireland 2040 plan. Also not realistic

Mortelaro wrote: »

You keep saying this. And it is evidence that you are so used to being lied to that you have come up with ridiculous excuses for it.

Martin lied, we all knew at the time it was a lie and a lie it was. He is now in coalition with FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mortelaro wrote: »

Ruling something out in any and all circumstances and then going ahead and doing it is a form of lying in most people's eyes.

Anything realistic?

Remember the time fg announced the Ireland 2040 plan. Also not realistic

lots of good things, only a few hours in so hard to tell how successful it will be

lots of good things, only a few hours in so hard to tell how successful it will be

Right fair enough. I take it Ireland 2040 project is abandoned so. New plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The Fine Gael New Politics document from 2011 is always a great read ;)
    Fine Gael’s starting point is simple: political failure lies at the heart of Ireland’s economic collapse. The finger of responsibility must, in the first instance, point directly to the massive policy failures of the recent Fianna-Fail led Governments and their willingness to promote the interests of a so-called “Golden Circle” over the interests of the Citizen. Under Fianna Fail a political culture developed which ensured that the bankers and the developers were not dealt with before it was too late. A culture which tolerates cosy cartels and high costs in the private sector and ignores the need for radical reform in the public sector.
    However, it is also clear that several key weaknesses in Ireland’s political system facilitated the failures of the last twelve years. In particular:

• A proliferation of State agencies and Quangos that answer to no one and a model of Social Partnership which effectively excluded the Dáil; and
    Fine Gael’s New Politics tackles all of these weaknesses head-on and will restore people’s trust in the political process by delivering real, tangible change.
    As part of the New Politics Fine Gael will deliver:
    • A single chamber Oireachtas with no Second House.
    • A reduction in the number of TDs in the Dáil by 20.
    • A significantly strengthened Dáil committee system that holds Government to account
    The expressions “Golden Circle”, “Crony Government” and “Cosy Capitalism” all describe the same thing: The abduction of our Republic by both public and private sector vested interests, aided and abetted by the present Government.

• Advertisement

You keep saying this. And it is evidence that you are so used to being lied to that you have come up with ridiculous excuses for it.

Martin lied, we all knew at the time it was a lie and a lie it was. He is now in coalition with FG.

Everybody lied. Everybody's manifesto was unicorns and rainbows. The world has changed utterly since the election. Martin is doing the right thing by going into government in a coalition that will bring the stability this country needs. Especially as Ireland deals with a pandemic, Brexit and an economic crash.

Right fair enough. I take it Ireland 2040 project is abandoned so. New plan.

I don’t know

Some programs will continue, Irish not as stupid as US and throw out all the work done by previous government

I don’t know

Some programs will continue, Irish not as stupid as US and throw out all the work done by previous government

The budget doesn't cover multiple plans. Cant go in different directions. Plan abandoned

Ruling something out in any and all circumstances and then going ahead and doing it is a form of lying in most people's eyes.

Imagine using Mort's phrase as an excuse for not paying your mortgage. :)

The judge:

judge-looking-incredulous-picture-id537861442?k=6&m=537861442&s=170667a&w=0&h=vit1PspLVk3CHifO9KL9mCAD0mVraz1Drxmoa3iT5E4=

That's just silly. Most people who deal with others in working life or socially say things that they ultimately need to compromise on. This notion that politicians must be bound to what they said at some point in the past and cannot move their position is just extremely silly and massively naive.

The budget doesn't cover multiple plans. Cant go in different directions. Plan abandoned

The government isn't even formed fully yet. :rolleyes: Some very silly takes on here at the moment.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's just silly. Most people who deal with others in working life or socially say things that they ultimately need to compromise on. This notion that politicians must be bound to what they said at some point in the past and cannot move their position is just extremely silly and massively naive.

Most honest politician's don't say what Martin said for that reason.

Martin lied about SF and FG. He would have done a deal with either if it was politically expedient.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The government isn't even formed fully yet. :rolleyes: Some very silly takes on here at the moment.

Is Ireland 2040 mentioned in the program for government?
    I haven't read it

Most honest politician's don't say what Martin said for that reason.

Martin lied about SF and FG. He would have done a deal with either if it was politically expedient.

The world has changed completely since the election. To quote Keynes, when the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

• Advertisement

The world has changed completely since the election. To quote Keynes, when the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

Look, you can pretend all you like that this kind of lying doesn't go on before every election.

It was a lie to gain votes. We knew it at the time and we know it for certain now.

It's annoying because his similar vow 'to not go in with SF' is touted as some sort of moral code he has.

He opened the door to them when he thought he had enough seats to ensure he got the the Taoiseach gig first.

He lied...stop using a pandemic to excuse it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement