Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Who got Environment?

No such thing. It's part of Climate Action which is Eamon Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Are we gonna have 5 years of you policing threads getting huffy?

What will he be like when sf get into power in the next GE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

What did Stephen Donnelly do to warrant a cabinet position :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

is_that_so wrote: »
    The fact that FF don't have many female TDs.

No. They don't. Maybe f.f. themselves heretofore were such gentle meekness.
    Of course, now, they are the mr. machismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

touts wrote: »
    The Dublin Metro has to be in serious question now. In the Post Covid World with remote working and only essential travel there is no demand for a metro to bring people from an empty airport to empty office blocks in the ifsc.

The greens can get far more of their projects in place by killing that project and diverting it into bus services, cycle lanes etc.
    Oh my god. Yes, it's only to bring people from the airport.

No one in Dublin needs a transport service that is a given in any city in Europe.

No one in Swords and the environs have any right to get to the city in less than an hour and that's not at all to mention the much needed capacity increases south of Charlemont.

Screw PT. Let's just drive everywhere.

• Advertisement

I'd say Simon Harris is delighted to be able to hide away in the new Department of Higher Education and Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I wouldn't say the Fianna Fail education spokesperson for the last few years Thomas Byrne is happy.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'd say Simon Harris is delighted to be able to hide away in the new Department of Higher Education and Science.

In fairness, he deserves a break

• Registered Users Posts: 40,046 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Floppybits wrote: »
    That's an awful cabinet. Some very weak people in there. Surprised to see McEntee getting justice, glad to see the back of Flanagan but I would think justice would need a more senior politicians in there. Donnelly in health is not going to do much to.improve the health services. I'd say the knives will out in FF.

Ah Helen McEntee was very capable in her previous role and yes the dept of justice is a big jump but I can see her doing well.

Well apparently there are a lot of unhappy FF TDs in the convention centre and from seeing dara Callery he's one of them. Deputy leader of FF used to be a nailed on government post but not this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jos28 wrote: »
    What did Stephen Donnelly do to warrant a cabinet position :confused:

Give FF a bit of D4 appeal in the absence of Jim O'Callaghan:P

• Advertisement

What would he be hiding from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I hope he does a better job than he did in health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Money for jam sure. Leave the phone off the hook and tip on home early each day. Sure who would even notice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great to see the awful trio of Bruton,Flanagan and McHugh gone.

Catherine Martin has some broad department. Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, Media and Tourism. Ridiculously large portfolio.

Give FF a bit of D4 appeal in the absence of Jim O'Callaghan:P

Maybe, just can't see the appeal myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Im not policing anything, just an observation that I have yet to see a single positive comment......

At this stage a positive comment would have a bigger affect than the constant stream of negativity.

Continue on for the next 5 years moaning.....no skin off my nose but it must be awful boring sitting on a website 24 x 7 just to moan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Indeed I have. In fact, I quoted him earlier today on this very thread. The sensible thing to do is to borrow enough money to keep the ship afloat and no more. The idea that we borrow tens of billions just because, you know, houses n stuff is, to say the least very selfish. Ever hear of a deficit? Of a national debt? Of future generations? There's not many in the government, past or present, who agree with you.
    That's not what Keyne's advocated - he advocated a Keynesian Stimulus through borrowing, to bring the economy back to Full Employment.

Deficits are what governments worldwide do, 90+% of the time...they are perfectly normal and a good thing...

What on earth is selfish about making sure there are enough houses, so that the average person can actually afford to live in this country? Jesus, you sound like someone who's already made it financially - and wants to pull the ladder up on upcoming generations, ruin loads of peoples lives, just to feel virtuous on climate issues...(while pretending to care about future generations, due to the effects of the climate)

You do realize the national debt is not a problem, right? It's leaving huge numbers of people unemployed for a decade that costs the country, and which saddles future generations with costs - right? Countries run up Public Debt all over the world, all the time, perfectly sustainably - it's a perfectly normal part of government finances...

Well that's funny, the Green's were all for Keynesian Stimulus, until it came time to get into government...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

nc6000 wrote: »

The 18 other Corona viruses

The non stop spotlight of Health.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I hope he does a better job than he did in health.

It a poison chalice to be honest, name a "good" Minister for health in the last 20 years?

Its a no win role. At this moment Harris is probably coming out better than most of his predecessors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice to see Harris's nightmare in health is over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Catherine Martin has some broad department. Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, Media and Tourism. Ridiculously large portfolio.

That's a ridiculous portfolio, pity the people answering the phones in that Department

I wouldn't say the Fianna Fail education spokesperson for the last few years Thomas Byrne is happy.

Well it's not the first time Kerry have beaten Meath. But yeah I mean he's probably not happy given his time as spokesperson on education. If you don't see someone as potentially being a minister of a certain dept then don't make them a spokesperson in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Be worse than that. This government isn't lasting 5 years.

And FF will be out on their ear then...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Heather Humphreys will be slightly disappointed. A really excellent Minister of Business, Enterprise and Innovation. She was rumoured to be getting the agriculture portfolio, but instead ends up as the Minister for Social Protection and Rural Affairs. .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah Helen McEntee was very capable in her previous role and yes the dept of justice is a big jump but I can see her doing well.

Well apparently there are a lot of unhappy FF TDs in the convention centre and from seeing dara Callery he's one of them. Deputy leader of FF used to be a nailed on government post but not this time.

All she did in her previous role was stand behind either coveney on varadkar, she never said anything. Has she even spoke in the dail? FF TD's must be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jos28 wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous portfolio, pity the people answering the phones in that Department

Let's craft an acronym for them: CAGASMET?

Heather Humphreys will be slightly disappointed. A really excellent Minister of Business, Enterprise and Innovation. She was rumoured to be getting the agriculture portfolio, but instead ends up as the Minister for Social Protection and Rural Affairs. .

I would have thought Rural Affairs was a better fit for Agriculture than Social Protection.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    All she did in her previous role was stand behind either coveney on varadkar, she never said anything. Has she even spoke in the dail? FF TD's must be fuming.

Yes she did speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement